Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It My Imagination, Or Do Assassination Bosses Spawn More Frequently On The Steel Path?

onilink888

Question

From what I've experienced, Steel Path seems to spawn assassins at a higher rate. Over the course of the 1100 hours I've spent on the regular star chart, I've been attacked by the Grustrag 3 exactly once and not once by the Zanuka Hunter. Over the course of the 30 or so hours I've spent on Steel Path, the Grustrag 3 have attacked me 5 times and the Zanuka Hunter twice. The assassination squads from syndicates where I have negative standing attack me far more frequently too, so I'm wondering if there's some correlation there or if it's pure RNG shenanigans.

7 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

Because they are , all assassin spawn rates in steel path have been increased .

Ah, I see. I asked because the game's wiki, which is my primary source of information, makes no mention of this. Anyways, thanks for the answer.

12 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

You wont find anything in patch notes or wiki about increased spawn rates .

Then how do you know this is actually happening? Anecdotal evidence for RNG-based events like the assassins is not sufficient.

If we are going to believe that assassins are spawning more frequently in Steel Path then there needs to be some data to back up the claim. 

Even in non-Steel Path there have been days when I have encountered assassins multiple times, then I go weeks without seeing one. RNG can be pretty RNG. Personally I've not noticed encountering assassins any more frequently on Steel Path. I maybe encountered Grustrag 3 one time and Zanuka zero times. Stalker maybe 4 or 5 times but there are days when I see stalker 2 or 3 times consecutively on regular missions.

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

Then how do you know this is actually happening? Anecdotal evidence for RNG-based events like the assassins is not sufficient.

If we are going to believe that assassins are spawning more frequently in Steel Path then there needs to be some data to back up the claim. 

this is not an explanation, but since it's brought up, you know it would potentially make sense that since Steel Path forced 4 Player Enemy Spawns, that it might also make 1 Player have Spawns for 4 Players for special things too.

not confirmed or even tested, but if i think about it it sounds like something that could make sense.

20 minutes ago, taiiat said:

this is not an explanation, but since it's brought up, you know it would potentially make sense that since Steel Path forced 4 Player Enemy Spawns, that it might also make 1 Player have Spawns for 4 Players for special things too.

not confirmed or even tested, but if i think about it it sounds like something that could make sense.

will ferrell snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Archived