Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If You Want Me To Spend Several Hours To Take Down a Kuva Lich...

Sevek7

Then let me spend those hours fighting the Lich!

I understand you need time gates and grind to keep the game afloat. What I don't understand is why does the grind-time need to be spent farming the boring standard enemies for murmurs? Fighting a Lich is fun. Like, really fun! The fights are really well designed and super varied and interesting with all the quirks and resistances. But because the spawn is random and so I need to farm a small army of standard enemies to get to the fun part, I'm strongly incentivized to use my most effective (room-clearing) loadouts, which also make the Lich fight itself totally boring (win-simulator style).

Just let me fight the Lich! Let me spend the however-many hours fighting the Lich a dozen or more times so I can do it with interesting and fun loadouts, with it adapting to all my previous attempts. This would be way more engaging than "don't extract, yet, there's still a few more enemies to press x on before we should leave" and "don't attack the Lich right away, it's going to spawn 10 extra thralls, just... ignore the obvious priority enemy for now!"

Or just let us check a box that says remove Lich rewards and spawn Lich with 100% chance on all Lich-controlled missions. Just... let me do the fun thing!

We gave them walls of amazing ideas in feedback after lich's got released.

Their first major mistake was locking the weapon rewards behind defeating the lich. Murmurs should have been dramatically upped in scale (more thralls in lich nodes, specialty thralls for assassinate/exterminate missions, murmur caches in spies, hidden caches etc), and spent on a more widespread scale. Spend murmurs to subvert or avoid enemy forces, and clear a node from the Lich's influence. Spend murmurs activating a Lich Assassinate mission where they guarantee to spawn. Spend murmurs on unlocking parts of different weapons, or cosmetics, etc. It should have been integrated into the game, rather than be isolated into its own levels, forcing players to grind it out even more deliberately.

But hey. I guess it comes with the territory when you have Devs who have no idea how their game is actually played.

Archived