Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FRAME - a fanmade LOVE-LETTER to Warframe in the form of a tabletop RPG was Canceled

(PSN)Wolf_Folivora

A Kickstarter Campaign that was launched in March 2021, titled Frame - was forced to cancel due to a small but loud minority within our community, forcing the Creator of this tabletop to give up on his Fan Love-Letter to Warframe.

There is so much good in Warframe and its Community. But today I am sharing something sad In hopes that future Warframe Fan-Content will not be canceled due to small groups of passionate individuals who wish to take vigilante action for Digital Extremes. I would like to make this situation aware to Everyone including Digital Extremes. So that when someone who loves Warframe and wants to share his or her appreciation for the game in the form of Fluffs, Fan-Anime or a Tabletop RPG, that he will not be forced to withdraw due to attacks from Warframe fans.
I want to share a video from Iwoply with you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr1_g1NTf-o

As in every Community, Warframe also has its share of bad eggs. I avoid giving them any attention and do not name them out. These cases, however need to be made aware Community Managers of Digital Extremes.
A great help would be good dedicated DE inbox for fan-collaboration ideas. An application form of sorts for getting green-lit from DE for your fan-projects.
There is nothing one can do to stop such people from making the life of someone else miserable even if he or she does everything right and in accordance with IP laws. But what Digital Extreme can do is protect Fans of the game by giving a clear statement to the fans that their Fan-Content is safe game. And to remind the rest of the community of this as well as to prevent future campaigns of harassment, a simple statement form DE managers saying to the fans something like: "We Digital Extremes will fight our own legal battles. Please do not fight them for us in any way."

• 4 weeks later...
On 2021-04-08 at 3:11 PM, (PSN)Wolf_von_Saturn said:

A Kickstarter Campaign that was launched in March 2021, titled Frame - was forced to cancel due to a small but loud minority within our community, forcing the Creator of this tabletop to give up on his Fan Love-Letter to Warframe.

Pardon the interruption, but you should probably put this in General discussion, not the RP forum.

Archived