Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No! No more RNG within RNG within RNG within an unexplained surprise "mechanic"

Zorbiter

38 minutes ago, Sinekanter said:

Absolutely agree. Similar, more extreme version of this behavior is literally the reason why so many people develop psychological problems, because they get told that what they feel is not valid and that others get to have a say on their emotions.

Funny thing is, I am a family mediator. I literally am one of the instances that come before the lawyer. And I have clients with similar behavior all the time.

Yeah, IME, this is a very prevalent thing in the gaming community.

I think trying to invalidate the Joy from Entertainment like this is something that needs to be addressed out in teh open so that emotionally vulnerable people understand they are allowed to feel Joy.

On 2021-04-28 at 1:36 PM, Hypernaut1 said:

Honestly, if a new players quits because of a lich, its probably for the best. They are either rushing the game too fast, or dont have patience. 

also- what new players are complaining about Liches? i only read these anecdotes. If i had to guess, im sure most players would think the Lich was cool. As a new player, i loved all of the mini-bosses that tried to hunt me down. 

Thanks for dismissing the ones I was referencing as I knew you would have, typical of those with your view points.

Those I was talking about enjoyed the game up to that point. Unlike you I will not dismiss them just because they don't enjoy what you do.

I am by no means a new player and I hate the lich system.

Does that mean everyone should? No. People will like or hate something regardless if it is liked or hated by many.

The players I talked to liked the stalker if the could beat them or not, there was no rng mini game trash to deal with, ect but a straightforward no nonsense fight.

The lich is end game content, I am not the only one who feels that way, others from the start felt that way as well as someone else had said many pages back.

If some believe that lichs are fine for newer players then open up steel path for new players, after all why should they have to wait for that end game content as well?

Edit:

I have no desire to do steel path early and am enjoying taking my time, I don't believe steel path access should be changed, all I am getting at is the lich system is too early for new/ish players.

There are only a few reasons I can see why some would be against making it end game and that's getting their hands on some extremely over powered kuva weapons at very early levels meaning they just waint to speed through the game or unable to wait to get their hands on op weapons.

Otherwise I really don't see why some would be against moving it to end game.

14 minutes ago, (PSN)Jason_V_Jade said:

If some believe that lichs are fine for newer players then open up steel path for new players, after all why should they have to wait for that end game content as well?

Because that's how it works.

Because that's the code DE deployed.

Because that's the way WF works.

What other answer do you think you will get?

DE added SP for a specific purpose, having nothing to do with teh general progression of players and everything to do with appeasing a vocal portion of teh player base.

Liches may well tick off players to the degree they choose not to play.

So what? Some people won't like to play the game for any number of reasons. These things happen.

It is not a matter of dismissing anything, it's just accepting that people like different things and no game can please all players.

45 minutes ago, (PSN)Jason_V_Jade said:

I have no desire to do steel path early and am enjoying taking my time, I don't believe steel path access should be changed, all I am getting at is the lich system is too early for new/ish players.

There are only a few reasons I can see why some would be against making it end game and that's getting their hands on some extremely over powered kuva weapons at very early levels meaning they just waint to speed through the game or unable to wait to get their hands on op weapons.

Otherwise I really don't see why some would be against moving it to end game.

Why is it 'too early'?

Players that don't like the system will not like the system, you said that yourself.

Why would changing when the system is available make those like something they don't like, just because it was now even harder to use?

IMO, you seem to say you just don't like other people going faster, TBH...

You don't have to stab the larva to get a lich if you feel your not rdy for it. Sadly rng is what it is. But farmining the requims isn't hard.

Yes the game could do a better job guiding newer players. But we have access to countless guides on the interwebs.

The game is really about grinding and collecting stuff.

On 2021-04-29 at 3:01 PM, Zimzala said:

Why is it 'too early'?

Players that don't like the system will not like the system, you said that yourself.

Why would changing when the system is available make those like something they don't like, just because it was now even harder to use?

IMO, you seem to say you just don't like other people going faster, TBH...

That's not it at all, if you read my earlier posts you would know that.

I am not going to rehash what I alread said so reread my comments, what I said in those I stand by them.

On 2021-04-30 at 11:02 PM, (PSN)Kakurine2 said:

You don't have to stab the larva to get a lich if you feel your not rdy for it. Sadly rng is what it is. But farmining the requims isn't hard.

Yes the game could do a better job guiding newer players. But we have access to countless guides on the interwebs.

The game is really about grinding and collecting stuff.

Remember we do have some new/ish players that stab them to see what happens because they was curious seeing as DE doesn't do any true explanation on what they do or how much of a headache they can be or extremely grindy they are.

If not making it end game then a short tutorial for it should be made with detailed information in it and a pop up box asking if they want to do it, that would eliminate any complaints as they would know full well what they was getting themselves into.

Archived