Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30: Void Storms Feedback Megathread (Closed)

[DE]CoreyOnline

12 minutes ago, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Call of the Tempestarii: Hotfix 30.0.1 should address the visual effect overload that is being reported in this thread! Additional Hotfix notes here

I've played after the hotfix and still happens.

Most happens inside the railjack if there's any explosive fissure things, going near (but not too close to explode them) just spams the effects, extremely annoying when flying the ship and one spawns behind blinding and deafening you xD

1. Even with the fix reducing the intensity of the void particle effects, I still feel the missions are too visually noisy. Like the void effect on the edge of the screen warning you of nearby void explosion should be removed - I can see the bombs clearly. I don't need more clutter on screen in a game that's already obnoxiously bright and flashy usually.
  2. The hacking side objectives (disable icedriver/cyclops array/autofactory) are really annoying to do as the jamming drones seem to spawn really far from your location always. I don't find it fun to have to bullet jump back and forth a hundred meters everytime another one spawns.
  3. The mobile defense side objectives in Pluto/Veil (disable freightlinker, disable tether powerplant) have consoles spawning at level 15 in a mission where enemies are level 50+ and deal more damage than usual mobs of the same level. It's not uncommon to see the console nearly destroyed after 30 seconds even with me killing mobs as fast as they spawn.
  4. Grineer void storms need more on foot units to spawn reactant faster.

I think the biggest issue is that void storms are not rewarding enough for time spent. There are 3 key steps in the void relic system - relics, traces, and opening them. For farming relics, disruption or void captures are the fastest. For opening relics, capture or exterminate fissures are the best. I suggest that void storms fit the role of being the best source of void traces bar none by adding guaranteed traces as a mission reward, with bonus rewards for POIs being more traces.

5 minutes ago, Teletric said:

It feels as though the main purpose of Void Storms at the moment is void trace farming (definitely something the game needed). I think it is a bonus that we can crack relics while doing so, but it isn't something you'd play just to crack open Relics.

If that is what the intention was, then it's doing a great job. If not, it's just not as efficient as running relics normally.

I mean, the fact the drop table for veil proxima has a 100x void trace drop in it IS great. Maybe that's enough to keep veil nodes active as a farm.
I still think the fact it's the same gameplay loop as fissures is a disappointment. We've got this whole mechanic of the void storm spawning hazards we can destroy on our ship which is UNIQUE to the storm and it's entirely unrelated to any of the rewards or relic cracking.

I was honestly expecting Void Storms to be  a way to crack multiple relics at the same time, and not a tedious and longer version of a regular Void Fissure mission, not to mention the lack of corrupted enemies in certain missions (Grineer Skirmish Mission for one). 

If I can suggest something that can be possibly implemented which requires revising the Relic System. You are now able to reserve 4 Relics of each Era (Lith, Meso, Neo, and Axi) which acts similar to your loadouts. Entering a Void Fissure will always use your 1st reserved Relic of the given Era. However, for Void Storms, all 4 Relics will be in play while you are Solo, giving you a chance to crack all of them and receive a random reward for each one. However, if you are in a squad or even if a player joins your mission half-way, it is reduced to your 1st and 2nd reserved Relics. 

The number of reactants would still be the same, 10 for each Relic, retroactively changing if there's more than one player in a mission (40 to 20). Now the incentive of this is that even if you're in a squad, you'll have more choices to choose from. For a 2-Man Squad, each one can choose two rewards from the four possible choices. A 3-Man Squad can choose from six possible choices, and a Full Squad can choose from a whooping pool of eight choices. This drastically speeds up player farming (which is a case I know you guys are trying to actively reduce), reduces burnout for players as well as RNG frustrations from repeating the same mission over and over. (Especially if the given part only has an active fissue which is Survival/Defense or any Endless Mission).

I certainly hope you guys can consider this idea or if its even possible to implement.

Found myself unable to leave a mission in void storm. Not sure if a railjack bug or storm bug. 
Me and a clanmate started the mission in dojo on my railjack. He got pulled in without being offered a relic.
He then left, I tried to do the same but was unable to. Hitting abort mission did nothing. Even did some weird things like trying to join a friend via the communication tab and that didn't work either.

Got some serious VFX spams/issues with Void Storm Missions in general.
Litterally the same issues than kacmed.

Please consider disable those missions until the problem is TRULY fixed.
It would save lives (im not joking). Because VFX bugs/seizures happens fast and people who're sensitive could have serious side effects because of that.

Pretty simple feedback here. Why would I want to waste 10-20 minutes to crack ONE relic after getting all of the parts for the new frame and weapon? Once the initial farming wave is over, people are just going back to spam running captures for traces and ducats. The corpus side objectives in particular make this particularly annoying, especially the hacking one with the drones you have to run all over the map to find.

It's tedious, ineffective, and soon will be unrewarding to the masses without allowing us to crack multiple relics in one go. 

37 minutes ago, kacmed said:

recorded 30 minutes ago

people with photosensitivity please dont click on it

We have moved "performance leak in void storms causing a lot of visual noise"  back to "Known Bugs" category - we're still receiving reports of issues with visual noise and continue to investigate! 

16 hours ago, Petroklos said:

Quick first Void Storm feedback:

The Void Sinks are a neat addition. Surprisingly lethal even in Lith Missions, great way to spice up the existing Railjack and Fissure formulas.
Worth noting that the Void Sinks' Explosions absolutely tank my framerate, even with both Particle Settings on Low.

Doing Relics in Railjack is great to have for variety. More ways to crack Relics, more ways/reasons to play Railjack, Corrupted Enemy Units in Railjack. No complains here.

But my instantaneous and biggest complain;
I hopped on a Lith Mission, Kill X Fighters, 4 Crewships, 1 Point of Interest. I had reached 10/10 Traces by boarding the first Crewship. With Traces being shared pick-ups in Void Storms, I'd love it if once we collect 10, the Relic cracks and we select another one, like with Endless Fissures.
I would've cracked 3 to 6 Relics by my estimation during that Mission, which would've felt so much better. Currently it just feels like so much slower and with so much "wasted" time, that I can't see myself doing Void Storms over Void Fissures, after getting all the Epitaph and Sevagoth parts.

tl:dr, solid addition and nice twist on existing gameplay loops, but the reward structure is way too slow

Follow up feedback to this, after doing a solid handful of Void Storms and getting the Epitaph:

Early Railjack Missions, Lith and Meso, last long enough and have enough enemies that if we could select additional Relics every 10 Traces, we could crack 2 to 3 Relics per Mission.
I fully expect this to be even more later on, lets say on Veil (Axi), where the Points of Interest and Prerequisites become more and more.

I will reiterate that the Missions are a fun combo/twist on Railjack and Relics, and a great addition to the game, but the rate of Relic-cracking feels so slow compared to regular Relic Cracking that I can't see myself using Void Storms as an alternative to Void Fissures after I get the Void Storm exclusive drops.

I don't need Void Storms to be better than Void Fissures at cracking Relics, but I need them to be close enough that they are both viable options for variety's sake.

Void Storms relic efficiency : Make them use endless logic per POI

Similar to Disruption/Excavation Fissures.

Currently Void Storms are one big bounty-esque missions with several phases. 1 to 3 POIs, Capital Ship (Corpus Proximas) and the Railjack portion. For all of that you get to crack ONE relic.

What if POIs and Capital Ship were to be considered a separate relic cracking? Or everytime you get 10 reactants your relic gets cracked and you select a new one? Having the max relics per mission be the amount of POIs the mission spawned with.

I understand that it would be really hard to implement well to separate different POIs from each other especially in hyper focused groups where all POIs are being completed simultaneously.

BUT at least the Capital Ships are completely separated from Railjack portion forcing everyone into the ship. So why not at least have that have a separate relic selection screen to allow at least 2 relics to be cracked within a single 'mission'. One relic for Railjack portion and another relic for the Capital Ship mission.

On the topic of relic cracking I have to mention that this would work great while Solo, which I've ran mostly thusfar. Public groups seem to be really awful for Voidstorm runs. Reactants are simply not spawning at all within POIs or Crewships (at least if you're visiting them as a client, don't know about host cos I seemingly can never host a mission myself - which kills public runs for me).

'Drop in / Drop out' for public missions

Railjack missions need after mission prompt similar to Defense missions where each player votes for Extract/Continue. Those who choose to leave will be returned to Dojo/Relay and those who continue - do. Or some form of mechanic to part from the group at will without disrupting the group composition.

You could even have a personal Liset departure if you want to go back to dojo while others continue.

I want to force to be a Host when I start a public mission

In normal missions I usually don't mind joining other groups randomly on public as the games work without gamebreaking issues. But with Railjack (and openworlds) it seems that 95% of other people hosting is super laggy even when I have below 70ms ping to them. It seems super rare that public host has a decent enough computer to host openworld maps for 4 players. Like switching to operator can take literally 5 to 10 seconds and I'm not exaggerating. So at least have a consideration to add more parameters to the selection algorithm who is the best host - not just how the connection seems with 1 player. Or implement a ingame stress test which tests the PC and ISP connectivity.

Wreckage Capacity

After every single Railjack instance I go past my 30 wreckage capacity. Yesterday I had 68/30. Scrapping wreckage gets old pretty fast. If I enter Railjack mission from Liset and get prompted to scrap some items before mission the actual 'Scrap' confirmation button is greyed out so I am forced to go to Dojo to do it.

Please make fissure missions requre a relic to play them! This is not just a matter concerning Void Storms, but as a whole. There are players who join fissures with no relic or with no intention of opening relics. This should not be a thing! Relic opening is a part of the missions if not their purpose and everyone playing them should carry one, otherwise it hinders other player's experience and reward choices in team play.

I have come across players in regular fissures with no relic many times and, though annoying, hasn't been as bad of an expericence as with the addition of Void Storms, which has escalated the problem even further. When I took part in Void Storms to farm Sevagoth and his signature weapon Epitaph, players just continued to rush the missions without collecting Reactants. What is the point of playing fissure missions publicly, when other players don't equip a relic in them? It took me just a couple of public Void Storm missions with players not equipping relics to deter me from doing them in a team and instead going solo. This is a bad look for Void Storms.

On another topic, enemies in Void Storms get corrupted very slowly. I've had to wait a couple of minutes for a fissure to appear and corrupt enemies. My suggestion for this is, when players board enemy crewships or any place with enemies a fissure should immediately appear and corrupt them. Another way to do this would be to make fissures spawn at certain intervals on top of enemies in proximity to the player. Fissures seeking enemies in affinity range around the player every 10 seconds or so would be nice. This would be great in normal fissure missions as well.

Not really seeing any reason to ever do void storms after getting Sevagoth.  It suffers from the same problem as the rest of the new Corpus Railjack...Why would I play Railjack  to get to a regular mission when I can just play a regular mission?  Same with void storms if I want to crack a relic I want the quickest missions possible capture? yes please! rescue? sure, not really looking for defense or survival (though in my experience this is where you will find people trying to crack the "new" relic)

DE, you seem to be heck bent on trying to make warframe missions longer and more complex/require multiple players coordinate for the same rewards.  Please stop.

Railjack needs to be its own thing and doable from the pilots stand...no more needing to get off it to board crewships or line up artillery slots, the final objective corpus style Is fine(but needs to not be a normal warframe mission), take care of the space objectives and then go do a Railjack only final objective.  leaving the alternative boarding stuff is fine its optional.

Im deathly afraid the DE solution to the situation will be to take the faster normal missions out to force people to do the Railjack versions.

2 minutes ago, NickelStiller said:

So much visual clutter in Void Storms. I hate that "getting shot by Acceltra repeatedly" effect. It actually brings my Eidolods-blinding-me PTSD back, but somehow feels even worse than those times.

Why?

because while eidolons had big bright flashes they didn't also include a screen smearing effect that causes rapid forced focus adjustment in the eyes to maintain vision clarity of enemies and objectives. Even without the screenshake and bright flashes the void effect is incredibly hard on the eyes rapidly tiring muscles that should not be put under such load.

48 minutes ago, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

We have moved "performance leak in void storms causing a lot of visual noise"  back to "Known Bugs" category - we're still receiving reports of issues with visual noise and continue to investigate! 

I hope you folks give some serious thought to that what's going on here isn't (just) performance leak causing stacking of the visual effects, but the nature of those effects themselves. The "void tear is near" UI element is a pulsing overlay scribble over what is practically the entire screen; that's visual noise inherently, that provides no useful information beyond "there's one nearby!" without any directional or distance indication. The overlay provides little information, and a lot of distraction and obfuscation. That's even before the factor of the overlay itself being very similarly colored to the actual tear and damage effects, even before adding in the amount of screen shake.

Combine that with spawn rate, the pulsing waves from detonating tears, the crowding of them within railjack or more cramped spaces (I would be shocked if your game metrics don't already show that people are avoiding Volatile voidstorms), and it adds up into exactly the feedback you're getting on them. Spawn rate of tears needs to be adjusted (fixed, if it's bug-driven), but I can't recommend strongly enough that the visual style and UI of them be revisited for distnction and clarity.

It's literally painful to play your content.  The eye strain is actually far far worse; Eidolons are bad, but due to the laser storm being generally the same colour it's passible.

This has literally a rainbow of crap being shoved onto the screen that it's Literally Hell.

these saurons eye visuals and the void storm flash bangs are really bad, change that pls...

the rj relic missions are no match for the normal relic missions, they take way to long, why should i play these after i got the "special" rewards?

perhaps let us open more than one relic each time?

the jamming drone objective feels really bad too, its annoying and takes way to long...

i like the defense objective, where the building/space station is slowly collapsing.

or the ship one, where the section of the ship are collapsing, these are fun.

the normal defense mission on the other hand is really bad too. the map is way to big and it takes way to long, again...

the overheat the reactor mission is not bad, but it gets boring after some time, is there no other way to overheat a reactor?

perhaps we get some other mission later for that.

Once the game updated, i went to some void storm missions to check out a potential new fun cracking mechanic. All i found was, camera shaking wildly, unnecessary void FX and flashes... and an eternal confusion about HOW CAN I EARN REACTANTS?, because nothing seems to work. I mean, killing potentially corrupted enemy ships? that didn't work cuz there none; boarding crewships to kill the crew inside? didn't work; complete the mission to open relic as a reward? didn't work at all. I finished several missions to try to understand where's the catch to have some reactants and i found there's no way apparently. So, after i lost all remains of hope, i went to the new adventure hoping there was some kind of "explanation/tutorial" or something about how to play void storms. There was NO explanation at all and i finished the adventure with some ideas you can implement to create this "new mechanic" that everyone wants to make railjack relic cracking FUN.

So i have a suggestion (based in the new adventure). So, what if instead of earning reactants to open relics, we can just approach to a specific point inside the voidstorm in space, and maybe there can be a VOID RIFT appearing somewhere in space so we can TRAVEL INSIDE THE VOID  with the railjack (LITERALLY like the adventure) and once we are in the VOID DIMENSION, we can make some kind of explore-n'-defense mission, where our objective is literally discover the secrets inside the void (you can involve that void worms too, idk, just making a base idea to make it interesting), and take advantage of the void rift to imbue relics with its energy.

And here's the thing: Once we enter in the void dimension, suddenly, ENEMIES (grineer/corpus) come to the void rift to investigate too, (some kind of excuse to let the mission be with a little background story??), and they get angry so they want to DESTROY OUR RAIJACK because we are invading their "investigation sector". So the point of the mission would be defend the railjack (like we do with a warframe cryo-capsule in regular defense mission) to prevent our squad destruction. The main objective would be to destroy corrupted interceptor ships, crewships, and ramsleds to release the void energy inside enemies by killing them, to channel the void energy to the relics, while we prevent our railjack of being destroyed. When the "void makes its effect on void relics" and crack them after a percentage circle reaches 100% mission is complete and we can stay or leave (like regular defense mission)...

Over this base idea, you can imagine another interesting things like, make void hazards on railjack that makes the relics opening percentage drop, so we need to repair our railjack to control the void energy flow, and focus it only to the relics to keep the opening process optimal. The mechanic would be like this: we extract energy from the void dimension, a certain amount of void energy only to open the relics, BUT sometimes we have an accident where the void energy is so strong that makes damage to the railjack, making that energy overflow and affect parts of the ship that wouldn't be affected normally.

In terms of quantity of relics being cracked, you can put a certain amount of relics (like 12 in total; 3 relics per player to make it worth of our time) and put them in the railjack's CARGO HOLD (like the Sevagoth capsule over there in the adventure) to make the relics absorb the void energy from the void dimension. Once the percentage is 100%, all the relics in the container will open, and then the squad can choose 1 reward per player, max 4 rewards eligible of the 12 emerging prime parts, and in case of solo play 1 rewadrs eligible from 3 cracked relics. What do you think?

PD: sorry for the long text but i felt inspired lol

My dear developers, can you please reduce the amount of abyss? it is simply impossible to play me with such a tempo it will be epelepsy. and reduce its effect because I haven't caught such flashbacks for a long time. And it is also possible that the effect of the abyss on our screen is to shift it around the edges of the screen, it is also impossible to play since it either exists or not and an effect appears like flickering.

Archived