Spider frame?

During the webcast the other day, Megan mentioned that Khora was originally angling to be more spider-themed. Thus, things like the whips, the strangledome, etc. But she evolved into a cat-frame in the end.

That said, is there any intent in the future to build a Spider-themed frame? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

18 minutes ago, Kitsushadow said:

During the webcast the other day, Megan mentioned that Khora was originally angling to be more spider-themed. Thus, things like the whips, the strangledome, etc. But she evolved into a cat-frame in the end.

That said, is there any intent in the future to build a Spider-themed frame? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

Yeah, and Revenant was supposed to be vampire-themed. They are both so far off it's not even funny.

Edited by (PSN)Yggranya

Until now, no. At least not official. And I could bet that you can probably wait years until DE decides to make a full spider themed frame, because Khora (You mentioned why.)

Btw. if we will ever get a full spider frame I'm more curious about the gender. Spider themed characters are somehow only mostly female in video games. Or at least I don't know any many male spider characters, which look at least a bit like a human.

Edited by ES-Flinter

45 minutes ago, ES-Flinter said:

Btw. if we will ever get a full spider frame I'm more curious about the gender. Spider themed characters are somehow only female in video games. Or at least I don't know any male spider characters, which look at least a bit like a human.

What about Spiderman?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ES-Flinter said:

Until now, no. At least not official. And I could bet that you can probably wait years until DE decides to make a full spider themed frame, because Khora (You mentioned why.)

Btw. if we will ever get a full spider frame I'm more curious about the gender. Spider themed characters are somehow only female in video games. Or at least I don't know any male spider characters, which look at least a bit like a human.

What about Zephon in soul reaver? For me it's the most iconic spider boss in videogames, it's trully unique and doesn't rely on usual tropes. Also that level is amazing, a lot of verticallity and puzzles

• Like 1

vor 4 Minuten schrieb (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face:

What about Spiderman?

Spiderman isn't a videogame Character. He's a (marvel) comic(-book) character with video games just like Lara craft (tomb raider) is a videogame charakterer with movies. Their first appearance make them what they are. (official rule from Nintendo. That's why Goku will never be in super smash XD )

vor 6 Minuten schrieb vanaukas:

What about Zephon in soul reaver? For me it's the most iconic spider boss in videogames, it's trully unique and doesn't rely on usual tropes. Also that level is amazing, a lot of verticallity and puzzles

Never heard from him (or this game). But as long as he comes from a video game and is a spider does it disapprove my statement. Even though that one guy vs. xy womens is still low.

27 minutes ago, ES-Flinter said:

Never heard from him (or this game). But as long as he comes from a video game and is a spider does it disapprove my statement. Even though that one guy vs. xy womens is still low.

1 hour ago, ES-Flinter said:

Btw. if we will ever get a full spider frame I'm more curious about the gender. Spider themed characters are somehow only mostly female in video games. Or at least I don't know any many male spider characters, which look at least a bit like a human.

Tarantulas from Transformers BeastWars  is probably decently more on point to a warframe thinking.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Tarantulas_(BW)

The problem with a spider is their movement.  What can they do that would be difficult to do in game?  Wall crawling would be the big one.  We can cling but not climb.
Tunneling is another but they could always just modify Hydroids ability. (think trap door spiders)

Beyond that... should all be withing the realm of the game to do.  Cocoon, suck juice/blood, interesting leaping, extra legged looks (look at Titania wings and such.), stealthy hunting...  Yeah, all doable.

33 minutes ago, OneYenShort said:

The problem with a spider is their movement.  What can they do that would be difficult to do in game?  Wall crawling would be the big one.  We can cling but not climb.
Tunneling is another but they could always just modify Hydroids ability. (think trap door spiders)

It's not that hard since it's kinda universal at this point the use of procedural animation movment to do that kind of animations, wich can simplify a  lot of complex movements, the most nmotably example are spider-like creatures since they need to keep a concordance between the 8 legs

1 hour ago, (PSN)Tactless_Ninja said:

Trinity is spider themed. She paralyzes her foes and draws nutrients from them. And has and ability that threads out and attaches to them. 

She has vestigial legs and an abdomen in her armor as well. 

Oh... That is what her butt is supposed to be.  I always wondered.

1 hour ago, vanaukas said:

It's not that hard since it's kinda universal at this point the use of procedural animation movment to do that kind of animations, wich can simplify a  lot of complex movements, the most nmotably example are spider-like creatures since they need to keep a concordance between the 8 legs

Its not the animation that is the issue, it is the actual wall crawling.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

Yeah, and Revenant was supposed to be vampire-themed. They are both so far off it's not even funny.

Revenant is based on the powers of classic vampires: a corpse who hypnotizes people and turns into fog. You would be surprised how little Dracula in the novel resembles Dracula in the zeitgeist

I think something like Elise from League of Legends with some alterations here and there would work very well in Warframe. I recall they mentioned a spider frame in one of the dev streams and that they did have something but it was not any prio.

07a023e4d9c6a6996d5aeefce587a3e1.jpg

Edited by RazerXPrime