Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forum Tweaks

[DE]Drew

28 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Speaking about the forums, why they’d remove reputation under our names? It was fine as is.

Probably because we couldn't take seriously new accounts with low MR talking about balance and taht kind of stuff

vor 26 Minuten schrieb xXDeadsinxX:

Speaking about the forums, why they’d remove reputation under our names? It was fine as is.

it would be even better if instead of meaningless names there would be something like parent1 and parent2!!!!
here of course player1, player2, etc.! best of all, tolerant images for profiles.

BECAUSE!!! NOW IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

Huh, now the only way to see forum rep is on or hovering over a person's profile.

Guess...somebody got offended by that or something so they hid it a bit?

Its likely whoever is responsible for the forums (its a 3rd party) decided that e-peen farming might be a pain in the buttchecks to be just thrown in your face when you look a bit to the left.

Because, lets be real, Rep Farming is a thing both in-game and on-forums.

4 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Its likely whoever is responsible for the forums (its a 3rd party) decided that e-peen farming might be a pain in the buttchecks to be just thrown in your face when you look a bit to the left.

Because, lets be real, Rep Farming is a thing both in-game and on-forums.

True enough.

...Still a bit sad, I was enjoying watching my rep counter go up every time I made a snarky quip in a stupid thread.

I mean, it's still on people's profile pages, but they add new forum reputation system which looks like a straight rank system?

Is it ever been announced? I must've missed the announcement. I see people with newer and longer joined dates all at the same "rank" now, many and few community reputations seems to all start from scratch, and I can't figure out what actions could raise or probably lower these ranks... 

i don't care about stupid forum reputations as well. Just wondering about your thoughts on what they're trying to accomplish with this new system? Also, would be nice to talk about something other than melee nerf and gun buff.

EDIT: the new rank system is gone. I swear i saw a blue little circular "O" icon on lower left of my profile picture this morning. When i click it, it bring me to a page with many circular icons that looks like a roadmap. Haven't done these ascii notepad art for a while, but the page looks like this:

O --> O --> O --> O --> O --> O

Looks like they are gone o.O
But I'm also missing the old reactions:
upvote.png
satisfied.png
like.png
applause.png
haha.png
woah.png

Liking often doesn't feel right :|

Edit: And somehow the solution counter isnt working in this thread but in another one:
unknown.pngunknown.png

One is in general discussion and the other one in players helping players.

Edit2:
mmhhh, so the thread got moved/fused into here, but no more information?

44 minutes ago, Dark_Lugia said:

And somehow the solution counter isnt working in this thread but in another one:

As far as I'm aware, the solution counter has never shown in General Discussion.  Or at the very least, it's been like that for a few months, which is when I last checked and realized this.

Sweet! It got moved to a quieter place so less people would see and discuss it

I mean, at this point I'd appreciate some sort of info, anything. Even the old generic reply will do "Dear forum members, we are making changes and none of it is your business since you can't do anything about it anyway. Now move along. Chop chop.

What a weird thing to change when so many other areas are still left unfixed.

Still nothing to take up the role that the clan tab filled.

That left column just looks empty now and it doesn't really seem to have done much beyond burying the same info within another menu, though guess that's consistent with the game itself.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived