Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forum Tweaks

[DE]Drew

6 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Yea can we have back the upvote number again? Such a useful tool to preemptive judging people. I dont wanna have to go look at someone's profile to get a more complete overview about someone's posting habits when it was working just fine.

I say its stupid but good change
We should look at what ppl have to say and not how much they said or how many ppl agreed with them

8 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

is this the part where everyone says hi to each other and says why they are here

or am i mistaking this for an AA meeting

No you are in the right place , we are astronauts antiquitus.  Please introduce yourself and let us know how rockets worked back in your day. and why drinking rocket fuel has changed your life.

41 minutes ago, TomCruisesSon said:

I don't have to answer to you, you're just initiate rank! Ask again when you are at least Gold Tiger.

Daddy isn't here for you son , he cant reach for jack anymore. It would be an impossible mission for anyone once i put you down in my minority report.

Behold a war of worlds has been started and you will be the collateral.

4 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

No you are in the right place , we are astronauts antiquitus.  Please introduce yourself and let us know how rockets worked back in your day. and why drinking rocket fuel has changed your life.

wouldn't recommend drinking rocket fuel but it was one hell of a trip

5 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Daddy isn't here for you son , he cant reach for jack anymore. It would be an impossible mission for anyone once i put you down in my minority report.

Iniitiate 1...

Bro, do you even lift?

5 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Hover over a name in the avatar area it still shows.

The profile shows Rank, Reputation and Answers. So Rank is none of those other two things. Perhaps just something that was part of the last update to the forums and it hasn't been configured yet. My bet. Maybe they will simply turn it off when they find out.

Then, if we are all "initiate" in this videogame.

I will ask you, as I'm level 1/27, is this game like pokemon or fifa? I do not really understand how this extrange figures may work or which is the goal of the game....just an initiate asking about.... ;)

Just now, lhardy said:

Then, if we are all "initiate" in this videogame.

I will ask you, as I'm level 1/27, is this game like pokemon or fifa? I do not really understand how this extrange figures may work or which is the goal of the game....just an initiate asking about.... ;)

You will find out when you level up. It's a reward at rank 7

35 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

If Dad is gone, that means there's only a few good men left. I guess that makes me the last samurai. Jerry Maguire.

I noticed the Forums received a new look (atleast on my phone) with a new screen called "achievements". Two changes that I noticed the most:

1) It seems reputation is now hidden unless viewing the profile. This doesn't bother me.

2) Forum ranks seem to be reset. Now I'm curious if there's a way for DE to update people's ranks based on post history. Having 10,000 posts and suddenly having those posts reset is a bit odd. The alternative would be removing Forum ranks aside from staff and contest winners as they don't seem to say much, especially if they just got reset when some players have been using them for 6+ years now.

@[DE]DrewSorry for the mention, but it would be great if we could get some information on these updates and if there are any future ones coming for the Forums :).

I didn’t have much reputation, but it had been growing over two years and I actually took a moderate amount of pride into being able to amass my comparatively small amount.

My reputation was utterly dwarfed by most peoples, but it was mine. Every point being a time someone appreciated one of my hot takes, found me funny or agreed with me. I really don’t like that it’s now tucked away on my profile.

Already I feel less motivated to actually engage with the forums. Maybe that’ll pass. 🤷 

I can foresee people responding to this with “something something e-peen” or whatever, and no. I’m not an arrogant person, in fact I’m quite... odd? My reputation meant something to me because it was one of the few indicators I’ve ever had that things I’ve said had resonated with people. 

Bad change, give number back.

I left my thoughts in Drew's thread from April:

36 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I noticed the Forums received a new look (atleast on my phone) with a new screen called "achievements". Two changes that I noticed the most:

1) It seems reputation is now hidden unless viewing the profile. This doesn't bother me.

2) Forum ranks seem to be reset. Now I'm curious if there's a way for DE to update people's ranks based on post history. Having 10,000 posts and suddenly having those posts reset is a bit odd. The alternative would be removing Forum ranks aside from staff and contest winners as they don't seem to say much, especially if they just got reset when some players have been using them for 6+ years now.

I agree though, this new rank is pretty obnoxious and I'm not sure what the point is of "achievements". The way it used to be worked fine. Hopefully [DE]Drew or someone else can give us information if this is within their control to change and if any other updates are coming.

1 minute ago, Voltage said:

Anyone remember Sad and Confused? Lmao.

Yes I do, I wish some of them came back..

I do find it strange you need to hover over the name of the forum users avatar area on the left to see what was just shown in the past.

Archived