Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30: Void Storms Feedback Megathread (Closed)

[DE]CoreyOnline

I waited a few days worth of hotfixes before trying my first void storms, but still we spent most of the missions standing around waiting for corrupted enemies to spawn to get any reactant.

Adapting Copying the reactant mechanic directly from void fissures did not work out. A railjack-centric reactant mechanic should reward reactant for doing railjack stuff, not doing ground combat stuff because that means players have to seek out ground combat in their space ship missions. This means baiting ramsleds to breach their ship, or standing around for many minutes inside an objective interior and waiting for corrupted enemies to spawn in.

As it is right now, I cannot play void storms because after the longstanding game breaking bugs I have to deal with regularly, I have little patience for a game mode that must be played by standing around and waiting.

Having played Void Storms for a bit, it's possible (and increasingly common) to not get any reactant by the end of the mission.  On Corpus nodes, this is seldom an issue because of the forced ground segment, but on Grineer nodes it's quite prevalent.

The issue comes down to reactant only spawning from foot soldiers (not fighters) and it taking a while before the void storm kicks into gear, converting said foot soldiers into corrupted that can drop reactant.  Pretty often, the crew will complete the objectives and kill all crewships before many, if any, corrupted spawn (there's also blowing up crewships with the dome rather than boarding for reactant, which contributes to the problem).

In short, it takes too long for corrupted to spawn in, especially compared to how fast objectives can be completed.  Increasing the void storm's speed or decreasing it's starting distance is recommended.  Alternatively, allow fighters/crewships to become corrupted and drop reactant in space.

Void sinks (the hazards which explode) become too abundant at level 5 storms.  It is a great concept that increases the tension of void storms, but it becomes nigh impossible to evade their high damage when 3 spawn within close proximity.  I do know they can be shot to destroy them harmlessly, but (a) few players will think to try that and (b) not every player carries a full auto gun (e.g. I've been formaing a Kuva Tonkor for a while).

The frequency of void sinks at max storm intensity is overwhelming.  Downplaying their frequency at this intensity or making them easier to dissipate is recommended.  Frequency of void sinks at lower intensities is fine.

Then there's the void columns acting as hazards to the railjack itself.  From a distance, they are clearly visible and seeing how they tether enemy ships explains how our ship gets damaged near one.  However, up close, it's very difficult to judge the distance to one of these columns due to their lack of hard edges; your only indicators are the void lightning in the cockpit and damage taken.  It took me a few void storms to finally realise what was causing continuous "random" damage to the railjack.  Ultimately, they can still spawn on top of the railjack, making evasive maneuvers difficult, but the low damage offsets this.  It would be nice if there's a bit more telegraph (few seconds worth) when one is about to spawn on top of the ship.

Damaging columns of void energy are hard to discern up close, leading to "random" damage taken.  Even with experience, they can still spawn too close to the railjack.  "Hardening" the edges so they're easier to see up close and adding a few seconds long telegraph to their spawning is recommended.

I want to reiterate, I am excited to have these hazards here; they add to the tension and moment to moment decision making.  However, they're roughly implemented.

Please let us change the "Effects Intensity" settings for more aspects of the game aspects separately.

I love to play with 200% so i can see Warframe in it's beauty. I can see nullifier-bubbles, everything that is "energybased" clearly. 

But sadly I have to set it to 10% (minimum) for void storms, otherwise i can't play one mission without getting headache. But with that I am not able to see nullifier bubbles, my operator zenurik skills and lots of other visuals.

14 hours ago, Gartenk said:

The frequency of void sinks at max storm intensity is overwhelming.  Downplaying their frequency at this intensity or making them easier to dissipate is recommended.  Frequency of void sinks at lower intensities is fine.

Why not have the Void Sinks accompany the Void ruptures that spawn Corrupted Enemies with a guaranteed drop of reactant?

That would kinda alleviate a lot of the reactant issues (that reactant spawns mostly with the hosting player).

Hi! Sorry for the rant, but it is extremely annoying so I would be very glad to have at least some answer to these questions: How EXACTLY do I farm Sevagoth? And what EXACTLY are the drop chances? I have received unreasonable amount of Sevagoth neuroptics while doing different rifts on Neptune and Pluto while getting literally no other part even once. At this point I'm no less than furious. If I'm doing anything wrong, please, let me know.

For me the biggest letdown of voidstorms is not the reward structure or time/reward balance, but...

THE VISUALS

It is a big letdown for me that the voidstorms visually look nothing like what was shown at Tennocon 2019. And it is a big visual downgrade.

What I mean can be seen in the video:

You can notice walls being covered with "void effect". Once Rebecca leaves the galeon the outside space is filled with void energy effects that calmly flows through the space.

The current voidstorms look nothing like that unfortunately.

The skybox is boring and the actual "outside" playable area isn't great.
The only effects we get inside are the exploding fissures that only do a bright blast and the "void" effect that covers the screen.

I really don't want to say it is a lazy visual downgrade, but it kinda looks like it is.

It is baffling to me that the void effect that can be seen in the Tennocon video is in and on the Tempestarii ship.
It is spammed all over the ship (outside and inside) and the ship looks amazing.

What I would want to see is for DE to take this effect that's already in game and spam it everywhere, because it is not bright or annoying and looks great.

Here are some screenshots I made to provide an example (Tennocon left, current build right):

a.png

Warframe0031.jpg

Pretty disappointing I have to say :sadcry:

11 hours ago, 5CH4773NF3U3R said:

Please let us change the "Effects Intensity" settings for more aspects of the game aspects separately.

I love to play with 200% so i can see Warframe in it's beauty. I can see nullifier-bubbles, everything that is "energybased" clearly. 

But sadly I have to set it to 10% (minimum) for void storms, otherwise i can't play one mission without getting headache. But with that I am not able to see nullifier bubbles, my operator zenurik skills and lots of other visuals.

Yes this, DE please pay attention here ..

12 hours ago, AureliusVarro said:

Hi! Sorry for the rant, but it is extremely annoying so I would be very glad to have at least some answer to these questions: How EXACTLY do I farm Sevagoth? And what EXACTLY are the drop chances? I have received unreasonable amount of Sevagoth neuroptics while doing different rifts on Neptune and Pluto while getting literally no other part even once. At this point I'm no less than furious. If I'm doing anything wrong, please, let me know.

You're doing what you're supposed to do.  It's just RNG.  Void storms in Neptune, Pluto or the Veil can drop all 3.  Every one of the storms has a 10% drop chance for each of the 3 parts.  So any of the storms in those 3 zones can drop any of his parts.  You do not have to crack the relic to get the part drop.  Just complete the mission.

For my own sanity, I farmed these mostly (after the first few tries) solo in Veil Grineer skirmishes.  I found that trying to play these publicly meant that about half the time the mission didn't start correctly (I'd join, go to loading screen, and there'd be some error taking me back to my Orbiter).  About a third of the time I'd load into a Railjack that had under 2k hull health.  So I just went solo (my Railjack is all MK 3) and did exclusively skirmishes.  Probably took longer than doing exterminates with a group, but it was good for my sanity.  Especially with the headache-inducing visuals that void storms have.  I found the Corpus ground missions just ended up littered with the void split things, and caused headaches.  Every mission was smooth, and I never once even tried to crack my relic.  Kill all fighters and crewships, do POIs.  Engineer and two gunners made it all easy.

I had 6 systems and 5 chassis before I got my first neuroptics drop (I'll need a second neuroptics if I want to Helminth this frame soon, but I don't really want to do Void Storms ever again due to the visuals).

The weapon was even easier, as you can solo skirmishes in the lower zones (Earth) very easily.

I got my second sevagoth set and his weapon. From now i will not run any void storm mission. It's pointless for me bc rewards are poor. Common resourses? 700(+\-) endo? It's the same pleasure as to get 2k credit points from SP mission. And infinite sevagoth parts in reward table? Why do i need them?
Right now void storm is loosing to fissure.
I really love the idea written below. With such rewards me and my friends will be glad to play void storms. 

В 13.04.2021 в 22:22, HelmetTooTight сказал:

you just get the reward for all relics cracked open during the Void Storm (in essence, multi-relic cracking)! i.e. if you have a full squad of 4, you would get all of the four relic rewards instead of picking just one of the four like in a Fissure. This way, you would be rewarded for spending the extra time cracking the relic in the Void Storm, and increase the efficiency of people going out of their way to recruit doing radshares and whatnot.

Important
Don't just let us open multiple relics in one void storm

Atm it can be inefficient compared but if you just make general adjustment it creates future problems

Main problems are

1) diluted droptable e.g. Valkyr prime
2) solo play experience e.g. So much backtracking ergo time waste
3) reactant e.g. Feels like it's own objective/own focus to reach that, used to counter afk in multiply and normal done while active playing
4) Difference of Task e.g pilot into front cannon, destroying fighters into defense missions (hard to adjust load out and mental)

DON'T make adjustment that will benefit multilayer or we get something like eidolon hunt where the difference between solo and not are tenfold, and most people won't even hassle with it (same with public) (sure I know some have fun with it but I also know a lot of people who quit because of that and telling that as the main reason not to start with warframe)

Finally I hope for the right changes, so that void storm/railjack feels fun and rewarding without being demanding and tryhard

I am also here to complain about the blinding fx that need to be toned down like 90% or more.

The game mode takes way too long for reward. I got lucky and already have Sevigoth and Epithaph but it'll likely be a while before I get the dang second Sevigoth for Helminth. 

Also this is the update you've been teasing forever? One that takes 10 minutes if you go slow? No wonder my clan is dead.

Here's my main beef with the mode: why punish players for coming in late on a mode thats going to depopulate fast due to nobody wanting to play it long term in its current state? I come in to farm parts and crack some relics while I'm at it, and see my squad has 8/10 reactant, while I start at 0. They're already about to finish all objectives. Now, if I want to crack the relic, I need to do a nigh impossible task and get 10 reactant before they finish dome shotting ships- that group got their last 2 on my way to a ship, I got 6 more there, couldn't even warp before they killed the rest of the ships. They can't collect reactant for me, because surprise surprise, I came in late so the 8 they collected doesn't count for me and they can't pick up any beyond the 10 they got. This is an issue with regular cracks as well on certain mission types, due to the corrupted enemies not spawning for no reason near the end, but usually that's a rare issue, or in the one case where everyone got 9/10, we just ran the map until more spawned in... 10 minutes later... You know what, maybe the whole relic crack system needs a revamp in that regard, it's been an issue for far longer than I've played the game, and bringing it into Railjack is just compounding it.

If you're going to pool the reactant count, POOL THE REACTANT COUNT. Players shouldn't come in expecting to crack relics only to get stuck babysitting a ship where they can't get reactant, come in to a group that lets them fly off but is too far along to help, or groups that ignore the reactant altogether because they care far more for farming out the parts for Sevigoth or Epitath, because all of this has put me off of ever wanting to do a Void Storm ever again after getting the parts for those. There's no point to being constantly screwed over on a mode that's meant for relic cracks.

So after a week of testing and stuff what to say about this void storms: Well i do like it the multiples objective are fine it's just that at the end of mission you feel .... meh all this for just this,, i think invasions should be reworked  the same way, 1 mission 3 objectives and 3 mini bosses ( liches ranked from 3 to 5 eventually ).

I also think that being able to open multiple relics should be a thing ( 1 per objective ) OR reward 1 relic per objective, the increased overall rewards at the end is fine but still is a bit short for the time invested in this mission type,  this game isn't a job for your entire playerbase you know, so if you stay grindy AF at least be less greedy, afterall they won't open themselves so more relics more time played to open them.

Also Storms are clearly designed for a squad and would be nice if it was scaling from solo to full squad for those who aren't able to play in public/group, it's doable solo but the hairiness is quite high and those fissure that explode in/through walls are quite problematic since even if you close as much as possible there is more likely two who will pop in your back and double one shot you, so i don't ask to turn it as a walk in the park for solo players just tune it down a tiny bit.

Same for orphix spawning rate who seems to be extremely fast now, somewhere between original event and now should be better, but yet again it's only a single player problem 😅in a squad it's a walk in the park once you have one player at each spawn area.

Overall it's fun and engaging once you are used to it ( although railjack defense mission are quite pointless ) even challenging in solo but won't be extremely popular, High risk missions poor rewards pool, a few will play it casually but the majority will disregard it once they got farmed Frame and weapons which is sad, because you did something nice with this update, i guess working from home isn't helping it but i'm sure you will find out a way to make this more interesting for the majority, even tuning things down for solo mode isn't really needed at least you won't fall asleep during those missions and rage quit after being killed by sneaky fissure blowing though walls behind you for the 4rth time in 2 minutes ^_^, just my 2 cents.

I think the strength of the new armor sevagoth in the high-level map is too weak, and its survivability is extremely poor. The positioning of the armor itself is very vague. I hope the official can pay attention to the development and improvement of the armor. If it's just handsome in appearance, but it's not practical, and the pay and return are not proportional, it's too much.

As it stands once everyone has Sevagoth they are done with Void Fissures. 

Maybe take a little piece from the Lich system, add additional drops of Forma Fragments or Orokin Reactor/Catalyst Fragments that after gathering enough can be traded in for buildable blueprints from our Lovely NPCs wo deserve their own web comics (Ticker's past,  Loid and Otak, etc.) 

Also just a personal wish.  Would love to see a Railjack Captura scene or two. One interior, one Exterior free flight area or something along those lines.  These would make good Rare drops for void storms

Really disappointed that they took away energizing shot away from Epitaph.... I am fine with it not working on the AoE quick shots, but it would have been nice for you to still be able to use it on the non-AoE charged shots. I thought this would be a nice change of pace from the Kuva Nukor, which can have energizing shot, but no more. Back to using Kuva Nukor for everything. It isn't like Kuva Nukor isn't overused or anything.

Call of the Tempestarii got me back playing after a break since... more than a year with a small dip for the infested, so well done on the marketing. It seemed like the right time to try railjack and I've enjoyed it so far. My highest hopes were for the void storms BUT

- Corpus missions are kinda annoying. I see the point of them and how this could become a new way to play the game instead of starting from the orbiter, but as it is, if I want to play Railjack, then I don't really want to sit in a ground mission. A quick one-vault spy, or exterminate or capture, sure, but I play railjack when I want fast paced stuff, sitting still for a defense is really jarring.

- Grineer missions just don't spawn reactant reliably enough to be worth playing for relics. Not only do they take a WHILE compared to a ground mission that could be used to crack relics, but I think I have something like a 20% success rate of actually opening the relic. It's sort of ok if you're farming for Sevagoth or the Epitaph, but in the long term, that is a terrible reward for your time.

Overall, as it is, once i've gotten one of both the new drops, I'm unlikely to even consider these modes unless I want to just goof around with no real goal in mind. It's not worth it for relics and it won't be worth it for mission rewards either once you get the new stuff, because duplicates of the new stuff is not desirable.

Redeeming quality: It's pretty fun. If opening relics wasn't uncommon or much slower than in ground missions, I'd play it instead of ground missions.

Good concept, not so good execution.

Hey everyone,

i wanted to share some Feedback on Void Storms. I´m honestly very dissapointed in the Rewards the Missions have to offer. I´m not the first one to point out, that the MIssion feels very unrewarding and not worth doing and is just way to slow, in terms of opening Relics. The Missions themself are very fun and i would love to play more of them, but when i can do a Void Fissure which takes ~3 min, i just don´t see any reason to do so. The issue boils down to this: Void Storms are fun, but other Missions offer much better Rewards for less time spent. Since Void Storms are very late game content, this seems especially egregious.

Here is my suggestion: Remove all Ressources from the Reward Pool and change them to Relics, Endo, Forma, Aura Forma or something of that Nature. It feels like a bad joke to go through all the challenge and Grind to farm and Build my Railjack, to get myself into the position to do the Void Storms efficiently, just to get some Ressources. So changing those to better Rewards would be a great improvement. 

Next up are the Relics. A Void Storm Mission takes 8- 15 minutes, depending on the Mission. I would say a very conservative estimate is, that it takes 3x times as long as a regular Void Fissure. So let us open 3 Relics at once. Here is how i imagine that working: In Void Storm you should be able to open multiple Relics at once, but only your own Relics. So you don´t get to choose, like in Fissures, at the end of the Mission. This would mitigate UI Issues and would be an alternative to Void Fissures. Fissures would be better for precise farming, since you have the option to choose 1 of 4 Rewards and Void Storms would be better for opening multiple Relics fast, but only if you have enough Relics in the first place and with less effective Results, since you can´t opt out of Rewards you don´t want. - This would be a great improvement in my opinion. 

greetings r0ckwolf

Archived