Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Call of the Tempestarii: Hotfix 30.0.1

[DE]Rebecca

6 hours ago, Kokomala said:

Personally, I think the rewards are fine and will remain relevant for the majority of players. Void Storms have the following:

• Radiant relic drops
  • High source of Void traces
  • Regular RJ mission rewards including POI
  • Large source of endo

Granted they can be 2-3x longer than regular missions so the void traces amounts are somewhat comparable. A void storm mission in the veil has a 50% chance for 100 traces when you take into account the relics, which is on top of the traces received from cracking a relic. Also consider that you're hitting 3-4 different farms at the same time in a single 5-8min mission.

Don't forget Railjack credit payouts as well which can be a big factor for beginners and mid tier players.

8 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Fixed a Script Error caused by Void Storms. This would cause crazy bursts of colour and stacking effects, and should be resolved now. 

Thought these were quite fun, made for some spectacular light shows.

My immediate feedback is....boy this is not enough for a major mainline.

Let's cover the positive.  You now get 225 endo instead of 25 endo for selling the weapons.  That is all.

Now, this next bit is killing me.  Let's talk.  I'm going to bring up a point, then provide the fix.  It's a device here, because as you've decided to build things there's no reason to engage with the game mode.  Yes...it's a piece of content that's very light on content and entirely without long term viability.

1) The rewards are inconsistent and poor.

Fix: Address the bugs with running multiple missions.  Make sure the double resource boosters actually influence the void trace drops....because it doesn't seem like they do.  Finally, if you're rolling with a required Axi relic in level 40+ content then maybe an Axi relic should drop.  This garbage of using an Axi, getting a radiant Neo, and potentially a second Neo that's intact is just depressing.

2) The reward pool is dilute, and isn't sustainable.

Fix: I hate to say this, but you've got 6 pieces.  You've got 2 Grineer, 3 Corpus, and a Veil area.  Put one of the parts in each area, and boost it to a 20% drop rate.  This will satisfy the people who want the new content.  Likewise, the extra 10% of drops returning to the pool, along with 10% more from the most common item, could make this an actually viable relic farm.  Not the fastest, but if balanced against the additional accumulation of void traces it'd be rewarding enough to pursue.  The 20% of rewards after you get the frame would be of negligible difficulty to justify, as it'd offer a prime (pun intended) cut of the desired prime relics.

3) Void storm spawns suck.  They can literally spawn on you with no warning.

Fi: These things need to not spawn on the player.  They also need to have some sort of lenience in detonating.  They aren't a fun challenge.  My experience is that they're simply a shield wipe, amidst a bunch of enemies that have basically been given the pre-level scaling level of eating damage by simply being bullet sponges.

4) Void Storms are not a challenge.

Fix:  The problem here is not a sense of urgency or decorum.  The problem is simply that the storms are a random tax on movement and health.  The former is frustrating, because boosting in archwing is basically disabled by an invisible field.  The later is frustrating because being a space ninja means nothing if literally all of my movements being fast leads to huge hits on my health.  Of joy, a new game mode where I can't move fast.

5) Finally, this fix brings virtually nothing great for PC.  It took more than two weeks to get 29.10.0 to a playable, if buggy, state.  STOP RELEASING HALF DONE.  Console players now get to see what the /pc does.  

Fix:  You announced Call of Tempestarii as the next coming of the savior, after the Deimos issues.  What we got was just a quest...with no truly unique components.  29.10.10 2.0 required a hotfix literal hours after release.  Consider me unimpressed, because there's nothing here to indicate literal months of work by a team on near permanent crunch.  I cannot even begin to understand why you didn't call this 29.11.0.  Maybe it's time to roll this back, and be honest with your customers.

Finally, let's talk PR.  The bug fix board is a tool that combines SCRUM techniques with PR.  Great.  List active issues, prioritize, update status, and demonstrate completion to show progress.  It's pretty difficult to take this seriously when it looks like everything under the sun is listed....oh, and please buy our merch a month late for the anniversary, with all the enthusiasm of Ben Stein (circa "Who wants to win Ben Steinss MOney.'

8 hours ago, Voltage said:

Still not enough to compete with Fissures that complete in a third of the time.

I'm not saying that the current rewards are as good as the they can get, or that the drop distribution shouldn't be reworked. But if it does get reworked, maybe we should reconsider whether the result should be able to compete with fissures in terms of efficiency.

Some people have pointed out that with how things currently are, after players have finished farming Sevagoth and his weapon they will move on and never look back, and Void Storm will become another deserted content, not unlike Granum Void. This is a fair point that might need to be addressed in the future much like relics/prime vault backlog, and DE would be wise to start thinking ahead and come up with possible incentives for players to revisit VS in the future.

However, I would also like to point out that functionally, VS is a game mode that bridges notorious content island Railjack and the starchart gameplay. Sure, it's hilarious that DE's approach to achieve this is to make you play a fissure mission AFTER you finish the RJ part. I think it's such a boneheaded and an uninspired solution, but it doesn't change the fact that if you play VS, you are getting progress for both Railjack and Fissure missions. In that case, should the rewards be able to compete with starchart fissure missions? I think not. Maybe there is a case for a rework, but surely the goal shouldn't be to make it competitive or as efficient.

I have two options right now:

Play in a group -> lag and its related bugs, takes longer compared to normal void missions, a 3000hp ship and turrets w/o damage, white flashes searing my eyes and fryin my brain

Playing a relic mission solo -> lost even more time, only 1 reward aka wasted axi relic, white flashes searing my eyes and fryin my brain

I will ignore these missions as soon as I have the new frame 🤪

Thanks for the hotfix.

Please consider fixing archwing blink animation bug, harrow convenant castine animation in plains of eidolons after capturing animals, also consider the delay of the foundry that is happening each time I craft a component.

10 hours ago, No1NParticular31 said:

Just did a RJ Storm mission on Neptune and shortly after starting my ship got hit with something that scrambled the UI (like an electric proc) however even after the repair was made the UI stayed this way for the ENTIRE mission. Not just on the RJ, but in my Archwing and in the away mission parts as well. The UI stayed locked in a perpetual state of vibrating, shaking, and being completely unreadable. I had no idea what my objectives were, I just had to follow the floating icon and pray I could figure out what it was when I got there. Once I completed the mission I went back to the Dry Dock thinking that would clear the issue. Nope. Even standing at the RJ configuration terminal in the Dojo the UI was still completely scrambled. It took going all the way back to the orbiter to clear the issue.

As if that wasn't bad enough, trying to focus on a screen with constant vibration and unreadable "text" for that long gave me a literal headache. So now instead of playing more missions, I have to go take some Advil and lay down for a bit to see if I can get this to go away.

Funniest thing is, that bug was reported countless times since the release of rj retrofit, it wasn't solved with the last 2 rj retrofit hotfixes, and apparently is still present on the new update.

You'd think DE would at least try and fix the previous known/reported rj bugs before releasing new rj bugs with their tempestari update.

There is something "funny" with the drop tables for void storms, since they don't sum up to 100%, but to 92.5%.

Which indicates that there is a 7.5% chance for some "mystical drop" not listed in the drop tables. Anybody know what that might be?

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Voltage:

Thank you for the hotfix.

Reviewing Void Storms to give better or more rewards would be a great way to keep them relevant compared to normal (and faster) Fissure missions. :)

yeah, maybe a way to open multiple relics at once like 5(or so) at a time to really take relic cracking speeds to a new level and make the missions viable for something new. since there already is just capture with 30 sec runs per relic in good maps why not introduce multi-cracking :D

Today play solo  around  4h  from total 8 mission

3 fail mission (missing  -1 Crewship Corpus;no when complete no give return to dojo; automatic quit from corpus ship -hack console )

5 complete : from  (Proxima only Exterminate) Pluto 2-Systems ;1 Chassis;Neptune -1 Systems ,Veil  -1 Neuroptic 

DE it is mockery with players

13 hours ago, Voltage said:

Thank you for the hotfix.

Reviewing Void Storms to give better or more rewards would be a great way to keep them relevant compared to normal (and faster) Fissure missions. :)

Agreed. Fissures are currently faster without the "Railjack Extender". I love Railjack but most of the players doesnt really need more radianted relics thanks to other game modes that already rewards you with radianted relics.

Additionaly there is too much visualy going on: Void Storm fog screen overlay thing, void storm bombs of energy? thing, usual explosions and zapps, radianted enemies, explosions from tenno powers and weapons - When I enter that mission I feel like in an overexplosive Michael Bay movie. It was really bothering me and my friend and impacted enjoyment from the new game mode.

Please consider following changes Visual-wise and Reward-wise.

Love ya

You did a fantastic job with introducing the new character. props all around to the team. 

Please consider adding a quest for each assassination target on the start chart that doesn't already have one to help give them more significance and weight to their place in the universe. . 

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Vernoc:

this. i hope they let us open more relics at the some time. if not this mode is already dead

Honestly, yes we really need either faster missions (faster than capture, and I dont think there is a mission type that can open relics faster than capture) or multiple relics at a time or noone is going to play void storms for the relics.

Archived