Jump to content

Railjack catastrophic FAILURE!


Recommended Posts

So I just attempted my first solo railjack mission. what an absolute WASTE OF TIME. I literally got NOTHING because I Failed.

Did I fail going in and blowing up the freighter? no.

Did I fail going into the crewship, getting lost because the waypoint markers wouldn't show me where to go? no.

Did I fail doing the mobile defence missions? no.

Did I fail doing the assasinate the commander? no.

Did I fail the Orphix venom, with the first orphix, because the nechramech that I could solo kill 15 orphix in a row during the operation was KILLED IN SECONDS and I couldn't re-summon before the entire mission failed? well, what do you know, YES. 

So much for DE's FLAT OUT LIES about making railjack easier for solo players. Having an UNENDING catastrophic failure alert because my ship is getting unrelentingly HAMMERED from wave after accumulating wave of enemies is rediculous.

This isn't fun. But really, I don't know why I expected DE to do anything except nerf my gear and make it harder.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Have you tried investing into the command intrinsics?

Straight to 9. Have 3 crew. It's the only way I was even able to disembark the jack. without them, the mission would have failed as soon as I left the ship.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well hmmm, I have solo'd RJ from the start.. there is no problem soloing any mission in any proxima atm even with an average built RJ .. but after re-reading I see you only failed on the Orphix mission.. so its actually not your RJ but your Nech builds yes?  This is understandable as the Orphix in its current state requires you to move fast and kill them quick.. but they are definately do-able solo.

34 minutes ago, (PSN)thorfinn01 said:

So much for DE's FLAT OUT LIES about making railjack easier for solo players. Having an UNENDING catastrophic failure alert because my ship is getting unrelentingly HAMMERED from wave after accumulating wave of enemies is rediculous.

I think this is a bit of a harsh overreaction as a lot of players are currently having no problems soloing .. maybe put your RJ and Nech builds up here ?  also are you sure you have some of your crew set to repair? When i leave my ship I sometimes set 2 crew as engineers but most times its a pilot (5) engineer (5) and gunner (5) they seem to do well looking after me boat ..

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Harsh? I don't think so, because:

No longer start with full armaments - nerfed and Harder. Tycho seeker now does less damage and can be fired less on available 'flux' - nerfed and Harder. Missions do not clear fighter escorts or crewships after completing required kills - Harder. There are more varied 'to do' things inside missions - Harder. The railjack can no longer sustain damage and without 'crew' would instantly fail - Nerfed and Harder. Enemy fighters able to take more hits - Nerfed and /or Harder. Hull breaches happen faster than they can be fixed - Harder.

Easier - IF you have crew, they can fix hull breaches. Until you do have crew - Harder.

If that list makes me calling DE liars for telling us they are making it easier for solo players, well, then Harsh I will be.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

As for mods -

Railjack - Aura, Ironclad matix - hyperstrike, Conic Nozzle, Forward Artillery, Overloader, Revo Reducer, Section Density, Artillery Cheap shot, Ordnance Cheap Shot - All Maxed.

Voidrig - Efficiency, Continuity, Hydraulics, Blitz, Streamline, Refuel, Redirection, Intensify, Flow, Vitality, Repair, and Augur - All maxed. (exact same build that I could solo 15 orphix in one mission during the operation.)

Edited by (PSN)thorfinn01
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (PSN)thorfinn01 said:

So much for DE's FLAT OUT LIES about making railjack easier for solo players. Having an UNENDING catastrophic failure alert because my ship is getting unrelentingly HAMMERED from wave after accumulating wave of enemies is rediculous.

Did you remember to assign your crewmembers to tasks? You should try making sure one crewmember is on "engineer" duty. This crewmember will repair all kinds of hazards including catastrophic failures.

I'm a PC player, so I played the corpus railjack before the Tempestarii update which brought the void storms. I found that I could leave my railjack totally stationary without a pilot as a sitting duck right in front of an armada of enemy ships and as long as a single crewmember was on engineer duty it would never die on any of the non void storm missions, even with the starter hull / shield. 

If you failed, it's probably because of the following combination: You parked your railjack in an extremely dangerous place, and you forgot to tell your crewmembers to repair the ship.

1 hour ago, (PSN)thorfinn01 said:

Did I fail the Orphix venom, with the first orphix, because the nechramech that I could solo kill 15 orphix in a row during the operation was KILLED IN SECONDS and I couldn't re-summon before the entire mission failed? well, what do you know, YES. 

No idea what's going on here. My voidrig has handled the new orphix missions totally fine in solo. Perhaps the update removed all your mods? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (PSN)thorfinn01 said:

Harsh? I don't think so, because:

No longer start with full armaments - nerfed and Harder. Tycho seeker now does less damage and can be fired less on available 'flux' - nerfed and Harder. Missions do not clear fighter escorts or crewships after completing required kills - Harder. There are more varied 'to do' things inside missions - Harder. The railjack can no longer sustain damage and without 'crew' would instantly fail - Nerfed and Harder. Enemy fighters able to take more hits - Nerfed and /or Harder. Hull breaches happen faster than they can be fixed - Harder.

Easier - IF you have crew, they can fix hull breaches. Until you do have crew - Harder.

If that list makes me calling DE liars for telling us they are making it easier for solo players, well, then Harsh I will be.

 

Well I was being polite saying a harsh over-reaction, but omg because you cant keep your RJ alive isnt DE's fault as soooo many other can .. as for the rest of this above its all crap  .. any armaments you had before were still there, Tycho seeker has always been a useless weapons compared to other weapons .. seriously nothing is harder and if this is your excuse to call DE liars, for your inability to build/mod/play RJ properly maybe just go with someone that knows what they are doing and learn from them.. cause I really dont think you understand Railjack .. but good luck complaining about nothing real.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Make up your mind. You're flip flopping between saying RJ is impossible to saying that the Orphix bit is impossible.

Also, check that you reassigned mods to your RJ and such since they were unequipped with one of the updates.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Try to understand that improving your skills, gathering the required equipment etc takes time, not only in the regular game, but in RJ as well. Taking your anger out on the DEvelopers while not making sure you do any of the aforementioned, and flat out making false claims against them, is very unbecoming.

Lets have some class at least.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...