Xbox PSA: Post Update 30 Login Crash Fix

Tenno,

We wanted to provide some insight into what caused the login crashes with Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii. With your diligent real-time reporting, we were able to find the culprit: our Twitch Drop code.

We’ve disabled the code on the backend so Xbox players can log into Warframe without crashing and have submitted a fix. A couple important things to note:

1. Xbox Tenno won’t receive Twitch Drops for the duration of this week's campaign.

2. This is a code fix, meaning it can’t be Hotfixed and must go through the Cert process.

While we wait for our next Cert build opportunity, we’ll be putting Drops on pause once this week’s campaign ends to ensure Drop unity for all. Having everyone benefit from Twitch Drops is always our goal and we’ll get back into it once the code is properly fixed. 

Thanks again for your reporting efforts! We hope you enjoy Call of the Tempestarii!

• Like 8

Well, that's a shame.  If we keep watching the streams this week and still click on Claim Drop when it shows up, is there a chance the team could run a script somewhere down the line that would redistribute those earned drops to Xbox players?  I'm sure we all have our eyes on some new Railjack components and 5 rush repair drones would be pretty helpful.

• Like 3

I can’t even log in to warframe from my Series X, is there a hot fix coming soon ?? I’ve tried everything from power cycling to hard reset to uninstall/reinstall nothing still sits at the login screen saying 0% connecting and sometimes I get a you need to update to play when I have the update.... I get on my one x and play fine... can you guys please fix this !! 

• Like 1

Thank you guys at DE for finding the issue and working on it

I have seen that the Duplication Protection has not kicked in on Xbox. I got the Wolf Howl with 30 Nightwave credits....and stayed at 30. Thank goodness for the 50 creds next or would not be able to get some items in the shop.

Keep making the best game i have experienced better each time

Cheers

🥂

On 2021-04-14 at 12:04 AM, [DE]Megan said:

We’ve disabled the code on the backend so Xbox players can log into Warframe without crashing and have submitted a fix. A couple important things to note:

1. Xbox Tenno won’t receive Twitch Drops for the duration of this week's campaign.

2. This is a code fix, meaning it can’t be Hotfixed and must go through the Cert process

Thanks for the info. Can I make a suggestion?

Your internal testing really should have caught this, and this is a costly error that has ruined this launch for the kind of players that watch lots of Warframe Twitch streams and are highly active. You're paying Twitch streamers to market to us, but we can't play together and don't get a big part of the campaign.

It sucked not being able to play Tempestarii at launch and it still sucks not being able to play with anyone else at all (Warframe is a lot less fun as a ghost town).

So, the suggestion: before you release an Xbox build, every time, clone a range of accounts. Some new players, some mid range, and some over 1000 days, MR30, loads of Tennocon and Twitch drops accounts like mine.

Then spin up your test code on your dev Xbox and try signing in and playing a selection of missions with that account.

I mean, this isn't a hard to find bug or some obscure interaction between particular weapons/abilities/missions. Can users log in and join a mission is really the most basic testing possible.

This shouldn't take long, wouldn't cost lots of money to do, and would save potentially ruining your marketing strategy again.

• Like 1

Hello everyone!

Sadly I still cannot play the game on my xbox series x after the fix. Always crashes when starting the game. Even restarting the console multiple times didn't work. I don't know what to do anymore. Would be nice to have an answer 😀

Thank you and have a great day!

When is matchmaking going to be fixed? It's a joke. If it was platinum it would be fixed in seconds! I've been nearly a week since the update. You messed up keyboard as well, why are you not fixing the main bugs. Absolute joke how DE deals with patches

Edited by (XBOX)iVeIos

game on XBOX ONE S - I can't even get in the game, don't connect the hard one and they don't fix it or go public on their pages explain what is happening and when they will fix total discourse

51 minutes ago, (XBOX)iVeIos said:

Quando o matchmaking será consertado? É uma piada. Se fosse platina, seria consertado em segundos! Já faz quase uma semana desde a atualização. Você bagunçou o teclado também, por que não corrigiu os principais bugs. Piada absoluta como a DE lida com patches

game on XBOX ONE S - I can't even get in the game, don't connect the hard one and they don't fix it or go public on their pages explain what is happening and when they will fix total discourse

I still have an empty friends list and have had one since update. Also after update I couldn’t use keyboard and mouse at the same time, had to use one or the other by unplugging the one currently being use, then plug the other one in, rinse and repeat to switch back but today I got on and can’t use either one outside of chat(but have to use controller to bring up onscreen keyboard and then I can type on keyboard) Tried resetting game and Xbox multiple times, unplugging keyboard and mouse and still nothing. Really inconvenient and frustrating  because I have certain gear items hotkeyed on keyboard so I can just hit a key instead of bringing up my gear wheel and going through 40+ items that way. Also I was using keyboard roughly 8 hours before logging on this morning. Please fix this DE