Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30: Void Storms Feedback Megathread (Closed)

[DE]CoreyOnline

The permanent electrical fault bug is still present. It's really annoying. Other post suggest it's if your NPC crewmate repairs the fault?

While I had it, I also exited an exploding crewship & got stuck permanently out of phase, even after I aborted mission & returned to the dojo. Had to exit to orbiter to fix it, at which point I just quit the game out of irritation.

Void storm is fun, but feels like doing a full sortie triple mission event all in one go without any bite-sized option.

The rewards are probably 'balanced', but for that degree of time investment I don't want balanced rewards - especially given that I only actually really want-want one or two of the possible rewards (and the others will just be "oh that's nice I guess, whatever.") It means the negative feeling from a bad-reward event involving this high a time commitment is amplified.

Overall, the void storms are fun to play - there's a certain hectic and frenetic vibe to them, which is quite fun. However:

• Visual clutter: on some level, it sells the "storm" aspect... but it might be a bit too much. Especially the void sink screen overlay is pretty intense and maybe void sinks could be placed ahead of the player more often - it feels like the algorithm placing void fissures is a bit better at putting them in your way instead of just behind you.
  • The void storm needs to have more effect on the space portion - there's just some damage and screen shake, let us collect some void traces somehow.
  • The relic opening is very slow compared to regular void fissures. I don't demand capture fissure speedrun efficiency, but given that it's about twice as long as an "average" void fissure, it should allow you to crack two relics - maybe in two stages (space stage, on-foot mission)
  • One thing that's nice are the big chunks of void traces in the reward table, these do take out some grind out of the void trace grind. If that's tuned a bit more, then void storms could become good spots to farm traces vs. fissures where you farm prime parts.

So, there are fun parts to the new mode, but it needs to be a bit more rewarding for the time spent, really, especially once we acquired the Epitaph and Sevagoth.

Ok, unfortunately I got a big bug to report. While doing a void storm mission, specifically Enkidu Ice Drifts void storm, when I destroy a crew ship reactor it will immediately kick me out of it and destroy it(rather than having the timer until it explodes). No big deal... right? Once I get back to my railjack, the screen goes black, and when I hit escape to open the menu, it is either way off on my screen or isn’t present at all. This has happened twice now. After the screen goes black I can’t really do anything except hit things in the menu when it is actually on he black screen after hitting escape. 

Overall I like this update and void storms. Hopefully this gets fixed soon because that was my 4th try at this same mission to no avail. 

Please remove the painful visual around the warframe in void storms. That really hurts my eyes. I won't do that again until it's gone.

Please let me launch MY ship if it's from my dojo, as it was before. People looking for ships to join can use the regular starchart from the liset.

I think that Sevagoth parts should be more spread through the proximas. Sevagoth and his weapon have 3 parts each and we have 6 proximas now. I suggest putting one part on each proxima, therefore increasing the overall drop chance of other items, because right know it is too easy to get duplicates and not much reason to farm his parts on harder proximas when I get the same chance for less effort on lower proximas.

Currently you have 10% chance to get 1 of 3 parts on each proxima, which means 30% chance of getting a duplicate once you're done farming him. If you put only 1 part per proxima it will reduce the chance to 10% without increasing the overal grind, which is much better on the long run. 

Another possibility is to make Sevagoth's parts drop like Harrow's chassis (but with reduced drop chance compared to Harrow's), therefore you get them as a drop for simply killing corrupt enenies (one piece per proxima) instead of mission reward. You still get duplicates but they won't mess with your chance of getting the rewards you want. 

Another option is to make Sevagoth's parts drop elsewhere in the void storm, like a point of interest. You can even mix it up with the second suggestion. The chassis is from corrupted enemies in void storm and the rest drops from points of interest as loot (you can replace Carmine Penta drop chances for Sevagoth/Epitath drops during void storms, for example)

4 hours ago, PlacidHysteria said:

Are the vaulted relic drops intentional? like i get radiant mesa p relics a lot. kinda breaks the market

Was it Lith M6 you got? I don't think it's intentional. From what I can tell (just going off the wiki) there's four "vaulted" relics currently available from void storms:

Lith M6 (containing Mesa prime systems and Akjagara prime receiver)
Lith P4 (containing Equinox prime BP)
Neo D2 (containing Equinox prime neuroptics)
Neo T3 (containing Redeemer prime blade)

I say I don't reckon it's intentional because so far as I can tell the other parts aren't available (e.g. you can't get Equinox's chasis or systems). Hence there's really no point those particular relics being available with the others still vaulted.

Running a few Void Storms, primarily in the higher levels for Sevagoth parts, a few immediate issues jump out at me as a primarily solo player and a few times when I ran with a friend. We're both high MR / experienced players with big investment into our railjacks, plexus, and intrinsics.

Bugs - The entire experience is being marred by some pretty painful bugs, more often when I play with a friend because of connection. We had one clean run out of the four we ran which had us both just wanting it to be done and over with. Hoping we get our Sevagoth parts so we can leave and not have to deal with it. That's not really feedback though but it had to be mentioned because we had to deal with bugs while dealing with all the other issues - It may be that my other problems were magnified by the bugs, and I'll give specific instances in each section

- - -

Difficulty - Going into a Veil Proxima Void Storm with my AI Crew is a sharp and unpleasant spike in difficulty that thankfully disappears entirely when playing with just one other players. This in particular is in large part to bugs with the AI along with the extra damage from the Void Storm, and the higher enemy levels.

Let me paint the scenario: I leave the railjack to complete an objective. I set one of my crew to Pilot. Soon I see my Engineer go into Bleedout so I teleport myself out of the objective - which means I will have to start from the beginning of the objective's area when I leave the Railjack afterwards. I find my ship has been boarded (Cy didn't give me a notification that the ship was boarded because I wasn't on board) because the Pilot is not piloting, and my Engineer can't kill the boarding party because of their much higher levels and armour and Corrupted Healers - the AI doesn't know to target those first.

If I had known my ship was boarded, I could've switched the Engineer to Defender & used Intruder Stasis to give him an edge since his main weakness is his survivability (even with maxed endurance). My ship is taking shots, my engineer needs reviving, there are boarders, and a fire to fix plus soon there'll be a Major Hull Breach as well. Boarding parties are a lot more troublesome now that Corrupted Healers can spawn with them, forcing me to run around the various levels of the ship to find it to kill the others. I deal with all these issues one at a time, activated Void Cloak, and then try to rush the objective as quickly as possible (when that's an option).

- - -

Visuals - The visual effect of the border around the screen when near some Void formation anywhere in the map is just too much. The bright flashes from the void formations are also really visually upsetting. I understand that these are creative choices taken to set the mood of going into a storm but it got to a point where both myself and my friend found ourselves frustrated and fatigued, they're just too unpleasant and these visual effects alone make me want to stay away from Void Storms entirely. Switches in the Options menu to turn off the visual effect and bright flashes would go a long way.

- - -

Reward - So running a Void Storm versus the regular mission, your bonus is one Prime part and one Void Storm exclusive drop. Void storms are quite long to do so if i wanted a Prime Part it would be more efficient to go play literally any regular Void Fissure. Plus given that due to all the bugs and unappealing / discomforting visual effects, the exclusive rewards are the only reason to play, it just isn't worth it once you've got Sevagoth (once or twice because Helminth) and the Epitaph and once you've got those, it becomes even less worth it because there is a 30% chance you'll get something you just don't need unless you want a 3rd Sevagoth for some reason. Epitaph parts maybe, I haven't farmed one yet so I'm not sure if the parts are tradable but even then I don't think that particular market is worth tapping.

The evergreen rewards of a Void Storm are radiant relics, large portions of Endo and traces. All of these things can be acquired somewhere else for far less work and a lot more fun.

- - -

So enough whining, what would improvements would I like to see made. Bug fixes go without saying of course.

• Visual Options - give me options to remove visual filters to make it less unpleasant
  • Rewards - since the Devstream made it clear that the developers are not interested in letting us bulk crack relics, it seems like the next best course of action would be to adjust the drop tables:
    • What if High Level Grineer missions offered a different set of rewards that didn't include Sevagoth so I don't run the risk of a non-reward , and then the high Level Corpus missions included Sevagoth parts? Possible also for the Epitaph
    • I'm not sure what I would suggest as a qualitative improvement to the rewards tables over the relics, traces, and Endo, Kuva maybe? But that doesn't quite suit the theme.

The real grind for Relics isn't in the cracking them open, its getting the relics you want. Apollo Lua is a popular (or should I say Apoplua?) node because its the best spot for finding Axi relics when a new Prime drops. People run strategies to filter out the Lua Lenses to increase their chances

We received a Hard No on the cracking of multiple relics for multiple rewards, and Scott suggested multiple relics but you only get one reward but that would be... Not fun to put it mildly. Would I really want to waste x amount of y relic to slightly increase my chance of getting a rare part when I could take my time running a Survival or many Captures to get something useful out of every single relic? When a large percentage of all my fissures are run for Forma & Ducats anyway? Not really.

That said, a means to get through the tedium of cracking a lot of relics and running a lot of missions to get my stacks of Forma Blueprints, and ducat fodder? I'd run Void Storms pretty often if that were the case. I'd even take a caveat like "No rare drops" or "no Void traces" or even if it costs Void Traces for each extra Relic.

Just something to think about I guess

That some vaulted relics are dropping in them points to something they could do to give it a longer tail than it does now, to put some stop to the engagement bleeding after folks get Sevagoth/Epitaph parts out of it. Have a low chance of voidstorms dropping any vaulted relic.

In theory, people could work towards getting prime frames and such out of the vault by daring the void (insert space shanty). In practice, RNG of the sheer number of vaulted relics probably incentivizes a touch more platinum flow from people losing patience and outright trading for parts, compared to never trading because previously they were out of even theoretical reach.

18 hours ago, project_eulogy said:

Still nearly impossible to get reactant in a squad.

Now my last 5 solo missions yielded nothing. Im letting stuff get into the fissure before i shoot it. I dont know what else to do in a skirmish mission. Boarding the objective doesnt yield corrupted NPCs to even drop stuff.

Yall didn't even test this stuff before release and it shows. While I appreciate the hard work because the music at the very least is fantastic, you guys constantly leave glaring oversights upon release of everything and I can't understand why.

This

Especially in Skirmish missions. 0 reactant except from the optional "white" mission target. Usually the "host" has long before given up, voted Dry Dock or some other mission aaand end.

Other mission types are usually: 2 ppl immediately exit the ship, rush to the optional and/or 2nd target.

It's a f@3 hot mess. A void mess so to say 😁

The issue I have is how the "storm" is actually a lot of visual clutter. Seeing it from outside the Railjack is very impressive, but the Sinks are... they are very hard to see. They almost seem like 2D images that I just pass by and never notice.

Make them a bit more obvious, like how the Fissure in 1.0 

qBWRCdeq_zM4nBnGCI7PWZUYlzec3E_B-ygdUq-L

Also, the explosion hazard is... not a good one. Make it damage you over time instead of bursting. 

Just gave i try of Void Storm in Earth Proxima, so Grineer. The main feeling is... impractical.

So basically, Relic opening in a Void Storm works more or less the same as a Void Fissure : enemies get corrupted by a Fissure, kill the Corrupted enemies, chance to drop a Void Trace, get 10 to open the relic.
It seems that only foot enemies can be corrupted, so you can only get those Traces by boarding or getting boarded. Worse, Fissures seem to appear only within Storms, so if the objective, enemy Ship, or your Railjack isn't in a Storm, the enemies can't get Corrupted, and thus you can't get Traces.
I tried to work around this by capturing an enemy Crewship, kill its pilot, and drive it into a Storm while being shot by the still live crew. It works somehow, but it is clearly way more tedious than it needs to be. It would be so much simpler to get Traces from enemy fighters corrupted by a Storm...

Ah, also, small issue : if you vote against proceeding to another Void Storm, you can't choose a Relic for that mission if the vote still succeeds.

Day 2 feedback.

Positives

• Rewards are rather varied. Void Storms aren't the best way to get credits, endo, relics cracked, or fresh relics, but you do get a decent helping of each.
  • The idea is really cool. I love the idea of an entire sector of space being jostled about by the Void.
  • ...And that's it.

Negatives

• SO. MUCH. VISUAL. OVERLOAD. I can't tell what the hell is going on half the time because there's just so much exploding around me, and enemy spawns are almost unbearable when I suddenly have an entire squad just pop in on top of me. Volatile missions are the worst for this.
  • RNG seems to be favoring objectives like Defense. Separately, Defense railjack missions are the bloody worst (do a 15 minute mission to do a 20 minute mission on literally the worst map DE has ever made), and void storms are pretty much gravitating towards these.
  • Reward tables are terrible. Beyond Sevagoth and his gun, the only thing to keep you coming back is relics, and even that's not enough. Unless I'm literally getting like a five relic pack for spending 30 minutes on these game types, I'm literally missing out because of the time I'm spending on this. My proposed solution is to just mass-unvault a ton of stuff permanently, especially the really old stuff, and add those to the drop table, and make those relics exclusive (i.e.: can't be obtained through Relic Packs) to Void Storms.
  • More a general railjack critique, but it needs to be hammered home: These missions are long. Really long. Half the fun of Warframe is having short missions with some giving you the option to stay in for a long time. But these really do feel like a lot of moving about to basically do three mini missions with stuff occasionally getting damaged on your ship to then do a normal mission.

suckest update ever. at least 8 min for a relic in empyrean??? what are u guys thinking? 10% drop rate....... Normally, two and half min is maximum for a normal relic mission ( no including survive and defense) , is anybody going to open relic in empyrean after get the sevagoth and the weapon? 

So releated to the problem with the fissures not spawning inside the crew ships, with me being the host of the mission, I have to wait for someone to get inside a crewship and tell me that the animation ended, and then I have to get out of the pilot position, go out of the railjack, go back in and then the game updates itself and the corrupted enemies spawn, and that applies to the objectives and the orokin derelict in the skirmish missions, thats the only workaround that I found which seems to be constant.

Thought I had about making void storms more worthwhile for us long term.

Have the void storms treat the relics as a refinement rank higher than what they are (so Intact would be treated as if Exceptional). and then there would be a new "Super Charged" state for Radiant relics that further improves the drop chances of rare items.  This would encourage void storm play if hunting for rare items or rad shares.  

Fits into the lore as the raw void energy of the storm impacts the relics. 

Look, there are a lot of valid complaints to be made, but these people saying that it takes 20 minutes to open a single relic are making it hard for the important stuff to be taken seriously. One person a few posts above me claims it's a 30-35 minute slog. Come on. You can solo some of these missions in under 3 minutes, 5 if you get a lousy side objective (one of the problems with the game mode itself: big variation on missions of the same type). You can't compare Void Storms to capture fissures and then single out the slowest of the slow as your reference point, that is just misleading and tells me some people aren't interested in a honest discussion. Yeah, defense missions shouldn't exist in Railjack. Maybe they shouldn't even exist in the game at all in its current format, it's an outdated mode with mostly awful layouts. That's not a Void Storm problem, tho, it's a defense mission problem, and even then, if you're taking 20 minutes for a single rotation, that's also a you problem.

Anyway. The best case scenario in Void Storms is still slower than the best case scenario in a regular fissure, but it seems appropriate - the reward tables for Railjack missions are infinitely better than the ones in regular missions, on top of all the credits and endo. It's not the best place to open relics if that's all you're interested in, but it's a much more efficient place to multitask - if Void Storms were just as fast, we'd be complaining about how regular fissures were going to become dead content instead. Yes, there is some reward dilution with the blueprints, but it's only noticeable because unlike in 99% of regular missions, there are rewards worth getting. Have you looked at the capture rewards table recently? Is 30% to get a Sevagoth part that you already have really worse than 100% to get a lousy ultra common mod you already have hundreds if not thousands of (including fan favourites such as Ammo Drum, Magazine Warp and Trick Mag - these alone account for more than 30% of the capture rewards!), a... *checks* Health Restore or a....... *double checks* Omni Ammo Box?

Just had this happen to me today. I organized a railjack group to farm Sevagoth, and when the mission started, I got kicked out of my group because I needed to scrap my wreckage. This is VERY FRUSTRATING since I had no means of contacting anyone in my group. Getting interrupted because I'm over my wreckage limit is annoying, but getting kicked out of my group is 10x worse.

I quite like how difficult void storms can be especially if its a category 5 but what I would like to see is it be more rewarding since there isn't really a point to playing void storm missions instead of playing normal relic missions. Either way its a welcomed addition and since I've first played this game this update has to be up there as one of my favourites.

Having the Void Anomaly carry over into void storms is seriously annoying.

Particularly when it's the only grineer void storm available.

That thing takes waaaay too long to be bothered with even during a regular mission, let alone a void relic unlock.

So, I must have gotten lucky getting the drops for my first Sevagoth from the void storms and have come to really hate the way the drop tables are structured.  So, farming for the second Sevagoth to feed the Helminth, and I've gotten the one chassis, 6 systems and no more neuroptics.

Now if this was like a boss fight, where you're guaranteed a warframe part bp for each run it wouldn't be too bad, and I'd just consider it bad luck RNG.  Unfortunately it's not, since it's an overall 30% chance for the sevagoth part drop, and only 10% for the specific one needed.

Every other frame (for better or worse except nidus) has either a guaranteed drop from a mission (boss) or a specific mission type / location for a specific part (different spy difficulty levels for ivara).  I'll admit that I may not remember the drop location or method for each frame, but it's almost every one that has the specific drop locations or guaranteed drops.

This could be fixed for sevagoth (and his pistol) by having his specific parts drop from a specific Proxima location.  Say you keep the 30% drop rate overall and just have each part at the specific proxima or have it shifted to more heavily favor one part drop at one proxima, say 20/5/5.

Alternatively allow players to trade the base sevagoth part bps.

The game mode is amazing. 

It would be nice to have free flight on ordis to give the game even more the feeling of emersion, beïng in space.

The only problem for now with void relics to me is getting reactants.

Reactants really are an issue with void storms.

Tank you.

Yoooo!! So I echo most sentiments regarding the void FX and being able to crack multiple relics. I'm all about that. 

I also echo the sentiments of want more Railjack fighting and less normal on foot stuff 

But I'll tell you what... When I heard about void storms, this is not what I had in mind, especially now with the cool shanty vibe. 

I would love to have to fly through some cool space storm, fighting off ghost ships and listening to cool space pirate music, surviving long enough to charge our relics. 

Maybe we have to stay within a certain area, and get knocked out of it by the ghost ships, so we have defeat them and stay within the area to charge the relics before a certain amount elapses. 

I'm just spitballing here. 

I love this game. DE, you guys have built something truly wonderful. I think we just want to see your creative juices out out some true to form spaceship combat, and leave the on foot segments (at least most of it) to the normal missions.

The amount of fissures and especially the resultant reactents dropping on Grineer missions is far to low. I am playing Warframe for 3 years or so, i think i had more missions not cracking the relic after this update then in all my playing time before.

Archived