Update 30: Void Storms Feedback Megathread (Closed)

I only have 1 request. Force players to play their first void storm solo aswell as forcing them to collect the 10 reactant to unlock the relics. I've had to for every single party I've been in tell them to stop blowing up crewships, otherwise we get no reactant and thus never open any relics.

Anything to get people to understand that destroying all the spaces at which enemies can spawn is a bad idea.

• Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb PhiThagRaid:

I only have 1 request. Force players to play their first void storm solo aswell as forcing them to collect the 10 reactant to unlock the relics. I've had to for every single party I've been in tell them to stop blowing up crewships, otherwise we get no reactant and thus never open any relics.

Anything to get people to understand that destroying all the spaces at which enemies can spawn is a bad idea.

Agree

On 2021-04-13 at 9:22 PM, HelmetTooTight said:

It should be noted that it doesn't require you to play the Quest before jumping into a Void Storm (not that it matters, since the quest doesn't involve a tutorial in the Void Storm gameplay mechanic). In a sense, it's pretty intuitive since it's just copy pasted from Fissures, but also rather poorly explained in which there was some giant FX-bugged bubble on my RJ that oneshot my NPC crew member. The effects of the Storm are pretty unclear for starters: Cy is saying some really foreboding stuff that seems like there's a timer but who knows?

Overall, it seems like a more long-winded version of a normal fissure. Once you've farmed all the Sevagoth parts, I think in general most people will abandon Void Storms in favor of fissures just by virtue of the latter being much faster....

One way to solve this is this: instead of "picking" your relic reward, you just get the reward for all relics cracked open during the Void Storm (in essence, multi-relic cracking)! i.e. if you have a full squad of 4, you would get all of the four relic rewards instead of picking just one of the four like in a Fissure. This way, you would be rewarded for spending the extra time cracking the relic in the Void Storm, and increase the efficiency of people going out of their way to recruit doing radshares and whatnot.

Then people would use mostly the void storms INSTEAD of normal fissures. lol

I think the problem relies on the core gameplay more and mission types on normal star chart. Though multi-relic cracking seems like an interesting idea. :^)

i can only run extermination void storms solo as soon other players  enter the game literraly has the cache allready over full just by another player. reduce the amount of mission data its to big on the cache to run it with other players.

it then starts to break like get weapon stuck halv  loaded, equipment data disapearing, due to other player/s overwrite game cache that the break the host game data. mods not loading,  character fall threw floors and more.

i can barely run railjack 3 mission befor game cache falls aparts due to being full.

please add a player command where one can force reset game cache at orbiter.

the necramechs applicate breaks the game cache faster due to it being a big data area.

the void storms need be reduce to one maybe 2 objectivs to fit all the player cache data or reduce object file size that make it less cache data instensif.

main issue atm is cache falls apart to fast it atm only works during solo play.

normal ground missions less cache intense.

there needs major corpus railjack cache optimisations be done and reduces data files sizes to make it work better.

so major data and data file reduction is nessasseray for necramech and railjack to make it more use able.

also i run it on a playsation 4 pro and have over 300 gb free on hardrive space it just the game cache provided by the playsation OS hits the cache  limit extremly fast and so causes bugs. what indictes the need of better data compression is nessassary. or data reduction or both.

Edited by (PSN)chrdragon
edit to typo and clarify
  • Like 1

Please, allow the use of the gear wheel while piloting the railjack. The energy management is a huge issue while piloting, and having to leave the pilot seat to use an energy pizza before return to piloting is killing the whole momentum and make it even worse.

Or as many already suggested it, dissociate again the energy of the warframe from the Railjack and bring back the Flux Capacity. The current system only benefits a few frames and handicaps many others.

• Like 6

En 19/4/2021 a las 0:49, Cerikus dijo:

For me the biggest letdown of voidstorms is not the reward structure or time/reward balance, but...

THE VISUALS

It is a big letdown for me that the voidstorms visually look nothing like what was shown at Tennocon 2019. And it is a big visual downgrade.

What I mean can be seen in the video:

You can notice walls being covered with "void effect". Once Rebecca leaves the galeon the outside space is filled with void energy effects that calmly flows through the space.

The current voidstorms look nothing like that unfortunately.

The skybox is boring and the actual "outside" playable area isn't great.
The only effects we get inside are the exploding fissures that only do a bright blast and the "void" effect that covers the screen.

I really don't want to say it is a lazy visual downgrade, but it kinda looks like it is.

It is baffling to me that the void effect that can be seen in the Tennocon video is in and on the Tempestarii ship.
It is spammed all over the ship (outside and inside) and the ship looks amazing.

What I would want to see is for DE to take this effect that's already in game and spam it everywhere, because it is not bright or annoying and looks great.

Here are some screenshots I made to provide an example (Tennocon left, current build right):

a.png

Warframe0031.jpg

Pretty disappointing I have to say :sadcry:

This. Just this, this would improve the visual concept of voidstorms by 100 times. It also something really easy to implement since its already on the Tempestarii Railjack. Please DE, take notes, the current Visual FX looks a bit cheap compared to that demo shown in 2019.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Yulfan said:

Please, allow the use of the gear wheel while piloting the railjack. The energy management is a huge issue while piloting, and having to leave the pilot seat to use an energy pizza before return to piloting is killing the whole momentum and make it even worse.

Or as many already suggested it, dissociate again the energy of the warframe from the Railjack and bring back the Flux Capacity. The current system only benefits a few frames and handicaps many others.

And as I discovered yesterday, if you drop a pizza and jump in a turret, the energy pulses can't actually reach you in the turret.

Bring back flux DE. 

Edited by (XBOX)DS Monkfish
  • Like 7

The Energy management is really bad. HAving it linked to the Warframe makes the Railjack feel impotent when i bring the wrong Warframe. Lavos has been a fovourite to use, beacause th CD System actually works really well. Maybe Cooldowns should be just how the system works in generall. That would make room for Mods or Parts that have CD-REduction. 

• Like 10

I absolutely love voidstorm and railjack missions. However, I do think that they could stand with a buff of some kind to make them worth running. Like a sort of "alternative" to regular void fissure missions. Something that makes the added difficulty worth it other than sevagoth/epitaph parts, as after you have these, there is really no reason to keep running them. I would personally keep running the void storms mode, as it is really fun for me, but I would like more of an incentive to do so. I think that if you buff the void storm missions, it would start empyrean missions on the path to having some sort of higher purpose other than being just a less efficient game type from the core mode. Keep up the great work DE

An Issue I have specifically with it is that it simply feels really lazy. Played an exterminate one today which required us to do multiple exterminate missions for a single mission reward.
It would be excusable if it was actually a somewhat unique game mode, but it is just slapping a few modes in a row.
Maybe void storms bring escalating but random debuffs (or even buffs) and more and more difficult enemies start appearing. Every objective done is another relic and after every relic you get the option to leave or stay.

You know, like something other than "kill X enemies" x 3 or whatever as it is now for a tiny reward. As it is now, you might as well just do a normal relic run 3 times. If it had its own mode then people might actually think it is worth playing.

• Like 2

Il y a 11 heures, r0ckwolf a dit :

The Energy management is really bad. HAving it linked to the Warframe makes the Railjack feel impotent when i bring the wrong Warframe. Lavos has been a fovourite to use, beacause th CD System actually works really well. Maybe Cooldowns should be just how the system works in generall. That would make room for Mods or Parts that have CD-REduction. 

I am also in favor of a system of cooldowns for skills. Not only would this put all frames on par, but it would also encourage players to actively use Railjack weapons and maneouvers rather than spamming seeker volley. Seriously, I can't count the number of times I've seen people trying to brute force everything. It might work with the grineer crewship shields, but I was just hallucinating when one day I saw someone desperately attempting to shoot a corpus crewship head-on with everything they had (despite our explanations that he had to turn around to destroy the generator) …

I always try to take control of the Railjack because I find it very fun to fly with it. I love pulling off insane movements around the environment, incapacitating crewships with few well placed shot and overall flying through the battlefield at high speed. Honestly, the feels sometime reminds me dogfights in Elite Dangerous ^^ (obviously not quite the same, but it's a nice lite version).

Can we please get something like the end of wave x*5 screen for the end of Voidstorm missions? Or end of railjack missions in general? One group chooses to go with the ship, the other gets booted back to their orbiter? And, while the drydocks are pretty, can we please get the option to just go back directly to the orbiter? It's really tiresome and computer resource intensive to load some dojos. And having to go from RJ -> Drydock -> Orbiter feels kinda like having to hit stop -> fast forward -> play instead of next scene. It's a small UX thing, but I have to wonder if it would cut down on infinite loading bugs.

• Like 5

Lack of Enemies to complete Missions

I had been playing a couple of Grineer Void Storms in Veil Proxima, but I usually end up like short of dozens or even a couple Figthers from 100+

I have my suspicions that the grineers that are being blown up by the Void Fissures aren't taken into account by the system(not sure, but this would be the first time since we have some Hyper Environment hazards destroying our Objectives). Either that, or the system bugs out somewhere and stops spawning NPCs to complete the Skirmish. There's also been one time(my last game) where there was like a moment of silence, where no single NPC Ship spawned, and it stood like that for like half minute to a minute.

• Like 2

I honestly wouldn't mind Void Storms so much, and could ignore the fact that they're so visually busy/eye-boggling and that they're literally relic missions but crappier bc you spend more time for the same reward level, if they actually worked correctly. 

Bf and I have had to restart these missions more times than I can even conceive at this point due to crewships NOT spawning so we cannot clear the objectives, some of them being killed by the Environmental DMG and then not counting towards the objectives and then on top of it enemies, or at least the crewships will not continue to spawn so you literally can't complete the missions for various reasons. It constantly feels like there's network lag as well, so things are jittering around nonstop, the last phases of each mission are incredibly de-synced. I'll pop into the kid for void dash, and my warframe and I are both teleporting backwards around rooms upon swapping in and out so you take even longer to get through these giant-ass tilesets.  The visual offense in the mission type where you have to blow up the corpus vents is also just obscene. Between the fire, constant enemy spawn, weapon effects, and the void shard things exploding, you can't see a damn thing. And god help anyone who has epilepsy, and if you don't you might develop it from playing those.

It could just be that I have bad eyesight in general, but I also cannot for the life of me tell where the void storm edges/damage areas actually are in the RailJack segments. I can't tell how close to them I am, nor how far away I need to be to stop taking damage bc they're weirdly-flat textures and also very transparent.

We need more ways to get reactant drops in Void Storms, and preferably ways to get drops that don't require leaving the railjack. It seems especially bad on Grineer missions, where you can easily clear the POI without seeing a single reactant drop, meaning you basically have to sit around and wait to be boarded. Maybe completing objectives should award 3-6 reactant, maybe reactant can drop from enemy ships, maybe the explodey void shard things that appear inside the railjack could be interacted with somehow ('heal' with omni like a ship hazard?) to have a 10% chance to drop a reactant.

• Like 3

Sevagoth parts should not be in the drop tables. They detract from the evergreen reward potential that the missions could have.

Void Storms should award Void Storm Anomaly Shards that can be traded in for Sevagoth parts or evergreen rewards with Little Duck in Fortuna, just like the Sentient Anomaly shards already work. The currently existing Void Storm drop table rewards can be put there.

As it stands, Corpus Railjack isn't rewarding enough to be worth doing. The affinity gain nerf alone already severely detracted from the appeal to continue doing Corpus Railjack after all the unique rewards have been earned. Grineer Railjack not only is faster, it's more fluent and better integrated, rewarding coordination and skill in a manner that isn't true for Corpus Railjack.

Void Storms in Grineer Railjack are also not consistent with regards to void trace drops. This could be easily fixed by having fighters and crewships become corrupted and drop void traces.

So what you have is that Corpus Railjack isn't rewarding or fun enough for anyone to want to do them with the Void Storm modifier. And Grineer Railjack, which despite the affinity nerfs still has a purpose for intermediary players for credits and endo, has problems with the Void Storm modifier that make it unappealing.

The Void Storm AoE hazards add no compelling gameplay.

Void Storms are pretty much dead as soon as a significant portion of the playerbase has finished farming Epitaph and Sevagoth. Corpus Railjack isn't saved by Void Storms and Grineer Railjack doesn't spawn void traces consistently enough.

If the foundation that Void Storms were built on (29.10) was better, we may be in a different situation. But you chose to instead push on regardless and release update 30 before it or 29.10 were ready.

• Like 4

I basically agree with everything Pixxel_5 said.

Corpus have way too many time sinks in a mission type that is already greatly longer than the average mission with subpar rewards for the amount of time taken. Side objectives like taking out autofactories and such should be limited to 1 per mission, maybe 2 in the veil, and the amount of interference drones should be cut down, as well as the possible spawn distances for them. I've had them spawn 950 meters apart. That's just ridiculous.  Unlike Grineer, where a team of 4 can greatly accelerate the mission by accomplishing multiple objectives at once, you can't do that on the Corpus side - you do the RJ parts, then you do the mission part.

I dislike the void storms. They're essentially just big area of effect nuisances that you can't do anything about. I'm ok with them existing, but it's a bit annoying to park my railjack 8k away from a mission objective because any closer results in the ship constantly taking damage.

• Like 2

When entering a void storm in the veil proxima, if the base mission is currently in an anomaly state then even when you select a void storm in that mission you only end up doing the base mission without any void stuff. This is happening every time as well on my end. 

Also after a couple hot fixes, the "railjack electrical failure" bug is still a major issue. i.e once your Railjack gets hit with a electric failure that causes the ui to go staticy like a magnetic proc, even after repairing the electrical failure spot the static persists even between missions. I can't understate how frustrating and impeding this is when voidstorm is already a huge sensory overload 

The explosive void storm spam needs to be addressed. Half the time you get hit by three invisible fissures and get one shot, the rest of the time I am surprised you aren't facing lawsuits from killing epilepsy-prone players IRL (and I am not really even joking, these storms will trigger someone to have a fit). Being blown to pieces inside the railjack while locked in the relic reward selection screen at the end of a mission is also not fun.

Change the visual completely, and massively cut (or remove) the fissure spam inside the Railjack itself.

• Like 3

Volatile Voidstorm missions are kinda ridiculous. The void wells spawn constantly while you are required to fight enemies and defend multiple different objectives in different stages of the missions. And apparently the way voidstorms work at the moment, standing still is the number one way to die in voidstorm missions since the spawn rate of the unavoidable and highly damaging void wells ramps up the longer you stay in one spot.

The missions sections where you are chased around by the unavoidable electrical charges were already pretty annoying, but adding the unavoidable void wells to the list of things chasing you around the map dealing heavy damage as you attempt to do anything just adds to the frustration exponentially.

Then the final section of the volatile missions is pretty much unplayable single player in the current state. Void wells spawn at an increasingly high rate pretty much everywhere in both of the rooms dealing a constant stream of damage while hoards of corrupted and corpus attack you. Just surviving is difficult enough, but while that is happening you need to simultaneously be managing the heat of the reactor and keep it in the white bars and kill all of the engineers that spawn. It is impossible to tell which vent is the weak one at any given moment without looking at the mini-map which isn't easy considering the sheer number of threats you have to deal with. And the engineers and vents tend to spawn on opposite sides of the map. The combination of all of these things means that one knockdown can spell the difference between success and failure very easily.

Also, the visual feedback given by the void wells just adds to the disorientation and makes the mission just feel unplayable.

With four players, the balance for the volatile missions is better, but people still get killed by the voidstorms on a regular basis, particularly when waiting for the next mission to start. The voidstorms dealing damage would be okay gameplay-wise if we had some sort of method for avoiding the damage. At the moment, we technically can shoot the center of the disturbance, but the window is short, they take a lot of ammo to dispatch, and often spawn to fast for this to be worth the effort. I'm not really sure why void demons would be affected by explosions of void energy anyway, but whatever.

On 2021-04-19 at 2:29 PM, (XBOX)Catch Lightning said:

I am also here to complain about the blinding fx that need to be toned down like 90% or more.

The game mode takes way too long for reward. I got lucky and already have Sevigoth and Epithaph but it'll likely be a while before I get the dang second Sevigoth for Helminth. 

Also this is the update you've been teasing forever? One that takes 10 minutes if you go slow? No wonder my clan is dead.

It took you 10 minutes to farm Sevagoth, Ephitaph, try the new void storm missions, and complete the quest?

On 2021-04-17 at 7:05 PM, MrFrog9 said:

(I was actually assuming from the get-go we'd be opening multiple at once, and was stunned when I was in fact only prompted to choose one relic!)

I agree with everything else that you said, but why in the world was your assumption that DE would do a completely unprecedented reward setup that they have never even given the slightest indication that they would want to do? Like, I understand why you would want them to do that, but assuming that DE is going to fulfill a ridiculous pipe dream when they've given no indication that they would ever do that makes no sense.

Looks like plenty of others have already said the same thing but I'll add another feedback point regarding the Void Storm explosion graphics AND frequency.

At least during the Neptune and Pluto VOLATILE missions, the frequency of the void explosions is a bit too much for my taste. I kind of "get" what the intent was -- maybe a sort of urgency and danger you typically don't find in other missions, but when you're also dealing with swarms of non-stop spawning enemies, and this intrusive full-screen void energy effect, mission objectives, AND explosions happening happening in quick succession, it heavily encourages the player to just go for the "faceroll meta" -- something that can easily just tank hits and rock the entire map with AOE effects.

Also, it's pretty lame that I can't even type to my teammates in peace after a mission due to overlapping void explosions downing me on my own ship.

I heavily play Mirage, and while I can manage in various ways, it's almost tedious, especially when my usual defense mechanisms are nearly invalidated. It's just as bad during the hacking sub-events with the jamming drones, where you have to avoid the ground pulses -- there's just too much crap happening at once. Extermination missions aren't as bad since you're constantly on the move, and you're taking out small packs instead of being swarmed from multiple directions.

In a bit of a humorous reversal, Limbo might actually be a good frame to easily avoid all the explosion spam (haven't tried it though).

summary:

1. Remove the full-screen void energy effect -- I don't see what the point of this is, especially since it doesn't give an indication of what direction the explosion will be happening from.

2. Reduce the frequency of explosions, especially within the same general area.

3. I think the graphic effect of the explosions themselves may need to be adjusted somehow, but I play on lower settings and it's not quite as obnoxious as some others' videos are. That said, I wish they were a bit more obvious somehow while also being less noisy. Maybe make the build-up more obvious, but tone down the actual explosion effect?

4. It'd be nice if hacking interruption pulses had a short delay on spawning before actually interrupting, assuming it doesn't already work that way.

22 hours ago, _Tormex_ said:

I agree with everything else that you said, but why in the world was your assumption that DE would do a completely unprecedented reward setup that they have never even given the slightest indication that they would want to do? Like, I understand why you would want them to do that, but assuming that DE is going to fulfill a ridiculous pipe dream when they've given no indication that they would ever do that makes no sense.

i never said i was a sensible human being lol

• Like 2

One of the things that should be done to address the perishable mission reward complaints in void storms and increase their time value is make them all "upgrade fissures" by changing the relic eras awarded in the base mission.  This is one of the main things I consider when choosing a fissure to run for XP or relics (not a specific part).

If you understood that sentence, the rest of the post is optional reading.  I hope this gets seen.

What is an upgrade fissure?
When I look at a relic cracking mission, I grade it based on the regeneration rate and type of the involved relics in the drop table.
If the underlying mission has a chance to reward the same era relic, running that mission "flips" the relic, trading time for ducats and refreshing the player's library.
If the underlying mission has a chance to reward a lower era relic, running that mission "downgrades" the relic when opening it.  I call this a downgrade fissure.  
If the underlying mission has a chance to reward the same or higher era relic, running that mission "upgrades" the relic when opening it.  I call this an upgrade fissure.  This offers value that should be exploited as a carrot.  

What is regeneration rate?
The chance a relic is earned when running any given fissure event.  Put relic in, get relic and part back.  Keep in mind, that for me to consider a mission to have any regeneration rate, there has to be a chance to get a relic from the general pool of relics, including from the current PA.  Void missions are principle examples of good regeneration rates but often downgrade the relic.  

Why do I think this can help void storms?
Void storm and RJ revisited drop tables are not as easy to estimate the regeneration rate on as say survival or intercept.  If I add up all the chances to get a relic in Veil/R-9 Cloud, it's over 100%.  That's fantastic!  Almost worth the time but there are some caveats.  
To get all the rolls, the cache must be opened, so there could be some MM/MP issues there and no Skirmish mission is acceptable.  One third of the chances are diluted by the Void Storm specific relics, which is a problem if you are looking for PA.  But most importantly, half of them are Neos while the input relic is Axi. 

Because all of the Veil missions reward Neo relics in their base table / no RJ mission rewards Axi relics in the base table, all void storms are downgrade fissures.

That alone is reason enough for me to ignore them outside of unique rewards.  Completion time and Skirmish mode issues are just icing on the sad cake.  And I want to play RJ so this is just a long argument to make the relic related rewards superior to the classic fissure even if they are slower. 

PS: speed up the “run around and kill drones and wait for a progress bar” objective by 2-3 times and make those maps smaller. Please. They are lame.