Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30: Void Storms Feedback Megathread (Closed)

[DE]CoreyOnline

Hello hello DE,

- I needed to cut the "shaking effect" because I got sick.
- The lightning effect is a problem. It dont deal enough damage to worry about but you will got headach because of the spaming and visual effect.

(biggest damage and lower spawn ratting, and less visual effect would be nice, atmosphere like lower luminosity (not a filter) and few outside flash illuminating inside the ship from outside would add to the tempest effect more than a stroboscope in front of you and screen going crazy x) )

- It's like the violet electric spam in corpus mission that must put pressure on the player, and it's just annoying and bring not much gameplay.

- definitly when you play alone. Grineer missions it's resumed by:

-killing 3 frigates overwise you gonna be named "exploiter" (farming Kosma Outrider for rare mode it's... It's a thing)

-spending half the time of the mission going back'n'forth from the objective to destroy radiator.

(it's a general feedback, but it's more visible when trying to farm sevagoth and his weapon, the grineer gameplay is based on teamplay and it have a big impact if you play alone, because your crew dont give a ... about radiator)

Have a good day !

And I posted that already at the wrong place, sorry

My feedback:

- Void Storms are plagued with way too much visual clutter and screen shaking. That would be fine for a one and done type of thing, but for something intended to be repeated over and over, it's not nice. I generally avoid disabling anything that contributes to immersion, but for the first time in years I had to disable screen shaking and tweak graphics settings to try to mitigate the overwhelming visual noise.

- Void Storms are not a interesting alternative to regular fissures. On a farming game, people will always take whatever gives best rewards in the least time possible. Void Storms take too long to complete for the rewards it offers. There's just no reason to farm Void Storms when we have regular fissures that can be completed way faster.

Some suggestions that wouldn't be too complicated to implement ( I know you didn't ask, but .. ):

* Consider duplicating or even triplicating the void traces we get from Void Storms

* Consider allowing us to open one relic per objective. E.g., Railjack phases would be one relic opened, on foot extermination another one, a POI another one ..

* (personal opinion) Sevagoth blueprints being on the reward table is only polluting the table once you get them all. Would be preferable if they were somewhere else ..

On a ideal scenario, I would absolutely love to see Gian Point style of Railjack only missions where we could crack relics.. that would be a game changer.. even more if they were endless missions.

BUG: the screenshake upon stepping in to a void sink explosion is so ridiculous at points i dont even know how to explain it, its like his gif, but sometimes its even worser with bad sfx and its longer, sometimes over 10 seconds, you can't sit and stare at your screen at that point. and not to mention sometimes its one shot kill.  i was doing bifrost echo, rushing to extraction with volt, in speed, within milliseconds a void sink appeared right infront of me i had no reaction time to avoid it and then i went thru it and i was one hit downed. i was like wth.

12 hours ago, Numerikuu said:

Hide contents

MYEYES.gif

external-content.duckduckgo.com365136a23

FEEDBACK: (related to relic cracking). there is literally no intencive to crack relics in void storms, not to mention the annoying void sink explosions but the time consumed vs reward gained. 1 void relic after all that trouble is not good enough. either let us crack multiple relic or select multiple rewards or get all team rewards or i dont see a point in playing void storms after aquiring sevagoth and epitaph. literally. 2nd one mission there were not enough enemies getting corrupted so we couldn't crack relics. 

and i still hate the fact that there is not even a single "railjack only mission". you are literally forcing the people to leave railjack and do core gameplay. whats the point in railjack missions if literally ALL nodes are similar to core gameplay? 

Visuals:

It seems that flashiness was prioritized over game readability and accessibility for void storms. The void storm "explosions" need to be toned down massively. I don't have epilepsy, but I feel like the constant white flashing could trigger seizures in those that do, as others have pointed out. Otherwise, it just obscures the game too much and is annoying. In addition, the void "border" around the screen adds to the visual business by being too overbearing. Combined with the flashing, you'll often have a hard time telling what the heck's going on.

Gameplay:

Railjack is inherently a longer game mode than the other game modes in the game due to how many steps are involved. If this is supposed to be an alternative to regular void fissures, it's currently not worth the player's time. After they finish farming Sevagoth and his weapon, there's no reason for them to come back to void storms over void fissures. These are 15-30 minute missions that give you 1 opened relic, compared to regular void fissures that can be completed in at most 5 minutes. Void storms either need additional incentives or allow you to receive multiple rewards at once. For example, it could be similar to bounties in Open World missions, where you receive a reward at every "stage" (e.g. destroying all the crewships, then destroying the secondary objective, then finally the main objective.) This way instead of going through all the effort and receiving only one item from the drop table, you could receive Endo, Void Traces, and a Radiant Relic all for the same mission.

I really wish my loved one could play warframe because of its amazing storyline and content but, its things like this void storm and the flashing everywhere that makes it impossible for them to play for photosensitive reasons. I know this affects everyone in many ways too, not just epileptic people. All these partials and lights not only can be uncomfortable for some users, but can also impact performance. I myself have no problem with the flashing lights and effects but it does hurt performance sometimes. I wish there was a toggle in settings to disable most effects like this. Not for me but for the minority of people that suffer from that.

it takes 2 x times the effort and in mission time as a normal relic mission , you dont have booster drop rates , you cant open more relics at once, You cant see anything from the constant camera shake and constant epilepsy from the particle effects. It is just unplayable at the moment , it is not special in any way , it does not have any new mechanic ( WHICH WAS THE POINT of the void stroms when you guys announced it ). Adding relic opening to railljack is cool , i love the railjack gameplay after the update but getting the same reward + some endo ( btw veteran players dont need endo , stop giving endo on high tier missions like arbitration and sorties , make endo as a reward for the lower tier missions only and give other players something in pluto or veil to go after) is just not it seeing that it takes 2-3x more time to get it , and you dont have anything other than the new frame to go after in these missions . 

Thanks for yalls hard work. its nice to have a reason to play Railjack and it not feel like a total island.

However, there are some major problems.

1. Skirmish as a void fissure mission isn't quite where it's at. enemy density inside the objectives isn't high enough to obtain the 10 reactant for your relic, and 9/10 times when you're running with a PUG, the only other spot to get the reactant is already blown up by some trigger happy tenno on the forward artillery. Maybe increase enemy density within the objectives, or increase the amount of fissures within.  (As of 1AM CST on 4/15 it seems that running skirmish without the intention of cracking a relic is the most efficient way to get the Epitaph parts. Go Figure)

2. it seems there is a bug (possibly client side) with the explody boom booms during void storm missions that cause the little tears to explode upwards of 5 times a second for about 5 seconds, while still causing damage. for any frame that's NOT inaros, this results in a downing of the players warframe, in the middle of a volatile zone of sheer pain and torment, and a blinding effect that makes Discord Light theme jealous.  (Fixed as of 30.0.2)

3. ON THAT SAME NOTE. the visual effect that you get when there is a Void tear near is almost too noisy. 

4. having all of sevagoth tied to 3 planets while in the loot pool for all three is a little rough. so far I've managed to pull 3 chassis and 4 Neuroptics, but no systems. could you possibly space out his drops, say, the chassis to Neptune, Neuroptics to Pluto, and systems to the Void?

5. What happened to starting a Railjack mission as the host if you launched from the Dojo? I've launched from dojo each time trying to take my Railjack out and I keep getting put in a fill spot for someone else's Railjack. My poor ship hasn't seen action properly in weeks!

Again, thanks for the update. Will edit with any further issues with Void storms as I find them. 

The visual effects are to much! Never have I had a game that inflicted me with a visual migraine 10 mins in, but Void Storms sure have.

1.The constant pulsing vignette over the edge of the screen that takes up almost 80% of visual space is bad enough.

2.The constant flashes from void explosions further adding to the visual noise pollution.

3.The corrupted enemies already had an annoying flash associated with them but combined with 1&2 just makes this mode almost unplayable for those with anything but perfect vision.

4.The already noise(visual) state of Railjack with the Corpus is exacerbated by the Void Storms.

Solution? Either completely tonedown all current lighting effects or give the players an option to limit or remove them. The pulsing vignette on screen should go completely since it doesn't add anything to feeling your in a storm, its just there to obscure peoples vision and hurt their eyes if they play consecutive storms.

@[DE]CoreyOnline

FROM A CONSOLE PLAYER

I`ll get to the point here are the issues;

• The purple electric shocks when you`re on the corpus ships is annoying, you trying to do the mission and they follow you around and shock you it`s not challenging, it`s not fun it`s annoying remove it.
  • The void storms that spawn on the ship and spawn in front of you while trying to complete the mission messes up the screen by being so bright and shacking the screen, is annoying and not necessary remove it.
  • Sometimes when I'm in my operator, when I switch to my frame I teleport back outside and I have to go back into the ship again.
  • When picking up resources, they stick to you and are massive when picked up and they follow you onto the ship.  

When I see more issue I will update.

Side note: Ash has a bug with teleport where he can`t consistently open humanoid enemies with finishers. Here is the proof, please fix.

While void storms are pretty good on their own, they should offer more than regular fissures. They take more time and currently they are not worth playing over standard fissures if one wants to crack relics. Allowing us to crack more than one relic per mission would be a good incentive, I think, even if we are allowed to choose only one reward. A lot of players sit on mountains of relics so it would be a good way for them to open them without treating Warframe like a full-time job.

Regarding rewards, it must be considered that Railjack missions already have decent incentives. Railjack is, IMO, the go to content for levelling stuff, because you can do so while also gaining significant amounts of credits and endo. Comparing Void Storms to regular Fissures purely on the time taken to open relics isn't really fair, as regular Fissure missions don't grant massive amounts of affinity, credits and endo. The point of Void Storms is to be able to open relics while running content that was already worth running.

The problem, to me, is that the extra mechanics of the Void Storms are so outright infuriating that I'd rather just run regular Railjack missions. Here's my observations and suggestions:

Visual effects: waaaaaay over the top. I'm assuming you're already on this, because the community seems to be unanimous on this point.

Damage from void explosions: seems a bit high. I was using Nezha so I had no trouble keeping my warframe alive, but my sentinal went bye bye and the NPC crew seem to get insta-downed. This was on a Lith Fissure btw. I understand you want there to be an extra layer of difficulty (compared to regular Railjack content), which is fine, but it's a bit unfair to have your AI crew getting one-shot by environmental effects that they have no way of avoiding. The point of the crew was so you could play solo without having to babysit your Railjack all the time, and it works perfectly for the normal missions. But now in Void Storms, I'm having to babysit my crew. I suggest reducing the damage the crew members take from the explosions. Possibly pets as well, though to be honest pet survivability is an ongoing problem in itself.

Not getting enough reactant: particularly pertaining to the Grineer missions. If you get into a state where the other objectives have been completed and you still have reactant left to collect, you should make it so that Corrupted continuously spawn on the Railjack and then only finish the mission after all the reactant has been picked up. To be honest I'd rather just be rid of the reactant mechanic altogether, but failing that, that's the best I could come up with.

Explosions continuing after mission completion: so you have to go straight for the navigation terminal and make a run for it. One of the cool things about Railjack is how you can do back to back missions before going back to the dock. But sometimes you want a little breather between missions, sometimes you want to take a moment to do stuff in the forge etc. You don't get that option with Void Storms. You can't hang about, so you either have to go back to the dock or you have to go straight into another mission. It just seems out of sync with the normal flow of Railjack missions.

after testing void storms more ... yes it takes cca 15 min to finish

so i tried running relic capture meso missions ... in 15 min i was able to finish it 7 times, that means 7 relics and around 260 void traces
i understand you guys in DE want railjack missions and void storms to be integraded, well received and played on daily bases so here is the question

why should i waste my time to get 1 relic and around 60 void traces when i could get 7 relics and 260 void traces in the same time?

the overall mission of void storms is super cool, its fun and good looking (except that VFX flashing overkill), i can even overlook neccessity to squeeze void reactants from NPC's while in VOID ZONE ... but i dont care, i want to crack my relics

that there are more credits then in normal relic mission? INDEX

that there is more ENDO then normal relic mission? arbitration

affinity? - ESO

i really cant find any good reason why to continue playing void storms ... and believe me i am really trying

EDIT: i was told exterminate mission is the fastest so i called friends, we synchronized did everything top speed ... 7 minutes 

another thing ... i tried to SURVIVE this flashy things as long as possible ... 1 hour 20 minutes later my eyes are red, my head hurt like somebody slammed me with sledgehammer ... if you trying to kill your players, you are doing good job

My feedback:

- Void Storms are very slow in the reward vs. time investment department. I will have little reason to choose them over a regular Capture or non-RJ Exterminate Void Fissure when opening relics, because why spend 5-10 minutes opening 1 (One) relic in RJ when I can open 2-4 in the Star Chart in the same time frame?

- This could be fixed if you could bring multiple relics to Void Storms so you can open them all at once and get multiple relic rewards per run.

- I think Sevagoth parts should be taken out from Void Storms and placed somewhere else. Once you've farmed 2 sets, each subsequent Sevagoth part will feel like drop table pollution in which you are getting nothing of value.

Agreed with the others despite the patch to the void storm effect bug.

The amount of screen shaking and visual effects going off is on par with the eidolons, in that me and my friends literally avoid doing eidolons because the visual noise/effects, etc, are just far, far too much on the eyes. The screen shaking causes literal nausea and the intense lights and flashes induces headaches. Showed my friend the gif I posted and they were horrified to say the least lol.

Please, please, please, tone down the visual effects of the void storm (and eidolons as well!)

Void storms are amazing and extremely fun tbh, those missions and the new corpus proxima regions are really enjoyable, but there are some issues i would like to addess:

The visual effects from the void storm are way to much, the effect is too bright.

The time to invenst for only 1 relic makes these missions not worth for a farm session, but we could make a solution, it could be emplemented an interface like the tranding interface where you can select the relics y whant to use on that mission, (3 or 5 max) and at the end of the mission you can select the cuantity of rewards for the relics on proportion of the number of relics you putted on the mission, (on the case if you are with more than one player and one player putts 4 relics and other putts 2, player 1 can pick 4 rewards from the 6 and player 2 can pick 2) obviously you will need more void reactants to open all the relics, or make the enemy ships drop reactants.

On my opinion, this update is super fun, but on long term, if this void storms are not revamped a bit for more viability on the relic farm, it will be forgotten, and that tbh it would be a shame.

Overall great job with this update <3 

20 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Fixed a Script Error caused by Void Storms. This would cause crazy bursts of colour and stacking effects, and should be resolved now. 

Call of the Tempestarii: Hotfix 30.0.1 should address the visual effect overload that is being reported in this thread! Additional Hotfix notes here

EDIT: we have moved 'performance leak in void storms causing visual noise' back to "Known Bugs" category - we're still receiving reports of issues with visual noise and continue to investigate!

Had a Void Sink one shot me in Sevagoth, I don't know how to feel about that. Necramech powers/archguns do not pop them.

Visually, I wish the void storm columns were at different angles, I feel like them being parallel to each other doesn't fit the chaotic nature of the void. Being at different angles would make them interesting to fly through. Note, one of them interacting with the crewship in the hangar despite LOS.

a8NAnN1.jpg

I'm very disappointed till now and for that i want to try to give ideas to make it better

Void Storm Rewards + Anything else relating to Void Storms

imo void storms should feel worth the time and rewarding. Cracking one relic at the time, and in a very very veeeeeery slow time is none of these.

like i already mentioned in another post i think the only way to make them wort it is to allow player to open more relics at the same time AND get more rewards.

open more relics and just get one reward doesn´t make any sense because you can just run a fast relic mission (40-90) sec and get every run one prime part.

i would suggest to open 3-5 relics at the same time OR e.g open 5 relics and get 3 rewards.

Gut feedback is that this is gonna be one of those things where we farm the new frame and the new gun, then never touch voidstorms again. Which is sad because I love the idea of there being some sort of funnel which gets squads into specific nodes for RJ content. This mode needed to either be faster than existing relic farm or significantly different to our existing relic farm. As it is, no one's going to touch it a month after release.

I was really hoping this would be a mode where we could crack relics from the ship, but it seems like only infantry drop reactant and it's the same gameplay loop we've had with void fissures for years. I personally wouldn't mind if void storms were a slower relic farm, I just wanted a new gameplay loop, but this isn't it. :-/

It feels as though the main purpose of Void Storms at the moment is void trace farming (definitely something the game needed). I think it is a bonus that we can crack relics while doing so, but it isn't something you'd play just to crack open Relics.

If that is what the intention was, then it's doing a great job. If not, it's just not as efficient as running relics normally.

Archived