Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No! No more RNG within RNG within RNG within an unexplained surprise "mechanic"

Zorbiter

Dear DE,
I love Warframe, but you are making it increasingly difficult. I don't know the decision making in your organization, but if the goal is more new players, you are on the wrong path. If you are catering to a select few elite players, that is the path you are on.
The Kuva Lich mechanic needs to be an opt in/out. I can only speak for myself as an almost exclusively solo player. I have absolutely no problem fighting the Duush Bahk, but the grind to maybe get a relic that maybe has the rune, has left me avoiding that part of the game altogether. I care nothing for the potential reward. The annoyance is too great.
Also... You have made a new player experience. No you have made a new player video. You actively refuse to guide new potential customers? That is baffling!
Dial the grind down a notch.
Sincerely,

Oh wait till you see the RNG of Riven Mods. 

6 minutes ago, Zorbiter said:

have absolutely no problem fighting the Duush Bahk, but the grind to maybe get a relic that maybe has the rune, has left me avoiding that part of the game altogether. I care nothing for the potential reward.

Have you tried farming Requiem Relics from Lich thralls? Farming relics in kuva siphon or flood is very inefficient.

2 minutes ago, BRZZAFK said:

That's Warframe for you. Since there's no difficulty at all. Only thing they can do is prolong the grind.

You can just forget about it and wait for the next lich update. Maybe it will be easier.

I don't want easier. I want less relic nonsense. I also want my stuff back!

10 minutes ago, Zorbiter said:

I don't want easier. I want less relic nonsense. I also want my stuff back!

Try this method

• Farm useless Prime Parts from relics.
  • Sell them for plat to other players.
  • Buy the mods from other players.

Requiem mods are dirt cheap these days. They are priced around 5 platinum

1 minute ago, DrivaMain said:

Try this method

• Farm useless Prime Parts from relics.
  • Sell them for plat to other players.
  • Buy the mods from other players.

Requiem mods are dirt cheap these days. They are priced around 5 platinum

I know. I hate the trading mechanic with a passion. That is another topic.

36 minutes ago, Zorbiter said:

Dear DE,
I love Warframe, but you are making it increasingly difficult. I don't know the decision making in your organization, but if the goal is more new players, you are on the wrong path. If you are catering to a select few elite players, that is the path you are on.
The Kuva Lich mechanic needs to be an opt in/out. I can only speak for myself as an almost exclusively solo player. I have absolutely no problem fighting the Duush Bahk, but the grind to maybe get a relic that maybe has the rune, has left me avoiding that part of the game altogether. I care nothing for the potential reward. The annoyance is too great.
Also... You have made a new player experience. No you have made a new player video. You actively refuse to guide new potential customers? That is baffling!
Dial the grind down a notch.
Sincerely,

You know I have read this about 4 times and I still dont actually know what you are try to get across..  you're unhappy about the grind or the Lichs or relics/requiems ?   You say lichs should have an opt/in/out.. they do already.. you say DE are making it increasingly difficult when infact they have made it far less difficult in the last 3 years.. DE cater to new players by making everything available to them very early on allowing them much better weapons and frames so they go into higher mission faster.. as for the videos for new players Utube has thousands of WF videos for all player levels for all missions.. sorry I know you're trying to make a point I just dont see what the point is.. 

11 minutes ago, Zorbiter said:

Oh well, not that anyone's going to listen anyway. I'll just continue trying to explain to my friend why it's a good game. And he's saying "why"

And really based on the first statement I'd suggest, politely, that you shouldnt be the one trying to explain to your friend about WF .. :) 

Like other farms that require a prerequisite resource once you get over the initial grind they become irrelevant. More specifically once you get through the grind of getting enough relics to get one or two copies of each requiem mod you'll end up getting relics faster than you go through the mods. Also if you're opening relics solo you're multiplying the grind for yourself.

DE already cater to new players, you can instantly unlock new content and bypass quest requirement by buying the railjack pack :)

Like it or not this is the core design of any F2P grind game, pay up, OR grind the items separately that only drop on rotation C (1% chance) only during the day while on a k-drive with necramech equipped and 10 intrinsic requirement or they offer you the thing for 100plat-ish. Its either you grind with worse condition every update or platinum.

1 minute ago, -AncientWarrior- said:

You know I have read this about 4 times and I still dont actually know what you are try to get across..  you're unhappy about the grind or the Lichs or relics/requiems ?   You say lichs should have an opt/in/out.. they do already.. you say DE are making it increasingly difficult when infact they have made it far less difficult in the last 3 years.. DE cater to new players by making everything available to them very early on allowing them much better weapons and frames so they go into higher mission faster.. as for the videos for new players Utube has thousands of WF videos for all player levels for all missions.. sorry I know you're trying to make a point I just dont see what the point is.. 

And really based on the first statement I'd suggest, politely, that you shouldnt be the one trying to explain to your friend about WF .. :) 

Yes. I admit I have some to gain as far as communicative abilities go. Your ability to comprehend worries me. If a game relies on Youtube and Wikipedia to make itself comprehensible, there may be a slight problem.
I am especially unhappy with the kuva lich mechanic. Maybe I'm the only one, but that is just too annoying for me. If I'm the only one, just ignore what i've said.

4 minutes ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

DE already cater to new players, you can instantly unlock new content and bypass quest requirement by buying the railjack pack :)

Like it or not this is the core design of any F2P grind game, pay up, OR grind the items separately that only drop on rotation C (1% chance) only during the day while on a k-drive with necramech equipped and 10 intrinsic requirement or they offer you the thing for 100plat-ish. Its either you grind with worse condition every update or platinum.

I am well aware. It's the "let's have the noob poke the larveling, and see what happens" I don't agree with. Along with the following rng within the rng.

Just now, Zorbiter said:

You know what I mean, you knob!

I didn't, but now I do.  I think that the partner program is made for this kind of situations honestly, I don't expect full tutorials ina  logn time for this game since devs works on an impressive speed developing stuff, I don't know any other game dev company with this man power (like 300 people distributed on everything) and the speed to do updates at the pace DE does and I would like to be pointed out about other companies that do the same to compare stuff and learn more about the industry.

1 hour ago, Zorbiter said:

Dial the grind down a notch

Grinding is kinda what you do in Warframe. Grind for rewards, grind for better weapons, mods, warframes, etc. And yeah, you have the option to skip the grind by paying plat outright but for the majority of the time you will be grinding.

I honestly like grinding because it makes me feel like I've put in effort for whatever I'm trying to get rather than it just getting handed to me. Not to say that I will grind for hours on end, I get extremely tired of it lol. Just take breaks, step away from the screen, and come back later.

Grinding is definitely not for everyone and it really sounds like it's not for you, so I hate to break it to ya but this game probably isn't for you, then

13 minutes ago, Zorbiter said:

If a game relies on Youtube and Wikipedia to make itself comprehensible, there may be a slight problem.

Slight?

Not at all

We are playing warframe not youtube or wikipedia and thats answer to that argument

I understand what u mean in ur OP but what devs can do other than prolong our grind here?
Give us proper content? Tweak existing content into being more enjoyable? Thats busy stuff and thats why we get grind covered in layers of RNG

Only option for us is to search a way how to make it easier and less frustrating for us

2 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I didn't, but now I do.  I think that the partner program is made for this kind of situations honestly, I don't expect full tutorials ina  logn time for this game since devs works on an impressive speed developing stuff, I don't know any other game dev company with this man power (like 300 people distributed on everything) and the speed to do updates at the pace DE does and I would like to be pointed out about other companies that do the same to compare stuff and learn more about the industry.

There you go! Maybe they should shift focus for a little while?

The Kuva Lich mechanic needs to be an opt in/out.

But it already is??????

I have absolutely no problem fighting the Duush Bahk, but the grind to maybe get a relic that maybe has the rune, has left me avoiding that part of the game altogether.

It's annoying at first when you still have no runes, but thralls in lich missions drop relics, so that part quickly becomes self-sustaining. And these relics can be opened in kuva survival, so the other half of that grind can even be multitasked with something that isn't a waste of your time!

if the goal is more new players, you are on the wrong path. If you are catering to a select few elite players, that is the path you are on.

LOL has anyone ever been more wrong in the already notoriously questionable history of these forums? New players have an entire game to discover, full of exciting new things. Some of them are even challenging! Imagine having so much more content to enjoy than a monthly hour or two of disappointment and broken promises. Ah, to be a new player again...

6 minutes ago, ButterBeeEggs said:

Grinding is kinda what you do in Warframe. Grind for rewards, grind for better weapons, mods, warframes, etc. And yeah, you have the option to skip the grind by paying plat outright but for the majority of the time you will be grinding.

I honestly like grinding because it makes me feel like I've put in effort for whatever I'm trying to get rather than it just getting handed to me. Not to say that I will grind for hours on end, I get extremely tired of it lol. Just take breaks, step away from the screen, and come back later.

Grinding is definitely not for everyone and it really sounds like it's not for you, so I hate to break it to ya but this game probably isn't for you, then

I am well aware, but when you then butt#*!% players with someone who suddenly steals half of what you're grinding for, only to find out that was a major mistake. What then?

10 minutes ago, ebrl said:

But it already is??????

It's annoying at first when you still have no runes, but thralls in lich missions drop relics, so that part quickly becomes self-sustaining. And these relics can be opened in kuva survival, so the other half of that grind can even be multitasked with something that isn't a waste of your time!

LOL has anyone ever been more wrong in the already notoriously questionable history of these forums? New players have an entire game to discover, full of exciting new things. Some of them are even challenging! Imagine having so much more content to enjoy than a monthly hour or two of disappointment and broken promises. Ah, to be a new player again...

I don't think you understand what I am trying to say. I applaud the effort!

Archived