Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Introducing the Predator Series

Djolltax

Throughout the years, as prime weapons have been limited to Tenno-only weapons, we have received our own variants of more powerful faction weapons - Ignis Wraith, Opticor Vandal, Supra Vandal, Strun Wraith and many more.

The increase in power has allowed those weapons to continue being useful despite the powercreep that new weapons and new primes can cause, which in turn allows greater diversity of gameplay and, dare I say it, a modicum of choice when it comes to weaponry.

This all changes, however, when you look at the Infested weapons.

There are currently 29 Infested weapons players can choose to fight with in the game - a substantial and significant number to be sure, and yet barely any are seen outside the newer ones built to contend with the power creep - Bubonico, Catabolyst etc.

This is far too much wasted potential - Infested weaponry is some of the most unique and fun to play weaponry that currently exists in Warframe. So, in solution to this problem, may I present to you: The Predator Series.

Similar to the Grineer Wraith and the Corpus Vandal series, the Infested Predator series takes older, less used weaponry and revamps it into mid-tier at worst, top-tier at best choices for armaments.

Complete with a unified base colour scheme of dark greys and sickly greens, this series aims to expand the players choice in the supposed "end-game" mission types such as Steel Path. Weapons I would suggest for the Predator series include, but are not limited to:

• Cerata Predator, with an increased base damage and critical chance
  • Dual Ichor Predator, with an increased status chance
  • Dual Toxocyst Predator, with a large increase in critical chance and a decrease in recoil, but a small decrease in base damage (Opticor Vandal style)
  • Hirudo Predator, with an increased status chance
  • Phage Predator, with a large increase in base damage and a small increase in fire rate
  • Scoliac Predator, with an increased critical chance and multiplier at the cost of a small decrease in base damage
  • Tysis Predator - way more crit. Like, WAY more crit. This thing is tied with the status chance of a Kuva Nukor but doesn't have the constant procs of it, so it needs something better. I would also recommend a faster fire rate and potentially more base damage.

Naturally, more entries would come as more weapons are released, and subject to DE's scaling, some weapons would become fantastic end-game options, while others would be forgotten about (looking at you, Prova Vandal).

Let me know what you all think of this idea. Naturally, I'm not the best at scaling weapons, so if you have alternative stats to any of my suggested weapons, or have an entirely new one to add to the collection, go ahead and drop it in the comments below.

#StopTentacleGunOppression

Just now, Rage_Inducer said:

Only if we also get a Mutalist Quanta Predator and a Paracyst Predator.

I tried to limit the suggested weapons to "natural" infested weapons, but I guess mutalist weapons would work too. Got any ideas for stats?

I've always wanted upgraded variants of infested weapons, and even made a post about it several years ago.
The Mire is also super outdated, with only it's augment and innate toxin bonus keeping it relevant as a stat-stick for a few abilities.

a unified base colour scheme of dark greys and sickly greens

Reminds me of the Juggernaut Behemoth. Weapons looking like that would be pretty cool.

4 minutes ago, Djolltax said:

I tried to limit the suggested weapons to "natural" infested weapons, but I guess mutalist weapons would work too. Got any ideas for stats?

I agree with keeping it for fully infested weapons (otherwise do you keep the base the same, or vandal/wraith/prime it? If you prime it, that means a model swap). Paracyst would still be eligible though.

Archived