Update 30: Void Storms Feedback Megathread (Closed)

I've just had a strange bug with Sevagoth parts. I got one and my teammate in the same mission didn't.

This is not on DE, this is supposed to be co-op, can we all have the same rewards please?

2 minutes ago, AltheusVI said:

I've just had a strange bug with Sevagoth parts. I got one and my teammate in the same mission didn't.

This is not on DE, this is supposed to be co-op, can we all have the same rewards please?

Altheus got the Sevagoth Neuroptics (which is the one part of Sevagoth we both needed)...while I got void traces. 

😢

Is this new?  Giving team mates different bonus rewards?  Because it doesn't feel very nice.

Played a few Void Storms what can I say is :

- Too much visual noise the white explosion is horrible if you look at it. The white could be toned down a bit, idk maybe shades od blue? and less brightness. The webbing effect when you're in a void sink could be toned down too. Theres already corpus shooting at you, those annoying electric beam ospreys explosions etc.

- Besides Sevagoth parts idk why I would continue doing Void Storms vs Void fissures (Im talking about relic cracking ) 

Void fissures : Time:  1-2 mins at best but 5 mins on average Id say, Relics :  1 cracked vs 0 or 1 relic rewarded, Traces : around 30

Void Storms Time:  10-15 mins at best, Relics : 1 cracked vs 0 to 5 relics rewarded(1 from Void Storm rewards, 1 from cache POI, 1-2 from side objectives, 1 from mission itself) , Traces : around 100

So my stock of relics is climbing exponentially by doing Void storms and more time is spent to crack a single relic assuming you find reactant (which people seem to have problem finding in Skirmishes ). Id love if we could crack 2-3 at a time or something else.

Edit 1 : about the "webbing" effect on screen for Void Sinks it refreshes it if a 2nd void sink appears in the zone meaning the effect flashes briefly its very annoying.

Edited by Krilexis
more info
  • Like 4
8 minutes ago, TheClockworkCat said:

Altheus got the Sevagoth Neuroptics (which is the one part of Sevagoth we both needed)...while I got void traces. 

😢

Is this new?  Giving team mates different bonus rewards?  Because it doesn't feel very nice.

Did @AltheusVI had max void traces? If so, I believe what happens is that if you have max traces the reward gets re-rolled, which basically gives you a second chance at the Sevagoth parts.

Someone from DE mentioned that.

If this is the case, it would be better to do those missions while having max traces, so you always have that second chance.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Did @AltheusVI had max void traces? If so, I believe what happens is that if you have max traces the reward gets re-rolled, which basically gives you a second chance at the Sevagoth parts.

Someone from DE mentioned that.

If this is the case, it would be better to do those missions while having max traces, so you always have that second chance.

Most likely.  We've been running a good number of Void Storms.  Thank you for explaining this - it makes sense, but it still stings a little.

I was all 'DE loves you more than me!' 

*bottom lip trembling with emotion.

9 hours ago, ebrl said:

if Void Storms were just as fast, we'd be complaining about how regular fissures were going to become dead content instead.

Disagree on this part. Void Fissures will be just as filled as it used to. There is a crowd people who do not want to touch Railjack with 10 foot pole and only wants old school Warframe. Void Fissures can exist for them. Just like Conclave. Plus, DE can always review them later on.

9 hours ago, ebrl said:

You can solo some of these missions in under 3 minutes, 5 if you get a lousy side objective (one of the problems with the game mode itself: big variation on missions of the same type).

Have you tried Veil Void Storms yet? They always spawns 2 side objectives. Please tell me the fastest time to complete them. My average completion time is 10 minutes in Corpus missions, can get even longer in Skirmish because you need over 110 fighter kills and 8 crewship kills.

The missions you mention seems to be Neptune exterminate. They rarely spawn side objectives that is why they are so quick.

We don’t have to make them Capture like efficient, we only need them to match up with the endless void fissures. Hell, if DE thinks that it’s too fast they can always put more side objectives to slow down the mission (Neptune exterminate included) to make them match in terms of reward per time spent. I am okay with that.

• Like 3

As far as I can tell, void fissures (and enemies) tend to only spawn in the area where the host is. This is (usually) a minor problem in normal missions, but more significant in RJ missions.

It means that if the host is piloting (which is normal behaviour) with the rest of the squad doing the away objectives (pois, crewships) then you never get any corrupted enemies, and so no reactant. As soon as the host enters a poi or crewship, then they start spawning, and you can get your reactant.

Edited by schilds
  • Like 1

Wouldn't it be cool if you could crack a relic per objective? Like instead of gathering 10 reactant over the course of the mission, you gather 10 per loaded objective, and break 3 relics in bulk if it's 3 objectives. 4 if it's 4. 

Edited by Azimbee
  • Like 2

I think I’ll echo everybody else with the time spent in Void Storm seems pointless after you get the frame/gun parts. Like some others have said open multiple relics per mission would be good.

I was thinking make it like “survival” on Railjack, every 5 minutes if you got reactant you choose a reward then pick a new relic and go back to the objectives you got left to do since the missions do take roughly 10 to 15 just speed rushing on exterminate.

It could also be a way to farm Sevogath better too. Like A drop (5 minutes) be neuros, B (10) Chassis, C (15) systems drop. Since you’re going to be there for awhile make it worth the effort if you don’t get it wasn’t a complete waste of time. Add decent rewards and not bad mods to the drop table so if you stayed 15 minutes could get one piece and 1.5k endo (500 and 1k reward from B/C) you know where it’s not all for nothing.

Of course need to make sure reactant drops from more than ground crew battles or add more enemies to it.

Edit: or could just add an Assassinate  node that houses the parts for Sevogath that the fight is in a Void Storm like the quest and normal drop rate like the other frames are so once you get the frame don’t worry about a void storm to open relics but regular missions.

Edited by (XBOX)Adams Eden
  • Like 2

Apart from what have already been said (that void storms are useless once sevagoth and epitaph farmed, and that adding multiple relic opening would be great, and that enemies in space should drop reactants, at least in grineer missions), I also feel like the storms are not storms.

Here is a bit of spoiler about the last quest to explain myself :

Révélation

It is said that the tempestarii was lost in a void storm of unprecedented magnitude. However, when you play, void storms are only big beams and explosions. The ship could have been destroyed but lost ?! How bad was the pilot to be lost when the piloting conditions are almost normal ?!

That being said, I really don't feel that storms are storms. No things like overwhelming waves making you drift away, no problems in piloting, I mean, it's really normal piloting conditions. And it shouldn't. Ordis Cy says during storms "it is catergory 5. 5 is the worst by the way.", but where is the strength of the storm ? It only means that I'm getting more epileptic crisis ? Really, there are no challenging conditions for the pilot. Maybe there are for fighters, because enemies are a little bit tougher, but that's barely all.

Thus, I really think that void storms should include large explosions that happen from times to times (and not often !) that push your ship to directions you don't want, that disable your direction for a short time, or make it harder to maneuver (like the big waves on a ship in real life), and things like that, so the fights in space really feel like fighting in the middle of a storm.

Edited by DARKYPANTHER
Edit : As said below, it's not Ordis in railjack
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, DARKYPANTHER said:

Apart from what have already been said (that void storms are useless once sevagoth and epitaph farmed, and that adding multiple relic opening would be great, and that enemies in space should drop reactants, at least in grineer missions), I also feel like the storms are not storms.

Here is a bit of spoiler about the last quest to explain myself :

Hide contents

It is said that the tempestarii was lost in a void storm of unprecedented magnitude. However, when you play, void storms are only big beams and explosions. The ship could have been destroyed but lost ?! How bad was the pilot to be lost when the piloting conditions are almost normal ?!

That being said, I really don't feel that storms are storms. No things like overwhelming waves making you drift away, no problems in piloting, I mean, it's really normal piloting conditions. And it shouldn't. Ordis says during storms "it is catergory 5. 5 is the worst by the way.", but where is the strength of the storm ? It only means that I'm getting more epileptic crisis ? Really, there are no challenging conditions for the pilot. Maybe there are for fighters, because enemies are a little bit tougher, but that's barely all.

Thus, I really think that void storms should include large explosions that happen from times to times (and not often !) that push your ship to directions you don't want, that disable your direction for a short time, or make it harder to maneuver (like the big waves on a ship in real life), and things like that, so the fights in space really feel like fighting in the middle of a storm.

Cy. Quick correction. Ordis would be fun to pilot with.

• Like 1

As others have also mentioned, Void Storm rewards are not the same across the whole team.

Farming the new frame with my clan members and so far I'm the only one who has gotten a complete set even though we all play together.

I got the neuroptics while the others got endo or void traces.
But this doesn't happen every time though, why is it inconsistent of when loot is the same or different.
We have also found that it doesn't matter who is host, it still happens.

Echoing others who say that effects levels and ramp up of explosive fissures is a headache, and overwhelming in a sensory fashion. The sound cue that an explosive fissure has opened is fine, but the overlay to the UI that shows you're close to one of them is a massive eyesore (literally) due to the high opacity and brightness of the void energy overlay. 

Rewards for doing the missions are currently not amazing. Endo, void traces, radiant relics, Sevagoth parts. I get that the drop tables are subject to change, but 300 endo is not a reward. It's a slap in the face. Especially when you can get larger endo rewards in Deimos, an objectively easier area to play. The "rare" radiant relics show up more often than the "uncommon" Sevagoth parts, leading to very large mission numbers needing to be run for a 99.99% chance of getting all the parts. Somewhere in the 80s, if I'm recalling. The additional bonuses are just a drop in the bucket, but they're certainly not disliked. 

• Like 1

My thoughts on Voidstorm stuff:

Voidstorms themselves: Not actually a bad idea. I find them to be a bit.. disappointing all and all but I welcome the fact we can now open our Relics in Railjack. That's cool, I like it. I like railjack, I'll take more Railjack where I can get it. The constant barrage of audio transmissions could use some tweaking, though. Cy comments on the voidstorm "Getting worse" pretty much every minute but not much changes outside of "occasionally there's that little rift boy that hurts you a bit" or "occasionally there's void-lightning thing", and once that's thrown in with how chatty Corpus Captains are, be it their Aurax Fighters, Their Aurax Robots and how the tenno 'ought to sample their wares, or their Shield generators overcharging their fleet, or their Ice Drivers, etc. 

Void Storm Rewards: The big problem I have is that this is.. mid/late game content, right? Or it's meant ot be, anyway. These void storms go up to level 100.. Now, the big problem is that this game just.. doesn't have the best rewards in the first place. Kuva Fissures or Axi Fissures, for example, despite being fairly high level and endless missions going above 100.. there's no real good rewards for it or incentive. This is the same problem with voidstorms. You know what? The fact that doing a veil storm can give 75 traces as a bonus reward? Really, REALLY nice. Actually. But I wish that, for doing longer missions or HARDER missions in a void fissure / storm would give us more traces. I just did a level 90-100 Railjack mission and for it taking abotu 10 minutes? I was given 9 Traces. In 30 minutes, if I'm lucky, I could maybe farm enough traces from a capture to radiant a single relic. From a Lith Fissure. It's not great.

Also: The drop tables are.. not great? I should not be getting control modules from an end of mission reward in railjack. Two control modules instead of.. Sevagoth? Or a sevagoth weapon? or a radiant relic (radiant relics are fantastic by the way. More free ways to get powered up relics is nice.) or bonus traces? You could go to the void and in 3 seconds of shooting the first guy control modules practially burst out of his head like popcorn. End of mission resource rewards are.. kinda moot.

Generally I really do feel that Warframe needs to start scaling its rewards better. If I have no incentive to do a Voidstorm due to Lith captures, for example, with level 5 enemies in it giving more Traces per minute than a Voidstorm, there's not really much of a reason to DO railjack or its voidstorms. Again, the fact we can just get free radiants or a tonne of traces as an end of mission bonus is great. And I'd love to see those stay. But they really should be dropping from their own pool, in my opinion. Not shared with sevagoth parts or weapon parts. It's still endlessly frustrating to get dupes of things you don't need anymore, especially at end game, instead of getting things you need/want but don't as something else (fodder, at this point.) is put in there. Also, just scaling up the minimum / maximum amount of void traces based on level of fissure and tier of fissure is something that should be considered. Players should not be getting 10 or less traces from doing level 100+ content. 

Can you please better communicate the mechanics of Voidstorms? Cephalon Cy keeps saying things during the mission and things keep happening on the UI but I don't understand what any of it means, so I have no reason to change my behavior. Like I still have no idea why I will sometimes get a little turquoise halo around my character.

• Like 1

My feedback is relatively simple. I like the gameplay loop and flow in RJ now.

If it works. Especially in multiplayer there are still so many mission- and squad breaking issues that me and friends went back to playing solo due to something regularily wasting our time together because something broke the entire mission. To name a few: endless loading screens, crewship objectives not spawning or not dying or doors to objectives not opening.

Regarding void storm rewards: it's just not worth the time in comparison to regular fissures. Void storms and I think RJ in general lack long-term sustainability as content. I can't think of any reason to revisit RJ after I'm done with farming the new unique items.

Edited by (PSN)Deeceem

The way reactant is awarded in void storm missions (attached to infantry enemies) is a problem in and of itself but its even exaggerated by the problematic dynamics in RJ missions.  Otherwise it would just work because the rest of the gamemode is healthy.   Fixing reactant would be a bandage, but I'm still on board for adding it to other things like the tear things on the ship or something on the AW map so reactant can be harvested from the space combat.  This post does not cover the obvious issues with hot joining missions and getting no reactant.

Also before the next section: the visual on the little sink things need reworking.  The intense noisy boarder VFX that toggles on the hud does not help in finding the the little white depth-less splotch.  I could do without it unless it helped the player hone in on where they need to shoot.  Its also more productive to tank them with cheese, or leave the ship to do objectives, rather then actually clear them out especially if you have something more pressing to do.  I want a positive reason to deal with them.  "It will hurt you maybe, eventually" doesn't count.  The storm outside the ship feels... irrelevant if you are playing correctly. What do the lines attached to enemy fighters even mean?  Not reactant? 

Cy should shut up if there is nothing new I need to account for.  Its not like there is a time limit or anything.  "Ramsleds, crewships, weapons incoming, system damage."  Combat comms.  I don't mind the laconic humor but I'm also ignoring everything he says.  Is their actually a threat I'm not seeing on the bridge of my superjack?

Its sometimes better to get boarded to make sure there are enough reactant dropping NPCs and I cannot express how stupid that seems to me, as a pilot who interprets being hit by a ramsled as a personal failure.  Is managing reactant starvation suppose to be front and center of the game mode?!  If so, then I'll stop complaining now.  

So what am I talking about?!  RJ is not healthy?!
RJ missions, storm or no, only advance when the tenno is off the ship.  Ship to ship objectives are almost always going to complete faster with only one pilot/player working on them, especially in Corpus proxima.  Because of this, I encounter a lot of undesirable patterns in coop while playing RJ as opposed to normal WF.  This doesn't happen every time, but its often enough to sabotage the experience in public.

If I fly people to objectives, people don't get out to complete them.
    If I get out to complete objectives, I have to limp there in an arch wing.  (the pilot is not prioritizing objective positioning)
    people go AFK in turrets
    people play in turrets when they are needed in the forward gun (skirmish)
    If everyone does everything right in terms of completion time, the mission goes by too fast to actually crack a relic to the tune of 0 reactant.

When the game is being played solo or at a relaxed pace, these issues don't come up, unless you are especially vigilant with artillery proficiency(crew ship TTK is faster ship to ship, do not board them, faded screen bug risk still present) and ram sled avoidance.  The RJ retrofit kind of made this a lot worse when Scott told people (via mechanics) that they weren't going to get intrinsic XP unless they were using RJ consoles/mechanics.  Disclaimer: My intrinsics are maxed so its about as relevant to me as Focus, but I still like to fly.  I'm going to say this again: the mission does not advance while you are on a RJ turret.  You do not generate reactant while on a RJ console.

So whats my actual suggestion/constructive feedback?

Somehow, mechanically encourage people to get off the RJ.  The RJ itself is a great place to sit, recover from carpel tunnel, and wait for someone else to finish the mission while one just waits for something to happen or takes shots one-handed in a turret.   That needs to be discouraged.  The pilot seat is too attractive unless its being competently maned.

Am I being an elitist jerk?  Maybe. Yes, I like flying my ship.  I am the pilot who wants to drop people off at objective as fast as possible and wait patiently for someone to board.  I may in fact be the problem because I have certain synergistic expectations of everyone else.  In a normal mission, the expectation in coop is purely supplemental.  But because of the non linear teamwork involved in RJ, it feels bad when I feel like I need to swap roles because things aren't happening.  Imagine how worse it would be if I couldn't look over their shoulder for confirmation.  You don't know if other players are ignorant, are waiting to take your chair or are just "along for the ride."  Just account for the fact that every time I have to drag the mission forward, a subconscious tally mark is added that keeps RJ below the rest of the game, and by extension other games, in terms of enjoyment.  

This all adds to the notion that there is no real reason to return to RJ fissures after unique rewards are obtained.  

That said, I would still NOT advocate for the simplification of RJ missions to remove that non linear element because its potentially the most interesting thing about the RJ missions (and the most disappointing thing about corpus proxima's "handovers").  But it should be addressed before we try and fix the fissure/storm experience.

TLDR:  
The way reactant is awarded in void storm missions (attached to infantry enemies) is a problem in and of itself.  It needs to be added to other things or removed from the cracking process entirely.

The little sink things need reworking.  From the HUD FX to the game play affects.  I want a positive reason to deal with them.

RJ missions need to entice individuals to take the off the ship objective roles.  Because I am queuing in public alone, this affects me more than others.

Edited by Sahysa
2 minutes ago, Sahysa said:

Also before the next section: the visual on the little sink things need reworking.  The intense noisy boarder VFX that toggles on the hud does not help in finding the the little white depth-less splotch.  I could do without it unless it helped the player hone in on where they need to shoot.  Its also more productive to tank them with cheese, or leave the ship to do objectives, rather then actually clear them out especially if you have something more pressing to do.  I want a positive reason to deal with them.  "It will hurt you maybe, eventually" doesn't count.  The storm outside the ship feels... irrelevant if you are playing correctly. What do the lines attached to enemy fighters even mean?  Not reactant?

I like this idea. I'd also like to know how to limit them spawning, cause Cy seems to act like that's an option.

3 minutes ago, Sahysa said:

Its sometimes better to get boarded to make sure there are enough reactant dropping NPCs and I cannot express how stupid that seems to me, as a pilot who interprets being hit by a ramsled as a personal failure.  Is managing reactant starvation suppose to be front and center of the game mode?!  If so, then I'll stop complaining now.  

I agree that reactant should be dropped from the railjack enemies. They keep getting tethered by the voidstorm, but that doesn't seem to do anything.

8 minutes ago, Sahysa said:

RJ missions need to entice individuals to take the off the ship objective roles.  Because I am queuing in public alone, this affects me more than others.

Honestly, without active comms I don't think that this is going to happen very often in the new railjack since there are more things that could be helpful. Going and completing objectives is helpful, the turrets aren't completely obsolete anymore, the artillery is difficult to predict when the pilot wants to use it, and taking down crewships from the inside gives reactant. With more experienced players, its more likely that everyone fills a helpful role, but its also possible that people try and do the same thing. I think that its understandable for new railjack players to just want to take it all in from the turrets (a lot is happening), but your annoyance is also valid.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, _Tormex_ said:

Honestly, without active comms I don't think that this is going to happen very often in the new railjack since there are more things that could be helpful. Going and completing objectives is helpful, the turrets aren't completely obsolete anymore, the artillery is difficult to predict when the pilot wants to use it, and taking down crewships from the inside gives reactant. With more experienced players, its more likely that everyone fills a helpful role, but its also possible that people try and do the same thing. I think that its understandable for new railjack players to just want to take it all in from the turrets (a lot is happening), but your annoyance is also valid.

Having a chin mounted gun in the artillery seat is going to help with that a lot. 

I feel like the turrets, while being more useful in terms of power are less relevant in terms of mission with pure ship to ship objectives (Gian point et al) disappearing from the roadmap.  Corpus fighters are strategically worthless.  When the chin gun is added, its going to be a question of overkill since no mission actually requires that much direct firepower out of the ship (yet).  Hint Design Hint

General player intelligence is improving but I think we are going to lose all those gains once people get their drops.  More than anything, I appreciate you find some validity in my complaint. 

Also, while we're on the topic of turrets:  The tactical mini-map needs to clarify when people are in turrets/consoles.  Only through experience can I know which position corresponds with the top turret, bottom turret, bow gun, pilot positions.  They are all on top of each other right now.  Maybe have little breakout sections icons snap to when the icon is in a seat.Zj1rPsE.png

2 hours ago, Sahysa said:

Am I being an elitist jerk?  Maybe. Yes, I like flying my ship.  I am the pilot who wants to drop people off at objective as fast as possible and wait patiently for someone to board.  I may in fact be the problem because I have certain synergistic expectations of everyone else.  In a normal mission, the expectation in coop is purely supplemental.  But because of the non linear teamwork involved in RJ, it feels bad when I feel like I need to swap roles because things aren't happening.  Imagine how worse it would be if I couldn't look over their shoulder for confirmation.  You don't know if other players are ignorant, are waiting to take your chair or are just "along for the ride."

I can fully agree with this. With people coming in to Void Storms to farm Sevagoth and Epitath, the social contract has broken down in Railjack quite a bit. It feels like most missions are done entirely by 1 or 2 players, while the other 2-3 sit on the Railjack and just wait to be carried. I've had plenty of missions where I took out the shields on crewships, manned the artillery to destroy them, got off and did the loot dungeon, boarded and completed the side objective alone, flew the Railjack to the Corpus Pillar, boarded it alone, waited 20-30 seconds for another player to join me to start the countdown, and then waited 30 more seconds for the other two players to be forced on to the ship.

Back was getting real sore by the end from all the carrying I had to do, because if I wasn't doing the objectives, people would just sit on the Railjack and wait forever.

The Railjack really needs a "Everyone out" toggle for the pilot, force everyone who isn't physically piloting in to Archwing and seal the hatches so they can't get back on, so that someone will actually go complete an objective for once.

Adding on to the "social contract" issues a bit, and this is now a Railjack-wide issue, but the lack of ability to choose to take your own Railjack causes a lot of problems as well. Everyone gets dumped in to a random Railjack, with a random pilot, and someone with a Railjack with all level 1 components has no place piloting in Void missions. It also means it's far less likely that the pilot will be experienced, so if they're choosing to dink around and not be useful, congratulations, that's more boarding actions and solo work for whoever the one actually useful player is.

Edited by sarcastyx
added emphasis

For the visual effects, i think the void sinks are ok, but they are not anything special that has void like effects, just regular explosions. They should cause some interesting anomalies, like gravity distortion, slow, or even buff from the void energy, or enemies pouring in from the void sink.

However the screen webbing effect is just bad and should be removed. It blocks on screen elements.

• Like 1

Too many effects and no real incentive outside sevagoth and his weapon. I already stop playing void storm cuz i already got everything i need.

My suggestions:

- multiple relics and multiple rewards per person so it would make void storm special and different.

- make it endless. Give choice screen in between missions. Something like defense mission so people can just go home or go on freely.

- tone down or remove the unnecessary effects please... those hurt my eyes...

- also need more mobs density in skirmish missions. Most of the time i didn't get 10 reactants in skirmish

- extra suggestion: choice to be pilot or to be crew in public matchmaking

Meanwhile, i'm just gonna catch up my deimos stuff. Thanks for you hard work.

• Like 1

I feel like recent updates to Railjack are definitely going in the right direction, most of the new modes (except Corpus RJ Defense) are fun when everything works right.
Regarding the void storms though, without rehashing other ppls criticisms or already-reported bugs, I feel like what the Void Storms need is a visual indicator of Storm intensity, and what the effects of that are. Even if it's just a little pop-up like with Conduit effects in Disruption.
It is not clear what the void storm is doing to me or why, how to avoid it, or if there is any way to mitigate being zapped dead (I found operator mode to be helpful somewhat). It seems the recent hotfix may have gotten rid of this mechanic altogether but I think the problem with it was more how incomprehensible the status and situation was to read, rather than it just being 'no good'.

I want to chime in with my two cents and point out that for all the visual noise, none of it gives you the slightest idea where the void sink is other than "nearby."  Maybe have it act like incoming damage and be directional?  Or literally anything other than what you did, k, thanks.

10 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Have you tried Veil Void Storms yet? They always spawns 2 side objectives. Please tell me the fastest time to complete them. My average completion time is 10 minutes in Corpus missions, can get even longer in Skirmish because you need over 110 fighter kills and 8 crewship kills.

The missions you mention seems to be Neptune exterminate. They rarely spawn side objectives that is why they are so quick.

Yes, I was doing Neptune exterminate instead of Veil missions, for the same reason that you would run capture fissures instead of Pluto defense in the star chart. Why are you choosing the most inefficient Void Storms? To "prove" a point to people who can't look through the ruse? The fastest way is to not deliberately choose the slowest missions. It has been that way since long before Void Storms were a thing.