Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So about the ending of "Call of the Tempestarii"

LordDoom01

So at the end there, that Corpus Captain (don't recall her name) is found by Parvos. But is it Parvos? He already had left there, since this is after The Deadlock Protocol. Is this The Man In The Wall? Can it now mimic other people rather than who it is speaking to?

39 minutes ago, LordDoom01 said:

But is it Parvos? He already had left there, since this is after The Deadlock Protocol. 

The reason Parvos was stuck in the first place was because Protea's time-reversing powers backfired. But once we arrived, she had the data she needed to repair herself and let Pravos finally escape:

"I live. Treachery seethed within the heart of the faith I had built. When the Board's assassins overloaded my transport's Void drive, Protea... my beautiful Protea... and her gift for manipulating time... preserved me. But at the cost of all that she was. Now she is nothing more than a Specter of her former self. My beautiful Protea. That is why you have been invited here."

"Protea has scanned her kin... and with that, she is reinvigorated. Now, my lovely, if you wouldn't mind? Show our guests the door."

Without Protea doing anything, people can come and go from Granum Island as they please. Provided you know how to actually get there, because it's still the Void and the Void is still WTF-land, population: not your sanity

10 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

The reason Parvos was stuck in the first place was because Protea's time-reversing powers backfired. But once we arrived, she had the data she needed to repair herself and let Pravos finally escape:

Without Protea doing anything, people can come and go from Granum Island as they please. Provided you know how to actually get there, because it's still the Void and the Void is still WTF-land, population: not your sanity

49 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Well every one of the ships in his fleet has a coin operated portal to the Granum void, I'm sure he can come and go as he pleases.

Oh yeah. I guess there is that. Just didn't think he'd want to go back there after being trapped for so long.

Vala called Parvos in The Quest that she discovered the ghost. In the end, he probably detected her in his former prison and go retrieve her himself. Her fate is currently unknown, but my speculation say Parvos will use her in his “Tenno Nemesis” aka Queenpin program as one of the first test subjects or got a rapid promotion becoming head of the project.

YMZl7Vw.gif

I am going to have to say, this particular story arc, didn't do it for me.

The oktoberfest folk music (with nothing but respect to german beer), a lady with painted lines on her face, the go-go gadgets ending and shooting sevagoth out the torpedo tube and watch them explode, I thought we were collecting those? Didn't we just blow up that warframe?

It seemed creativly bankrupt in terms of maturity and production value.

Like an oblivion dialogue fail scene or something, just totally off, tone deaf and funny.

3 hours ago, Surbusken said:

It seemed creativly bankrupt in terms of maturity and production value.

Going to disagree

Production value didn't seem lacking to me. I mean it was about as well-put-together as Deadlock Protocol. And speaking of...

...this story's only flaw where I stand is being shackled to Deadlock. Everything else was cool. If it were standalone, I'd see no problems with pacing or scale or theme or anything. You're on a random salvage mission, and you get dragged into a story between ghosts and privateers. And it a story that's already half-over, I actually like that "get to the action now, piece together what backstory you actually care about on the way" kind of storytelling. That's the kind of "hey we built this huge universe, here's just a sample of stories going on" thing that made Star Wars and Warhammer 40k so big

I thought it was a Corpus Lich. She’s just going to ally with them? 

What I was hoping for was it to be my operator. Then it could put its hand on her face and suck out her soul... nope DE can’t ever let us suck peoples souls out as an operator... 

Parvos is assembling his 'queenpins' for that one 'violent restructuring' the Corpus might undergo, as he mentioned in the message to you at the end of Protea's quest. The Granum Void seemed in decay, probably due to him being away from it. Parvos would return there only if there was something to be gained from it. Vala is likely to have jumped there from one of the Granum shrines, when her ship was being consumed by the Tempestarii's 'countermeasure'.

7 hours ago, LordDoom01 said:

Oh yeah. I guess there is that. Just didn't think he'd want to go back there after being trapped for so long.

He was probably notified that Vala had entered his Void refuge and he thought "might as well bring her out".

On the other hand (ha-ha), Pavos has had several of his Hand-portals installed in every Corpus ship. He did that for a reason, which means he probably still uses them. Possibly as fast-travel option, or escape-way for important Corpus captains, or possibly Queenpining.

I didn't like this quest at all...

I was more a confusing visuel novelle then anything else just interupted with a couple seeker volleys and jamming drones.

The whole Sevagoth story and its main body emergence in the Temestarii after we void stormed Vala's ship back to Granum space is just dumb.

Where did it (the body) come from?

How did we picked it up?

Why did we shoot it, after the shadow combined itself with it, back into the void?

Why did the Temepestarii destory that Corpus Station in the first place?

Who are Vala's sisters she's talking and singing about?

(mind you the way it looked is that the void changed her into the first Queep Ping as you might deduce when u let the quest screen open for a bit after you finished the quest. After some time she sais something and her eyes turn black...

Not happening when you revisit the quest in the codex unfortunately..

All in all there was so much more energy and polish in Deadlock and Deimos then here, its not even funny.

Yes they said they shortened the quest for some reason but after this i really hope they reconsider and release a directors cut at some point, because right now i do not give a single piece of crap about anything and anyone here...

Why should i care about that generic mix of Cate Blanchet and DE Danielle anyway? -.-

I'm guessing the woman ( Vala I think is her name?) is going to be working with Parvos to set up Corpus Queenpins. while she was mainly focused on the Tempestarii, she doesn't seem to have much love for us either, being Corpus and all. I'm curious as to the use of the word "sisters" used in the quest: she refers to those killed by the Tempestarii as such but it sounds like they were just crew members, and Parvos refers to Vala as sister, but again, are they actually family or is it just a term of endearment?; corpus voices don't carry tone very well. 

most of the quest was mediocre but I'll forgive it for the kick-a$$ space shanty we got. SISTEERRRRRS, BELOW BELOW, WE'RE GOING WHERE THE WINDS DON'T BLOW!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Crossfire78 said:

-- snip --

I thought it was pretty straight forward...  The Tempestarii was a salvage & rescue vessel captained by Sevagoth.  It got caught in a void storm and essentially became a "ghost ship".  Vala lost many crew and fellow Corpus to the Tempestarii so she held a grudge.  When you found and "persuaded" the Tempestarii to calm down, you took it on a final voyage to rescue Sevagoth's physical body.  Once found, you sent it off on a space funeral.  Vala ended up in the Granum Void and probably became the first Queenpin?

It was a pleasant quest, if a bit short.  Although between "We All Lift Together" and "Sleeping in the Cold Below", I'm just wondering when we're going to see Corpus: The Musical...

I get that this is supposed to set up Queenpins, but I'm disappointed in what our actions were forced to be in the quest. Deadlock Protocol set Parvos up as morally ambiguous making it seem like he has no feelings either way toward the tenno, but being willing to use them to his advantage. Our actions all the way till we enter the void could all be seen as justified:

• Scavenging resources - non-agressive
  • Defending ourselves when the corpus attack for those same resources - justified
  • Stealing data about the Tempestarii - objectionable, but can be done without bringing harm to any of the corpus
  • Escaping the imprisonment - justified
  • Blowing up their ship just to enter the void, even though that could be done anywhere else - not justifiable as they were in no way hampering our ability to complete the objective at that point and all we are doing is antagonising them. (A bit more relevant on console as on PC we've been blowing up corpus ships for almost a month now)

Sure, the corpus have always been an opposing faction, but they just changed leadership with the new leader decrying the path his empire went down without him. This could've been the best time for a diplomatic approach determining how goals can align, but instead we go and blow them up for no reason.

Obviously we would never ally with them for gameplay reasons, but logically there is good reasons for us to ally. They don't loose Billions of credits each time we blow up their ships and we get to lessen their exploitative nature, improving the lives of those they rule over. And they are probably the most likely to invent new technologies that will improve people's lives or help against the sentient invasion whenever that were to happen (Alad's Alliance with the sentients is definitely a concern. This could be used as an advantage for either side, Alad's experiments will obviously help him better understand the sentients, which could allow us to better understand them. But this flows both ways, the sentients could also learn more about us and thus how to nullify us further than they are already doing.).

4 minutes ago, PhiThagRaid said:

Sure, the corpus have always been an opposing faction, but they just changed leadership with the new leader decrying the path his empire went down without him. This could've been the best time for a diplomatic approach determining how goals can align, but instead we go and blow them up for no reason.

It wasn't confirmed he took over the Corpus, his last message was:

"...Corpus shall know a violent restructuring, but with time enough to face the impending threat of Tau with renewed and absolute vigor.

Or not. Perhaps the rot is too deep. Perhaps the father should abandon his children. Perhaps it is time for a new philosophy. Hmmm."

It's not clear what he ended up going with for now

The main thing I’m trying to track down right now is a translations of the runes floating from the ship, Sevagoth and the shadow in certain scenes.

I’m not so good at Orokin, but I’m willing to bet at leat one of them is “Doom” or “menacing” because the anime is strong with this one.

Sevagoth’s placeholder name while they worked on him was wraith, but I always remembered it as the “is that a jojo reference?” The warframe.

19 hours ago, LordDoom01 said:

So at the end there, that Corpus Captain (don't recall her name) is found by Parvos. But is it Parvos? He already had left there, since this is after The Deadlock Protocol. Is this The Man In The Wall? Can it now mimic other people rather than who it is speaking to?

This whole quest was one giant hint towards the mystery of who the man in the wall is. Spoiler: It's not a void god, and its not a single entity. Hell, Sevagoth's entire gimmick is based on wally. People just refuse to acknowledge it because they're still suffering from anchorman bias from palladino implying wally and what rell saw is the same thing.

I would bet plat on the fact that the person reaching out to Vala is Parvos' shadow, aka man in the wall.

10 hours ago, MqToasty said:

Vala lost many crew and fellow Corpus to the Tempestarii so she held a grudge.

The timing of its loss and her relatively recent existence don't make any sense. Did it randomly reappear, and happen to coincide with a void storm that wiped out the Corpus station (or whatever) she was working outside? That's...not much of a revenge motive if you have the slightest concept of what a void storm even is.

Archived