Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Our Old Warframe Slowly Dying

Robrook

We have to admit that the game is actually dying, they need to bring back old enemy health and armor scale, old status, old viral, old gas and old corrosive, harder enemies, greater reward, we'll know. 

We need to find a point on playing, nerfing Steel Essence was a BIG BIG MISTAKE, A REALLY BIG. 

The problem of primaries not dealing damage is because of physical status changes, procs and really easy to do over 50m with nearly all weapons, "hard mode" being like: "Press 1 Key and win." 

I think we will cry until we forget about warframe, but we need to support this, we need to tell D. E. Everything they missed, everything they are wrong, they have this game thanks to our community, so we have to do everything again, WE HAVE to change it!!!! 

I think Warframe is in the best shape it has ever been.

Railjack is getting fixes based at least partially on user input, making it fun as hell to play, we have absolute metric #*!%tons of content to play, and you can get 99% of everything for free in a F2P game with the right grinds.

We're still getting constant, quality updates at a reasonable pace, they build up good hype, but don't overhype too often(PoE), and overall, Warframe is still a great game.

8 minutes ago, Robrook said:

We need to find a point on playing, nerfing Steel Essence was a BIG BIG MISTAKE, A REALLY BIG.

Imagine thinking spamming 1 with Khora in a safe corner for 5 hours straight was some golden standard of gameplay.

Old corrosive. With Kuva Nukor. Yeah that will make things pretty hard. That's even worse then a Nukor Primer. 

Ah and bold claim: I pretend SP enemies are way tougher then pre-status-rework enemies. And if I'm not totally mistaken Bloodrush was much more a way to powercreep then nowadays. The "press 1 key and win" would also apply to a fair amount of frames in that Era so... No. I say they should continue working an adjust things but not go back. 

I am very nostalgic for the old warframe. Especially before most of the Power-Creep, and before Nullifiers.

But I don't think Warframe needs to revert, and especially not the changes you propose. Digital Extremes is making steady-ish progress at fixing up content, as well as adding cool new stuff. This is kind of the best time for warframe. Yes, they're having growing pains, but nothing that wasn't expected.

I do kind of like the idea of having an older version of Warframe made standalone, like "Warframe Classic" or something like that. But I'm still playing this current one, and look forward to it's future.

Just now, Joezone619 said:

You know people always chastise "warframe is dying" posts saying "add it to the pile", but that begs the question.... why are warframe is dying posts so common in the first place?

It's like that everywhere? It isn't exclusive to game forums. Even "real world" situations have people that always say x is getting worse. It's the old mentality of "things were better back in the day". Even though in many situations, that is false.

Warframe had a significantly smaller player base back then compared to recent years. Warframe forums also consist of people spamming the same usual stuff content creators say over and over. It's almost always either an alt account, or an old account that generally never bothered using forums previously, as is the case for op.

2 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

You know people always chastise "warframe is dying" posts saying "add it to the pile", but that begs the question.... why are warframe is dying posts so common in the first place?

Loud minority. People with these kinds of dramatic opinions caused by changes (changes that they don't understand the benefits to) tend to be pretty vocal about it. This is what all forums are like. Game is somehow always dying.

There are some serious rose tinted glasses being worn here.

Let's dive into the "golden ages" (in no particular chronological order):

• Map wide blind with Prism
  • Map wide nuke with Trinity and Sancti Castanas
  • Map wide nuke with Saryn using an Arcane Chlora helmet
  • Map wide nuke with Resonating Quake Banshee
  • Map wide nuke with Limbo when Cataclysm had scaling damage
  • Zenistar AFK Survival
  • Synoid Simulor Mirage
  • DJ Nekros getting Carpal Tunnel
  • Map wide loot with Greedy Pull Mag
  • Maiming Strike
  • Blood Rush
  • Condition Overload
  • Covert Lethality
  • 20 meter modded range on melee weapons (hello Scoliac)
  • Khora's Whipclaw
  • Infinite scaling damage with Magus Lockdown
  • Permanent invisibility with Naramon's Shadow Step
  • Gas dealing multiple times more damage with stealth procs
  • Permanent energy regen with Zenurik's energy regen
  • Excalibur Umbra AFK Index with Kohm
  • Chroma's Vex Armor giving incredible damage buffs due to poor math calculations
  • Smeeta Kavat bestowing an incredible amount of rare resources
  • Draco
  • Viver
  • Coptering
  • Login system giving sentinel XP
  • Telos Boltace forced Slash AoE
  • 99% Blessing from Trinity
  • And more

The game is not dying. Some aspects of the game over the years (like Tower Void, Trials, and some other features) that players have enjoyed are now lost, but there have been good reworks and changes to accompany these losses. DE has made some mistakes when it comes to balance, but I'm not going to pretend things were more interesting or more balanced before Warframe Revised or Railjack Retrofit or any major balance pass over the years. Old scaling or the original Steel Path were really not better than what we have now. The things we have now are not great, but the former wasn't any better.

33 minutes ago, Robrook said:

We have to admit that the game is actually dying, they need to bring back old enemy health and armor scale, old status, old viral, old gas and old corrosive, harder enemies, greater reward, we'll know. 

The problem of primaries not dealing damage is because of physical status changes, procs and really easy to do over 50m with nearly all weapons, "hard mode" being like: "Press 1 Key and win." 

I think we will cry until we forget about warframe, but we need to support this, we need to tell D. E. Everything they missed, everything they are wrong, they have this game thanks to our community, so we have to do everything again, WE HAVE to change it!!!! 

How about this: Old Warframe content creators need to stop talking if the only opinion they have is based on their childhood dreams. The ones that are actually ruining the game are them. Pretty damn stupid to not consider their constant bashing about nothings or worse, just to get views, is what new players see when they search the game on youtube. That is the biggest and worst problem Warframe has ever had. 

If you want a "better game" op, then I suggest you tell those guys to find something else to play and let new or non nostalgia blood take over.

16 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

Because 9 times out of 10 the posts go along the lines of "I don't like X, so everyone else must not like X, and Developers won't do Y, therefore the game is dying"

That said, I'm going to go ahead and lock the thread. Doom & gloom threads don't really facilitate constructive discussion. @Robrook if you wish to provide feedback, the best chances for having it be noticed by the developers is to create a feedback thread in the appropriate subforum that details what you think should be changed, explains why you think it should be changed, and provide ideas for how it can be changed/improved.

P.S. The game isn't actually dying.

Archived