Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wow even with the meager riven dispo bump, the Trumna still sucks

parttimeparty

25 minutes ago, parttimeparty said:

practically unusable

You can spend 1000 plat on a Riven, if you don't know what you're doing you still won't do well. Feel free to look up the Wiki, or explain what you are doing to have your mistakes pointed out to you.

33 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

You can spend 1000 plat on a Riven, if you don't know what you're doing you still won't do well. Feel free to look up the Wiki, or explain what you are doing to have your mistakes pointed out to you.

I rolled it myself, thats why it was so depressing to see such a meager bump,

I have 3468.4 in game hours--I should know a thing or two about the game by now.

1 hour ago, parttimeparty said:

I rolled it myself, thats why it was so depressing to see such a meager bump,

I have 3468.4 in game hours--I should know a thing or two about the game by now.

Trumnas appeal is it’s Alt fire. It’s primary fire is pretty mediocre but gets the job done.

And you’re right. Someone with 3000+ hours should know this.

6 hours ago, parttimeparty said:

Its disappointing because you can tell so much time and creative energy were put into some of these weapons like the Trumna that are now practically unusable.

I have a "god roll" riven for it too btw.

Makes no difference.

Primaries are just not good.

Your build is simply bad

The gimmick alt-fires are obnoxious as hell and I consider them to be unusable by default, because they're not reliable.    Especially if it has a mediocre primary fire, having to actually get kills first to eventually use the alt fire is a slog and a half.

They need to have normal cooldowns, and kills reduce the cooldown by a second or more depending on the balance. 

13 hours ago, Kingsmount said:

The gimmick alt-fires are obnoxious as hell and I consider them to be unusable by default, because they're not reliable.    Especially if it has a mediocre primary fire, having to actually get kills first to eventually use the alt fire is a slog and a half.

And how are getting kills with it a "slog and a half"?
Even in survival steel path or high level railjack missions the Trumna can kill plenty of enemies fast enough that its never that long before you can use its alt-fire and delete a room of enemies (and if you aim it right more than one room).

I would put the primary fire of the Trumna quite a bit above "mediocre" in terms of what it can kill and how quickly.
Hek it can take down steel path noxes, steel path Ambulas, and accolytes without much trouble...and those are some of the tankiest enemies in the game.

How did you mod your Trumna, because that could be the entire issue....

13 hours ago, Kingsmount said:

They need to have normal cooldowns, and kills reduce the cooldown by a second or more depending on the balance. 

Also, unless the CD is obnoxiously long this would, for most players, just turn the trumna into a "Use your secondary for X seconds, switch to trumna, delete room, use your secondary for X seconds and repeat"...that would be far worse and more obnoxious.
Especially since the kill requirement for the alt-fire is quite low at only 5 kills needed...but at least that has the requirement that you use the weapon, and if its correctly modded (no riven required) those 5 kills go rather quickly.

15 hours ago, Kingsmount said:

The Trumna doesn't have a "mediocre" primary fire. It's one of the game's best LMGs. It fires slowly, yes, but it hits like a train and you can improve its rate of fire. Hell, I have Vile Acceleration on mine - same as what I have on my Opticor and for pretty much the same reason. The Trumna hits for ~130 damage per shot base with both good Crit and good Status, and it does 50 of that across a 1.6 meter AoE. Means it penetrates Grineer handheld shields and cover, plus it does surprisingly good AoE. I hardly use the Alt Fire and the Truman still does just fine for me.

Again - I don't see the issue.

10 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

Also, unless the CD is obnoxiously long this would, for most players, just turn the trumna into a "Use your secondary for X seconds, switch to trumna, delete room, use your secondary for X seconds and repeat"...that would be far worse and more obnoxious.
Especially since the kill requirement for the alt-fire is quite low at only 5 kills needed...but at least that has the requirement that you use the weapon, and if its correctly modded (no riven required) those 5 kills go rather quickly.

Heaven forbid a new weapon be good and simply compete with melee or a few abilities.  And that "quite low" kill requirement forces you to be dependent on spawns and kills,  meaning it has diminishing usefulness the higher level you go or steel path. 

On 2021-04-12 at 2:30 AM, Kingsmount said:

The gimmick alt-fires are obnoxious as hell and I consider them to be unusable by default, because they're not reliable.

My issue with them is that they're a spike of overkill damage in a game where that doesn't fit.

If I can kill things with my primary fire, I don't need the altfire.
If I can't kill things with my primary fire, I can't use the altfire. 

12 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

just turn the trumna into a "Use your secondary for X seconds, switch to trumna, delete room, use your secondary for X seconds and repeat"

Not arguing for or against, just saying: It should be possible to implement that without this being an issue:
Reuse the syndicate procs - their buffs don't cool down unless the weapon's equipped.

3 hours ago, Chroia said:

If I can't kill things with my primary fire, I can't use the altfire. 

I'm not grasping the first part.  It sounds awfully like, "Because I can kill  small numbers of enemies at a time with the primary, killing or affecting large numbers of enemies at a time is useless to me."  

??

11 hours ago, Chroia said:

Err... This doesn't follow. The Alt Fire is a large-scale bouncing AoE. It kills substantially faster and across a much larger area relative to the primary fire. That's a bit like saying "If I have a fork, I don't need a spoon!" Different tools for different jobs.

I'm willing to bet that your Trumna is doing worse than an unrivened Trumna because... *drum rolls* you're wasting an entire slot into a useless riven with several mediocre stats instead of boosting a single or two useful stats in a meaningful way by using a regular mod.

That's the whole point of the disposition system...

Well, that... And the lack of use of the alt fire. Since that's the real kicker about Trumna.

Archived