Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can I no longer avoid Railjack content???...

4thBro

It doesn't really interest me, and I super-hate Archwing stuff already... (and apparently need to REALLY pump up my Archwing game if I'm gonna get through Steel Path...)

But now it's also like... I can't even try out this new frame or this new gun without farming Void Storms, which are apparently Railjack content???

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

It doesn't really interest me, and I super-hate Archwing stuff already... (and apparently need to REALLY pump up my Archwing game if I'm gonna get through Steel Path...)

But now it's also like... I can't even try out this new frame or this new gun without farming Void Storms, which are apparently Railjack content???

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Well... both of those statements are technically not true.

You can ignore Steelpath archwing missions. Actually you can ignore the whole steelpath. You forfeit the rewards for completion, but that is not a main content of the game.
You don't lose any weapons or warframes. Everything from Teshin's shop can be obtained by playing the incursions and ignoring archwing parts. (Only exception are the planet decorations.)
The same is true about the Railjack. If you really hate it, just go farm regular void fissures, trade for plat and buy sevagoth from market. A f2p way to completelly ignore Railjack/archwing. I would recommend giving the quest a shot tho. It is actually great. And a lot of people have negative opinion on Railjack. And rightfully so. The first iteration was not good, but I honestly think it's a very nice gamemode now. :)

It depends. 

You could always do trading buying to get the rewards other ways I am sure, but the thing is, it is going to continue to become a more integrated part of the game. 

So I would say the answer is, for now you probably still can by trading, but maybe not forever. 

All the complaining about Taxijack, but this is no surprise and exactly how Steve envisioned it. He always wanted it to be an integrated way to get you in and out of missions and stuff, and they are going to continue to go more and more in that direction. 

Archwing and railjack continuing to integrate more with the main game is inevitable, it is something Steve has been talking about for years and is finally starting to see the beginnings of it taking shape as a reality. 

Embrace change. 

1 minute ago, -AncientWarrior- said:

yep just buy it if you dont like RJ etc, but Sevagoth really isnt worth the plat - I find him kinda disappointing

He certainly doesn't look good. I'm more curious about his weapon.

3 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

Yes, guys, I obviously know of the alternate & inefficient ways to get these things...... That wasn't really the heart of my question, which I dunno why I have to say this out loud......

your title: Can I no longer avoid Railjack content???...

All we did was to answer it.

The answer: YES, you can.

7 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

Yes, guys, I obviously know of the alternate & inefficient ways to get these things...... That wasn't really the heart of my question, which I dunno why I have to say this out loud......

Ah my bad you wanted the real answer, not the "just buy it with plat until they literally make you play rj answer". 

The real answer is yeah, about time to dive in. 

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

Ah my bad you wanted the real answer, not the "just buy it with plat until they literally make you play rj answer". 

The real answer is yeah, about time to dive in. 

Yeah man! See, that's what I was asking.

And yeahhhhhhhhhh, it seems like it's time to dive in... :(

I hope it's not as miserable as Archwings. It MIGHT even be fun. Guess I'll find out.

8 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

I hope it's not as miserable as Archwings. It MIGHT even be fun. Guess I'll find out.

I held out on really getting into railjack seriously until I could have my own NPC crew.

Now I'm quickly finding it addicting.

Who knows maybe you'll end up like me and be a holdout who ends up loving it. 

It'll be required just as much as every other previous system has been. To try and avoid a new system will always be futile in the end as it becomes more mandatory to engage with it.

We watched it happen with Arcwing as more was put behind it and was made required to have for story content and we've been watching it happen with Necramechs and Railjack for New War. And almost certainty there will even be some quest and/or boss that will require having a K-Drive sometime in the future.

As already pointed out yes you technically can still avoid it for now but the longer you do so the worse you're going to make things for yourself. It isn't something anyone should expect to always remain technically optional.

Space combat content has changed a lot in the past 3 years, the controls are full resopnsive, weapon power is decent, the only thing is Amesha dominating every aspect of space content, wich I expect to be fixed when they release the modular archwing system in future updates.

I held out on RJ for a long time, I eventually gave it a shot and maxed everything but it's just so damn boring. Pretty much blow up fighters for 2 minutes and then the rest of the mission is busy work running around hacking consoles and blowing up some random stuff. It gets old extremely fast. 

I ran a few RJ fissures or whatever they're called and realized I didn't feel like running ~15 minute missions for a 10% drop chance. I wasn't worth my time running content I didn't enjoy so, I just bought the Sevagoth bundle off market. 

Throw plat at the problem and pretend it never existed. 

Lets be honest here, in 2-3 months when (inevitably) rj doesn't take off (again) they will finally give up on it and allow you to basically bypass the whole thing (as usual)

Its a boring mode, made more boring by op af crew members, and aside from another pokemon to catch and some mastery (from trash weapons that no one will actually use) there is no actual reason to play it and in a short while nobody will.

7 hours ago, 4thBro said:

Imagine archwing, where you don't actually have to shoot anything and it can't take damage or die. Your only job is to fly from a to b and then do a normal defence mission.

Sounds good? Then you'll love this!

Archived