Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Command Rank 10

vor 16 Stunden schrieb (PSN)Lollybomb:

Wait, AI gunners can't shoot at radiators?  That's like one of the things I really wanted them to do.

that's actually the only thing I can use.
at the moment i do everything myrself. There are more than enough complaints about gunnery lvl 10 pointless aimbot.
and when it comes to solo, i want to be able to play the mission in one piece without pointless teleporting and restarting from the beginning ...

12 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

I did the Veil solo before DE turned it into easy mode because of complaining players it was too hard, the rest apart from the gunners not shooting radiators (which I think they should) I'm not fussed about, you solo for so long you don't even notice them because you already have a system from playing solo so long.

Not forging isn't a real problem the ai doesn't seem to use any revo, and dome charges I can get lucky and shoot off three missile volleys at crewships before they start being depleted by using Artillery Cheap Shot.

Though the one good thing is the ai will fix an electrical fault, where in the past you could repair it yourself from the pilots seat, DE changed a few things so now if you get an electrical fault it disables R10 Engineer from working.

Railjack is not about the fear of failing the mission but the fear of a good haul lost by being beaten by a little space bug. :angry:

Yeah, I have no idea what solo was like before 3.0.  I only ever joined others during weeks Nightwave had missions for it, and generally ended up as the Engineer/Boarding Party repeller/fixer.  I generally enjoyed that.

For 3.0 solo, having done it, what I would have liked was my AI crew to be more competent (use the forge, forward artillery, shoot radiators, etc) but the nodes themselves to be harder (fighters/crewships don't stop spawning, etc).  The skirmishes, for me, are fun until all the fighters and crewships are dead, and then it's a lot of in and out of the pilot seat, which makes the end of any mission feel tedious.  With people as your crew, this isn't a problem (but people tend to not repair things, where the AI does).  But solo missions, for me, start out fun and end up an in-and-out slog.

I don't know what the Corpus missions are like solo, really.  I did a few exterminates for the drops on Venus and they seemed easy, but my Corpus Veil missions were done in random groups, and I really have no desire to play any of the Corpus missions again (defense, orphix, etc).  Not what I want out of a Railjack experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh hey, since this topic has come back to the surface, I figure I should post something I noticed since it was an issue I had with crewmembers.

Turns out they can shoot at exposed radiators.
They're just awful at it.

Oftentimes what I've noticed happen (using the tactical ability that lets you observe squadmates) is when a radiator is exposed, the pilot bugs out and stops flying until you exit the base.  At this point they wake up and start flying around.  Given enough time, they can get into a position where the gunner can take out the radiator.  There's no coordination though.  It's mostly luck that gets them in the right position.

Probably going to let us recruit famous NPCs who:

- Attack Objectives (Radiators)

- Can be dispatched to: POI, Enemy Crewships

- Can use the Slingshot & Forward Artillery

List of extremely expensive NPCs:

Clem, Darvo, Maroo, Konzu, Little Duck, Baro, Latrox Un, Paladino, etc.

Unlocking them will probably be some sort of weekly slot machine for added tediousness.

They need to rework command. A few nodes are just bad.

1st thing they need to fix is the revive mechanic it’s bad. Take it off the crew take it off pets. Have it be a player to player thing.

Then turn 1 level of command into your crew revives after 180 seconds of ding.

after because we don’t want to remove these customized crew with lich only crew and also because we have 10+ lich by now.

When your crew member is killed replace it with a lich. replace this with the make lich crew. 

Next remove the S#&$ Spector. It’s useless. Thanks

replace this useless skill with away team. Basically your crew works like they do in Railjack. When your not at a full party of 4 people a crew takes the slot.

Make them not the AI of spectors make them like a revived corpus crew from Nekros ult. When they walk out of affinity range the Railjack tp to you.

10 can be something for your mech to make it able to be run by AI.

100000000 times better then the skills they put in to command.

On 2021-04-08 at 8:48 PM, General_Durandal said:

~

What will it be?....

....Like, Crew shooting exposed radiators.
(so you don't have to exit the building, shoot it, enter then building, open the next radiator, exit, shoot ect)

YES please please do this or maybe just implement this as a default ai ability.  So annoying having to solo these missions.

Le 09/04/2021 à 03:48, General_Durandal a dit :

~

What will it be?

I hope it's not just another skill point.

Maybe makes all your crewmates have 1 extra rank in everything?

Or, maybe you can remove three of their starting points and reassign them to what you want?
(I want this)

Perhaps, extra Crew slots for Solo play?
4 extra crew slots for solo play,
so you can have a full team.
1 Pilot, 2 Gunners, 2 Engineer, 2 Defenders.

Maybe let you use your Specters as Crewmates?
(how would that work? dum idea)

~

Whatever it is, the new Railjack setup is pretty cool,
but can be slightly annoying.
Some AI improvements would be nice.
Like, Crew shooting exposed radiators.
(so you don't have to exit the building, shoot it, enter then building, open the next radiator, exit, shoot ect)
Being able to revive each other.
(so you don't have to stop whatever you are doing to revive your Engineer, or whoever gets downed)
(so far only mu Engineer has gone down, 5 Repair, 3 Endurance)

~

I speculated about the "1 extra rank in everything" with a friend of mine, since that was my first guess as well. 
He pointed out, that it makes little sense, that that wouldn`t already be in the game. 
It most likely is something, not yet integrated, or we would likely already have it. 
With that in mind, the most likely thing would be the option to use captured Queenpins as crew members.
I am not completely sold in that idea, since I don`t really see why Queenpins and Liches should be treated separately, unless Queenpins are vastly more powerful to excuse their use in Rank 10. 
In my mind, adding the Queenpins to the Lich-Rank would be better, but then, I am at a loss, what new feature they would integrate for Rank 10. 
If it is something they could already do and just add to it later (For example: You can use up to 3 Liches [and/or Queenpins] as crewmembers and call up to 3 crew members on missions. Or something like adding ranks to all members or making them not expire or making them revive once a mission.), why is it not yet in the game?
If it is something new, what else could it be, but Queenpins? 
Adding Queenpins might still be the most likely guess at this point, but maybe with another addition? 
Like as a fourth crew member, instead of one of the usual three? 

4 hours ago, (PSN)Thealteregoroman said:

I feel like rank 10 is going to be 4th crew member.

I really hope not, that would be a waste of Intrinsics, I have all of them max'd just waiting on Command R10, my crew don't do too much now, 2 engineers and 1 gunner, all you need.

I don't bother with a Lich anymore, they're a BIG disappointment on Railjack just stomping around moaning and groaning doing the one thing my other 3 crew can do.

8 hours ago, Kontrollo said:

Here's another idea:

Rank 10 will let them bring their own pets, because clearly that's a major disadvantage compared to having other players on board. 😅

Dude, if they can have MOAs or Pets and have the Link Mods be effected by the AI crew stats, at least in terms of HP, they will be tankier than ours.

Specially if something like Adarza buff can effect them.

12 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Dude, if they can have MOAs or Pets and have the Link Mods be effected by the AI crew stats, at least in terms of HP, they will be tankier than ours.

Specially if something like Adarza buff can effect them.

Spoiler

UcdWdS7.jpg

I... I have no objections!

Honestly instead of the calling a lich in thing, I'd rather the rank 10 skill remove the duration limit from summoning my bad ass custom crew mate. Free specter. And then when they actually die it goes to a 10 minute cooldown. 

Plus it adds a lot more utility to the solo experience that way. 

On 2021-05-02 at 4:32 PM, Balegrim said:

Honestly instead of the calling a lich in thing, I'd rather the rank 10 skill remove the duration limit from summoning my bad ass custom crew mate. Free specter. And then when they actually die it goes to a 10 minute cooldown. 

Plus it adds a lot more utility to the solo experience that way. 

Gimmie.

• 4 weeks later...

This thread is hilarious to look back on now, with all the great suggestions, where they could or should have gone with it.

Nope, just some notepad stats on to your crew. An extra 15% of the same!!!1

And we only waited 10 months or whatever for it

Archived