Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Notifications of Shop Packs seems kinda predatory

NanoVega

Ok, don't want to be mean, but Call of the Tempestarii seems to boil down to a glorified Tenno Reinforcements. The only things that set it apart from that is that we got a new warframe(which has a rehashed theme anyway... Grrr... Dead People... SOooouls...(See Nekros)) and there's a different mission type now. 

To be clear, this is all fine, DE is entirely free to release the content it wants, when it wants. How it wants. When it comes to the mobile app, it gets kinda funny. 

Tempestarii came out and I got an alert for it? Awesome. Working as intended. 

Then I got an alert to buy the Railjack Instant Access Pack... For one. I'm already among the 2% of players who built a railjack... So seems kinda funky, maybe they just don't want anyone to miss it?

Then I got an alert to buy the Sevagoth Pack. And this is where I was reminded of Raid: Shadow Legends... Release content, and then throw three ads at the players about the content... I don't know if this is something odd with the app itself, or if whoever made the notifications didn't mean to ping everyone when showing the two new packs, either way it comes off as pretty gross, as you are promoting me to Circumvent the only new content we've gotten in a bit and instead just buy it so that I can... Sit here... And not play your game? Sure... I guess...

Like, I have a lot of apps and Gacha games on my phone so I don't feel bored and lonely, and all my notifications today is one from twitch, and a bunch from warframe... I don't think I've ever even gotten a notification from an App asking me to buy things before...

unknown.png?width=326&height=676

Basically, advertisement and newsletters; if you don't want them to pop up just go into the app settings and disable notification for news.

If it was spamming like a mobile game whenever I have wifi or cellular turned on, yeah that be predatory.

Most notifications of any type are kind of predatory.  I have been feeling like some notifications in the app, and in the game itself are extremely overdone and extremely annoying to me.

Still, luckily in the app, disabling notifications generally works for the warframe app.  Other mobile apps just shouldn't include the setting because they bypass it anyway.  Warframe at least has enough respect for players, fans and mobile users to not spam you if you disable the notifications.

Hello @NanoVega,

Thank you for your feedback.

The In-App News push notifications are the same as the In-Game News in the Orbiter and are not targeting the Companion app in any special way. We understand if multiple push notifications that may not be of interest, in a short period of time, can be bothersome. We'll take a look to see if there's anything we can do to improve our notifications in the future.

For now, there's the toggle in the Settings(-> Notifications -> News) you can use to only receive notifications about Foundry items and/or Extractors. Alternatively, they can also be disabled in your Android or iOS system settings as well.

We appreciate the time you've taken to provide feedback. Hope you enjoy the update.

3 hours ago, [DE]Tyrone said:

Hello @NanoVega,

Thank you for your feedback.

The In-App News push notifications are the same as the In-Game News in the Orbiter and are not targeting the Companion app in any special way. We understand if multiple push notifications that may not be of interest, in a short period of time, can be bothersome. We'll take a look to see if there's anything we can do to improve our notifications in the future.

For now, there's the toggle in the Settings(-> Notifications -> News) you can use to only receive notifications about Foundry items and/or Extractors. Alternatively, they can also be disabled in your Android or iOS system settings as well.

We appreciate the time you've taken to provide feedback. Hope you enjoy the update.

Everything else about it has been fantastic so far! Thank you for checking it out and I totally understand in that case.

Archived