Jump to content

Wow even with the meager riven dispo bump, the Trumna still sucks


parttimeparty
 Share

Recommended Posts

Its disappointing because you can tell so much time and creative energy were put into some of these weapons like the Trumna that are now practically unusable.

I have a "god roll" riven for it too btw.

Makes no difference.

Primaries are just not good.

Edited by parttimeparty
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • parttimeparty changed the title to Wow even with the meager riven dispo bump, the Trumna still sucks
25 minutes ago, parttimeparty said:

practically unusable

You can spend 1000 plat on a Riven, if you don't know what you're doing you still won't do well. Feel free to look up the Wiki, or explain what you are doing to have your mistakes pointed out to you.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

You can spend 1000 plat on a Riven, if you don't know what you're doing you still won't do well. Feel free to look up the Wiki, or explain what you are doing to have your mistakes pointed out to you.

I rolled it myself, thats why it was so depressing to see such a meager bump,

I have 3468.4 in game hours--I should know a thing or two about the game by now.

Edited by parttimeparty
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, parttimeparty said:

I rolled it myself, thats why it was so depressing to see such a meager bump,

I have 3468.4 in game hours--I should know a thing or two about the game by now.

Trumnas appeal is it’s Alt fire. It’s primary fire is pretty mediocre but gets the job done.

And you’re right. Someone with 3000+ hours should know this.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, parttimeparty said:

I have a "god roll" riven for it too btw.

Since when does a weapon like the Trumna ever need a Riven to function?

The Trumna is capable of taking on the Steel Path; how are you building the weapon?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, parttimeparty said:

Its disappointing because you can tell so much time and creative energy were put into some of these weapons like the Trumna that are now practically unusable.

I have a "god roll" riven for it too btw.

Makes no difference.

Primaries are just not good.

Your build is simply bad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, parttimeparty said:

I have 3468.4 in game hours--I should know a thing or two about the game by now.

Evidently not. Learning isn't a thing that happens on it's own over time, it is someting you do.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would take a look at the build, and what the Riven is. Trumna performs just fine with the standard Damage/Multishot/Critical mods, Viral + Hunter Munitions, and a Primed Faction mod.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm just going to end up echoing what everyone else is saying here with this, but the Trumna is one of the best guns in the game, so it sounds like a build issue to me.

Edited by Ceryk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The gimmick alt-fires are obnoxious as hell and I consider them to be unusable by default, because they're not reliable.    Especially if it has a mediocre primary fire, having to actually get kills first to eventually use the alt fire is a slog and a half.

They need to have normal cooldowns, and kills reduce the cooldown by a second or more depending on the balance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Kingsmount said:

The gimmick alt-fires are obnoxious as hell and I consider them to be unusable by default, because they're not reliable.    Especially if it has a mediocre primary fire, having to actually get kills first to eventually use the alt fire is a slog and a half.

And how are getting kills with it a "slog and a half"?
Even in survival steel path or high level railjack missions the Trumna can kill plenty of enemies fast enough that its never that long before you can use its alt-fire and delete a room of enemies (and if you aim it right more than one room).

I would put the primary fire of the Trumna quite a bit above "mediocre" in terms of what it can kill and how quickly.
Hek it can take down steel path noxes, steel path Ambulas, and accolytes without much trouble...and those are some of the tankiest enemies in the game.

How did you mod your Trumna, because that could be the entire issue....

13 hours ago, Kingsmount said:

They need to have normal cooldowns, and kills reduce the cooldown by a second or more depending on the balance. 

Also, unless the CD is obnoxiously long this would, for most players, just turn the trumna into a "Use your secondary for X seconds, switch to trumna, delete room, use your secondary for X seconds and repeat"...that would be far worse and more obnoxious.
Especially since the kill requirement for the alt-fire is quite low at only 5 kills needed...but at least that has the requirement that you use the weapon, and if its correctly modded (no riven required) those 5 kills go rather quickly.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Kingsmount said:

The gimmick alt-fires are obnoxious as hell and I consider them to be unusable by default, because they're not reliable.    Especially if it has a mediocre primary fire, having to actually get kills first to eventually use the alt fire is a slog and a half.

The Trumna doesn't have a "mediocre" primary fire. It's one of the game's best LMGs. It fires slowly, yes, but it hits like a train and you can improve its rate of fire. Hell, I have Vile Acceleration on mine - same as what I have on my Opticor and for pretty much the same reason. The Trumna hits for ~130 damage per shot base with both good Crit and good Status, and it does 50 of that across a 1.6 meter AoE. Means it penetrates Grineer handheld shields and cover, plus it does surprisingly good AoE. I hardly use the Alt Fire and the Truman still does just fine for me.

Again - I don't see the issue.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

Also, unless the CD is obnoxiously long this would, for most players, just turn the trumna into a "Use your secondary for X seconds, switch to trumna, delete room, use your secondary for X seconds and repeat"...that would be far worse and more obnoxious.
Especially since the kill requirement for the alt-fire is quite low at only 5 kills needed...but at least that has the requirement that you use the weapon, and if its correctly modded (no riven required) those 5 kills go rather quickly.

Heaven forbid a new weapon be good and simply compete with melee or a few abilities.  And that "quite low" kill requirement forces you to be dependent on spawns and kills,  meaning it has diminishing usefulness the higher level you go or steel path. 

Edited by Kingsmount
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-04-12 at 2:30 AM, Kingsmount said:

The gimmick alt-fires are obnoxious as hell and I consider them to be unusable by default, because they're not reliable.

My issue with them is that they're a spike of overkill damage in a game where that doesn't fit.

If I can kill things with my primary fire, I don't need the altfire.
If I can't kill things with my primary fire, I can't use the altfire. 


 

12 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

just turn the trumna into a "Use your secondary for X seconds, switch to trumna, delete room, use your secondary for X seconds and repeat"

Not arguing for or against, just saying: It should be possible to implement that without this being an issue:
Reuse the syndicate procs - their buffs don't cool down unless the weapon's equipped.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Chroia said:

If I can kill things with my primary fire, I don't need the altfire.
If I can't kill things with my primary fire, I can't use the altfire. 

I'm not grasping the first part.  It sounds awfully like, "Because I can kill  small numbers of enemies at a time with the primary, killing or affecting large numbers of enemies at a time is useless to me."  

??

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Chroia said:

If I can kill things with my primary fire, I don't need the altfire.

Err... This doesn't follow. The Alt Fire is a large-scale bouncing AoE. It kills substantially faster and across a much larger area relative to the primary fire. That's a bit like saying "If I have a fork, I don't need a spoon!" Different tools for different jobs.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm willing to bet that your Trumna is doing worse than an unrivened Trumna because... *drum rolls* you're wasting an entire slot into a useless riven with several mediocre stats instead of boosting a single or two useful stats in a meaningful way by using a regular mod.

That's the whole point of the disposition system...

Well, that... And the lack of use of the alt fire. Since that's the real kicker about Trumna.

Edited by (PSN)Hikuro-93
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...