She's better than she was. But still Niche. Some excellent damage output from passive & Tornadoes, but it's more finicky to set up than simpler and more effective methods by other frames. She's still functionally invincible, but then again so are all the other frames. 

There's one hilarious build that is surprisingly effective now. Use the augment mod Target Fixation and just spam divebomb all day as you walk around the map, never staying on the ground for 2 seconds or more. You can basically do Grineer steel path survival like this, nuking entire rooms with divebomb. It's funny and silly, and it works quite well.

Saddest part for me is that DE touted better mobility, being able to wall jump right after impact on the wall using tail wind. This is awesome, but it doesn't work in practice. You still get locked into the same old animations. It's better than before, but the animation locks still make her mobility useless outside of open worlds.

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, Sevek7 said:

Saddest part for me is that DE touted better mobility, being able to wall jump right after impact on the wall using tail wind. This is awesome, but it doesn't work in practice. You still get locked into the same old animations. It's better than before, but the animation locks still make her mobility useless outside of open worlds.

She's pretty fun and strong to boot, with quite good cc as well. But the above is really, really terrible. It's like walls form a black hole that vacuums you and you can't escape.

Also, many maps with open air mark you as out of bounds if you try to Tail Wind up, putting you back where you started.

There are good and not so good things.

As for good things:

- sucking Airburst is kind of nice

- tornadoes now stay at one places, have pretty nice range and you have to do some "magic" to make them stay (invert hold/tap only). There is now reason to use them!

- Hover (1st) is nice "break" . You just need to tap (invert hold/tap as above). It's fast. Energy drain isn't huge.

- I don't use Divebomb... so...

- passive +150% crit is nice but not game breaking (for my usage) but...

- tornadoes + passive + electric or gas (or was it toxin... I don't know) makes huge damage.... not sure how it as before

As for not so good things:

- there are still redundant things (duplicates): tailwind = roll, bullet jump, jump; divebomb = (heavy) slam atack

- tornadoes don't color damage types without augment

- passive makes crit weapon crit more but weapons with low crit chance won't see too much of it.

- any attack that's not block or gun shoot breaks Hover

47 minutes ago, quxier said:

tailwind = roll, bullet jump, jump

Tailwind can be chained in ways Bullet Jump can only dream of, on top of being twice as fast

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Tailwind can be chained in ways Bullet Jump can only dream of

Yes, it's current limitation that can be little mitigated with wall jumping

I've post suggestion about Zephyr being able to use all maneuvers without limitations

Tailwind can be chained but it's limited (afair) to values you already set BEFORE missions. With mentioned maneuvers you could achieve much more.

17 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

on top of being twice as fast

TW being twice as fast? So what? Do we need this everywhere? If you set it too high then you can't use it in CQC situations. If you set it too low then it's useless. If you set it "just right" then you can use it in normal missions but you can use it to travel (and that's your point).

12 minutes ago, quxier said:

Tailwind can be chained but it's limited (afair) to values you already set BEFORE missions.

Um... no? You can mash that 1 button until the cows come home if you want

12 minutes ago, quxier said:

If you set it too high then you can't use it in CQC situations.

Um, yes you can: Tail Wind goes THROUGH enemies, so of course you can

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

Um... no? You can mash that 1 button until the cows come home if you want

You can, I haven't said you cannot. You can just "move" by value you set BEFORE.

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

Um, yes you can: Tail Wind goes THROUGH enemies, so of course you can

Yes, but it will move you to some... higher dimension (joke)...

If you want to travel some distance A and tailwind have travels 2x A. While Tailwind stop at distance A? If yes how can you do it?

She's certainly a lot better than before, though there's still room for improvement:

• Tailwind still needs improvements to its controls, as it's still an unwieldy ability that's terrible for maneuvering through most of Warframe's tilesets. Allowing players to strafe and change direction while traveling, and wall latch on-demand during, would improve the ability's smoothness significantly.
  • Airburst could use an increase to its base range, and its hold function ought to be reworked to something actually useful, e.g. lifting every enemy in the radius or the like.

Well, let's look at this from me, one of the more avid fans on here...

Zephyr is better now. Zephyr had faults before and has faults now, but the frame is far more complete after a change many players have been pushing for literally years.

See, as fun as things like the Hover and the new Passive are, the real power was always hidden inside Tornado. If you could get Tornado to go where you needed it, something I personally have been pushing since 2018, you would get some amazing damage.

Before now, with the Helminth system, we were actually able to prove this by using Funnel Clouds and Ensnare to overcome the 'spawn everywhere' nature of the ability. By grouping huge amounts of enemies together it ensured that at least three of the funnels would spawn on the group you had, or more, then hitting those funnels would transfer a whole heap of damage to the enemies around.

Pablo, the fun-tastic reworker that he is, just made that part of the base kit when he implemented the 'Hold cast to place in a small radius'.

So now we have a frame that is one of the best weapon-boosting casters out there for any form of stationary play, and one of the better run-and-gun frames out there for the non-stationary play.

For example, a three-hour Steel Path run on Ani, with a neat and tidy 136 Steel Essence (unfortunately that one Acolyte that can cast Magnetise on you got me killed by my own damage so... screw that guy) for my effort:

Spoiler

Ex7UVqwWYAE33vI?format=jpg&name=large

Zephyr is an... off-tank.

She's immune to ranged weapons, which is great, she spends a lot of time off the ground to avoid melee enemies, which is also great. Crit primary and secondary weapons are massively boosted by her passive, which is also-also great.

She is not great at quick CC, although she does have a middle-of-the-pack quick CC with Air Burst, that's actually very useful for extending the range of her Tornado (not functionally, but just in practice) by throwing the ability at the edge of Tornado's range to pull enemies off their feet and into the funnel radius.

So you combine the function of being immune to ranged, having a decent ranking crowd control that she can access quickly and cheaply, the mobility to stay airborne through parkour or her ability, and then a damage-boosting 4th ability that is also a hard-CC in a decent radius?

That's a good frame.

That's just a good frame.

Now, what were those issues I mentioned before?

Tailwind has been passively improved by the Hover function, in that you can now brake in the air once the animation ends. But you still don't want to go all-out on Duration because the animation will last too long and often give you far too much Momentum. Stopping after a Tailwind is always a bit of an issue, and that hasn't changed, although your options for stopping have expanded.

Dive Bomb is still a meme. It's a really good meme with Target Fixation now, because you can repeatedly Bomb and Bounce to build up a multiplier in the tens of thousands range. To be clear, a ten or twenty thousand percent on a base of 4500 damage is a very hefty hit of damage radially... plus it's multiplied by your height too, so getting 15m up is a 3x multiplier on the damage on top of that ten thousand percent gives you over a million damage... And it doesn't have a cap. You can keep going until you're one-shotting level 300+ Steel Path Grineer with it, if you have somebody else to do the Life Support for you.

And you will still randomly die if you happen to strafe through a gas cloud from a Mutalist Osprey, that's something that's very tricky to not die from at higher level.

When all's said and done, though, those aren't really massive flaws compared to the overall performance of this frame now.

People may complain about the floaty passive, but now that we have the crit passive, there's a reason to have the floaty passive (beyond the aesthetic that I love).

People may complain about Tailwind still, but mastering its movement actually feels way better than ignoring it completely.

People may complain that Turbulence only affects one type of damage (even though it's an infinitely effective one that doesn't care if it's a level 8 Heavy Gunner or level 8000, they still aren't shooting you).

If you master this frame, its movement, its weaknesses, and its strengths it will not let you down.

I've had a lot of fun with Zephyr over the years, and now it seems like the rest of you can as well.

For a tl;dr version?

Zephyr was only a low C tier frame for me, even though she was S tier in my heart, she had gimmicks and style, but not a whole lot of reliability on the functions she needed. I would say that she's at least a low A tier now, not perfect, has some drawbacks, but performs so well at what she actually does that those drawbacks are kind of negligible.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, quxier said:

You can, I haven't said you cannot. You can just "move" by value you set BEFORE.

Yes, but it will move you to some... higher dimension (joke)...

If you want to travel some distance A and tailwind have travels 2x A. While Tailwind stop at distance A? If yes how can you do it?

I don't get you. Are you asking "what if Tailwind is too strong?" Then you don't use it. Kinda like how you don't just constantly cast Miasma as Saryn before the enemies actually spawn

4 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I don't get you. Are you asking "what if Tailwind is too strong?" Then you don't use it. Kinda like how you don't just constantly cast Miasma as Saryn before the enemies actually spawn

And that's my point. Tailwind isn't great.

20 minutes ago, quxier said:

And that's my point. Tailwind isn't great.

I think you just find yourself in situations you don't need it very much. Because when you DO use it Tailwind IS great. It's fast, it's convenient, it's cheap

4 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Zephyr already was good. Whether a frame is good or not depends on whether the player is good or not.

Player skill will never change the fact that frames like Inaros are poorly designed. 

She is better than what she was , 

This rework is in my opinion in the same league as the Nezha rework ... Maybe a little lower.

Her utility and damage potential are defintely high now.

But the biggest problem is not intrinsic to Zephyr , it's the rest of the world , the walls and  out of bounds tend to make her feel awkward.

I don't even use her tail wind for the same reason , breaks the flow and can have terrible consequences if you are stuck/spawned next to an enemy with all your defenses gone.

DE really needs a better mechanism to reset spawns/out of bounds.

The wall impacts should just create Divebombs and not a freeze.