Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Call of the Tempestarii: Update 30

[DE]Rebecca

I like the concept of void storm, as a solo player with no High/max gear at hand but one that completed/handled veil missions, I find these random burst of energy threats increase the challenge or a sense of urgency (time). Although I hate how the void rifts spawns/blows up immediately on top of me forcing me to reduce my warframe movement speed (restriction is fun if done correctly, but not like this). The threat of the enemy pilots is being severely downplayed by the storms presence, so need to cut down or mix up that aspect, but its not terrible for a solo player experience.

Finally, why wasnt the queen pins added to this update if this was such a short update, this only added the Tempestarii quest (PC player).  This update shouldve been launched with 29.10 itself. 

13 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Our reasoning for the cap correlates to the Corpus Fighter spawn exploit that was used to endlessly acquire items, including Armaments.

Huh?

I thought that infinite spawn on corpus missions was intended(like it is for most of normal missions).

If it wasnt then everyone in DE did not notice it before releasing which i find very doubtful.

Hello there,

liked the quest (although a little short ;) ), the music and song is great, the railjack skin is AWESOME ! Hope to see more of that antagonist soon(TM)

very cool to introduce relics cracking in proximas (with added rewards as a bonus !) ... not a fan of the random zapping though

Petitioning to rename Void Storms to Reactant Droughts

Never thought I'd see 4 MR25+ people standing on the bridge brain storming how the hell to squeeze out missing 8 reactants from an Axi fissure. Is this advanced endgame? Put some in hidden derelict cache or inside CS or something cause tailgating last CS for 10 minutes hoping it sneezes those sleds is not fun.

The obvious solution is of course to 'pre-corrupt' everything in a tileset but that would inevitably hurt some designer's feeling, right?

On second thought, I was buying anything above common that dropped from Lith for exactly this reason so maybe it's all part of a big picture ...

18 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

• Fixed Eximus enemies no longer having drops due to the recent move of Oberon & Ash Blueprints to Railjack. 

• For now, Eximus drop tables will reflect their normal variants. We’re experimenting with some other potential drop avenues and making improvements to Eximus overall on the heels of this change.

PLEASE make Eximus units drop RELICS!

If I recall correctly, back when void keys were turning into relics and fissure missions, it was mentioned that you guys were planning to put relic drops on eximus units.

Please add that too!
(especially better if rare relics of course hahhaha)

2 hours ago, Marko_Harris said:

Sometimes it explodes really hard until I'm almost blind

20210414115251-1.jpg

yeah, and if your standing in the explosion, its gets really laggy with big fps drops. Maybe my gpu is starting to be obsolete. But this game is really well optimized besides these new explosions.

so, i havnt read the patchnotes until now, after doing the quest... for a major update(30) this feels kinda lacking, maybe because i thought that the queenpins would be implemented too.

guess soon™.

the quest itself and the setting, dunno, doesnt feel like warframe. the forced invulneral-segment and the song really downgraded the experience. other than that, a quest, a chain of some missiontypes we know with some lore. nothing big, but not too bad in general for warframe additions. i miss the old obscure warframe feeling in stories, i expected a flying dutchmen like pirate/horror story. for example a warframe that went rogue against the golden masters in the space-operations and had hit and run operations against the golden empire until the void-engine went haywire and corrupted everything on the ship. could lead up to some interesting man-in-the-wall lore segment...but naaah...
make it a weird space-funeral scene. sevagoth is gone? fine, go build him now for yourself....

but seriously, what did i expect after edgy wraith "sevagoth" mc edgelord and angry bigpants corpus lady.

on a positive endnote: those 30 minutes were smooth without bugs and crashes. runs on my system.

e; oh and on the comment that they break the update in smaller parts.... I heard of it, but i didnt expect it to be that small after that hype for a "big" update(30.0).

vor 9 Minuten schrieb SGreen20:

the forced invulneral-segment and the song really downgraded the experience.

The whole segment with the "new" warframe, (which feels like a discount amalgamation of Garuda, Rhino, Nekros and Inaros) is just there for the song. Would have been way cooler, if that segment was an actual playable mission instead of a scripted (boring) tutorial/kiosk mode for the new warframe, whose only unique ability is... well, just look at his body movement and tell me what that represents. I am waiting for a video from Shy pointing this out as well.

I actually was excited for some new music, but as soon this new song hit my ears, I set the music to 0% after a couple of seconds. At that point my patience was already low, so I Alt+F4'd out of this a little later. 

I was also able to break the game, at some point. Running around with Railjack Abilities instead of Warframe ones is.. fun, though. 

This update isn't "bad", it's more mediocre, it shouldn't bear the Milestone mark of "Version 30". It adds a new quest with outstanding visuals, a new so-so signature music, a new copy&paste warframe in an unique model - you only get if you suffer from FOMO anyway - and a couple of new gamemodes, which should have been there with the initial release. One of them is even odd to begin with and makes no sense. It needs a Void storm to farm relics in RJ, but no storm in ground missions, while the ACTUAL Void Storm hazard hasn't been used since Version 9? what? If there were at least "RJ Void Storms" on RJ Venus, which will reflect in Venus ground missions as "Ground Void Storm", too, using the same effect AND corrupted Void Tear enemies... well. that would have been nice. 

But RJ is once again detached, even having a button for ground/Railjack is a sign for that. I still wonder why Ships orbiting a planet are not considered for RJ, too. In other words, it's no problem to board a ship in space using the Landing Ship, but to board the very same ship in RJ is something different, huh? Another missed opportunity for RJ are Invasions. Most of them start out on either a Grineer Ship or Corpus Ship, why the hell can't we play THAT in RJ, too? If you look out of one of the windows, you SEE there is war going on outside, why can't we join space combat with the RJ to help either side? Like shooting down Grineer landing caps, which are basically the 1:1 same thing as slammed into the wall of a Corpus Ship. And here is another one: In RJ, you can leave a Grineer Galleon, but if you play a normal grineer mission IN THE SAME TILESET, you are not able to even go into Archwing? Imagine playing on Mercury Grineer Galleon and being able to leave the ship as an Archwing (only) within a certain distance (ofc), because you blow open/hacked/found an open airlock. You could a farm a few RJ ressources there, too. Not the same amount as in real RJ, but it's there. Also you could hide stuff that way too. And introduce a massive mission change, where a mission starts out as ground, but suddenly the threat isn't on that ship anymore, so the RJ gets called in to board asap and it ends as a RJ mission. Heck, you can do an optional mission by exiting airlock A ,find a hidden Airlock B and blow up the ship after extermination to loot the leftovers (you may have to fly away in a certain distance before it blows up). Things like that would tie RJ way more into the game add, heck even add more immersion overall. For now Railjack is this shiny expensive car you only drive on sundays.

7 hours ago, NoSpax said:

I actually was excited for some new music, but as soon this new song hit my ears, I set the music to 0% after a couple of seconds. At that point my patience was already low, so I Alt+F4'd out of this a little later. 

The music was so awkward and out of place that I was shifting between laughing and cringing until i turned off the volume. I know it's hard to top the Second Dream but this is way below(pun intended). I mean, some organ gothic music would have been perfect for this frame, not some mine dwarf themed song.

6 hours ago, radiation34 said:

Still no fix for scintillant.... Guess i'm still not playing.

That's a bit harsh, Scintillant is even easier to get now that DE made them a glowing light show, look up when you come and go through each room, they just float around, you must have bad luck if you're not getting any after all the fixes.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Ciober:

The music was so awkward and out of place that I was shifting between laughing and cringing until i turned off the volume. I know it's hard to top the Second Dream but this is way below(pun intended). I mean, some organ gothic music would have been perfect for this frame, not some mine dwarf themed song.

now that you mentioned it, i cant unhear it. the lyrics try to be pirate-ish but the instrumental...i mistook them for some creepy folklore shanty, but that mining song analogy.

i didnt even try the voidstorm relic-missions yet, after all the stuff i ve read here, the reactant-drops seem to be...critical.

On 2021-04-13 at 9:21 PM, CyberneticSusurrus said:

Clearly you didn't pay attention during the quest. Or to the patchnotes.

Yeah, I realize that now. XD

Can you make it so that when we equip the

Spoiler

Tempestarii Skin onto our Railjack, the inside of the ship

looks the same as in the campaign? Just asking.

15 hours ago, THE_TELINIUS said:

i would like to say i enjoyed the update...but unfortunately it was really lack lustre, i know we got a new quest and more lore to the game but other than that its just...new warframe and a new weapon. also a railjack version of void fissure missions and encountered multiple bugs in it. This is quite possibly the most bare-bones mainline update yet. Absolutely none of this content interests me; Sevagoth looks reliant on solo missions, I don't play Mirage, and I hate Railjack. well, its nice to see railjack still being a bad experience, atleast i don't have to bother with that ever..

oh wait... it gets forced if you want to do the story update.. wow.. coulda seen that coming..

stop revolving new content around railjack, cuz every time you do there is always a lot of bugs and you guys have to waste time fixing them. focus on thing the community wants. i.e cross save and cross play

You didn't even TRY to hide the fact you copied my comment word for word. Come up with your own original complaints!

Come to think of it, the whole quest seems pointless and is incoherent.

If you didn't played it yet, skip this post. i'll wrap it in a Spoiler Tag for convenience.

Spoiler

So, we are on our way into an Interception of a Corpus fleet (for whatever reason untold, for a place to remember we never even heard of) which is on their way into the Veil, while the Grineer are already there and we never got a mail like this for them. Why do we need to care, as we are the ones restoring balance as an observer?

On our way we meet the "Flying Dutchman" uh... "The Ghost ship". After that we end up in  a former battlefield to salvage stuff we did countless times before. Only there is a Void Storm, we could neglect as we have been IN THE VOID countless times before. Warframes actually do benefit from Void Storms, but it is retconned into ooooh danger.

While we get attacked by flying Corpus Trash, first a Corpus Captain appears and then the Ghost reappears. Nice Moby-$&*^ Story so far. Can't wait to kill the white whale. Spoiler: We actually pull an UNO reverse card later.

Then we get to raid a corpus ship for data AFTER the emergency exit. How do we even know it's there? If Cy is so aware of the stuff happening in Origin, he should be able to find the ghost, too. We should have gone for a spy before to even be able to find that one.

At this point, you already wasted 15 Minutes of your life playing a cutscene with debatable storytelling. But, wait there's more.

After the usual Spy activity, we go into Pluto Space to call the Tempestarii to convince her, we are the good ones and are able to board it. Yeah, if it is that f**king easy to call the Tempestarii, why didn't Captain PTSD look into the archives to get one of the Orokin SOS beacons. I still wonder how Corpus works, even after they have been raided in Spy missions 24/7 anyway...

As we arrive there, we can witness how Nekros would re-decorate. Looks nice though, a little egdy but ok. 

AND that is the point, where the story telling takes a bit of a dump.

Thanks to us, the Tempestarii was able to be captured, after we repaired the most important part of it. We get a scene, where some girl tells us her boring tragedy background we could care less about as she's the enemy. Did somebody read Vor's memories? Kela de Thayms Cookbook? No? Guessed it. While slicing the f**k out of Corpus entities, she sings us her song we can't lift together with and won't be remembered, why would we REMEMBER SONGS OF THE ENEMY? Had my music to 0%, before my eardrums rip and tear. This alone makes absolutely NO SENSE. If you recorded that, just cut this part out and stitch the time from the EMP to the wake up together. Doesn't change the story at all, except saving to render 6-7 minutes. in that area you are bound by script, no matter what you do, as soon the song is over, the scene ends. Just AFK, works. Btw, I heard Vor is now double timing his story about his key in rapform, his single "Key and Me" is considered for the "Kuva" Award for being #1 in the charts for over 7 weeks.

If we left the Tempestarii alone, Captain Moby-$&*^ wouldn't been able to capture it in the first place. If we didn't repair the data, the destruction of the ship would be pointless as well, as we Tenno are the only ones who can decrypt these. By the way, the Tempestarii is in godmode the whole time, why would it even be able to destroyed? Haha, that's a good one. Game Design tells to give a player a sense of urgency, so they rush in areas, there is no danger in the first place. Tell me, how many secrets did you forgot while rushing that mission, because an object in godmode is threatened to be destroyed? 

After unlocking all sorts of things, we shoot Captain Iglo into oblivion to meet her maker (Literally) and escape into the void. We could have given Captain Fishsticks her revenge by letting her destroy the Tempestarii (how, lol?)  she has been searching for years with no results and use our own Railjack to enter the void to salvage the coffin of Sevagoth, just to bury him where we got him from?!? 

After the corpse fireworks, Cy tells us this won't be the last time we see the Tempestarii.... WHAT?!?! It's helm was given a taste of Trinitrotoluene, how and who is gonna man this thing now? Oh yeah, just let it drift in space aimlessly, so the Grineer can board it to make one of their space rave parties. 

What do we get by interfering? Another revenge angel in form of a Corpus Witch with a capital B and a busted Railjack w/o pilot.

What did we get by NOT interfering? Normal life in space. Aside from Void Storms, Murex and other annoying Factions trying to do stuff as always.

I usually don't tear things apart, but I needed to get that off my mind.

22 minutes ago, NoSpax said:

[snip]

You're not wrong, but tbf we're angsty space teens being assisted by a computer with antisocial personality disorder levels of empathy, who went out of his way to call the whole plan stupid right at the start. 

Thanks DE for the update !

The quest was pretty cool even if it was pretty short. It's always nice to discover more of the Warframe univers :) Also the new song is cool ^^

Sevagoth the edge-captain is a fun and good frame.

BUT what's the point of doing void mission in railjack ? Beside the (overload of) visual effects. It's the same mechanics than in normal missions, except longer and more complex. There is no added value by the void storm, it's not faster, you can't open multiple relics at a time, you can't influence more the drop chances, you can't farm the void traces more efficiently ... there's nothing more, not even a little bit. 

Considering the epic scale of void storm I feel it's a bit of a waste to just use it as "open relics but in space". When more of the story get released they will probably (I hope) have a special place as singular events. Also I think the sound design and visual effects were much better when the void storm were first showed with the Duviri Paradox.

I wish you best, and I hope you can continue your mindblowing work on Warframe for as long as you wish.

Archived