Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sleeping In the Cold Below

RFaul

truly, it is a great song!

I'm glad there's been a resurgence of sea shanties over the past few years, I think it started for me with AC4: Black Flag, and then recently that postman who went viral with his songs. this song and We All Lift Together are proof this game has an amazing soundtrack and whatever Keith Power and the rest are being paid, it's worth every last penny!

Regardless of the quality of the song (It's not my thing) the way it was introduced was abysmal. Here we have a shadowy wraith with a name that begs black metal music and we get the spice girls attempt at being a pirate. I mean that completely ruined it for me. Both Sevagoth's introduction and the song. Didn't enjoy the song either. I tried listening to it after I finished the quest, but it's just not my kind of song.

I didn't like the way it appeared feels like that section was just shoved in there to show their song, remove it and the quest is pretty much the same thing but 3 minutes shorter.

If it played during the last part while you're saving the ship and rescuing Sevagoth then it would be better

2 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

Regardless of the quality of the song (It's not my thing) the way it was introduced was abysmal. Here we have a shadowy wraith with a name that begs black metal music and we get the spice girls attempt at being a pirate. I mean that completely ruined it for me. Both Sevagoth's introduction and the song. Didn't enjoy the song either. I tried listening to it after I finished the quest, but it's just not my kind of song.

Thing is it's not Sevgoths theme song, it's Vala's. the quest is really a tale of two characters, Sevgoth and Vala, and the story beats jump from one to the other.

40 minutes ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Too bad the audio for the song completely cut out when I got that part. Ah well. Don't care to watch it or hear it after finishing the story.

Then your missing out, sea shanties are not my thing but it's actually really good.

3 minutes ago, Carl_Bar said:

Thing is it's not Sevgoths theme song, it's Vala's. the quest is really a tale of two characters, Sevgoth and Vala, and the story beats jump from one to the other.

Then your missing out, sea shanties are not my thing but it's actually really good.

Yes! Finally a person who got it right.

SPACE SHANTY. 

So catchy. 

Damn maybe even more catchy than WALT. 

DE did it again. Quest may have been short, but the song makes it very memorable and I am listening to it on repeat right now. 

Whoever did this song is really good. Plays on the popular sea shanty theme, but it has a spacey techno vibe too it still, and spacey lyrics. 

IDK how, but every time DE commissions a song or however they do it, it's just straight FIRE. 🔥

This is probably the best part of the Update for me ,

I loved it playing in the background while in *spoiler spoiler spoiler*

Spoiler

You play as the shadow during the quest , i try to match the attacks to the beat and it feels very satisfying if timed right. Would have been much cooler if it played during a dogfight while you pilot the tempestarii as ghost with occasional boarding parties to fight as you are eventually overwhelmed to continue the story.

I will absolutely be replaying the story to get the somachords

The thing that most people seem to miss is that the quest is more complex than most typical one-dimensional Warframe quests.
It follows two narrative storylines at the same time that culminate together at one point. It's the "crisis" where 
- Tempestarii seem to be lost, because of our mistake.
- We are in a danger and the shadow has to protect us.
- Vala is revealing to the player her backstory. Explaining why she is after Tempestarii.

It looks like the fact that all these things culminate at the same moment cause many people to think that the "theme" of Sevagoth doesn't corelate with the song, but that's because the song has nothing to do with him. We listen to the song (story) of our enemy (Vala) while fighting her troops to defend ourselves.

I belive that Call of the Tempestarii is one of the best Warframe quest exactly because of the narrative complexity.

I was honestly expecting a good Warframe quest as always, but I belive that Call of the Tempestarii is much more.

19 часов назад, RazerXPrime сказал:

It might be far-fetched, but DE probably saw spike of popularity that sea shanties had quite recently, and decided to create this song.
And thus Sevagoth was changed from a reaper into a space pirate.....

Спойлер

QFw1OQG.png

3 hours ago, Cerikus said:

The thing that most people seem to miss is that the quest is more complex than most typical one-dimensional Warframe quests.
It follows two narrative storylines at the same time that culminate together at one point. It's the "crisis" where 
- Tempestarii seem to be lost, because of our mistake.
- We are in a danger and the shadow has to protect us.
- Vala is revealing to the player her backstory. Explaining why she is after Tempestarii.

It looks like the fact that all these things culminate at the same moment cause many people to think that the "theme" of Sevagoth doesn't corelate with the song, but that's because the song has nothing to do with him. We listen to the song (story) of our enemy (Vala) while fighting her troops to defend ourselves.

I belive that Call of the Tempestarii is one of the best Warframe quest exactly because of the narrative complexity.

I was honestly expecting a good Warframe quest as always, but I belive that Call of the Tempestarii is much more.

Felt like we got to play as Moby Dic'k while slaying all those crewman and listening to Ahab's reason for vengeance.

19 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

I enjoyed the song for my part.

I wanted to opine a bit on your general statement though. I feel it kinda encapsulates what's generally been happening to pop culture over the last decade metaphorically.

29 minutes ago, Rantear said:

It might be far-fetched, but DE probably saw spike of popularity that sea shanties had quite recently, and decided to create this song.
And thus Sevagoth was changed from a reaper into a space pirate.....

Reveal hidden contents

QFw1OQG.png

There are a couple little problems with that theory. 

The song isn't about Sevagoth. 

It's about that Corpus lady Vala who is probably going to be the first Corpus Queenpin turned into a Corpus "Lich" by Parvos Granum -- Okay... now maybe I'm getting a little too far with my speculation lol. But her ending up in the Granum Void, and the golden hand reaching out to her... and queenpins being next, just seems like perfect setup. 

Also Sevagoth still isn't a pirate. He's on a ghost ship, but its the ghost ship that exists in the void somehow due to his shadow form, and he was a rescue pilot on a ship commended for its record at search and rescue, as far as I understood the quest.

Not saying the song couldn't have been inspired at all by the trend of course, just pointing out a couple things there. 

30 минут назад, Tesseract7777 сказал:

The song isn't about Sevagoth. 

And what does it have to do with anything?
I might not know many sea shanties, but i'm pretty not all of them are about ghostly pirates.

30 минут назад, Tesseract7777 сказал:

Also Sevagoth still isn't a pirate.

On devstream... 152 i believe, they first said that they're going with the "Flying Dutchman" theme, and thus had to redesign Sevagoth's alternative helmet, you know, the one with an eyepatch, earring, and a stereotypical pirate bandana.

17 minutes ago, Rantear said:

On devstream... 152 i believe, they first said that they're going with the "Flying Dutchman" theme, and thus had to redesign Sevagoth's alternative helmet, you know, the one with an eyepatch, earring, and a stereotypical pirate bandana.

The Flying Dutchman is a Legendary Ghost Ship... I don't remember it being associated with a pirate or even being helmed by a pirate captain in any mythology. Maybe you are watching too much Spongebob. 

Links? 

5 минут назад, Tesseract7777 сказал:

The Flying Dutchman is a Legendary Ghost Ship... I don't remember it being associated with a pirate or even being helmed by a pirate captain in any mythology. Maybe you are watching too much Spongebob. 

Links? 

Lol, what a "creative" way to call someone a child, ofc you would resort to it, seeing how much of a nonsense your previous post was.

I actually never heard of it being something else other than a pirate ship, even if it's incorrect, it is pretty much a standard in media, any prove that it isn't a pirate ship?

And links for what?

Sevagoth's alt helmet? You can see it yourself in-game.

Devstream 152? That one is sooo hard to find, but you can do it!

And if you haven't used up your entire brain capacity when coming up with the most non-conspicuous insult, that you're capable of, you would've understood, that i don't remember, which devstream it was, and i sure ain't gonna waste my time re-watching the streams again just to find, where and when they said that.

6 minutes ago, Rantear said:

Lol, what a "creative" way to call someone a child, ofc you would resort to it, seeing how much of a nonsense your previous post was.

I actually never heard of it being something else other than a pirate ship, even if it's incorrect, it is pretty much a standard in media, any prove that it isn't a pirate ship?

And links for what?

I wasn't trying to call you a child, lol, I figure everyone knows spongebob, it's just the first media that comes to mind that misrepresents the dutchman legend (what does that say about me that I think of that first)? Haha. 

Links for it being anything other than a non pirate related ghost ship, that didn't even have any kind of captain legend behind it until fiction created one or two hundreds of years after the beginning of the legend. And I'm not sure what you mean by standard media. 

It's a legend from hundreds of years ago, that had nothing to do with pirates, the pirate stuff is recent popular media that conflated it with a bunch of old legends, like the way Pirates of the Caribbean turned Davy Jones into a full on psychopomp and made him captain of the Dutchman, something that has never been mentioned in any old legends before ever. 

The only nonsense here is you continuing to laughably insist that Sevagoth is a pirate. Anyways I'm done believe what you want to believe idc, the legends this is based on aren't what you think they are. 

Archived