Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No! No more RNG within RNG within RNG within an unexplained surprise "mechanic"

Zorbiter

12 minutes ago, Zorbiter said:

Credits in this game aren't a problem, just do 1 lowest level Index mission and you'll triple the amount of credits you currently have. All of that is negligible once you've played for a while.

Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Credits in this game aren't a problem, just do 1 lowest level Index mission and you'll triple the amount of credits you currently have.

I know. Endo is not unimportant either. That's what I object to: This particular game feature interferes with everything else. There are a ton of things in WF that I don't enjoy, but I can just ignore it. Perhaps I will have to not have that shiny thing, if what it takes proves too obnoxious to me. That's perfectly fine with me.
My gripe is that the lich interferes way too much with other parts of the game, especially if you are as stupid as I am.
Yes I am a filthy casual. No I am not good at games. Which is why I like to solo; I don't like dragging others down, or spoiling their experience by being a complete 10-thumb.
I needed to vent. I was ridiculed for saying "Half of the loot" and now there is evidence that I exaggerated, but not by much.

I will stick to my promise not to create another topic.

Once again, I regret starting this topic, the way I did. I am not, however, convinced I am wrong in thinking the lich system needs a toggle option: "This is S#&$ and it's in my face"

22 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Try this method

• Farm useless Prime Parts from relics.
  • Sell them for plat to other players.
  • Buy the mods from other players.

Requiem mods are dirt cheap these days. They are priced around 5 platinum

Yeah, I agree with everything OP generally says about nested RNG being WF's biggest issue going forward...but 15p worth of mods you can only buy what you need of per litch is a weird hill to die on IMO.

31 minutes ago, Zorbiter said:

Really? That obviously makes me happy. How do I disable this specific feature?

I don't know if you are trolling now or it's the beer again, but like 3 diferent users pointed out that pressing X for a few secs in front of a rare enemy with a weapon above their head is the "opt out", since you just can ignore them and not making a lich if you don't want for any reason. But once activated, the only way to "opt out" from them is just killing or converting it, with all the grind (or trade) that is related to it. If you were playing all the hours spended here quoting people, you'll be done with it and probably you won't be frustrated anymore, but here we are.

1 hour ago, Zorbiter said:

I know. Endo is not unimportant either. That's what I object to: This particular game feature interferes with everything else. There are a ton of things in WF that I don't enjoy, but I can just ignore it. Perhaps I will have to not have that shiny thing, if what it takes proves too obnoxious to me. That's perfectly fine with me.
My gripe is that the lich interferes way too much with other parts of the game, especially if you are as stupid as I am.
Yes I am a filthy casual. No I am not good at games. Which is why I like to solo; I don't like dragging others down, or spoiling their experience by being a complete 10-thumb.
I needed to vent. I was ridiculed for saying "Half of the loot" and now there is evidence that I exaggerated, but not by much.

I will stick to my promise not to create another topic.

Once again, I regret starting this topic, the way I did. I am not, however, convinced I am wrong in thinking the lich system needs a toggle option: "This is S#&$ and it's in my face"

Man you seem fairly level headed without the beer lol. Look you are holding yourself back by playing solo but i can respect your choice. However if you want a clan so you have access to a dojo with full research, can go do some Railjack which showers you with endo(you'd make that back in 30 seconds) then let me know. I'm quite happy to send you an invite to one of our dojos, you can play solo there all you like and still enjoy the benefits of a fully built and researched dojo. That might at least give you more options to lessen your grind.

9 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Man you seem fairly level headed without the beer lol. Look you are holding yourself back by playing solo but i can respect your choice. However if you want a clan so you have access to a dojo with full research, can go do some Railjack which showers you with endo(you'd make that back in 30 seconds) then let me know. I'm quite happy to send you an invite to one of our dojos, you can play solo there all you like and still enjoy the benefits of a fully built and researched dojo. That might at least give you more options to lessen your grind.

Thanks! Thanks a lot!
Thanks for not discarding me as a complete moron, despite my frustrated antics. And thanks for the offer to join your clan. I can promise that I am not normally an aggressive asshat. Quite the contrary.

1 hour ago, vanaukas said:

I don't know if you are trolling now or it's the beer again, but like 3 diferent users pointed out that pressing X for a few secs in front of a rare enemy with a weapon above their head is the "opt out", since you just can ignore them and not making a lich if you don't want for any reason. But once activated, the only way to "opt out" from them is just killing or converting it, with all the grind (or trade) that is related to it. If you were playing all the hours spended here quoting people, you'll be done with it and probably you won't be frustrated anymore, but here we are.

I was semi trolling, I know that much of my frustration is self inflicted. My thought process at the moment was: "Press X? Well what's the worst that can happen?"
Then I continued to make really bad decisions, the ignoramus that I am, I have personally reached a point where it is not fun. I do not ever want to hear the voice of a lich again. I will gladly pay my way out of this corner I've painted myself into. I will, however, die defending my point that the lich system is really poor game design. Even with me being me.

12 minutes ago, Zorbiter said:

I was semi trolling, I know that much of my frustration is self inflicted. My thought process at the moment was: "Press X? Well what's the worst that can happen?"
Then I continued to make really bad decisions, the ignoramus that I am, I have personally reached a point where it is not fun. I do not ever want to hear the voice of a lich again. I will gladly pay my way out of this corner I've painted myself into. I will, however, die defending my point that the lich system is really poor game design. Even with me being me.

I don't believe it's poor designed, but definetely bad explained in game, sadly most content suffers this for the reasons I've already explained

1 minute ago, vanaukas said:

I don't believe it's poor designed, but definetely bad explained in game, sadly most content suffers this for the reasons I've already explained

If it interferes with other gameplay, without any obvious connection, it's not very well thought through. In my opinion.

19 minutes ago, Zorbiter said:

If it interferes with other gameplay, without any obvious connection, it's not very well thought through. In my opinion.

I think it doesn't interfere that much, just steals your stuff and gives you back when you defeat it, there are even some exceptions on what can take from you. You aren't really losing things, if you take your time patiently you'll be able to overcome this, but if you don't want to spend plat, I suggest you to farm REQUIEM relics doing siphons / floods. It's not the best case scenario but it's more reliable than jsut farming thralls (and of course, farm the thralls). Don't stab the lich if appears for combat since everytime you miss, grows stronger and the thralls too, the max level is 5 wich is something like lvl 100-120 IIRC.

3 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I think it doesn't interfere that much, just steals your stuff and gives you back when you defeat it, there are even some exceptions on what can take from you. You aren't really losing things, if you take your time patiently you'll be able to overcome this, but if you don't want to spend plat, I suggest you to farm REQUIEM relics doing siphons / floods. It's not the best case scenario but it's more reliable than jsut farming thralls (and of course, farm the thralls). Don't stab the lich if appears for combat since everytime you miss, grows stronger and the thralls too, the max level is 5 wich is something like lvl 100-120 IIRC.

Oh boy, have I farmed relics. I am aware that I have been rambling a lot. Sorry about that.
My main gripe with this lich kerfuffle is the exact babushka mechanic inherent in relics. If I could just kill it, it would have happened a long time ago, and this thread wouldn't have happened.

19 minutes ago, Zorbiter said:

Oh boy, have I farmed relics. I am aware that I have been rambling a lot. Sorry about that.
My main gripe with this lich kerfuffle is the exact babushka mechanic inherent in relics. If I could just kill it, it would have happened a long time ago, and this thread wouldn't have happened.

Well, it's just a matter of time then. Inspired by this thread I've just created a lich looking for the ephemeras I don't have, since I don't really care about the weapons, so we are on the same boat now

17 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Well, it's just a matter of time then. Inspired by this thread I've just created a lich looking for the ephemeras I don't have, since I don't really care about the weapons, so we are on the same boat now

Are you absolutely sure you want to do that?
Please don't gloat when you have killed the lich in 15 minutes.

4 minutes ago, Zorbiter said:

Are you absolutely sure you want to do that?
Please don't gloat when you have killed the lich in 15 minutes.

I've ehard peole here beat it in like 2 or 3 hours, that's insane for me, I think I'll have it a few days at least since I don't like to rush it at all

2 hours ago, vanaukas said:

I've ehard peole here beat it in like 2 or 3 hours, that's insane for me, I think I'll have it a few days at least since I don't like to rush it at all

I can teach you how to kill it faster if you want. Usually takes between 70 - 90 minutes or so.

6 hours ago, Zorbiter said:

Thanks! Thanks a lot!
Thanks for not discarding me as a complete moron, despite my frustrated antics. And thanks for the offer to join your clan. I can promise that I am not normally an aggressive asshat. Quite the contrary.

If you do wish to join, you'll have to leave the clan you're currently in. Then I can send an invite.

2 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I can teach you how to kill it faster if you want. Usually takes between 70 - 90 minutes or so.

I know how to cheese it but I dislike forcing me to rush some stuff, this is one of them. I just lile to take mt time doing different xontent and frankly I want to keep doing railjack most of the time, despite having everything from it.

As long as you don't do any of the Lich nodes it will not expand its influence to other planets. Mine has been on Neptune for about half a year. I'm collecting the mods and will then brute force her. Meaning I will do Lich missions and collect murmurs when killing Thralls at the same time (side effect) until she shows up and then kill the Thralls that she spawns and then stab her to test my mod order on the parazon. I don't think you need murmurs at all, it's just a bonus if you reveal a mod. Brute forcing is faster from what I've seen. It's a game of mastermind. There's 8 different mods, 3 are required. You stab her, you test the first mod and it will show if it's correct or not. It doesn't mean the mod is not 100% correct, but it will show it's at least not in the correct spot. At max you would spend 8*7*6 combinations, but the murmurs you collect on the way will reduce this.

This is all theoretical from what I understood on how it works. The wiki explanation sucks. I tried to change it, but a fascist mod kept removing it, thinking that his incoherent version was better.

• 2 weeks later...

I still have not seen a single Sevagoth System drop. It may be a conspiracy theory, but I kinda believe that DE is messing with drop rates on purpose and it's customized messing up as I have met other people who are in same boat but with different parts. 

And before some fanboy jumps in to defend this crabby mechanic, let them consider the number of hours I have farmed the buggy mission day after day looking to get that one elusive drop. (And aborting every 3rd run cuz of 1 bug or another.)

I have never seen a worse update in my own experience.

I'm out.
I just found out that the runes I thought were correct, were just... there. Placeholders. The lich system needs a serious rework, even if I am a bit slow. I just can't deal with bullS#&$ of that magnitude.
Many thanks to those who offered help!
See you in a couple of years.

21 minutes ago, Zorbiter said:

I'm out.
I just found out that the runes I thought were correct, were just... there. Placeholders. The lich system needs a serious rework, even if I am a bit slow. I just can't deal with bullS#&$ of that magnitude.
Many thanks to those who offered help!
See you in a couple of years.

If you're talking about the three that show on the lich screen which originally showed up as ∅, then they are correct.  You've got them in the wrong order.  That's why they keep switching around on that screen.  Change your loadout's order, and try again.  If you've revealed all 3, then it will take at most 4 more attempts.  You're pretty much as close as you can be to finished without actually being finished.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

If you're talking about the three that show on the lich screen which originally showed up as ∅, then they are correct.  You've got them in the wrong order.  That's why they keep switching around on that screen.  Change your loadout's order, and try again.  If you've revealed all 3, then it will take at most 4 more attempts.  You're pretty much as close as you can be to finished without actually being finished.

I feel the OPs frustration. I had a friend react the exact same way. Even after I played on their PS4 and killed the Lich for em. They uninstalled the game.

The Requiem system is downright frustrating for a large majority of players.

Folks on the forums forget that we on the forums are but a Sliver of the playerbase.

I'll give it to DE. Liches truly are the nemesis of the Tenno. Cause players HATE them...with a passion.

Downside is. Players hate the gameplay loop not the actual Liches. So...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Honestly they should just add the Requiem Mods to the Market for 5p each. They added Railjacks. I'd love to be able to stock up on mods without spending hrs waiting for someone to trade with.

I posted feedback to DE on improving the Requiem system. Hopefully, the Corpus liches see the system get overhauled into a gameplay loop that's actually "FUN"

The tl:dr of my idea was essentially:

Remove the Riven Sliver, Kuva, and Ayatan Star rewards. Make Tier 0 (Bronze) of a refined Requiem Relic a SINGLE Requiem Mod, Make Tier 2 (Silver) the other Requiem mod. Make Tier 3 (Gold) have a Weapon Exilus Adapter, Aura Forma.

Goal was simple.

Gives the mods a use for those who DON'T want to play the Lich system by giving them a goal (Forma/Adapter).

But for those particpating in the Lich system. It lessens the grind by making RNG somewhat more controllable. Removing the frustration factor the OP was having.

Due to my work hours and etc. I typically have to solo Requiem Relics. And I'll say it now. Opening 36 Relics and STILL not getting the Requiem you need is beyond blood boiling.

Thanks to this Liches I have over 300 Riven slivers.

If I could I'd love an option to be able to sacrifice 50 slivers to instantly kill a Lich (instead of 3 requiems you lose 5 rivens basically). Animation could be my warframe shoving the slivers up the Liches rectum. Lich then gets transmuted out of existence.

Archived