Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inter-Changeable Gender Frames

-Batman

For the longest time I've wanted too have a Female Ash. Then i got to thinking what if we could change the gender of our frames. A Female version of Excalibur, Loki, Frost, Ash, Rhino, Nekros, Volt, etc. Or a Male version of Mag, Ember, Saryn(Maybe not her...cause shes perfectly good looking as a women), Nyx, Banshee, Nova,etc. 

I understand this would be a odd concept to perform, but I'm sure we could find a way to input it; some ideas.

- Forma your frame, there for being able to change the gender of your frame

- Building a second frame and have it be set to the opposite gender

- Or just under personalizing 

Pros

- Opens new variety to new Helms; could be for separate or both Genders

- Different Idles

- New screenshot looks for mods

- More art ideas

Cons

- Sexist people not wanting the game to change...

Please list Pros and Cons and any more ideas~

Thanks.

Honestly, the female versions would just have breasts and maybe a bigger butt, other then that i see no reason to do this when DE is evening out the male and female frames. 

So am i sexiest? Not one bit, just seems like that should be on the back burner.

otherwise nice idea.

This idea has been suggested multiple times. DE has stated that they are strongly against this and so is most of the community. Only thing that might happen is what PsychedelicSnake said.

The frames are supposed to be there own person with their own personality. Having gender swapping kinda ruins that whole aspect.

They experimented with this in early beta. Nyx's model is actually a female exaclibur with a different helmet. Later decided not to do it.

It's not going to happen because each frame is it's own character. Each frame is unique, rather than a "class" Granted, this gets lost in the whole multiplayer aspect, but that in just about every MMO your "character" is THE savior. etc. 

Edited by HailCreation

This idea has been suggested multiple times. DE has stated that they are strongly against this and so is most of the community. Only thing that might happen is what PsychedelicSnake said.

The frames are supposed to be there own person with their own personality. Having gender swapping kinda ruins that whole aspect.

frames are suits, not person, the tennos inside is the person, or maybe they have some sort of of advanced IA with feelings and all but the yare supposed to be suits

Here's the largest Con and pretty much the reason why this isn't happening anytime soon.

Limited resources available to design, model, and create the opposite male/female frame.

You make the most realistic point here, from a game designers view. Anything is possible with unlimited time and resources. But I'm sure DE would agree that time and resources are always in short supply.

And as far as female versions of male frames (lets face it, no one is asking for male versions of female frames), Magnafury's pic shows that the internet is more than able to pump out versions of anything in existence as a sexy female. Or as a Pony, or some other horrible thing. You'll have to get your fix there.

Edited by MSD3000

And as far as female versions of male frames (lets face it, no one is asking for male versions of female frames), Magnafury's pic shows that the internet is more than able to pump out versions of anything in existence as a sexy female. Or as a Pony, or some other horrible thing. You'll have to get your fix there.

If I am not mistaken, that's the original concept art for Ash, not created by random individuals on the internet. It was shown on a live stream, but I cannot recall which.

Edited by SilentCynic

MagnusFury.

What the hell is a Magna? D:<

While I do like the sexy look of femme fatale Ash, that doesn't mean it's the only thing I'd strive for in a female character.

Hell, when I heard we were getting a berserker female, I was hoping for some muscle, not lean + chicken legs.

v5ok.png

Granted this is just the concept art someone posted on another thread, I'd be nothing short of devastated if it had no  muscle build. I'm not asking for a Rhino with breasts, but come on...

Does that look like something you'd call a Berserker?

It wouldnt' be enough to just have a male version of mag, or a female version of Ash though. They need to *look* the gender. What I mean by that is that female warframes, as of right now, have a "feminine" design to them that wouldn't directly translate to a male body structure. Female Ash looks so good because it was clearly designed around looking female. I would want a similar aesthetic for a male Mag counterpart. 

Not to confuse that with opposition to the idea of a male/female frame for every 'class', but I'd want it done correctly. 

I feel no reason to add gender-swapping to Warframe. The Tenno have no concept of gender or sex. Alad V even tells you that we don't have eyes, which makes you wonder about our "race". 

Gender and Sex are human (Us as the player) concepts. Warframes are just metal suits and the Tenno probably wouldn't or couldn't care less about which suit they hop in, as long as it gets the job done. 

All this talk about changing genders in WF seems silly, because what benefit does this honestly have other than people ogling at their metal suits? 

I actually asked one of the Devs about this at PAX Prime this year, the simple answer is: only if nothing else needs doing. If they did wind up making something like this happen, it would either be as mentioned a different frame with different powers ala Nyx and Excaliber. OR, it would be a customization item with no effect on the stats/powers, and cost platinum to make happen. Frankly, I think this is the way to go. If people want this so badly, let them pay for it. I doubt they'd add a "second" set of powers and frankly the idea that a male/female version of a female/male frame would need different stats/powers is sexist in its own way. Thing is, even if people are willing to shell out platinum for it, it's still a matter of time. Most people would rather the developers be developing the game, not adding vanity items for people who have spare cash to throw at making Ash look sexier in their opinion. A little off topic, but I might throw a shoe at the next person who cries about Berserker being a girl, this is one of the best decisions I've seen the design team make, frankly, the idea of most of the female frames being fragile casters has irritated me, with the only even remotely tanky female (Saryn) being resigned to having a skirt, massive %&#036;#, and a lower than base movement speed. That being said, I wouldn't be against them making a Male/Female model for the Berserker frame, but only so long as they did it for all the other frames as well. I certainly enjoy the freedom to wear an avatar character which I think looks nicest, regardless of gender/sex. To this end, I think Nova would make for an interesting male frame, as would Mag. Ultimately I don't think it's about the canonicty of it, because anyone who's going to argue that point? Nyx and Excal, enough said, you can just change the skeleton and muscle a bit without altering the frame's design and boom, alternate sex/gender frame, it's in the canon via Excaliber and Nyx's models.