Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Call of the Tempestarii: Update 30

[DE]Rebecca

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

If you purchase Sevagoth with Platinum, you will receive a Riven Mod as a Quest Reward in addition to the Sevagoth Blueprint and some other secret goodies.

Damn so wish I saw this before I did the quest :(

Oh wow! Y'all are making it even buggier and broken with each hotfix... That was completely insanely screwed!
- Invincible enemies board the ship and stand there in idle poses.
- Repeated rubberbanding of loading into areas
- Still unnecessary wait for entering the interior part of missions, or to leave them, all the while being hit by void storms
- And my buddy had a complete crash to reboot....

Not to mention the issue with post-mission infinite loading time until the host goes alt-F4 is still a thing...
With no ability to chat, bring up menu or anything.... Just run around the ship and hope the host gets the message and rage-quits so the rest of us get our rewards on host migration...

Uhm, It's good to have the quest don't get me wrong, but weren't we supposed to be getting capital ships and Queenpins and new weapons with this update? I'm kinda confused, DE was hyping this update to be much bigger... well, to be as big as main updates usually are TBH. And in the release post they reiterated all the changes we got from Railjack Retrofit, almost like trying to make it look bigger. it looks to me like something went very wrong and they had to significantly downsize it or something along those lines.

Also, this is pff-topic but it needs to be repeated ad nauseam: DE, please make Railjack missions about Railjack and don't force us to do regular missions on every node. Railjack needs to be more than a space taxi. When we talk about content islands we don't mean to say we want every mission type and vehicle mashed together.

6 hours ago, _Mr.Robot said:

Why have you still not reverted the RJ forced join mission?

Why do I grind all the Weapons and Components to build MY Railjack, that I cant use unless I go solo or there are no open squads already in the mission?

Why am I being forced into someone elses trash ship when I start in my own fully built?

It goes off the best connection is what I learned, you have to either start solo or run with a full crew.

17 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

So all this adds is a warframe, a skin, and void fissures for railjack? Why wasn't this just added with corpus proxima if its this small? Nothing this update just added is interesting to me. Sevagoth isn't my style, i don't play mirage, and corpus proxima ruined railjack for me, so fissures or not I ain't playing it until its worth more then a taxi.

If you saw the previous devstreams they broke this up into 3 different parts. Covid has been hurting them so they are pushing a lot back. This was suppose to basically be a giant railjack update but instead bits and pieces.

11 hours ago, PraetorGix said:

Uhm, It's good to have the quest don't get me wrong, but weren't we supposed to be getting capital ships and Queenpins and new weapons with this update? I'm kinda confused, DE was hyping this update to be much bigger... well, to be as big as main updates usually are TBH. And in the release post they reiterated all the changes we got from Railjack Retrofit, almost like trying to make it look bigger. it looks to me like something went very wrong and they had to significantly downsize it or something along those lines.

Also, this is pff-topic but it needs to be repeated ad nauseam: DE, please make Railjack missions about Railjack and don't force us to do regular missions on every node. Railjack needs to be more than a space taxi. When we talk about content islands we don't mean to say we want every mission type and vehicle mashed together.

They are breaking this up, covid has hurt their progress and release schedule. They are suppose to have a lot more out but due to the ongoing pandemic they are having to push things back. They said so in a devstream this was going to happen.

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Fixed issue where the names of Elite Corpus fighters in Veil Proxima were appearing as TARO instead of ORM.

What about the Orm Basilisk, Orm Engineer, Orm Harpi, Orm weaver, Vorac Engineer, Axio Engineer not available to scan yet.. anything fixed there?  Dont wanna waste time looking for them to scan if they arent available yet.. 

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Call of the Tempestarii: Update 30 

• Upon login, players who sold the Glazio, Laith, Talyn, or Vort Armaments will receive the respective Endo difference per Tier up to a maximum of 40,000 Endo returned (roughly equal to 200 Armaments Scrapped). Our reasoning for the cap correlates to the Corpus Fighter spawn exploit that was used to endlessly acquire items, including Armaments.

Nope, I logged in didn't get any Endo for my tier 3 stuff I scrapped.

6 hours ago, UdsUds said:

OMG thanks DE! Cant wait to test the new mode "void storm".

Will this roll out later? I haven't receive any message for the few armaments I was able to farm and sell.

Same no Endo for the scrapped armaments.

6 hours ago, _Wonejo_ said:

Thank you for finally fixing the Endo amount of the corpus weapons wreckage. It was overdue but nevertheless, the refunding of the lost endo is appreciated 👍

Did not receive any lost Endo for all the scrap I've done while playing normally in railjack missions. I don't like exploits.

4 hours ago, Zygmyr said:

@[DE]Rebecca @[DE]Scott 

Why reduce (nerf) the Forward Artillery charges from 5/5 to 2/2 ??? Did you know that Volatile missions in the Veil Proxima require you to break 3 reactor weakpoints and you can only break them with Forward Artillery? The materials for Forward Artillery rarely drops and you have to waste extra 10 to 15 minutes finding them just to make ammo and complete the mission.

Yes that bit surprised me as well when I first saw it after the plexus update change, our foundry got a down grade only 100 revolite instead of 300, especially if we're are doing a Grineer Railjack mission with 6 Crewships and only 2 dome charges now from 5 we once had, new players to railjack wont notice but us players from day 1 of Empyrean do.

I was surprised at the update size, I fired up the game to download it sat there and watched it and the line just went zip done, huh.

Oh well I must go do the new Quest and see how it looks.

hace 5 horas, Toxicyouth dijo:

What about Acolytes stop spawn in Taveuni (Kuva Fortress), if you get a Transmission either by compleating a Harvester or starting one while the Acolyte spawns, the Acolyte wont spawn at all anymore?

And if it didnt bugg out till 20 min in, afther 20 min Acolyte Timer doesnt start anymore so you have to reset every 20 min if it didnt already bugg out before.

Please DE for the love of god, fix steel path kuva survival

DE did the 'Void Mines' as I call them in Void Storms need to be the exact same color as the special effects overlay you put on my screen? My experience with this content is limited but if the overlay is supposed to be a warning of the nearby Void Mines then it's absolutely useless. Either my team is full so Void Mines could be practically anywhere as they seem to follow all players (making the warning pointless or constantly flicker on/off) or because the warning overlay carries the same color I can't see the Mines through it.

On top of that the screen shake is nothing short of abysmal. If it's bad enough I already can't see literal mines going off my screen is shaking harder than an epileptic at the disco. Being able to turn this off in settings is not an excuse for a singular mode being responsible for me changing a setting, any setting. Some of it may simply be from running Volatile as frankly: the reactor is overloading and that was the fissure I had available to me. That is not an excuse, if anything refining it down to Volatile, if Volatile is even uniquely more aggravating with screen shaking at all (you decide), changing my mind about a setting is more of a criticism.

I find myself enormously annoyed by this entire experience, after I get Sevagoth I don't believe I'll be making any return to this content.

10 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

• Fixed objective marker for Point of Interests occasionally remaining active after completing it.

This is most definitely still happening.  And I'm having it happen outside of Railjack missions now (survival at least).

Edit - Did not receive any bonus Endo for scrapping armaments.  I know I scrapped some of these.  No idea how much I should have gotten, and don't really care that much, but whatever you think you did, you didn't.

Void Storm visuals and screen shake still beyond Epilepsy causing levels after the hotfix.  The game becomes unplayable when that happens.

This note is not fully addressed - Fixed various functionality issues related to being outside the Railjack as the Operator.  No idea what you fixed, but you can still get locked out of being able to complete a mission if you fall out of bounds inside a mission POI as the operator.  Exit to space, enter Archwing, can't get back inside.

Update is super messed up. If you warp the crew to you, make sure everyone is just freely walking around or just following you. I was in the gunner seat and the warp happened completely pushing me out of the seat making the gunner seat not usable and me a useless teammate. They couldn't even proceed the mission and had to attempt the warp 4 more times before it finally worked to get me there. Even then it still thought I was in the gunner seat. I couldn't move or see myself and i could only shoot and roll. The only way out was for me to aim down sites and roll to the archwing point so i could launch myself into space and hope something killed me so i could warp back to the ship. That didn't work and nor did /unstuck. 
Just want to point out that a dev said in a dev stream that warframe code is perfect. That is a lie, no code is perfect and warframe's code is far from it. Pretty sure a dev followed up by correcting them and saying that they find bugs all the time and fix the bugs to bring awareness about potential bugs on other platforms. Good for them! And shame to the person who said warframe's code is perfect. Here are some snapshots of my floating in space being a helpless, useless, sack of trash unable to do anything. To explain what you are looking at, multiple pics, parts of me or my weapons are clipping through the camera (im wearing the zephyr Harrier skin with silver, black, and purple if that helps distinguish anything at all). Yea its a mess... please fix so people dont lose their minds.
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

So in absence of ideas or ability to add anything substantial to the game you've thrown some more graphic effects on screen like there weren't way too many already? I'd rather not go completely pessimistic and consider it was actually somebody's creative lightbulb.

And just to help out a bit; having to destroy three objectives in an away mission hardly qualifies as a skirmish. You used to call that sort of a mission Sabotage, remember?

Just a few Call of the Tempestarii: Update 30 feedback (since there's no update 30 feedback megathread yet, still at 29.10.0)

Sevagoth Quest

• It's okay even if it's a bit short, I'm kinda neutral about it. Like, compared to the earlier "new warframe quests", it's not as engaging (or as spooky *eherm, chains of harrow, eherm*) but the "soundtrack integration" is nice with a lot of room for improvement for the next one.
  • I like the "try the abilities" sequence, though it took a while for the first "ability hint" to appear, then a bit too long intervals to show the rest of the hints. Thus, a few suggestions:
    • Make a "try sequence" for all upcoming new warframes.
    • Make the "try sequence" hint intervals shorter, or simply improve the hints timing overall. For example, maybe add a basic objective like kill X spawned enemies, or simply trigger the next hint after killing X number of enemies with the ability. Sevagoth's "try sequence" felt a bit bland after a little while because hint timing plus nothing else to keep it a bit more engaging.
    • And, I especially like Thanos' cameo! 🤣
  • Overall, understandable considering what I think you are going for with the theme and the soundtrack plus gameplay. So the challenge is to make a better version of this approach for the next one. 👍

Void Storm

• Simply make the reactant pickups as shared pickups exclusively in Void Storms... like the rest of the resources pickups in Railjack missions... consistency... that's it. Void Storm fixed! 🤓
  • 2-3 of 4 crews won't go out to the POIs because they're doing the "space stuff", plus the ship intruders don't drop reactants much, or less of them are able to get in because their ship got blown up by spamming-err-powerful homing missiles.
  • So, just increase the invaders' drop rate, you say? Then let the crew leave their stations just to pick up reactants and break their momentum? That's cool (not!). 🤣 Please don't make the "pilot-to-artillery solo experience" mistake again...
    • ...unless the solo player pilot will be able destroy crewships soon? Or the gunner AI will be able to destroy crewships soon by mounting the artillery since he's the gunner anyway? Or the pilot crew AI will be improved soon like prioritize tailing a crewship when the solo player is in the artillery station?
    • IMO, the artillery and gunner is kinda redundant or unnecessary to separate. And, the artillery is under the gunner intrinsic anyway, right? So, simplify: Pilot = piloting + basic shooting; Gunner = turret + artillery. Just make each station more distinct... unlike the Engineer role right now... at least put the second turret station in the cargo haul so the "engineer" has something to do? 🤣
  • Correction: I guess my first public crew earlier just wasn't able to pickup reactants, we got 4 at most during our 5+ speedruns. 😂 My bad. ✌️

Railjack Crew

Was hoping that someone would proactively thought about this while in retrofit, but we're now in the call of the tempestarii... In any case, just a few suggestions:

• Add the "Crew UI tab" in Ticker's Crew UI. Like, replace the "Hide Owned" checkbox with a "Manage Crew" button and maybe the "Contracts" button too. It's a chore going back and forth between a Dry Dock and Fortuna just to manage, compare, or end a contract of a crew.
  • Also add the "Crew UI tab" in the orbiter's plexus terminal. The Intrinsics UI tab is already in the plexus terminal, so why not the crew too? We're managing the crew, not the ship. No need for a dry dock.
  • Generally, if the UI or task is related or within context, why not make 'em accessible too? Please stop adding "barriers" to any related experiences. Simplify.
    (Aside: the crew management is just one example of many possible UI linking improvements. Just saying. No time to list 'em all, unless you'll hire me?) 😂

✌️

Fun new bug: RJ artillery converts into a standard gun turret for host and clients alike, and stays that way through a DD run. 

Quest was maybe 10 minutes of face-rolling. Can you guys at least make a Steel Path option, if you can't make more than 10 minutes of content for a new frame?

12 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Fixed endless Affinity gain from Crew Repairs by sitting in a mission and allowing the Railjack to take damage while your Crew cleans up. Affinity granting Repairs from Crew mates now has a cap of 20 per mission. 

maybe dont make it cost thousands of intrinsic PER SECTION and we wouldn't find ways to make it better to gain.

10k affinity per ONE intrinsic is ridiculous, even WITH a booster.

That being said, still wont change my crew comp as knowing i WONT fail the mission at all unless my RJ actually hits 0 is a nice incentive to play RJ and not quit it outright like i did when it first came out.

Hold on… So because I’ve been doing those missions where the fighters kept spawning, and actually enjoyed myself shooting them and farming at the same time - then I have been exploiting the game? Well, that’s nice.

How about just adjusting the drops if a player have been just flying around for 10+ mins not doing the actual mission? Instead of just calling us exploiters?

And then tweaking the missions so you do more stuff in the actual Railjack and not just fly between objectives that forces the whole crew to do it, you know, like EVERYONE have pointed out?

Hello DE so there is my feedback:
- I needed to cut the "shaking effect" because I got sick.
- The lightning effect is a problem. It dont deal enough damage to worry about but you will got headach because of the spaming and visual effect.
- It's like the violet electric spam in corpus mission that must put pressure on the player, and it's just annoying and bring not much gameplay.
- definitly when you play alone. Grineer missions it's resumed by:

-killing 3 frigates overwise you gonna be named "exploiter" (farming Kosma Outrider for rare mode it's...)

-spending half the time of the mission going back'n'forth from the objective to destroy radiator.

Have a good day !

1 hour ago, Mic.ph said:

Just a few Call of the Tempestarii: Update 30 feedback (since there's no update 30 feedback megathread yet, still at 29.10.0)

Sevagoth Quest

• It's okay even if it's a bit short, I'm kinda neutral about it. Like, compared to the earlier "new warframe quests", it's not as engaging (or as spooky *eherm, chains of harrow, eherm*) but the "soundtrack integration" is nice with a lot of room for improvement for the next one.
  • I like the "try the abilities" sequence, though it took a while for the first "ability hint" to appear, then a bit too long intervals to show the rest of the hints. Thus, a few suggestions:
    • Make a "try sequence" for all upcoming new warframes.
    • Make the "try sequence" hint intervals shorter, or simply improve the hints timing overall. For example, maybe add a basic objective like kill X spawned enemies, or simply trigger the next hint after killing X number of enemies with the ability. Sevagoth's "try sequence" felt a bit bland after a little while because hint timing plus nothing else to keep it a bit more engaging.
    • And, I especially like Thanos' cameo! 🤣
  • Overall, understandable considering what I think you are going for with the theme and the soundtrack plus gameplay. So the challenge is to make a better version of this approach for the next one. 👍

Void Storm

•  Simply make the reactant pickups as shared pickups exclusively in Void Storms... like the rest of the resources pickups in Railjack missions... consistency... that's it. Void Storm fixed! 🤓
  • 2-3 of 4 crews won't go out to the POIs because they're doing the "space stuff", plus the ship intruders don't drop reactants much, or less of them are able to get in because their ship got blown up by spamming-err-powerful homing missiles.
  • So, just increase the invaders' drop rate, you say? Then let the crew leave their stations just to pick up reactants and break their momentum? That's cool (not!). 🤣 Please don't make the "pilot-to-artillery solo experience" mistake again...
    • ...unless the solo player pilot will be able destroy crewships soon? Or the gunner AI will be able to destroy crewships soon by mounting the artillery since he's the gunner anyway? Or the pilot crew AI will be improved soon like prioritize tailing a crewship when the solo player is in the artillery station?
    • IMO, the artillery and gunner is kinda redundant or unnecessary to separate. And, the artillery is under the gunner intrinsic anyway, right? So, simplify: Pilot = piloting + basic shooting; Gunner = turret + artillery. Just make each station more distinct... unlike the Engineer role right now... at least put the second turret station in the cargo haul so the "engineer" has something to do? 🤣

Railjack Crew

Was hoping that someone would proactively thought about this while in retrofit, but we're now in the call of the tempestarii... In any case, just a few suggestions:

• Add the "Crew UI tab" in Ticker's Crew UI. Like, replace the "Hide Owned" checkbox with a "Manage Crew" button and maybe the "Contracts" button too. It's a chore going back and forth between a Dry Dock and Fortuna just to manage, compare, or end a contract of a crew.
  • Also add the "Crew UI tab" in the orbiter's plexus terminal. The Intrinsics UI tab is already in the plexus terminal, so why not the crew too? We're managing the crew, not the ship. No need for a dry dock.
  • Generally, if the UI or task is related or within context, why not make 'em accessible too? Please stop adding "barriers" to any related experiences. Simplify.
    (Aside: the crew management is just one example of many possible UI linking improvements. Just saying. No time to list 'em all, unless you'll hire me?) 😂

✌️

17 hours ago one existed. :wink:

https://forums.warframe.com/forum/1780-all-platforms-update-30-feedback-bug-reporting/

Player cannot fire (something) from the ghost ship in the last Call of the Tempestarii mission if he have other keys assigned than the default ones.
As a result, he can get stuck there halfway through the mission.
I have a middle mouse button assigned to an operator. Default changed to 5.
The game shows the use of the altered 5 key but the 5 won't fire that void hole (or whatever that is).
DE, you have this broken as well as the aforementioned Railjack X control (helm) key bindings, and you don't do anything about it. Lots of players have reported it, and so have I.
You play on the default keys and you know S#&$ how game works when the player switches them.
After a few minutes of being stuck, I figured it was a key setup problem and that's the only way I got through the mission. Then I had to fit them back again for my gameplay.
This is how downplaying players' reports looks like.
If some other player also changed the assignment of the middle mouse button and does not guess what the problem is, he will not be able to end the last Call of the Tempestarii mission.

English is not my language.
I don't want to bother writing in a foreign language about the problems of the game that you ignore afterwards.
I recently reported (with the screenshot) a problem with mission completion and drop loss. Crewships can still disappear on their own and the game counts them as shot down. The different types of enemy fighters are not where they should be. MKI drops can still be found on Veil Proxima. etc etc ...
Have a nice day.

Edit.
I would have forgotten one of the novelties:
Warframe0009.jpg?width=858&height=616

Archived