Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Railjack is not mine anymore!

Gralius

I would like to raise the issue of changes in the last major update. 

The developers have changed the game so that now the player cannot create an open railjack game in which he controls a personal ship if there is an incomplete team on the selected map. 

The game in this case forcibly, forcibly, joins the player to an incomplete team, depriving the player of the chance to fly on his own ship. 

I understand that the studio wanted to make it easier to find random commands, but instead only made things worse. 

DE needs to understand that players don't come to railjack just to find a team. Many players want to fly their ships, which is now simply deprived of them in the open game. 

As a result, you will now have to close the game in solo mode or in "friends only" mode to fly your ship. 

But then why was such an innovation in general, if it forced players to choose a solo mode? 

DE just split the gaming community with this change. 

It must always be remembered that innovation must be justified. 
And most importantly, you cannot force the players to do something. 

The aim of the game is entertainment. There is no need to deprive players of this. 

My opinion. We need to revisit this change and return players to the ability to fly their own ships in the open play general mode

The right to choose should not be taken away from us where it plays an important role. 

My sincere respect for the development team!

Same reason why we can't force host on traditional Warframe modes.

I mean, imagine for a minute that there are a total of 10 people that want to play Railjack and most of them want to use their own Railjack.

How do you think this would translate in terms of how many active squads would be and how many people on each squad?

Yeah .. it's kind of an issue, isn't it?

Maybe one day there will be RJ missions where we each bring our own Railjack ( like we do with our Frames ), and then this isn't a problem anymore.

4 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Same reason why we can't force host on traditional Warframe modes.

I mean, imagine for a minute that there are a total of 10 people that want to play Railjack and most of them want to use their own Railjack.

How do you think this would translate in terms of how many active squads would be and how many people on each squad?

Yeah .. it's kind of an issue, isn't it?

Maybe one day there will be RJ missions where we each bring our own Railjack ( like we do with our Frames ), and then this isn't a problem anymore.

Exactly. 

If people want to be sure it's their railjack they can go solo (if they want to see it) and start a group in chat or discord (if they want to show it off). 

That would be awesome to have one day though if possible, with four people with their own railjacks and NPC crews in the same mission. I can dream, but idk if p2p hosting and DE's engine could manage that or not. 

If you want to use your own ship exclusively then play solo or invite only.

If anything the change, among other ones from that patch, is to address the issues of players becoming dictators regarding what others can do on their ship. The system and how players used it was too toxic and making it function like regular pubs do mostly fixes that.

50 minutes ago, Gralius said:

The developers have changed the game so that now the player cannot create an open railjack game in which he controls a personal ship if there is an incomplete team on the selected map. 

The game in this case forcibly, forcibly, joins the player to an incomplete team, depriving the player of the chance to fly on his own ship. 

I understand that the studio wanted to make it easier to find random commands, but instead only made things worse. 

DE needs to understand that players don't come to railjack just to find a team. Many players want to fly their ships, which is now simply deprived of them in the open game. 

As a result, you will now have to close the game in solo mode or in "friends only" mode to fly your ship. 

But then why was such an innovation in general, if it forced players to choose a solo mode? 

The aim of the game is entertainment. There is no need to deprive players of this. 

My opinion. We need to revisit this change and return players to the ability to fly their own ships in the open play general mode

The right to choose should not be taken away from us where it plays an important role. 

I get 1 friend or random dude from recruit chat to join me and i always fly my RJ so whats ur excuse?
Chat banned or not having friends/clan mates?

And yeah i get the idea we should have option to choose do we wanna use our RJ or fly someones else one
But same story with being Host if you have a way to bypass the problem just use it and dont care

I build my own railjack, while I don't mind not flying it, I still naturally assume there are players out there dedicated and invested into theirs.

I'd happily sign up, to never use my railjack in a pug, and pass it on to the people who are invested in it.

It's an odd stance I figure, to give people less reason to care about their ship. You'd want people to invest into cosmetics they can put on display and what not?

Take pride in building it and show it off to people, caring about it, as the entire core premise... I guess not, lol.

The whole "what if" argument being brought up, I mean, let's deal with the problems that have actually happened and are taking place out in reality.

Can you afford the time to go looking for problems, that haven't happened yet, in a for all all intents of purposes, dead game mode?

You want to breathe life into railjack, these are the exact problems right here you need to deal with.

For people who are invested in their railjack, I guess you will have to either, start missions that say 0 open squads, or do invite only sessions with yourself as host.

Wow.. that "Defendism" here is quite something...

Before 29.10, when you went in a RJ mission from Dojo or your Jack (via tube connection from your orbiter) you would be host of the mission.

Since than, DE effed everyone who has a decent jack and wants to host a squad over.

Reb even acknowledged that in one of the streams but here we are having Tenno with questionable progress claiming that's the best way -.-

@OP, I'm with you, the new matchmaking is the worst but that's just a representation of everything they did after Deimos anyway...

The last 2 updates made soooooooo much things wrong, all the while DE claims its for the better and to implement it in the usual ground mission WF "gameflow" ... it is not even funny for the most sarcastic of veterans... but then that's probably what they aim for... not the people continuously paying up to keep their favourite game going but for the illusion that they could generate new and more revenue streams with new players who could get access to stuff faster all the while they still quest and MR gate stuff from them unless they ... yeah pay up as well

2 minutes ago, Crossfire78 said:

Wow.. that "Defendism" here is quite something...

Before 29.10, when you went in a RJ mission from Dojo or your Jack (via tube connection from your orbiter) you would be host of the mission.

Since than, DE effed everyone who has a decent jack and wants to host a squad over.

Reb even acknowledged that in one of the streams but here we are having Tenno with questionable progress claiming that's the best way -.-

@OP, I'm with you, the new matchmaking is the worst but that's just a representation of everything they did after Deimos anyway...

The last 2 updates made soooooooo much things wrong, all the while DE claims its for the better and to implement it in the usual ground mission WF "gameflow" ... it is not even funny for the most sarcastic of veterans... but then that's probably what they aim for... not the people continuously paying up to keep their favourite game going but for the illusion that they could generate new and more revenue streams with new players who could get access to stuff faster all the while they still quest and MR gate stuff from them unless they ... yeah pay up as well

The complainers are loud but that doesn't mean they are the majority. 

The fact of the matter was barely anyone played RJ before the update.

Now they do. 

That's what a lot of you are ignoring. Those stats matter way more to DE than your histrionics. 

12 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Now they do. 

That's what a lot of you are ignoring. Those stats matter way more to DE than your histrionics. 

Why do you think that? Or do you mean the 10 minutes that it took to complete the quest and 3.5 minutes of afking while the song played? You think that's "playing RJ"?

If not, then why do you think people will play RJ after completing the 10 minute quest?

Some might grind the new mastery points warframe but most won't even bother with that.

I get that the Forum DEfence squad has to farm up the posts and the mutual likes but you're not actually giving any reasons as to why you think this is what happened/will happen.

1 minute ago, Alucard291 said:

Why do you think that? Or do you mean the 10 minutes that it took to complete the quest and 3.5 minutes of afking while the song played? You think that's "playing RJ"?

If not, then why do you think people will play RJ after completing the 10 minute quest?

Some might grind the new mastery points warframe but most won't even bother with that.

I get that the Forum DEfence squad has to farm up the posts and the mutual likes but you're not actually giving any reasons as to why you think this is what happened.

Well I'll admit I don't have access to DE's numbers, but hardly anyone but a few vets even talked about playing Railjack, people weren't even getting their feet wet. 

Now the forum is buzzing with people actually playing it and trying it out for real and leveling up their gear. Once you get that feeling of power, you're hooked, I know I am. 

I had a taste of railjack power, got some command intrinsics leveled up and now I want more and more. I am enjoying both the old skirmish style missions AND the new "taxijack stuff" as well. 

I understand if you don't, you have a right to that opinion. And I'm not really talking about you here, but I tire of every person who doesn't like the railjack changes talking like they speak for everyone. They don't. 

Plenty of us are enjoying for the sake of it. I literally just had fun doing it as a diversion on a rare full day off the other day, and I didn't care about the rewards. It was really fun and immersive for me. I kept wanting to "play just one more". 

20 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Well I'll admit I don't have access to DE's numbers, but hardly anyone but a few vets even talked about playing Railjack, people weren't even getting their feet wet. 

Now the forum is buzzing with people actually playing it and trying it out for real and leveling up their gear. Once you get that feeling of power, you're hooked, I know I am. 

I had a taste of railjack power, got some command intrinsics leveled up and now I want more and more. I am enjoying both the old skirmish style missions AND the new "taxijack stuff" as well. 

I understand if you don't, you have a right to that opinion. And I'm not really talking about you here, but I tire of every person who doesn't like the railjack changes talking like they speak for everyone. They don't. 

Plenty of us are enjoying for the sake of it. I literally just had fun doing it as a diversion on a rare full day off the other day, and I didn't care about the rewards. It was really fun and immersive for me. I kept wanting to "play just one more". 

Counter point. There hasn't been any new content in this game since what? December? I don't even remember anymore. Now the forum is buzzing with people going "well we were hoping for melee rebalance but you went with this huh?" or "where are the corpus liches?" "oh you made it impossible to use your own RJ huh?" 

I played RJ (had a fairly decent one b4) since the update for the grand total of about an hour, got a new plate(ing?) thing and played a couple of new missions and went back to playing other games.

As for your last point - well yeah in this content drought (game really is starting to feel like its about to hit maintenance phase of development - though I am sure that's actually quite unlikely) I guess even RJ would be good if you're determined to solely play this game... I mean what are the other things you could care for lately? Boretavia prime? Spare me...

Hell I'll be honest. The "forum game" right now is way way more fun than the actual game itself :)

I do agree with the topic creator about this issue insofar as joining random railjack missions brings with it an element of risk/frustration not present in core warframe. This being getting paired up with someone who has a railjack that is underqualified for the content they are attempting. Johnny with MK1 gear hopping into a void tile mission can make the experience frustrating. The only viable solution to this would be to go archwing and clear content independent from the Railjack.

Solo is certainly a viable option now with crew manning the guns and whatnot but going solo for the on foot section of corpus maps is not as fun with npc crew. Additionally grineer maps are far less efficient solo because the on foot segments can't be cleared with npc crew. You have to manually enter/exit/enter/exit to complete those tiny sections.

3 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

imagine for a minute that there are a total of 10 people that want to play Railjack and most of them want to use their own Railjack.

I predict on console there will be less than that at any given time given how long the missions are for rewards you can basically get anywhere else in 1/10 the time.

And even with a premade squad of other experienced players it actually felt easier in many missions to be solo with my hired guns - so I may just go solo until I get Sevagoth then never go back to RJ.

34 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

The forums have always been the real end game. :tongue:

This is true for pretty much every mmo/online game 🤣

31 minutes ago, (XBOX)Tucker D Dawg said:

I predict on console there will be less than that at any given time given how long the missions are for rewards you can basically get anywhere else in 1/10 the time.

And even with a premade squad of other experienced players it actually felt easier in many missions to be solo with my hired guns - so I may just go solo until I get Sevagoth then never go back to RJ.

Yup, sounds about right. The sniper gunners and resource-free engi are basically op to the extent that you can just ignore the rj mechanics almost entirely...

6 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

One ship , one captain . Whenever you go into railjack mission expect to not be a captain because the chance are you wont be .

And thus we all play solo. The lvl5 gunners are better than 99.9% of the players and infinite-omnijuice engi is simply op. So yeah. No need to ever play with anyone. Great Success DE

1 minute ago, Alucard291 said:

And thus we all play solo. The lvl5 gunners are better than 99.9% of the players and infinite-omnijuice engi is simply op. So yeah. No need to ever play with anyone. Great Success DE

Yeah but it also drags the missions as AI can't use forward cannon and split up to do side objectives .

Just now, bad4youLT said:

Yeah but it also drags the missions as AI can't use forward cannon and split up to do side objectives .

I hear ya... but its still better than getting dumped into some garbo rj with 3 people who have no clue and no aim :)

On 2021-04-14 at 4:36 AM, Gralius said:

I 100% agree with you.

=========

However... Apparently people are not allowed to have an opinion in this forum. So go solo, noob.

Let this be a lesson, so when the next person in this forum have an opinion to make warframe better, you'll immediately dismiss their opinions, be as rude as possible if necessary.

The only time you're allowed to be polite is on Players Helping Players sub-forum where you get to be a helpful and wise all-knowing elder brother. Unless they're asking about cross-play, then you can go all out on them.

On 2021-04-14 at 1:08 AM, Tesseract7777 said:

Now they do. 

How long do you think it will last? Once people get the new frame and weapon do you think they will continue to play Railjack or move on again? The argument that people are playing it now while is true probably only is true because DE put a warframe behind the content. People who hated Railjack before likely still hate railjack and for me personally who loved railjack before I think quite a few steps back have been taken.

A lot of bugs that were seemingly resolved have been re-introduced along with new ones and railjack has become more grindy given the new resources/components and the fact that it now has a forma system which you need to maximise performance

Archived