Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30: Void Storms Feedback Megathread (Closed)

[DE]CoreyOnline

On 2021-04-25 at 4:31 PM, Zaniel_Aus said:

The explosive void storm spam needs to be addressed. Half the time you get hit by three invisible fissures and get one shot, the rest of the time I am surprised you aren't facing lawsuits from killing epilepsy-prone players IRL (and I am not really even joking, these storms will trigger someone to have a fit). Being blown to pieces inside the railjack while locked in the relic reward selection screen at the end of a mission is also not fun.

Change the visual completely, and massively cut (or remove) the fissure spam inside the Railjack itself.

No worries. Autoexposure (instead of a toggle for adaptive exposure like we had it before) in regular game already does that since last June / July. I'm just happy to see that at least the storms have been addressed according to the patch notes. (I just read it, didn't dare trying myself tbh. and I "only" have migraines.).

I really appreciate the recent changes to the visual clutter and noise that was plagueing voidstorms as it's much better now, but with that out of the way I think there's a lot of non-visual related things that can be improved!

Number one for me would have to be that you have to return to dry dock in order to claim all of the relics you farmed throughout the missions. I think it would be much smoother if we could do a mission, get the rewards from that mission, and then immediately load up whatever relics we got from that mission into the new one. It would allow for players to go on long streaks of prime farming and the like which I think many of us would love.

2 hours ago, xXDerpzXx said:

I really appreciate the recent changes to the visual clutter and noise that was plagueing voidstorms as it's much better now, but with that out of the way I think there's a lot of non-visual related things that can be improved!

Number one for me would have to be that you have to return to dry dock in order to claim all of the relics you farmed throughout the missions. I think it would be much smoother if we could do a mission, get the rewards from that mission, and then immediately load up whatever relics we got from that mission into the new one. It would allow for players to go on long streaks of prime farming and the like which I think many of us would love.

Yes, it was possible. At least it was possible with the fifth bonus that VOID FISSURE's Endless mission has.
I think it would be more reasonable to have the same behavior with the Railjack mission (Void Storm), which acts as a pseudo Endless mission.

Skirmish Void Storms in multiplayer squad often have insufficient reactants.

Worst, with "Skirmish complete" then a few seconds later, we get 10 reactants from lots of enemies inside Railjack.  Lotus says "The relic has been cracked opened. Finish your mission to find out what's inside". Relic does not open, just a small amount of void traces.

I think they need to change the whole reactant gathering for railjack. It's far too slow and uncertain you even get the 10 reactants to open the relics

Suggestions: 

#1.Add dangerous areas that you can stay in and get reactant but take increasing void damage the more you stay + have corrupted spawns in your ship ( something like trying to charge a battery close to the sun type of deal )

#2.Add void resistance mods/parts for the ship as rewards

#3.Add a relic holder on the ship where you can swap the opened relic with another relic (the idea is you can open multiple relics on the mission if the ship can handle it )

Post Devstream 154 Feedback regarding Void Storms :

I am sorry DE, but new weapons into Void Storms that is again another "one and done" items are not what we wanted. We want multi relic cracking given the increased length of Void Storm missions compared to regular endless Void Fissures. I appreciate your attempt to make them more rewarding, but this is not the way to go.

However, if you are set on adding more weapons into Void Storms. Please separate them from the main drop table, we don't want drop table dilution. Once you got them, they will become useless the second time you got them.

Having weapons, Frame parts, and blueprints as primary rewards, which can only have transient demand, creates transient content that many players will abandon once they have exhausted the primary rewards.
Constantly adding new rewards to make transient content pseudo-untransient not only means that veterans will be forced to play again with an increased number of bad slots, beginners will have a hard time finding the necessary parts, and the management will have to pay to maintain the content, creating an endless grind for everyone involved in WARFRAME.
(Instead of spending costs to increase game content, you'll be wasting costs just to maintain game content.)

If you want people to play constantly, you need to give them rewards that they will want to get again and again, anytime.
(Just like Landscape like PoE, OV, and CD do. (Like Landscapes like PoE, OV, and CD, or Ganymede and Kelpie's Disruption and Defection as a whole.) Content that pushes rewards that only have transient demand will only get transient demand and will be discarded.
If we want to bring back dead content that is currently rewarded with transient demand items, it would be preferable to make content that rewards with tokens that can be exchanged for a certain range of items, including evergreen demand items.
(Even if some of the items you want people to collect in your content include items with transient demand, you can still make your content gain evergreen demand by making it so that you can target items with evergreen demand.)

So, i played the void storms at lauch (2 misions) and then left them alone coz all the bugs and visual gliches, I then took a 2 ish breack from warframe coz of PoE had a new league star(bug party there as well the first days... ).

I came back a few days ago, did 2-3 void storms.

The good (in the 30.8-30.1 pach range) :

Visual gliches are gone, soft looks gliches are gone.

The bad :

Void enhanced enemy spawn rates are a bit eratic not very constant at all.

Mach making is really  verry bad i had to go solo (tx again for adding npc crew) if no i would have abandoned this contet entirelly.<- in public, from 0 kit RJs to afk pilots 

Time investment to open 1 relic is really bad. Don't get me wrong, i'm doing this for the wf to master and a copy to feed to bob but holly molly. Exterminate runs feel the fastest but are almost never on, while volatile is the most common and the most time consuming.

We have officially started winding down the Update 30: Bug + Feedback Tracking board and are now closing the dedicated Update 30 subforum and megathreads. We are shifting resources and focus onto the next upcoming release for Warframe: The Sisters of Parvos!

We have done a final sweep of the top recent Void Storm feedback in this thread prior to locking and any workable feedback will be reviewed.

As we conclude our first trial run of a public tracking board, we want to thank everyone who shared bug reports and feedback in the dedicated megathreads. Your participation was invaluable and we look forward to our next board when The Sisters of Parvos releases, which will continue this experiment to share known issues and feedback in an organized fashion.

Archived