How should Nyx be fixed..?

16 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Holy hell batman, don't you lot play the game anymore, :tongue: all these multiplicative quotes box's are like speed bumps to my eyeballs. :laugh:

The walls of text remind me of this. Rlkj4pp.gif interesting read though, the passion is strong in here.

Reveal hidden contents

Someone say popcorn to keep from starving while reading all this I have spare if you don't mind slobber.

8P3eLT0.gifYlTqB.jpg

I did my best to downsize the multi quotes, I really did. 

5 hours ago, Teridax68 said:
  1. Please learn to use the quote function properly, as your post is a mess.
  2. Your instant 180 from "Nyx is good because I say so, and I get to say so because I play her" to "My personal usage statistics aren't the point" is a pretty clear indicator that you don't actually play Nyx as much as you were trying to convince others. Please try to refrain from arguing from personal credentials if you don't have said credentials.
  3. I couldn't agree more, usage statistics aren't an automatic "see I'm right" button. Thank you for dismantling the crux of your friend's position on this thread.
  4. I also agree that usage data doesn't tell the full story... which is why one also has to listen to the playerbase, and what the playerbase as a whole has been saying for quite some time is that Nyx really isn't in a good spot. The latter seems to be what bothers you, which is presumably why you've been trying to talk down to everyone who's been criticizing the frame. Minorities are certainly allowed to exist, but when a frame's minority playerbase could easily be made larger if the frame were improved, I fail to see why one would keep the frame in a bad spot. The problem here isn't that you're being oppressed, but that you feel entitled to preferential treatment that you're not getting, hence presumably why you felt the need to swing about a Nyx playtime that, by all evidence, appears to have been greatly exaggerated.

You asked for and used usage data when it was a flawed premise to begin with. This is why I used the McDonald's example. No one cares about your personal popularity contest. Your game has grown and attracted different players. Some players don't like to follow the path of least resistance. Some people don't want to press 4 and spin a joystick around to beat stuff. Sometimes the "base" can be wrong.....or simply not know what they're talking about, hence why they wait for someone to tell them how to play the game. Some people can play the game fine alone or without having to be told stuff step by step. 

It's too late to play the "tyranny of the majority" card. It would have worked in the 1950s but people are slightly more open minded now. Following what large groups of playerbases think is sometimes just a silly thing to do. 

The playerbase didn't want the Bramma adjusted or the Helminth roar adjusted either, but rational heads prevailed. 

• Like 4

I need one more umbra forma for nyx and I've run out of them 😓😢😭

I've been making a lot of umbra builds, I didn't knew I was about to enjoy Nyx that much, Shooting Gallery is just perfect for a Chaos focused build, after trying it a lot I didn't liked that much the augment (Chaos Sphere) and I'm trying to see wich mod would be better: Streamline or Stretch, I'm already using Overextend and Primed Flow...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I've been making a lot of umbra builds, I didn't knew I was about to enjoy Nyx that much, Shooting Gallery is just perfect for a Chaos focused build, after trying it a lot I didn't liked that much the augment (Chaos Sphere) and I'm trying to see wich mod would be better: Streamline or Stretch, I'm already using Overextend and Primed Flow...

Mind showing me the build? I'm curious how you've setup 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Muzzle Flash augment on that build. You'd be stacking 3 different cc (blind, disarm and chaos). It's ez mode endurance Nyx.

7 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

You asked for and used usage data when it was a flawed premise to begin with. This is why I used the McDonald's example.

That's a rather interesting misrepresentation of the point: I asked for your play rate only because you included yourself among players who played Nyx to some substantial degree, and thus among the privileged few who got to give feedback on the frame, and I wanted to know if that claim was true. Clearly it wasn't, you lied about your credentials, which is why you're backtracking now. You are the one who framed this discussion around who does or doesn't play Nyx, not me: by your own rationale, you wouldn't be qualified to give feedback on Nyx, but by my own, even players who haven't committed immense amounts of playtime to Nyx such as yourself or me get to give feedback too. Independently of this, I used Nyx's pick rate to point out that the frame is highly unpopular, which is a fact. Combined with the large amounts of criticism she receives, it is therefore clear that her unpopularity stems from problems with her kit, rather than a niche playstyle.

No one cares about your personal popularity contest. Your game has grown and attracted different players. Some players don't like to follow the path of least resistance. Some people don't want to press 4 and spin a joystick around to beat stuff. Sometimes the "base" can be wrong.....or simply not know what they're talking about, hence why they wait for someone to tell them how to play the game. Some people can play the game fine alone or without having to be told stuff step by step. 

You're absolutely right, the game has indeed grown and attracted different players... which is why the game ought to satisfy the plurality of them when healthy, rather than just an entitled few who seem to believe only they get to determine who gives feedback and who doesn't. Sometimes the playerbase can be wrong, but it is also equally, if not more likely that when your opinion is not only heavily minoritary, but also contradicted by statistical evidence, in addition to being wholly unsupported by personal experience and propped up by false credentials, you might be the one in the wrong.

It's too late to play the "tyranny of the majority" card. It would have worked in the 1950s but people are slightly more open minded now. Following what large groups of playerbases think is sometimes just a silly thing to do. 

But I'm not playing that card either, as I'm not arguing Nyx should be turned into something completely different to suit the lowest common denominator. You are right that a game's developers shouldn't just blindly follow the majority opinion on everything, but they certainly shouldn't deliberately spite them either, and in-between they can for sure take feedback from players and decide for themselves what to change. Fortunately for Nyx, this is something DE have already been doing, given that they already tried reworking her once and cited her low play rate as a reason. The fact that the rework improved her, but not by enough, is a clear indicator that they need to go at her again, and with more care this time.

The playerbase didn't want the Bramma adjusted or the Helminth roar adjusted either, but rational heads prevailed. 

But the playerbase does want Nyx to be improved, and DE has agreed to that already. The problem with your mentality here, and across many of your other posts, is that you've taken the valid premise of not blindly following the playerbase's opinion to the ridiculous extreme of always wanting the opposite of what the majority of players want. Blind contrarianism may seem cool for a whole thirty seconds, but in the end is just as vapid and shallow a design philosophy as the "tyranny of the majority". I could agree with you if you were to say that one should come to one's own conclusions first, but then that's what many people here have did through a process of analysis, whereas your only argument has been to claim that you're one of the few who knows what they're talking about because you play Nyx... even though you don't. Your entire argumentation on this thread has been a sham, and nothing you've said has really enriched discussion of Nyx's current or prospective design either, as you've been mostly focused on attacking others.

Edited by Teridax68
  • Like 1

Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Mind showing me the build? I'm curious how you've setup 

If this thread is still open when I can use my pc I'll do it, I don't have the app and I don't have memory available :(

Just now, Berzerkules said:

Muzzle Flash augment on that build. You'd be stacking 3 different cc (blind, disarm and chaos). It's ez mode endurance Nyx.

Gotta try it out!

19 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

If this thread is still open when I can use my pc I'll do it, I don't have the app and I don't have memory available :(

Gotta try it out!

No worries. I'm always interested to see new builds people have come up with.