Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get the option to defer Daily Reward Boosters to next log-in?

3mptylord

Sort of like discounts, can we get the options to "Claim and use" OR "Claim and use next session". I can't be the only one who stays up passed midnight, but doesn't plan on staying up for 11 hours after midnight (or however long the short boost lasts). 

After I started writing the thread, I was informed that the server restart happens at 00:00 GMT+0 internationally. Well, the ruins my example - but that means how useless short duration boosters are increases/decreases based on proximity to the GMT+0, so some of you may have never experienced an issue and some of you might even have it worse than me.

I guess the alternative would be to have the option to change the Daily Reward time (I'd probably set mine to 7am, which seems to be normal for games with a dedicated EU server).

Agreed. The usual retort to this tends to be along the lines of "Just don't play around daily reset!" which doesn't work for those of us who play at night. When I play Warframe, 2 AM EET (midnight GMT) falls right in the middle of my play session. Delaying this to next login with no deferral would be a decent compromise, I think. Can't count how many login rewards I've seen for an hour or so before sleeping through 8 hours of them.

On 2021-04-09 at 11:11 PM, Steel_Rook said:

Agreed. The usual retort to this tends to be along the lines of "Just don't play around daily reset!" which doesn't work for those of us who play at night. When I play Warframe, 2 AM EET (midnight GMT) falls right in the middle of my play session. Delaying this to next login with no deferral would be a decent compromise, I think. Can't count how many login rewards I've seen for an hour or so before sleeping through 8 hours of them.

I imagine most of those people are Americans and the reset happens at ~4-5pm for them. This means people who are at home all day can fully utilizes two daily resets in one day, and people who work get to come home to a fresh reset. 

Whereas I'm someone who works evenings/nights and so maintains that sleep schedule all the time - resetting at midnight (my time) means I just miss out on daily rewards. 

By the way

You didn't bother to research your question, did you?

Look at the date of the one I qouted here above. If they didn't do it in 2015 why do you think they would do it now?

For your information : The formula used = Rounded(3 × [1 + Day/100]) hours
In other words, it's not even dependent on MR level but solely on how long (how many daily log-ins) you have been playing the game. When I get a booster at log in it lasts me for 33 hours because I have over 1.000 day log ins = ((1000/100)+1)x3= 33. Or to put it differently, once you're past the 700 mark you'll get boosters that are 24 hours. Will you then be grumbling that it's not fair because you can't be expected to play for 24 hours straight? Never forget, it's a gift, it's free, nobody is obliged to do that let alone owes you something.

The rules discourage resurrecting old threads. I can boost interest in that thread instead, if you prefer. 

"They" never responded to the issue last time. I don't expect them to see every piece of feedback scattered over the internet. 

Design philosophy can change in 6 years - 6 years ago they would have never added an on-screen indicator for grenades, and they admitted that in the developer's blog.

Why is it unreasonable to ask for an accessibility accommodation? It doesn't hurt anyone to ask, and the request also wouldn't hurt anyone if was implemented.

And while the reason you provided all that extra information was just to signal how superior you are, I'm going to answer your question in good faith: no, I wouldn't complain once the duration is sufficient that I will actually be able to use it. The fact that there's excess duration wouldn't be an issue, for me. The same way the boosters I buy also have a lot of wasted duration. Would it be awesome if the durations were gametime? Sure, but I already factor wastage when I choose to support the company by buying them. However, I also suspect that by the time I've clocked 700 days I won't even need boosters - because I'm currently at ~250 days and I'm already at ~70% completion. And no, I won't complain that I'm receiving stuff I don't need because 'need' isn't the issue I have. I have an issue accessing a feature.

On 2021-04-18 at 2:43 PM, (PSN)kite9000 said:

Never forget, it's a gift, it's free, nobody is obliged to do that let alone owes you something.

Except it's not a gift. It's a way to intice players to log in to the game and ivest time and money in to the product. 

Back to topic. I would love it if boosters were active only when actually logged on to the game and froze when offline. However, I'm sure that will never happen.

5 hours ago, (PSN)lydon123 said:

Back to topic. I would love it if boosters were active only when actually logged on to the game and froze when offline. However, I'm sure that will never happen.

As much as I would love that in principle - it's definitely beyond the scope of this thread. My issue is just the accessibility of the feature - not the feature itself. I fear that going too deep into discussions about how the feature itself functions would just distract from the point, and bad-agents will likely quote our wishful thinking as the secret agenda. 

However, with it clarified that we're not discussing the main topic: some games do offer both. For example, in another game I play you can buy an XP booster for 10 wins (game time) or for 3 days (real time, but also includes losses), and so it's up to you if you think you will play enough in 3 days to get more value than 10 wins. Comparing the prices of mods, Warframe parts and boosters - the value of items in Warframe seems fair to me, even factoring wastage. Sure, it feels bad when you're actually wasting it - but buying "30 days of game time" would be a lot more expensive, and the up-front cost would likely look off-putting. Being consumable/people wanting to buy them continuously also stimulates the economy - people wouldn't need to sell mods to buy boosters if one "30 days of game time" lasted them a year of casual play. 

Thanks for the response. :)

Archived