Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ability Combos

TheThreadWeaver

The purpose of this thread will be for Tenno to point out their favorite warframe ability combos, moments when two or more Warframe abilities come together with awesome results.

One example is mixing Ember's World on Fire with Volt's Speed, offering a maximum area of coverage for Ember to spread her flames.

My current favorite combination is to mix Mag's Bullet Attractor with Excalibur's Radial Javelin. Leaping into an Attraction field and pulling off a Javelin to turn an enemy into a pincushion is just great, and with the correct modding you can flat out kill most of the early bosses in a single blow.

So post your favorite combos in this thread please, and maybe we'll all figure out something fun to try in the game proper.

my fav. is Vauban's Bastille and any AoE ult, like Rhino stomp, m prime, world on fire, overload, etc.  I especially like it with overload because overload doesn't have a guaranteed stagger so volt could get hit and go down if he's not careful. Bastille allows him to destroy all the corpus with having to worry about anything getting too close

Vauban's Tesla + Ash's Bladestorm. (Teleporting tesla!)

Mag's Bullet Attractor + Nyx's Absorb. (Try this one on bosses, provided there are other ranged units in the arena.)

Banshee's Sonar + Nova's Molecular Prime + Rhino's Roar (Maximize ALL the damage!)

Radial Disarm + Decoy + Vortex

Roar + Invisibility/Smokescreen

Was going mention radial disarm and vortex!

Radial disarm + bounce (lots of bounce)

Radial disarm + molt/decoy + miasma

Shadows of the dead + bounce = good luck getting through that corridor

My friends and I actually do this quite a bit, and come up with funny names for these. 

Nova's M.Prime + Ember's World on Fire = "Look at the pretty Explosions!" 

Frost's Snow Globe + Vauban's Bastille = Ba Sing Se "The Impenetrable City" 

Banshee's Sound Quake + Rhino's Rhino Stomp = Demise of Haiti 

Ash's Bladestorm + Nova's M.Prime = Pop the Cherry (Nova's energy color as Saturated Red) 

Banshee's Sonar + Rhino's Roar/Stomp = Glow it Up and Blow it Up. 

Nova's Wormhole + Anyone running Heavy Impact = ManDropDeathPackage

Volt's Speed + Excalibur's Slash Dash = Super Mega Death Rocket

Volt's Speed with maximum duration + Dakra Prime (Fury+Berserker) and slide attack through the enemies, repeat in another direction, then again and again... VOLTALIBUR!

Wish i Nova's Wormhole to teleport projectiles through them... can you imagine Ogris or Flux Rifle shooting behind the corner? I want it :x

Vortex + Multiple Fire Blast = Shishkebab

Edited by Skynin

How wbout

Shadows of the dead + chaos = every enemy killed during chaos becomes an shadow of nekros.

Rhino stomp + Avalance = Frozen enemies will scatter and damage nearby 'surviving' targets'

Rhino stomp + Crush = All targets affected by rhino stomp will be affected by crush and will be hit by the 'scrap particles (To define the stuff that also appears during crush and smack in affected targets as well) and the scrap particles that you can see in Rhino  stomp ainmation will be used to hit the targets as well (so extra damage)

Soul Punch + Pull = All targets affected by pull will be soul punched as well (Nekros still has to correctly target and cast his soul punch on a target that is still in 'flight') This should cause all 'bodies' to be pulled, and will make a spray of souls ^^. Als I'd love to see some nice animation of an enemy with his body pulled to the caster and his soul being 'ripped off' while punched away XD.

Invisibility + smoke screen = temporarly apply smokescreen invisibility to players in smoke range. It won 't make stealth that easy since an effective smoke screen will stun enemies in decent radius, which wil be alerted. Also, the parties invisibilty will be that short, that it is only usable for running away rather than sneaking behind an enemy. Also the entire party must gather on the smoke screen so It will be hard to use it for sneaking.

Bastile + pull = the 'bastile rack' will implode and all affected targets will bet big damage XD. Bastile will afterwards revert back to normal. So pull just 'comes by' and will neither interrupt or shorten bastille effect

Hands down my favorite is Snow Globe + Bounce. Bounce, just like any other projectile, won't pass through Snow Globe, so you can stick it directly to the outside of the dome. If you reduce the power range on Snow Globe you can create a forcefield of bounces very easily, and you can even line up snowglobes and bounces to create a 'tunnel' of bounces that accelerate enemies down a path of dooooooom...Man that's fun.

Hey guys. I found a couple more while running around with Volt.

1. Not really a mix of warframe abilities, but pretty potent. If you run the Shade Sentinel with your Volt, sometimes you can get it to trigger its Ghost ability in the middle of using an overload. This can basically turn you into an invisible thunderstorm that the enemies will ignore, since it doesn't seem to cancel ghost if Overload was triggered first.

2. Haven't actually experimented with this one yet, but I've noticed that Volt can lay down multiple Electric Shields at a time. I'm thinking it might be interesting to create a ring of Electric Shields, and try using other warframe abilities from the center of that ring.