Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we choose to be railjack hosts again please?

Kriegie

So yeah, topic title basically says it all.

My problem is not that I am "forced" to play a role other than pilot, in truth i enjoy being the guy that is constantly jumping in the slingshot to go do the secondary objectives more than i enjoy being a pilot.
My problem is however, that im forced to babysit a ship with 1k health and 800 shield in void storm missions where it basically goes down every time it takes damage and I'm not sure how many of you noticed, but in a LOT of the missions i join now with Railjack the host/pilot INSTANTLY abandons his post because he has NO idea what he is doing. (i actually approve of this, the player knows someone else can do his job better so he leaves it to them).

Here is the main issue though; lets say i take over from the pilot. No harm done right? Well, there is harm done.
Before the update dropped (tempestari) i spent a LOT of time maxxing my railjack, getting used to piloting and learning all the missions/which frames work best, I didnt know what the update was going to have but I knew it was going to be Railjack oriented so i prepared myself beforehand. I experimented with the different reactors/ability combos, the different shield/plating combos, the different engines and the different guns and their houses (for those of you who dont know, AI gunners have problems with leading their shots, so hitscan guns like the Zetki Talyn are amazing on them). I now have a ship with 11k hp and 3.8k shield (maxxed EHP and insane shield regen times is something i enjoy).

I practised at being a pilot, i learned how to use my abilities/guns in order to destroy large amounts of enemies and my friends have told me it shows. Here is the big issue.
If i am forced to replace a pilot, ALL the work i put into my own railjack, all the hours i spent upgrading and building and learning how to use MY ship is now lost/worthless. 
We all know how useless you feel when you bring an unmodded gun into lvl 40+ missions and when you shoot at them their health barely even moves and in railjack that feeling is even worse because you know there is nothing you or anyone else can do. Its simply NOT FUN.
All the time i put into making my ship viable for "late-game" is now time i wasted since i will never get a chance to actually be a pilot.

I understand that DE probably made the change due to amount of players queueing being low/people complaining about being alone. That is something pilots have to accept, if you want to be a pilot you have to accept that you may be playing alone. The big issue here is that there is no inbetween. You are either a pilot and alone or you are on someone elses ship. I would much rather be pilot and have a low chance of other players joining in than be 100% on my own with no chance of others joining.

A POSSIBLE SOLUTION: Keep the matchmaking as it is now, BUT ADD A THE OPTION TO BE A PILOT and fill in the pilots groups first BEFORE you start throwing people into random teams.
instead of ONLY having the option to be randomly selected to host and instead of ONLY having the option to join of there is a pilot, let us choose if we want to be a pilot or if we want to join someone elses crew.

The people who dont want to host/dont care about hosting (there are A LOT OF THEM) can just queue normally while those of us who want to use a strong ship/want to have fun as pilots can enter the pool specifically as pilots (hosts), even if we end up playing by ourselves because thats currently what it is. 
Im one of those players who like helping others, i dont want to be pilot because "Muh ship got good name/good looks/look at what i got" but because i know if an inexperienced player is FORCED to do something they dont like  (like constantly repairing a ship thats CONSTANTLY on the verge of death) they will not enjoy themselves. At the very least let them have fun when they shoot at stuff and those stuff actually die because i spent time on my guns.

1 hour ago, Hitmanx2x said:

So yeah, topic title basically says it all.

My problem is not that I am "forced" to play a role other than pilot, in truth i enjoy being the guy that is constantly jumping in the slingshot to go do the secondary objectives more than i enjoy being a pilot.
My problem is however, that im forced to babysit a ship with 1k health and 800 shield in void storm missions where it basically goes down every time it takes damage and I'm not sure how many of you noticed, but in a LOT of the missions i join now with Railjack the host/pilot INSTANTLY abandons his post because he has NO idea what he is doing. (i actually approve of this, the player knows someone else can do his job better so he leaves it to them).

Here is the main issue though; lets say i take over from the pilot. No harm done right? Well, there is harm done.
Before the update dropped (tempestari) i spent a LOT of time maxxing my railjack, getting used to piloting and learning all the missions/which frames work best, I didnt know what the update was going to have but I knew it was going to be Railjack oriented so i prepared myself beforehand. I experimented with the different reactors/ability combos, the different shield/plating combos, the different engines and the different guns and their houses (for those of you who dont know, AI gunners have problems with leading their shots, so hitscan guns like the Zetki Talyn are amazing on them). I now have a ship with 11k hp and 3.8k shield (maxxed EHP and insane shield regen times is something i enjoy).

I practised at being a pilot, i learned how to use my abilities/guns in order to destroy large amounts of enemies and my friends have told me it shows. Here is the big issue.
If i am forced to replace a pilot, ALL the work i put into my own railjack, all the hours i spent upgrading and building and learning how to use MY ship is now lost/worthless. 
We all know how useless you feel when you bring an unmodded gun into lvl 40+ missions and when you shoot at them their health barely even moves and in railjack that feeling is even worse because you know there is nothing you or anyone else can do. Its simply NOT FUN.
All the time i put into making my ship viable for "late-game" is now time i wasted since i will never get a chance to actually be a pilot.

I understand that DE probably made the change due to amount of players queueing being low/people complaining about being alone. That is something pilots have to accept, if you want to be a pilot you have to accept that you may be playing alone. The big issue here is that there is no inbetween. You are either a pilot and alone or you are on someone elses ship. I would much rather be pilot and have a low chance of other players joining in than be 100% on my own with no chance of others joining.

A POSSIBLE SOLUTION: Keep the matchmaking as it is now, BUT ADD A THE OPTION TO BE A PILOT and fill in the pilots groups first BEFORE you start throwing people into random teams.
instead of ONLY having the option to be randomly selected to host and instead of ONLY having the option to join of there is a pilot, let us choose if we want to be a pilot or if we want to join someone elses crew.

The people who dont want to host/dont care about hosting (there are A LOT OF THEM) can just queue normally while those of us who want to use a strong ship/want to have fun as pilots can enter the pool specifically as pilots (hosts), even if we end up playing by ourselves because thats currently what it is. 
Im one of those players who like helping others, i dont want to be pilot because "Muh ship got good name/good looks/look at what i got" but because i know if an inexperienced player is FORCED to do something they dont like  (like constantly repairing a ship thats CONSTANTLY on the verge of death) they will not enjoy themselves. At the very least let them have fun when they shoot at stuff and those stuff actually die because i spent time on my guns.

I also wish for option to choose am i host or not or at least are im flying my RJ or someone else

But since we only need +1 person in our squad to be host and fly our own RJ what is ur excuse?
Chat banned or no friends/clan mates?

We got means to bypass that problem so whats the real issue here? That we need to go little out of our way to avoid not being host?

23 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

I also wish for option to choose am i host or not or at least are im flying my RJ or someone else

But since we only need +1 person in our squad to be host and fly our own RJ what is ur excuse?

We got means to bypass that problem so whats the real issue here? That we need to go little out of our way to avoid not being host?

there is no need to be an ass and no, what if i dont have any friends who play this? the last friend i had who played this died irl. The other people ive met arent always online and dont always want to play railjack. 

I am not a selfish person who wants them to drop everything that they are doing just so they can help me get into a mission.

11 minutes ago, Hitmanx2x said:

there is no need to be an ass and no, what if i dont have any friends who play this? the last friend i had who played this died irl. The other people ive met arent always online and dont always want to play railjack. 

I am not a selfish person who wants them to drop everything that they are doing just so they can help me get into a mission.

Like WTF? I literally said im on ur side and well i am an ass just wasnt 1 to u

Im happy we got means to bypass it thats all i care about
I want to be host i go to recruit chat and spam "H RJ void storm" or "H Xthing farm on RJ" and thats all i find 1 interested person and that is end of my story

Learn to not give a F and find your way around problems thats only way to deal with what the throw at us since Hosting your own RJ wont happen anymore just by choice

53 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

Like WTF? I literally said im on ur side and well i am an ass just wasnt 1 to u

1 hour ago, ZeroX4 said:

pretty clear you insulted him here by putting your unasked opinion about his social status/behaviour forward

11 minutes ago, Crossfire78 said:

pretty clear you insulted him here by putting your unasked opinion about his social status/behaviour forward

1 hour ago, ZeroX4 said:

what is ur excuse?

Thx for your wrong unasked opinion about my question

This was something they talked about on the last devstream.

From what I recall part of the big reason for why this was changed was because of all the change regarding from where you can start a railjack mission now which forced them to change a lot of the code and in the process make so this is not an option now.

They are aware it is something we want and are looking into if its possible to get back, but Steve was being really careful with his word when he said they'd look at trying to get it back in.

My bet goes that Scott messed it up.

the way he was blocking everything last dev stream and his outright refusal to adress the issue nearly everyones takes on his plexus affinity decision shows me, that he has no idea how to fix it  and hence can't be bothered with it.

Steve beein as vague as possible here kinda strenghthens that theory :-/

46 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

Thx for your wrong unasked opinion about my question

I'am of the opinion, that you are unable to differentiate between an (transpoted) opinion and a fact.

You suggested that he has no friends or did someting bad to earn a chat ban but why linger on that?

Here let me fix that for you:

2 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

Chat banned or no friends/clan mates?, maybe you can ask the recruiting chat or your IG friends and clanmates to make up a small squad to ensure you are the host?

I'm doing solo missions for now. I spent a lot of time and resources building my RJ and maxing out all stats for parts ever since the initial introduction, so I want to use it. I want my RJ's weapons, Ordinance, stats, and visual appearance, not someone else's. 

Worst of all, when thrown into a random crew you can't choose your Plexus loadout (A/B/C), so I am using pilot (Captain)-oriented mods that serve no purpose as a gunman or engineer when thrown into another group. I really dislike that. 

Once the Command crew are programmed to target external radiators I'll play in solo mode forever.

42 minutes ago, Crossfire78 said:

Here let me fix that for you:

Im very thankful you want to lecture me how i should express myself but since u dont take responsibility for my words let me decide how i do it
Yet i know what i meant u just assume so assume that you tying to sound smart wont make u smart

And if u care to argue let me explain since seems u got problem with understanding simple things

Your modification of my reply assumes he is to stupid to think he could ask someone for to join his squad so he can be host all the time
I asked what is his excuse and provided him 2 options while leaving him space to add possibly different excuse

But u failed to understand something as simple as that and if u cant understand difference between that 2 facts what else to expect from u?
Well nothing productive hence no reason no to add u to ignore list

Have fun and GL

22 minutes ago, Crossfire78 said:

My bet goes that Scott messed it up.

the way he was blocking everything last dev stream and his outright refusal to adress the issue nearly everyones takes on his plexus affinity decision shows me, that he has no idea how to fix it  and hence can't be bothered with it.

Steve beein as vague as possible here kinda strenghthens that theory :-/

of course dude, everything bsd in warframe is scott fault

He is the ral villian!!!!!1

Keep those "theories" in your "brain", please

3 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

of course dude, everything bsd in warframe is scott fault

He is the ral villian!!!!!1

Keep those "theories" in your "brain", please

No just the Plexus and RJ host situation but appears thats the whole game for you ;-)

Just now, Crossfire78 said:

No just the Plexus and RJ host situation but appears thats the whole game for you ;-)

You don't even know how teamwork on coding works, it's kinda evident. A decision regardless design =/= Just one person fault with coding. Plexus affinity is fine as it is, since you don't need to sit as a pilot to level up, otherwise I wouldn't being able to level up 4 times my plexus with aura forma and 3 more for regular slots. 

2 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

You don't even know how teamwork on coding works, it's kinda evident. A decision regardless design =/= Just one person fault with coding. Plexus affinity is fine as it is, since you don't need to sit as a pilot to level up, otherwise I wouldn't being able to level up 4 times my plexus with aura forma and 3 more for regular slots. 

you are right, Scott is not the (sole) one who's coding these elements together.

But he's the project manager of sorts and has therefore the responsibility.

Also you are right again, there are lots of other ways to rank yourself, your weapons and your companions, yet it was possible before 29.10 to rank them during jack missions and that relatively efficient.

Now everyone expet the pilot/gunner gets to enjoy the shared affinity to the fullest while the pilot gets.... nothing.

Oh and while i'm at it, that counts for everyone who pilots the jack, not just the owner.

How's that working when your plexus is linked to your Jack?

12 minutes ago, Crossfire78 said:

you are right, Scott is not the (sole) one who's coding these elements together.

But he's the project manager of sorts and has therefore the responsibility.

Also you are right again, there are lots of other ways to rank yourself, your weapons and your companions, yet it was possible before 29.10 to rank them during jack missions and that relatively efficient.

Now everyone expet the pilot/gunner gets to enjoy the shared affinity to the fullest while the pilot gets.... nothing.

Oh and while i'm at it, that counts for everyone who pilots the jack, not just the owner.

How's that working when your plexus is linked to your Jack?

It's not linked to the RJ itself, I was getting exp while piloting, in the secondary objectives, inside crewships, on foot, in orphix. I don't understand what are you talking about.

https://trello.com/c/U994GFtG/123-plexus-affinity-players-have-noticed-that-since-the-plexus-has-entered-the-affinity-equation-when-piloting-or-gunning-there-is-a

But yeah i take the Plexus linked to the jack back, its linked to each individual player:

The Plexus is personal to the user, this allows each individual in a squad to have different configurations and abilities that will only apply to themselves. For example, Mod TT 20px.pngHyperstrike only affects the user's own turret damage and not the rest of the squad's.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Plexus

Archived