Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Community Stream Schedule: April 12 - 16

[DE]Helen

Nice drop.

I'm not sure about this new policy, the old one had its drawbacks and this one has its advantages, but whatever irritation the old drops caused, people at least knew what they were signing up for at the start. No "rare"  items like the last week, and maybe some kind of anti-duplicate feature (not 100% bad luck-proof but something more int the nature of "consolation prize," like, IDK a free forma for 3+ duplicates, something like that.) could make it feel less like "surprise mechanic."

1 hour ago, [DE]Helen said:

I’d like to clarify that we recently decided to set up Drops 2.0 as either a Grab Bag or the same item all week. The main reason for that is not everyone can tune in to every stream. Be it because of time zones, school or work, Tenno have varied lives! This also allows us to make one campaign for the whole week, allowing the Drop progress to carry over each stream for those that didn’t hit the requirement before a previous stream ended.

<snip>

This is a perfectly reasonable explanation for how things work now and it does make sense to me. :3 Thank you very much.

Some frustration may still ensue with mixed drop bags, but I do understand that the goal is to just give everyone a chance at something. Not to hand out free candy en masse.

I suppose it is easy to get caught up in the idea of "oh, there's a freebie; I must have it!" However, so long as unique, one-time item drops are not restricted to RNG, my collector's instincts can work with not getting every free copy of something I might obtain otherwise. X3

(Trading for Peculiar Bloom after failing to catch it via drop this week was my best decision ever. You have not lived until you see a large flower sticking out of a Teralyst's rear. <3)

People wasn't mad about the drops itself, is the RGN factor that was bothering people, actually I really want to know the % of people that actually got the color palette, at least for some transparency, that being said, I do like the drop of this week, even when I don't need them is a good item.

btw I don't know about about the other cities but pretty sure in the schedule the time zone in Santiago/Chile is wrong, because for example it says, Monday 2pm  but last monday the stream was at 1pm in Chile, would be nice if the person could check it

2 hours ago, YikersDikers said:

The devstream will most likely be on the 30th, and anything after that is May, which isn't their release window. But let's hope they actually follow through with something finally.

I kinda hope it isn't, cause I'd be working 

5 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

Watch at twitch.tv/warframe for 30 minutes to receive this week’s Twitch Drop!

This week, all live streams offer a Rush Repair Drone

• Please keep in mind that each account has a limit of 5 drops overall per week

Reminder: Twitch Drops 2.0 has arrived! Make sure to unlink and relink your Twitch and Warframe accounts if you haven't done so since February 16. See Megan’s post for details! 👇

That's pretty cool.
Thanks.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Insert_Carrot said:

Free rush repair drones? The drops might be too good this week, guys. I can't speak for everybody, but I know I don't deserve such generosity. Could you make the drops less good next week? Otherwise I might have trouble sleeping, from guilt. Seriously though, thanks for all the free stuff. I'd still show up even if drops weren't a thing (sorry about that).

Dumb question, where do yall see the drops

38 minutes ago, YaeshaRhom said:

Dumb question, where do yall see the drops

Not sure what you mean, mate. If you're asking how do we see what the drops are going to be, it's explained in DE Helen's initial post. If you're asking where to see drops on twitch, go to twitch.tv/drops. Hopefully one of those answers your question.

4 hours ago, Thawfoot said:

Free items are no strings attached.... while you do give these out they aren't free

they require you to tune in  watch for 30 mins and claim your reward

while the bar isn't a high one they aren't free

While i do appreciate your drops campaign...

they do require a time investment

You can just set up a tab of warframes twitch and let it play with no sound while you do something else, you can even be completely afk, hardly the 30m time investment youre making it out to be, just takes a couple minutes at most.

I think grab bags can be great!

They're a good idea to me when they only drop things we can get at any time through other means in game (assuming we can reasonably afford whatever cost it has). This means no fear of missing out due to RNG.

Items we can farm any time in game but with too low of a drop rate are essentially going beyond "reasonably afford" due to the potential time cost. Similarly, something that normally costs 500 platinum would also be what I consider not reasonably affordable for most players (not that I think DE would ever put such an item in a grab bag). 50 plat decorations that are always available for purchase? Totally fine by me.

11 hours ago, (PSN)Councillor_S-MA said:

hmmm why do I think that Update 30 will go live after devstream?

10 hours ago, YikersDikers said:

The devstream will most likely be on the 30th, and anything after that is May, which isn't their release window. But let's hope they actually follow through with something finally.

Well, that's hurtful. No April released this year,huh. :(

12 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

I’d like to clarify that we recently decided to set up Drops 2.0 as either a Grab Bag or the same item all week. The main reason for that is not everyone can tune in to every stream. Be it because of time zones, school or work, Tenno have varied lives! This also allows us to make one campaign for the whole week, allowing the Drop progress to carry over each stream for those that didn’t hit the requirement before a previous stream ended.

Drops are a free gift to show a bit of extra love while you hang out with us on stream. We would never want them to overshadow what Tenno earn while playing Warframe, and we certainly don’t want our Drops schedule to interfere with a Tenno’s life schedule. Tenno are always welcome to tune into our casual streams and hang out with the community. We love that time with you, but please know there’s never any pressure.

If the current week’s Drops aren’t your thing, that’s okay! With the above in mind, we know Drops won’t please everyone.

Hi, Helen ☺️

I'm probably over myself right now, but you actually addressed one of the thing i mentioned on last week's post. you say that your main intention is not for us to watch every stream, but so that we can watch the streams when we can. I respect that a lot, so thank you.

By the way, If i may offer a little insight from viewer's point of view... if flexibility is the main intention, shouldn't it be a good reason to make rush repair drones streams as grab bag instead? that way players can pick and choose when they want to get their rush repair drones.

again, the main reason why grab bag divided the community so greatly is because it stands as an rng wall for viewers to get the items that they actually want. Failing to obtain items whether in a free stream, or on the free game which is warframe itself rarely feel good. So it's never about time. you know we'll stay up till 3am just to watch you ❤️ if anything, we love the time flexibility.

============

If DE has agreed on keeping grab bag as is / not adding new systems like duplicate protection or anything, then we as players can only accept that decision...

My last ditch suggestion would be to offer fewer selection of items when you guys do grab bags. I understand that twitch limits the maximum attempt to 5, so there's nothing you guys can do about it. But if you only offer like probably 3 items, then at the very least we'll have better chances to get the desired items.

The fewer the items, the better. when we only have 1 item like now, it would be the best, cuz everybody gets rush repair drones, nobody are screwed by rng.

============

I know I'm fussing so much about some dam free items it's ridiculous. But please understand it's not about me or anyone getting some stupid free items, it's about having as much people to leave the streams happy, not bummed.

unless there are other reasons, i can't see why insist on making people sad when you can make them happy instead. reducing items selection is free and simple.

Cheers

13 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

Drops are a free gift to show a bit of extra love while you hang out with us on stream. We would never want them to overshadow what Tenno earn while playing Warframe

I would suggest that you already did that with Devstream 152, whereby an Umbra Forma blueprint could be obtained.

20 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

Drops are a free gift to show a bit of extra love while you hang out with us on stream.

That's exactly what I said but haters assume DE are forced to give. 

GrabBags all the way don't ever change that lol

I don't believe people will leave their months or even years of progress just because they didn't get a specific item from twitch, that'll just be "Sad".

The reason why newbies are taking over is because some sad tennos think just because they reached a curtain Rank now DE owes them something. Most of what they give are easily bought in-game, or ya'll broke? Then where are those who constantly brag about how much they got in-game... Pity

22 hours ago, (NSW)Formez said:

I'm sure they did. The past 2 weeks they have been getting bashed on the forums and have gotten less views on streams. 

And that just proves that most people "watch" or more like just show up, to get free stuff. Those same people are the type of person that would sell their vote for money, same concept. They did not listen to crying people that watch the stream just for free stuff and then complain it's RnG and they didn't get what they wanted. Choosing Beggars at their finest is what those people are. It Is Free dude, you and no one has a say what the Free stuff is going to be.

For people *@##&#036;ing, how is 4 decorations worth 170 platinum worse than items that you need 5 to reach worth of 100? You get what you get, how useful it is, or how much you like or dislike it is up to You and you own level of pretentiousness. Choosing Beggars SMH my head my head.

10 hours ago, Soy77 said:

Hi, Helen ☺️

I'm probably over myself right now, but you actually addressed one of the thing i mentioned on last week's post. you say that your main intention is not for us to watch every stream, but so that we can watch the streams when we can. I respect that a lot, so thank you.

By the way, If i may offer a little insight from viewer's point of view... if flexibility is the main intention, shouldn't it be a good reason to make rush repair drones streams as grab bag instead? that way players can pick and choose when they want to get their rush repair drones.

again, the main reason why grab bag divided the community so greatly is because it stands as an rng wall for viewers to get the items that they actually want. Failing to obtain items whether in a free stream, or on the free game which is warframe itself rarely feel good. So it's never about time. you know we'll stay up till 3am just to watch you ❤️ if anything, we love the time flexibility.

============

If DE has agreed on keeping grab bag as is / not adding new systems like duplicate protection or anything, then we as players can only accept that decision...

My last ditch suggestion would be to offer fewer selection of items when you guys do grab bags. I understand that twitch limits the maximum attempt to 5, so there's nothing you guys can do about it. But if you only offer like probably 3 items, then at the very least we'll have better chances to get the desired items.

The fewer the items, the better. when we only have 1 item like now, it would be the best, cuz everybody gets rush repair drones, nobody are screwed by rng.

============

I know I'm fussing so much about some dam free items it's ridiculous. But please understand it's not about me or anyone getting some stupid free items, it's about having as much people to leave the streams happy, not bummed.

unless there are other reasons, i can't see why insist on making people sad when you can make them happy instead. reducing items selection is free and simple.

Cheers

Yes, you are over your head mate. If you leave the stream "bummed" because "YoU dIdN't GeT wHaT yOu WaNtEd" then you watched the stream only for free stuff and nothing else. Those Free Stuff are a generous gift for the people that watch, they should NOT be the reason you watch. Don't go all hearthy and pretend those people watch because either the person streaming or the content provided. It is endlessly clear that everyone whining about the drops watches FOR the drops and nothing else. Otherwise yall wouldn't care what you got, you watched your favorite member of the team and enjoyed it.

If your satisfaction of the stream is determined by the Free Reward then you did not care about the stream but the reward only. In any other case it wouldn't matter. Hope I was clear enough.

As a last nitpick that is not related to the issue at hand, but since I'm already fired up why not call out people on BS ya know. You say "you actually addressed one of the thing i mentioned on last week's post" , really? I can make a post noting all of the reasonable things to do and say, that doesn't mean that if something DE staff writes that resembles what I wrote, or can be interpreted as an answer IS. By exhausting the possibilities you can fool only yourself, and a bunch of other blind people. Don't give yourself credit for something that someone else did as a part of their job. That is why I started by saying you ARE over your head. Have a good one mate! ;)

Archived