Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Penalty for Abandoning

ShadowStarx1

Players, particularly  Hosts should be penalized for leaving missions.

In particular for leaving SO or ESO after only one or two Rounds, those who cut out on Field Bounties, or any idsiots who leave mid-mission other then D/c

penatly should include, but not be limited to:

preventing them from re-queuing ANY mission for at least 5-15 minutes

Affinity, Credits

increased penalties for those who keep doing this.

Bad idea. This will put unnecessary pressure on people to complete missions or objectives they do not want to complete and will punish people with computer/internet issues even more. This is not a competitive game that you will lose if a player drops out. If you feel a player is cheating or griefing then you can report them. If you cannot pull off ESO by yourself then you're not supposed to be there really and you're the one who's just piggy backing. And punishing people for leaving and endless mode... really?

If you want a team that sticks around for your mission, don't jump into a game with randoms, because they will do whatever they want. Pick a team that agrees on something before you head in. Use recruit chat.

Sometimes happen.. that's why we have powerful frames and weapons... so when a guy leave, you could finish the mission and/or do easily the 8 round ESO...

If you can't do it by yourself, why other people should do it for you? And they should also be penalized if they don't want to stay with a licher?

Sometime i'm curious to know where some idea come from...

6 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

Bad idea. This will put unnecessary pressure on people to complete missions or objectives they do not want to complete and will punish people with computer/internet issues even more. This is not a competitive game that you will lose if a player drops out. If you feel a player is cheating or griefing then you can report them. If you cannot pull off ESO by yourself then you're not supposed to be there really and you're the one who's just piggy backing. And punishing people for leaving and endless mode... really?

If you want a team that sticks around for your mission, don't jump into a game with randoms, because they will do whatever they want. Pick a team that agrees on something before you head in. Use recruit chat.

This. But I so desperately want an improved matchmaking system in that game. At least to have a pub option to be a host or client only. 

I hate host pigration as much as the next player, but there's already a penalty for bailing out, and actually a worse one for disconnecting/reconnecting (you don't even get the XP you earned before the DC.)

There's no point in making it any worse.

And ESO needs a major rework, because I strongly suspect most of those early quits are over lag issues...

It's almost like most of the content in the game that could take more than 3 minutes at a time is currently designed so people can leave at specific stopping points without being stuck to other people's whims and needs.

Penalizing anyone for leaving a match in a game that has P2P hosting as the only multiplayer option is a bit of a problem when setting the latency limit in the options means nothing in practice and when it'd be a Herculean task to differentiate an intentional loss of connection from the usual DC, among other things. Especially bad if it'd stop people from playing the game for... playing it as intended. It's already bad enough to have witnessed people being punished for "cheating" in "competitive" events in the recent past. Game needs a change in design, maybe, not arbitrary penalties that'd just make it almost impossible to find a public match and reduce the absurdly shrunken down playerbase it currently has.

Just use recruit chat or play with friends or solo if it's that much of a problem for you.

On 2021-04-10 at 2:38 PM, ShadowStarx1 said:

particularly Hosts

Only if you first implement a system that lets players Choose if they want to be Host or not Host.

Also, if your ability to complete the mission or not Depends on Some Rando not leaving early. then you're a leech who couldn't do it on his own and need to git gud.

On 2021-04-10 at 2:46 PM, RazerXPrime said:

LOL

I'm sorry, what?

It's pretty well known that big chunk of the player base has crappy internet connection and Warframe's network code is designed to target those players as hosts and you want to punish them for being forced to be a host? Just why?

Also, this

On 2021-04-10 at 11:38 PM, ShadowStarx1 said:

In particular for leaving SO or ESO after only one or two Rounds, those who cut out on Field Bounties, or any idsiots who leave mid-mission other then D/c

Firstly, SO and ESO, people leave after round one/two cause they might have maxed out their items or they are not interested in carrying someone who tries to leech.
Secondly, field Bounties, some people are only interested in common rewards, for example Tier 4 bounty on Fortuna has, depending on a rotation, 2x Fieldron, 2x Detonite Injector or 2x Mutagen Mass, with only other sources for those being invasions or crafting. Thirdly, how tf do you distinguish genuin disconnect, from a connection being unstable, sudden power outage or host migration being a host migration?

Also, randoms don't owe you alligence just because they happened to join you or you join them, they can do whatever they want.

• 3 months later...

I agree with you massively. I think if people leave SO or ESO before 8 waves then they lose everything they have acquired up to that point, including the Affinity they have clearly gone in for. Sure, I use it to level up things as it is quicker, but I take a Frame that will be useful and I am always willing to stick around until 8 waves even when I am fully leveled. And it amazes me how people take Nuke Frames to do 1 or 2 rounds, I can do that with weapons unFormaed and not using Abilities. It's so sad to see.

There are plenty of other places to level (Although DE seems to have slowed leveling), whereas SO and ESO have specific things tied to them so I feel 8 waves should be minimum. I remember being a low MR and trying to get Khora, but 95% of the time people would bail early because the Frame they were leveling was done. It's inconsiderate!!

And to make it worse it is nearly always the Host to leave, which causes Host Migration, and in the background the timer is still ticking down. Another round or 2 later and the current Host leaves leaving the timer ticking down in the background again.

I also feel people should have to do a minimum of 20 waves/20 minutes when doing Endurance Relics. But ONLY once DE adds a fast run option and an endurance run option for every Relic type. I understand if only Endurance is up and you get the part you were after you want to leave, but if DE do a fast option for that specific purpose, then endurance for people who want to farm and level at the same time as you get that extra 25% after 1 Relic, 50% at 6, etc.

Sure, real life has to come first, I understand that completely. But I have never known anyone who when that moment has come and have to leave because life has called they are bothered about what they have gotten in a game.

But... we all know how useless DE and these things never get sorted. Which is why I have seen so many people leave the game. Even after playing for just a short time. They can't keep new players, and longer serving players are getting fed-up. It's just the Elietest who hate people pointing out the many many, MANY problems with the game and have awful comments like, "Play solo" or "You should be able to do it on your own." Then the classic "Use Recruitment Chat", like sometimes you don't have to sit there for ages trying to get a team when all you want is to get on with the game!!

1 hour ago, (PSN)S1ckS1deSold1er- said:

Then the classic "Use Recruitment Chat", like sometimes you don't have to sit there for ages trying to get a team when all you want is to get on with the game!!

You do realise what will happen if people are penalised for these things right? There will be less squads running the missions. I am certainly not going to queue for a mission knowing I will be penalised for leaving on the rotation I need. You will end up being forced to use recruit chat. Would you queue knowing you’ll get penalised?

• Side note: wouldn’t a host migration that failed penalise everyone? If everyone leaves then they would be penalised. Seems like a fun way to grief on your last run before getting off.

You do also realise this post is three months old right? You may have trouble engaging in a discussion here.

13 hours ago, krc473 said:

You do realise what will happen if people are penalised for these things right? There will be less squads running the missions. I am certainly not going to queue for a mission knowing I will be penalised for leaving on the rotation I need. You will end up being forced to use recruit chat. Would you queue knowing you’ll get penalised?

• Side note: wouldn’t a host migration that failed penalise everyone? If everyone leaves then they would be penalised. Seems like a fun way to grief on your last run before getting off.

You do also realise this post is three months old right? You may have trouble engaging in a discussion here.

Good, less people running them means the people running them actually want to run them fully!! It doesn't take long to do a full 8 rounds, so just do them. People who max level then leave early need to be punished for doing so in a game type not designed for such a thing. As I stated, there are plenty of places to level other than these missions!! Sure they can take longer, but do they really when you simply have to load in and load out every few minutes because of these leave early people. Yes, I take weapons into ESO to level, but go with a useful nuke or useful support Frame to be able to still go 8 rounds even if it isn't needed, purely because it is respectful. Or if leveling a Frame in SO I take my best weapons. At Legendary 1 I can carry people to Round 8 with them if needed. Which no, I don't mind doing like some people have commented. We were all new once and needed to learn and get better. What annoys me more is High MR's coming into ESO, where only level 30 Frames can be, and they bring an Inaros, or another pointless useless Frame yet have Rank 0 weapons which aren't doing much. DON'T PLAY IT IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO PLAY IT PROPERLY, go somewhere else.

Sure, there are then the people who get the part they are after a couple rounds in. It isn't long to wait until the end to leave and not have to ever come back if you got what you wanted. You can also sell anything extra that is useful, such as Braton or Lato Vandal parts. Or even the pointless, yet rare and sometimes sought, Peculiar Growth/Bloom.

As yet I haven't seen a decent good response as to why people shouldn't be penalised. Just Elietest crap. As to your "waiting times" go on a different server where more people play. You also said "You'll have to use Recruiting Chat if that happens", yet the people who have a problem with early leavers get told to "Use Recruiting Chat." It's a backwards argument!!

And yes, I realise it is 3 months old. But I found it now didn't I! Maybe others will aswell. You also engaged me in a discussion. So again, you make invalid points!

DON'T PLAY IT IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO PLAY IT PROPERLY, go somewhere else.

Why do you (or anyone else) get to decide what playing properly is? People should be allowed to decide how to play, and they should not be penalised for it. This is really the main point of this discussion. DE has allowed the behavior for so long now, that must mean this is how they intended it to work. Your idea is against that. If DE had wanted people to play the mission in a specific way they surely would have done something to ensure that would happen.

What annoys me more is High MR's coming into ESO, where only level 30 Frames can be, and they bring an Inaros, or another pointless useless Frame yet have Rank 0 weapons which aren't doing much.

Rank 0 weapons could easily be fully modded and just need to get levelled. Last time I ran it I used Valkyr (a pointless frame), I was levelling my weapons to 40, they were fully modded and I out damaged the "useful frame" people. Taking a nuke frame is entirely counterproductive to levelling your weapons, so who would actually bring one for that purpose? --I am excluding people that do not know how affinity gain works. 

You also said "You'll have to use Recruiting Chat if that happens", yet the people who have a problem with early leavers get told to "Use Recruiting Chat." It's a backwards argument!!

If no one is running the mission on public you are forced to use recruiting chat. I would imagine many people would avoid public missions if they get penalised for leaving when they want to.

Edit:

My argument is that the missions are designed to allow freedom in how you play them and what you do. This means you get to bring whatever you like and leave whenever you want to. Forcing people to do a specific thing they don't want to will create problems.

NO.

The problem is you are demanding that DE waste time crafting code that effectually negates the original intent behind phases just because YOU do not feel like using the tools already available to you.

Don't like Hosts leaving between phases? Then host! Its really simple you just create a group by inviting others who are after the same thing before you jump in. I do this all the time.

If I am only going in for one or two phases then I just click the button and join someone else's team.

If I want to stay for a longer period because I have something specific I want then I "Host" by finding others who want to do the same and making my own team before clicking the button.

^It is just that simple.

Leaving matches in between phases is not the same as abandoning a match. It is designed to let people do that. No penalty should ever be implemented for that.

If people abandon a mission then they are already penalized by not receiving any drops from that mission.

So... yeah my vote is no your suggestion would simply be a waste of time on DE's part all because you want to control how everyone else plays the game.

2 hours ago, krc473 said:

Why do you (or anyone else) get to decide what playing properly is? People should be allowed to decide how to play, and they should not be penalised for it. This is really the main point of this discussion. DE has allowed the behavior for so long now, that must mean this is how they intended it to work. Your idea is against that. If DE had wanted people to play the mission in a specific way they surely would have done something to ensure that would happen.

Rank 0 weapons could easily be fully modded and just need to get levelled. Last time I ran it I used Valkyr (a pointless frame), I was levelling my weapons to 40, they were fully modded and I out damaged the "useful frame" people. Taking a nuke frame is entirely counterproductive to levelling your weapons, so who would actually bring one for that purpose? --I am excluding people that do not know how affinity gain works. 

If no one is running the mission on public you are forced to use recruiting chat. I would imagine many people would avoid public missions if they get penalised for leaving when they want to.

Edit:

My argument is that the missions are designed to allow freedom in how you play them and what you do. This means you get to bring whatever you like and leave whenever you want to. Forcing people to do a specific thing they don't want to will create problems.

I haven't decided how people should play the game, DE has by locking things in those certain game types and at certain rotations. I cannot stress more that there are many many other places to level and not waste the time of others.

Yes, rank 0 weapons, and Frames, can be modded rather well. But only if you are a pretty high MR, and even then drop a potato in. But alot of people use it to level everything, including MR fodder which they don't put effort into doing up. I didn't specifically say bring a 'nuke' Frame, I said a useful Frame... A Trinity, a Volt, a Speedva.

And your argument about DE wanting it that way, well... DE probably just hasn't changed it because they can't be bothered. Then on the other side because so many people are annoyed by it, and DE loves annoying people. Bit the fact is there that MANY people are annoyed by it. DE are driving people away from the game. I have known many leave after playing only a short time. They can't keep new players, and even experienced ones are getting fed-up about alot of things. So good luck with all your arguments about nobody playing public missions and having to use Recruit Chat, as it will come to a point when there is hardly anyone left playing at all. I have taken many breaks in my time, Jan 2020 I started, (Noob to some I guess, but played plenty enough to actually not be before comments start there). The first break was after 6 months and fully never intended to come back. It was a friend I got back into contact with who got me back on it. Now I come & go and actually can't stand the game. But for now it's a means to an end. Even that isn't cutting it though and I feel I will soon put the game down for good again. So yes, the game is dying (I said it) because they can't keep new players interested and longer serving have gotten fed-up. It's just the extreme Elietests who can't let it go

1 hour ago, Aesthier said:

NO.

The problem is you are demanding that DE waste time crafting code that effectually negates the original intent behind phases just because YOU do not feel like using the tools already available to you.

Don't like Hosts leaving between phases? Then host! Its really simple you just create a group by inviting others who are after the same thing before you jump in. I do this all the time.

If I am only going in for one or two phases then I just click the button and join someone else's team.

If I want to stay for a longer period because I have something specific I want then I "Host" by finding others who want to do the same and making my own team before clicking the button.

^It is just that simple.

Leaving matches in between phases is not the same as abandoning a match. It is designed to let people do that. No penalty should ever be implemented for that.

If people abandon a mission then they are already penalized by not receiving any drops from that mission.

So... yeah my vote is no your suggestion would simply be a waste of time on DE's part all because you want to control how everyone else plays the game.

How are you also not using the tools available when there are plenty of other places to level in!?! Which I can only assume is what you are doing, although I may be wrong.

And how are you also not dictating how other people play the game by telling them to use Recruit Chat!?! Some people don't want to sit in that chat and hope they get a team together, some want to get right in and get going. Plus, wouldn't it work best for others, as things stand now, if you yourself done it the other way around and recruited people for just one or two rounds rather than jumping in a random match where people might want to go all the way. Oh wait... wouldn't work would it because most people don't want to do so few. Yet you recruit for 8 rounds, why?... because even you must hate it when people leave so early. At least you didn't say "Handle it yourself" then said you recruited for 8 rounds.

On 2021-08-02 at 10:13 AM, (PSN)S1ckS1deSold1er- said:

Plus, wouldn't it work best for others, as things stand now, if you yourself done it the other way around and recruited people for just one or two rounds rather than jumping in a random match where people might want to go all the way.

No, it wouldn't.

If you are looking for something specific, then go to recruiting chat - it's that simple.  People who jump into a public match to go one or two rounds are not trying to force others to do the same.

11 hours ago, (XBOX)R3d P01nt said:

No, it wouldn't.

If you are looking for something specific, then go to recruiting chat - it's that simple.  People who jump into a public match to go one or two rounds are not trying to force others to do the same.

Seriously!?! Onslaught is something specific, it is designed to go as long and as far as you can!! If you only have a small amount left to level then go somewhere else to do it. It really is as simple as that. Or, if you want to finish it in Onslaught then have the respect to go at least the 8 rounds. Simple. There is no solid argument against this, AT ALL!!

9 hours ago, (PSN)S1ckS1deSold1er- said:

Seriously!?! Onslaught is something specific, it is designed to go as long and as far as you can!! If you only have a small amount left to level then go somewhere else to do it. It really is as simple as that. Or, if you want to finish it in Onslaught then have the respect to go at least the 8 rounds. Simple. There is no solid argument against this, AT ALL!!

If it were designed for 8 rounds, then the mission would end after 8 rounds.  Some people like to go further and would be mad at you for stopping at 8.  Fact is, people can leave after any round, by design.  They are not asking you to leave when they leave.  You are asking them to stay for the amount of time you want.  You are the one asking for others to follow what you want, you are the one that wants a specific time/round.  You should go to recruiting and stop expecting randoms to conform to you.

Penalties for leaving ESO, makes no sense, if you want to go for longer runs just recruit or join people using the recruitment chat (same applies to all the other longer runs you want to do), if you dont want to do that just play the game SOLO or with friends instead of randoms if they annoy you so much that they want to leave after getting the reward they were farming after or weapon which they have maxed out.

Coming back to players leaving mid mission (people have crap net), some manipulate their net to kick players who decide to leech in open world farming instead of doing objectives. If you want to put a penalty on players it should be the players who are not contributing to objectives and or using afk macros to avoid being kicked. The number of times I have seen macros and leechers are much more annoying than someone leaving after one wave in eso.

Btw in onslaught people can join in wave 2 and sometimes people leave missions if the frame composition is unbalanced cause who wants to be in a squad of 4 nekroses in survival.

10 hours ago, (PSN)S1ckS1deSold1er- said:

It is also designed to let players leave by not entering portal at any round.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)R3d P01nt said:

If it were designed for 8 rounds, then the mission would end after 8 rounds.  Some people like to go further and would be mad at you for stopping at 8.  Fact is, people can leave after any round, by design.  They are not asking you to leave when they leave.  You are asking them to stay for the amount of time you want.  You are the one asking for others to follow what you want, you are the one that wants a specific time/round.  You should go to recruiting and stop expecting randoms to conform to you.

I do go more than 8 rounds when the opportunity arises. But the reward system resets which is why I said minimum of 8. And it isn't about conforming to me, it is something I see as it is an area of the game where you push things, yet people don't. You want to level just a small amount, the game offers many other areas for this to not be an issue. You want a specific reward and get it, show some etiquette and stay so others may get the one they want. Again, no solid argument. 

So hypocritical telling me how to play by saying I should use Recruiting, yet saying what I imply is wrong. Besides, I do use Recruiting, it isn't always effective, and I don't want to sit there for ages waiting for a team to do a part of the game that for all intense & purposes is designed to be pushed, when there are many other places to do short times.

5 hours ago, ---ShadowFoxHound--- said:

Penalties for leaving ESO, makes no sense, if you want to go for longer runs just recruit or join people using the recruitment chat (same applies to all the other longer runs you want to do), if you dont want to do that just play the game SOLO or with friends instead of randoms if they annoy you so much that they want to leave after getting the reward they were farming after or weapon which they have maxed out.

Coming back to players leaving mid mission (people have crap net), some manipulate their net to kick players who decide to leech in open world farming instead of doing objectives. If you want to put a penalty on players it should be the players who are not contributing to objectives and or using afk macros to avoid being kicked. The number of times I have seen macros and leechers are much more annoying than someone leaving after one wave in eso.

Btw in onslaught people can join in wave 2 and sometimes people leave missions if the frame composition is unbalanced cause who wants to be in a squad of 4 nekroses in survival.

Why don't you play solo instead of potentially hindering others, same goes both ways you know. Again, you have no solid argument. Infact you have actually said you annoy yourself as you clearly, to what I can tell, don't go solo because you want that extra Affiny the other players give you. That is a form of leeching in my eyes as you are using them for you own quick selfish gain and then bail, perhaps leaving them stranded.

5 hours ago, IMP_102 said:

It is also designed to let players leave by not entering portal at any round.

OK, you actually made a fair point. I'll give you that. First one to do so. Although personally I see the portals as a way to move to the next zone, not just to bail. But you are right, the function is there to do so. Doesn't make it right though does it, and I do believe it should be revamped somehow to stop the levelling, because as I keep saying which nobody seems to register... PLENTY OF PLACES IN THE GAME TO GO DO THIS

13 hours ago, (PSN)S1ckS1deSold1er- said:

PLENTY OF PLACES IN THE GAME TO GO DO THIS

That's true, but the ESO is the BEST place to go do this. It's a community driven thing, ESO is the place to go to level stuff.

I think you underestimate how useless of a content ESO is. If it wasn't used as a place for leveling it would be just as desolate as most of the start chart, would probably need to sit half an hour in recruitment channel just to get a full team going. Most people intending to go full 8 rounds would just grab Saryn and go run it solo, if only to avoid potential host migration, if somebody drops out.

Archived