Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii Quest Bugs/Feedback Megathread: SPOILERS (Closed)

[DE]CoreyOnline

Hello Tenno!

Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii is live on all platforms and we are looking to hear your thoughts on the brand new quest!

With Update 30, we are continuing with our new Trello Board approach from last month to communicate known bugs, fixed bugs, and popular feedback submitted by you, the community! To see a list of known bugs and fixed issues, please check out our new Trello Board: [U30 Trello Link]

You will also be able to see notifications of changes and fixes by joining our official Discord Channel, found here: [Discord Link!]

Please use this thread to let us know your feelings on the following:

• How easy was it to understand the new quest and what you have to do to succeed?
  • What was it like having Railjack involved in a narrative quest?
  • Thoughts on gameplay, difficulty, visuals, or in-game guidance?
  • Anything else that comes to mind!

If you want to let us know your feedback, please make sure that you do so in a civil and constructive manner. Read our How to Provide Good Constructive Feedback thread before posting.

If you like something, let us know! If you did not like an aspect of the new quest, then tell us what it is, and what you would change to make it better!

If you have encountered a bug with any of the new content, be sure to submit a bug report over on our Bug-Hunting Megathread!

For some Tenno, this may be your first time experiencing the changes to Railjack that released on PC last month! If you do not have a bug, and simply want to share feedback on some aspect of the new Railjack, please use our dedicated feedback megathreads:

UPDATE: May 4 2021

We have officially started winding down the Update 30: Bug + Feedback Tracking board and are now closing the dedicated Update 30 subforum and megathreads. We are shifting resources and focus onto the next upcoming release for Warframe: The Sisters of Parvos!

As we conclude our first trial run of a public tracking board, we want to thank everyone who shared bug reports and feedback in the dedicated megathreads. Your participation was invaluable and we look forward to our next board when The Sisters of Parvos releases, which will continue this experiment to share known issues and feedback in an organized fashion.

I am unable to use the Tempestarii's Countermeasures during the quest... When the moment comes to use it, it doesnt work, nothing happens even after spamming the button or trying to bind the Alt-Fire key to another button. A few seconds after the Ordinance icon shows up Cephalon Cy shows up saying that a Sentient in the ship is blocking the Ordinance but there is nothing onboard.

Fun quest! :satisfied: Always game for more Cy content, and the song was fantastic!

The thing that was the biggest step forward to me in terms of design language was the part where you got to practice with the Shadow during the musical number. One thing that Warframe has lacked since its inception is any sort of hands-on tutorial for frames, or even a "try before you buy" mode where you can experiment with powers and their interactions. Now I'm not saying each frame needs a bespoke training area with a fully produced shanty accompaniment, but this showed (to me, at least) that you can get a sufficient feel for a frame's basic rhythm with just an empty room, basic prompts and some paper targets - might be something to look into down the road for the Codex's frame section?

For the most part the main quest itself was fine and IMHO a nice (if not a tad short) lore drop. 

The only thing that stood out to me was the Arena melee fight, I got like nothing out of that in terms of getting a feel for the frame and it's power set. Which to me seems to be the only reason to really have that segment.

The problems where the lack of any real feedback for the player. 

No UI
No damage feedback
and only sparse "press X to use an ability" suggestions(?)

Ability wise I have no clue what this frame does from that encounter (outside of melee) 2 seems to dash(?) and 3 causes him to throw his arms up in the air and maybe do a thing?

At the end of that "fight" the only real feeling I walked away with was that it existed because you made that song and I was going to listen to it weather I wanted to or not. And while the song was decent I honestly would have preferred an "on rails" railjack quasi-cinematic space battle while the song played out. 

30 minutes ago, Gotimo said:

i've ran the second mission in the quest three times now, and every time this vault spawns completely unopenable.

yes, i've looked around. there is no way in. 

vADLgY5.png

Actually, it is possible. Here's a hint: You're looking at all the rooms you can get to from the wrong angles... :)

As for myself, I enjoyed the quest. It did feel a little short, but there's no faulting the quality of the content. I know some people would probably have had issue if you'd added extra quests for the sake of padding, but it might have given the mission arc a longer feel. The only other recommendation I could have for something like this is where the regular in-game content feels like a continuation of the story mode, and not just regular grinding. As in, completing a mission along the way unlocks more radio chatter, or specific interactions with the player. So that even though the "story mission" sequence has ended, there's still this feeling of playing a really long single-player engagement, interspersed with your regular multiplayer content. Maybe the occasional single player mission comes along that directly references stuff you've done in previous chapters, which makes you feel like a part of an evolving story universe.

Other than that suggestion, I very much enjoyed it. On a related note, is there anywhere where that shanty can be cued up? On Venus, for instance, you can find the clickpoint to trigger the "We all lift together" track. Is there a place like that kicking around the orbiter, or maybe something we can pick up? I'd love to be able to cue that track up again.

21 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I am unable to use the Tempestarii's Countermeasures during the quest... When the moment comes to use it, it doesnt work, nothing happens even after spamming the button or trying to bind the Alt-Fire key to another button. A few seconds after the Ordinance icon shows up Cephalon Cy shows up saying that a Sentient in the ship is blocking the Ordinance but there is nothing onboard.

I'm not even getting the sentient message. I just click the Alt-fire button and nothing happens.

During the part where you fight against corpus enemies as Sevagoth, the song and music never played, I was told afterwards about how that part actually had such a musical segment. I play on PC.

Edit: Disregard this post, remembered that I play with music off. Certainly makes for an awkward moment during the quest, but it is what it is.

33 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

We have a team member investigating now! Thank you for your report! 

52 minutes ago, Kitsushadow said:

Actually, it is possible. Here's a hint: You're looking at all the rooms you can get to from the wrong angles... :)

vents lead nowhere. the other door around is sealed shut.

54 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

For me, the key shown was incorrect: it's the same key that you use to shoot the ordnance from railjack (in my case, Mouse3), even tough it was shown as LAlt

==============================

As for the quest, I thought it was visually great, but too short... and the part where we play with the new frame was a mess because we don't know what his abilities are, so it said "press 3" and it just emits some FX but I still have no clue what it does... The descriptions should be like "<Ability 2 name>: Press [2] to dash into the enemy, causing damage and effects X, Y and Z."

I don't have any feedback for the art, sound, and visual design of the Quest and its contents. It's very well done and was quite enjoyable. 

My major point of feedback stems from the narrative structure of this quest and a variety of quests in Warframe. In my personal opinion, Warframe quests employ a lot of "buzzwords" and exposition without any explanation. Events are described in game that players have no way of knowing about. It causes a severe disconnect for me when Cy or Ordis or the other NPCs in the game talk about events so matter-of-factly, especially when there is literally no way for me as a player to know what is being talked about. I feel like a spectator more than a participant. 

I don't think the solution is large exposition dumps either. I personally feel like there needs to be a priority during a quest to not just make the player have new questions. We have 7 years and multiple quests worth of questions that need answering. Answer some questions with every quest. Don't just leave us in the dark narratively. 

With this quest, I legitimately found myself wondering "what is going on?" several times throughout its short duration. I will avoid spoilers here for obvious reasons, but there's sequences and characters that I don't understand the purpose of. By the time I was even vaguely starting to comprehend what was going on, the quest ended, and as is the case with Warframe's narrative, it ends on an extremely confusing cliffhanger. 

As I see it right now, the game's narrative is a collection of frayed threads going in a multitude of directions. There's nothing really tying things together, and it feels like the world is disconnected from me as a player. I do my very best to stay updated with the lore, I really do. I've been playing since Update 8, and back then we didn't have lore. It just feels more and more obscure and esoteric an experience to participate in narratively for me. There's been a variety of changes and whiplash inducing retcons and rewrites that I truthfully don't know how I could find myself invested in such a disparate narrative experience. 

Apologies for the harsh feedback. I know the team is working very hard to make an amazing game, and I wish to see this game's narrative ship right itself as it were. I love this game's lore and story potential. I just don't think the last few years of releases have contributed particularly well to making the world cohesive. 

• How easy was it to understand the new quest and what you have to do to succeed?

he quest was pretty easy to understand, the pointers for the mission worked well for me too. One little bug was a lacking of pointer for a "disruptor osprey" (cannot remember the name) in the hacking/deactivating the beam part, but it was kinda obvious I needed to get rid of one since the hacking was interrupted.

The "confusing" (keep in mynd the " ") part was when we laid unconsiouss and we use Sevagoth while the cool song was playing, at first I thought I had to do something to advance but later realized that was just a little sneak peak for his abilities while enjoying the song. If I had found out earlier, I would've paid more attention to the lyrics on the mission.

• What was it like having Railjack involved in a narrative quest?

Pretty cool honestly, piloting my ship and then entering to the Temepstarii was amazing, a very cool effect that I cannot think without Railjacks being involved, not just because I was boarding a literal railjack, but the "sense" of getting into other unkown ship was priceless, was very similar to the first time I entered a derrelict ship or a sentient ship in Veil Proxima.

• Thoughts on gameplay, difficulty, visuals, or in-game guidance?

Perosnally, too easy, but considering that is directed to new players as well I may say it's a the right spot, having a mix of new missions and old missions in railjack was a nice touch.

• Anything else that comes to mind!

The relevance of Vala it's kinda unkown, but since at the end she is helped by Parvos I assume she maybe reapear later as one of the corpus Liches story-wise or in charge of them at least. I want to see her more, but I would understand if she didn't appear again as a lot of "important" characters. If anything, I trust your (dev team) decisions regarding lore and characters.

I don't plan to buy Sevagoth, and I haven't farmed him yet so there is my feedback for now.

Possible bug ??? having issues with Warframe. Stuck at connecting (0%). It will sometimes pop up with it saying you need to have an update to play this game (I’ve sat through the 30g update for update 30). Did hard resetting (Xbox) held it down and everything, uninstalled and reinstalled same thing I’ve even unplug it for 1 min and still the same. Help

31 minutes ago, Daiwulf said:

For me, the key shown was incorrect: it's the same key that you use to shoot the ordnance from railjack (in my case, Mouse3), even tough it was shown as LAlt

==============================

As for the quest, I thought it was visually great, but too short... and the part where we play with the new frame was a mess because we don't know what his abilities are, so it said "press 3" and it just emits some FX but I still have no clue what it does... The descriptions should be like "<Ability 2 name>: Press [2] to dash into the enemy, causing damage and effects X, Y and Z."

That did it for me! Thanks Tenno!

To those who haven't played COTT, the latest quest, I HIGHLY suggest playing it. To those that have, I have a suggestion for utilizing the Tempestarii.

Y'know, something has gotten me thinking since completing Call of the Tempestarii. Why not be able to construct a beacon to call upon the Tempestarii in Railjack missions, and even be able to pilot it and use it's abilities? Granted it'll need a bit of a cooldown (5 minutes is plenty for a cd), or have it as a Battle Avionic? The Tempestarii is a Rescue Railjack, correct? Wouldn't it make sense to call upon it's powers to help you in battle? Granted it'll need a bit of tweaking if either route is taken, but here's what i'm thinking.

If the beacon route is taken:

You are allowed to pilot the Tempestarii once it's called upon, or have it be like an Umbra, be your bodyguard in the mission. These beacon blueprints are obtainable through Void Storms, and are able to be made through Foundry. If you have a crew, you can assign your crew to either pilot your RJ or the Tempestarii, depending on how you assign them. The Tempestarii is more powerful when manned by (a) Sevagoth.

If the battle avionic route is taken:

Tempestarii's Service
Offensive Avionic
Call upon the Tempestarii to devastate your foes and send them to the void, the same fate it befelled.

Now if this route is taken, we would need to tweak it so it doesn't seem opath, as the Tempestarii's countermeasures is quite powerful, as seen when it launches the countermeasure at Vala, sending her to the void. It would be cool if OUR railjack could do that, but we don't need it to be super op-ness. Here's what I'm thinking. For energy costs, it would cost about 50 energy to use, and Lavos-wise, it would share the same cooldown as a normal offensive avionic. But with this avionic, you can basically see your enemies get turned to void mush, the same way kinda like how Void Hole works, but more devastating.

Let me know what you all think!

hace 4 minutos, (XBOX)WskyTngoFxt dijo:

Possible bug ??? having issues with Warframe. Stuck at connecting (0%). It will sometimes pop up with it saying you need to have an update to play this game (I’ve sat through the 30g update for update 30). Did hard resetting (Xbox) held it down and everything, uninstalled and reinstalled same thing I’ve even unplug it for 1 min and still the same. Help

DE already said that he is working on solving the problem with the Xbox version, no idea how long it will take.

Archived