Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcane Energize and energy economy deserve a "little" nerf

Seeing how you can play with almost zero care on managing your energy to spam abilities and reversing the odds, and heaven forbids we can have a game where you can play the game without engaging the game or putting a care on your resources, let's nerf the energy economy for today.

1. Arcane Energize

Seeing how you can easily get 150 energy burst from collecting an energy orb, it makes energy management trivial so I'm changing its function

- Changed from 60% chance to get 150 bonus energy to you and nearby allies to 'Chance to gain 100% more energy on energy pickup'

Why? By changing it to gain extra energy instead of high flat amount of energy, energy economy will be still manageable but not at the point of making them non-problem

2. Energizing Dash

5 energy per second that lasts 30 seconds is deemed too fast for energy gain so I'm balancing the gain

- Changed to 2 energy per second that lasts for 50 seconds

3. Energy Restore

- Unable to deploy another restore until the second burst

Why? To prevent spamming and making energy economy obsolete

More will be monitored

33分钟前 , TheArmchairThinker 说:

1. Arcane Energize

Seeing how you can easily get 150 energy burst from collecting an energy orb, it makes energy management trivial so I'm changing its function

- Changed from 60% chance to get 150 bonus energy to you and nearby allies to 'Chance to gain 100% more energy on energy pickup'

Why? By changing it to gain extra energy instead of high flat amount of energy, energy economy will be still manageable but not at the point of making them non-problem

The problem of Energize is that, its procs has a 15 secs cooldown for all ranks. I mean I don't have a problem for that if such cooldown duration is for rank 5 only, but if it is for all levels, it kind of means that you don't need to have it max ranked. Also actually note that it is a legendary arcane, which means having it high-ranked could be hard, so I do think high economy would be enough.

To nerf it, the way that I came up with is that, make the cooldown longer for lower ranks, instead of setting it 15 secs for any rank.

2. Energizing Dash

5 energy per second that lasts 30 seconds is deemed too fast for energy gain so I'm balancing the gain

No. Just no. It is pretty slow that I prefer energize + infused dispensary for some frames or energy restore.

(also preparation exists, y'know)

3. Energy Restore

- Unable to deploy another restore until the second burst

Why? To prevent spamming and making energy economy obsolete

Energy restore now is fair since you actually need something to make it.

An acceptable way of "balancing" this out is to increase the cost of making energy restores, for example you may need orokin cells (or other resources) to make them.

EDIT: Also, no, railjack exists, and there isn't any efficiency mods for it (yet). Energize doesn't work here, and neither does energizing dash. Energy restore is the only fast way if you ran out of energy for seeker volley or smth.

Dunno bout you but I'm constantly out of energy. Energizing dash is a pain to keep constantly active. And high tier enemies have a way of keeping your reserves zeroed out. 

That's IF you're using a normal Warframe. Warframes with their own resources like Lavos and Nidus show you can be independent from it. Not even going to go into how Hildryn can have unlimited power. 

1 hour ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

2. Energizing Dash

I am 100% for nerfing the gain from dash, but only if it's also removed from dash and just made a passive aura that's not tied to operator in any way. It's already free to use, with the only price being that you roll a 2d6 twice a minute, and if you roll snake eyes, you bug out and can't shoot or use abilities for the rest of the mission.

200.gif

The thing is, some warframes and builds with those frames are very energy hungry. My frost armor strip build for example needs a fair few strength mods to make it strip 100% leaving little to no room for energy mods.

Many of my builds absolutely need energizing dash and arcane energize. Mainly because I love spamming abilities. Always have. What's the point of having awesome abilities if i can't use them whenever I want because my energy is crippled.

Energize has been nerfed once and people already suffers the trauma of some of the investment being wasted. Leave it alone.

If you want to make Energize not a must have pick, then fix other energy regeneration methods outside of Energize.

or... Design more Warframes that does not depend on energy to be functional.

35 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

From a couple of topics I read from this user the only thing he wants it's to make the game more annoying, not better.
Please stop.

... two months from now:

Devs:

"We are looking into energy system rework"

Actual patch:

ENERGIZE GOES NERF NERF NERF NERF

Energy needs a full overhaul, if we're being honest. The current baseline system was literally designed for a completely different genre of game, which is probably why the others are so overtuned to attempt to compensate. But they're trying to put a universal amount of energy gain on over 40 different frames with vastly different levels of output, rarely with any substantial difference in cost. And it's Balance 101 that more power = less uses. To use Dungeons and Dragons vernacular, 'Wish' is not a Cantrip.

The current methods probably need a nerf, including Pizzas (even if that nerf is just dramatically increasing the cost to make them, although I feel that'd be a band-aid solution), but the baseline needs a buff - and preferably more than that. RNG energy drops of 25 aren't enough and they don't encourage good play. The energy system could prevent spam on multiple levels, both by limiting the amount of energy for those that become dumb with unlimited supply whilst leaving less extreme frames untouched, but also by making the process of getting more energy more interesting than RNG or 'I push this button'.

Tbh this is why I love Lavos so much. The cooldowns (and skill to reduce cooldowns) was done fairly, if not to the point that he's able to cast more often than if he actually had energy. It finally free'd me from Zenurik/Energy Dash and using Dethcube. (Arcane energize is just overkill lol.)

Energy definitely needs a revisit, though it shouldn't be nerfed to the point we can barely use abilities or have to spam energy pizzas again in order to do so.

Imo, Zenurik/Energy Dash needs to go just like Itzal's Blink needed to go, as in every focus tree equipped should give you some innate energy regen upon void dashing instead. Makes sense, considering Warframe's are powered via literal void energy--you.

Archived