Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can I no longer avoid Railjack content???...

4thBro

16 hours ago, (PSN)thegarada said:

Or even better, play a different game than warframe.

Ok so what's stopping you from doing this?

16 hours ago, (PSN)thegarada said:

I do not enjoy the space combat and this is not what I was looking for when I started to play warframe to begin with.

So with "Space Ninjas" being a major form of advertising on the part of DE, would it be a fair assumption that DE MIGHT want take the game into space?

Because it's literally been in the cards since the idea for Warframes inception first got off the ground even before it was called Warframe. If DE could've done Railjack in 2013, they would have 100%.

You haven't been sold a bad batch of goods when Railjack has been something they've really wanted to do since Day 1, if you actually looked into the matter, you would have known that.

They literally discussed this when Railjack was initially shown off a couple of years ago, so it's not like this should be a surprise.

It's always been in the cards.

I really dislike when someone complains about creative and story decisions of game developers, because "it's not something they enjoy". If it's badly implemented, bugged or anticonsumer, I will protest alongside you, but complaining about gamemode not being your thing, is ridiculous. 

Don't play it then, if you hate it.

If you want to avoid RJ content at all cost, but want the rewards, the market and trade chat is right there. Currently there is nothing you can't obtain from trading or market.
Only exceptions I can think of are: Tenebrous ephemera and cosmetics/decorations for completing Tempestarii quest. Unnecessary bonuses for completion for those who actually play it. If you don't want to, you don't deserve those.

13 hours ago, (PSN)thegarada said:

No, you cannot if you want to progress the story or access some of none RJ content. I don’t play RJ and the main quested released over a year ago is locked for me.

This is literally untrue. If by the main quest you mean the cutscene, it is available in the codex, just go and watch it. It is not locked behind anything.
Call of the Tempestari is a nice quest. If you want to know the story, watch it on youtube and buy the warframe with plat.
Sentient tileset looks cool, but there is basically no gameplay and no real reward.

14 hours ago, (PSN)thegarada said:

I rarely play warframe for a reason. I do not enjoy the space combat and this is not what I was looking for when I started to play warframe to begin with.

95% of the game is still ground combat and current state of RJ is 80% ground combat.

You can join a random squad and do the ground parts. Or you can join a random squad and play the ground parts and in the meantime you can give a chance to the space part, maybe you will even realize it is enjoyable. Or not. Up to you. I will just repeat what I said:

The question from OP was:  Can I no longer avoid Railjack content???...

And the answer is: YES, because you can. 

15 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

This is literally untrue. If by the main quest you mean the cutscene, it is available in the codex, just go and watch it. It is not locked behind anything.

Considering Deadlock Protocol is a perquisite for COTT, COTT is very highly likely going to be a perquisite for future quests and likely The New War when it finally arrives.

So whether he likes it or not, some low level Railjack will eventually be a requirement to continue with Warframe but not at this very moment.

But the Warframe itself isn't but that goes without saying 

Everything else you've stated though I agree with 100%

vor 52 Minuten schrieb Cerikus:

I really dislike when someone complains about creative and story decisions of game developers, because "it's not something they enjoy". If it's badly implemented, bugged or anticonsumer, I will protest alongside you, but complaining about gamemode not being your thing, is ridiculous. 

Don't play it then, if you hate it.

Thank you. What you describe is exactly the one thing I sometimes hate about this community. I don't mind people complaining or critiquing issues with the game, balancing, bugs, etc. but I loathe it when people are complaining that the vision the devs have for the game isn't exactly what they as players want from the game. 

If the train is going somewhere you don't like, it is up to you to get out at next station and choose a different train.

When it comes to creative decisions, game devs don't owe their players anything.

Archived