Jump to content

So...no skirmish missions for corpus mission?


Recommended Posts

I was hoping that this second update would be something more polished on this issue. The feedback clearly demonstrated that no one liked to do extermination, defense and volatile missions. Why insist on this mistake? I just lost the urge to play railjack ....

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't been paying much attention to what other people have been saying about Railjack, but do most people really hate the new Corpus Proxima stuff? I thought they were a wonderful mesh of Railjack and normal Warframe experiences, but I might just be an outlier.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Limbo_Darkness said:

I haven't been paying much attention to what other people have been saying about Railjack, but do most people really hate the new Corpus Proxima stuff? I thought they were a wonderful mesh of Railjack and normal Warframe experiences, but I might just be an outlier.

It's the opossite actually, most people likes this and most hated pure skirmish, hence why Railjack was so poorly played before the update.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 45 Minuten schrieb vanaukas:

It's the opossite actually, most people likes this and most hated pure skirmish, hence why Railjack was so poorly played before the update.

I dont think this is the case.

I mean, when i think about Railjack, i think about fighting other fighters and Crewships and so on = Skirmish.

 

The real problem was that we had like 20 or 30 "different" nodes - and every one of them was the same mission.

If we would have space equivalents of stuff like defense/interception/sabotage/etc mixxed in from the beginning, nobody would have complained about Skirmish.

 

Afterall, Skirmish is the equivalent to the ground mission type Exterminate, and that is one of the most famous mission types in Warframe for ground missions.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DreisterDino said:

I dont think this is the case.

I mean, when i think about Railjack, i think about fighting other fighters and Crewships and so on = Skirmish.

 

The real problem was that we had like 20 or 30 "different" nodes - and every one of them was the same mission.

If we would have space equivalents of stuff like defense/interception/sabotage/etc mixxed in from the beginning, nobody would have complained about Skirmish.

 

Afterall, Skirmish is the equivalent to the ground mission type Exterminate, and that is one of the most famous mission types in Warframe for ground missions.

It's a good point too

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (PSN)Adometro said:

They deleted the grineer ones as well

 

1 hour ago, Vaml77 said:

what? Are you joking?

Unless I misread something on the mission screen, no. What they did was add pulse turbines/hangar bays, etc. to a bunch of Earth nodes so that Void fissures could spawn properly

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

DE can't win no matter what they do: old railjack was nothing but skirmish, now people want Skirmish back.

I'll admit I've only done a couple missions after the quest, but honestly the levels seem pretty good. the only real bug I've encountered is one that prevents me picking up weapon/scrap part drops though, but everything else seems pretty solid. Tomorrow me and my new NPC crew - who handle their first assignment admirably considering a literal ghost ship was involved - will take to the new nodes and see what else we can get. I like the side-locations like the Ice Mine and the Orokin Derelicts that appear, the devs continue to make some pretty great tilesets!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vaml77 said:

I was hoping that this second update would be something more polished on this issue. The feedback clearly demonstrated that no one liked to do extermination, defense and volatile missions. Why insist on this mistake? I just lost the urge to play railjack ....

No one liked it. Hahaha. Hillerious statement. Also: wrong.

But I do agree that it would be cool to have skirmishes. They should just add a few more nodes and add battles and include bigger ships like dreadnought style to destroy or something. That'd be epic. 

Edited by RazerXPrime
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Limbo_Darkness said:

I haven't been paying much attention to what other people have been saying about Railjack, but do most people really hate the new Corpus Proxima stuff? I thought they were a wonderful mesh of Railjack and normal Warframe experiences, but I might just be an outlier.

There are a lot of us who enjoy it, seems more like case of people who complain being louder than those who are content making it seem like "everyone" hates it. I like the new style, mixing both space and ground missions. People hated old Railjack so much that they reinvented it, now people swear that old Railjack was amazing and hate the new version. There's no pleasing people.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

There are a lot of us who enjoy it, seems more like case of people who complain being louder than those who are content making it seem like "everyone" hates it. I like the new style, mixing both space and ground missions. People hated old Railjack so much that they reinvented it, now people swear that old Railjack was amazing and hate the new version. There's no pleasing people.

Yeah, this was how I envisioned Railjack, as a semi replacement to the landing craft load sequence, but of course it'll need a lot more development before it hits that point. Old Railjack was an unfun mess and I hope lessons were learned from it, that way the mode as a whole can move forward into a stronger gameplay loop.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vaml77 said:

I was hoping that this second update would be something more polished on this issue. The feedback clearly demonstrated that no one liked to do extermination, defense and volatile missions. Why insist on this mistake? I just lost the urge to play railjack ....

I guess I'm no one then. 

The haters are loud, but that doesn't make them the majority. 

Simply fact, an ACTUAL fact: 

Hardly anyone played RJ before the update, now people are finally, actually playing it. 

Moan all you want, DE made the right move. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I guess I'm no one then. 

The haters are loud, but that doesn't make them the majority. 

Simply fact, an ACTUAL fact: 

Hardly anyone played RJ before the update, now people are finally, actually playing it. 

Moan all you want, DE made the right move. 

Dont make me laugh dude....

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Keep telling yourself how crazy popular Railjack was before these updates... 

 

Not popular but now its MUCH worse....

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vaml77 said:

Not popular but now its MUCH worse....

Please explain how it has gotten worse. The mode has had several direct improvements and a larger variety of missions to do, how does that harm the gamemode?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I complained a lot leading up to the railjack changes just previous to Tempistarii and even after when I had only briefly done a node or two.

 

I rescind all of that. I loved old railjack, and I love new railjack. Since the Grineer missions are still skirmishes but with objectives (which most had anyways before) we have the best of both worlds.

 

And how could you not like volatile missions, maybe the defense missions aren't as fun because the map is full of obstructions and huge so it can get slower than I'd like, but omg volatile missions and orphix missions are so much fun. And I looove teaching new players railjack,

 

The new nodes allow me to get those intrinsics maybe not as fast as Gian Point or when everyone shared stealth affinity exp, but since I get more variety of play it feels much much less like a grind. My only complaint is that Gian Point was sooo nice for leveling up weapons and pets (not so much frames, though.)

 

I haven't played the new content yet because I don't want to deal with the first few days of bugs. I also think DE should have beta tested this (and any new content) for at least a month, but that's a whole other can of worms.

 

I am so glad DE didn't utterly abandon railjack with all the hate it received early on (some of which because it has multiple game breaking bugs on launch.) If only we could get them to revisit more maybe even older content and do more of that!

 

Anyway, not perfect but an overall resounding success as far as my opinion of it is concerned!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Limbo_Darkness said:

Please explain how it has gotten worse. The mode has had several direct improvements and a larger variety of missions to do, how does that harm the gamemode?

Because railjack now its a taxi simulator with non stop burst storm in our eyes? And many other things like link energy with warframes..../facepalm

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The hard part for DE is bringing perfect gameplay variety balance while still putting out regular updates. The first Railjack missions were fairly basic - agressive fighters pouring themselves on you, supported by larger ships, and then one or two objectives.

They expanded that with the Corpus update, by adding a ship hosting various mission objectives on top of the existing mission style.

Expect the next Railjack update to diversify both Corpus and Grineer Railjack missions, bringing Skirmish to Corpus missions, and Orphix, Defense, Sabotage etc. to Grineer Railjack.

Edited by Institute-Marksman
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

Volatile and exterminate is fine , defense on other hand .

The worst thing for sure...i always avoid this maps from granum void/dead lock protocol. Same for interception.....make us jump too much and enemies are always stuck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Limbo_Darkness said:

I haven't been paying much attention to what other people have been saying about Railjack, but do most people really hate the new Corpus Proxima stuff? I thought they were a wonderful mesh of Railjack and normal Warframe experiences, but I might just be an outlier.

The big problem with the corpus stuff is simple. You go to play RJ and spend under a minute in RJ and 10 minutes in a normal defence mission. So... hate? Nah but is it any good? Also nah

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Alucard291 said:

The big problem with the corpus stuff is simple. You go to play RJ and spend under a minute in RJ and 10 minutes in a normal defence mission. So... hate? Nah but is it any good? Also nah

Pretty much this, its not so much that corpus railjack is bad, its just that it doesn't really feel like your doing much railjack at all before having to do the ground mission. If they could add a few more objective to do with the railjack before going in for the mission it might alleviate the feeling. I will also chime in on the no defense mission as the corpus defense mission map is the worse one of all.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Limbo_Darkness said:

Please explain how it has gotten worse. The mode has had several direct improvements and a larger variety of missions to do, how does that harm the gamemode?

because it renders the Railjack to being a glorified taxi cab, farrying you from one ground objective to the next, with maybe having you kill 1 crewship along the way. 

previous railjack the Railjack was the focus, but with a healthy blend of ground involvment with railjack, the 2 complimented eachother, exspeccially the need to bring down missile platforms and shipkiller platforms which are deadly to the railjack. 

when i hear Railjack, i exspect the thing in the mode thats called THE RAILJACK to be the focus and not Normal Starchart missions with an extra step to complete the mission. no i exspect THE RAILJACK to be the main meat and potatoes of the game mode and not the appetizer, This is where Corpus Railjack Fails with spectacular fashion and why those such as myself and those who actually appreciated the mode for what it was, are rightly Pissed. 

 

the real reason (not the juvenile reason you convinced yourself into believing) why Old realjack fell off after its release and hardly played was for 2 reasons and 2 reasons only. 

1. the Same exact mission type repeated 30 times, gets real repetitive Real freaking fast, Imagine the starchart now like 17 planets, all just being exterminate allt he way through? ya youd get sick of it real fast after while as well. 

2. Not being followed up with additional content after release for an entire YEAR, nothing new to do in railjack, no new mission types like escorting a friendly freighter from the combat zone while keeping it operational, no defending satelites while uploading data with the railjack, no new faction to face off against, Nothing, just a "Rework" and a seemingly 1 time event that relegated the Railjack to being a Delivery Bus for the real objective. 

 

Those are the real reasons why the mode fell off, and didnt see much play. tho i can forgive you for not knowing this since you and the others who make this frankly moronic claim then likely didnt actually play the mode for then a few times to actually see what needed to be addressed with the mode to see it gain more player engagement. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...