Void Storm will be never played after drop the needed part - please change

Sometimes de show in devstream some data of "what people do". Is not a surprise that the most played relic are Exterminate and Capture, followed by an average of "endless mission" and for last we find the long, unrewarding mission (mob def).

So... why people should play the new railjack void relic (more or less 15/20 minute) to open a single relic? Do you really think that the player, after have finish farm what they need, will play again that content? In fact, this start as a dead content. 

But i'm not writing this as a complain, i want to give an idea of "what should be", and this is easy. The map should be just like the old Gian Point: kill X number of Fighter, kill X number of Crewship and no more. No secondary, tertiary and quaternary UNREWARDING objective, no "waiting for other player" 2 times in a mission, no "do a mission, then a long submission and then you can go". Just go in space, kill enemies and go back. Since the time for a complete mission will be more or less like the one of a played relic, maybe this will not make the mode dead.

Reactant without enemies? No problem: the lore is very easy to adapt... in the space void storm are really powerful, now you just need 1 to open relic (since in the old Gian Point spawned really low land unit)

• Like 6

It's almost like they should've gone with the original idea of being able to open multiple Relics per person in one round of Void Storms...Ya' know, BECAUSE YOU'RE COMING DIRECTLY INTO CONTACT WITH THE VOID ON A GRANDER SCALE UNLIKE IN VOID FISSURE MISSIONS!

But common sense isn't applicable where it should be, as unfortunate as that is.

• Like 7

What, you mean DE have added another 'content island' into the game where we go there, grab the stuff we want and then never bother with it again..... well I am shocked....

It's part of the reason many of us stopped bothering with open worlds and part of the reason many of stopped bothering with the old railjack.....

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 2

Agreed, the majority of the playerbase will simply ignore Void storms for relic cracking once they've gotten their Sevagoth parts. I hope DE eventually allow us to crack multiple relics per Void storm.

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

What, you mean DE have added another 'content island' into the game where we go there, grab the stuff we want and then never bother with it again..... well I am shocked....

What game exactly doesn't have "content islands"? When I played Everquest, for example, every new expansion had separate tasks and goals than the previous one. They rarely overlapped.

It's the same with RNG. Would you people relax, this is all regular MMO stuff, it's not specific to Warframe.

Honestly, I was doing some void storms just now and as long as the missions lasted, they were enjoyable. It almost felt like... endgame. Because it takes more time and you are constantly moving, and you have to think about your gear a tad more carefully. It feels like they buffed the mobs, as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kamachi said:

I hope DE eventually allow us to crack multiple relics per Void storm.

Cant see that happening if I'm honest, not in the way we'd want at least....

The only one who was even partly receptive to the idea was Scott and it sounded like he wanted it to be so that we could unlock multiple relics but we could only pick one item from ALL of them, meaning we burn through the relics faster but we don't get as many rewards, and well the only people that would benefit would be DE in that we'd have less stuff to sell for plat and as such would 'encourage' more purchases of plat.

Just now, SpicyDinosaur said:

What game exactly doesn't have "content islands"? When I played Everquest, for example, every new expansion had separate tasks and goals than the previous one. They rarely overlapped.

The lack of overlap is fine but to have 'content islands' where you can 'finish' them is the problem, if DE wants things to be 'long life' they need to stop making it so these new bits can be finished, even something as simple as mixing up the rewards from time to time could fix this...

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 1

Just now, LSG501 said:

The only one who was even partly receptive to the idea was Scott and it sounded like he wanted it to be so that we could unlock multiple relics but we could only pick one item from ALL of them, meaning we burn through the relics faster but we don't get as many rewards, and well the only people that would benefit would be DE in that we'd have less stuff to sell for plat and as such would 'encourage' more purchases of plat.

Indeed. It's entirely up to them what they choose to do or not do but if they aren't willing to make it worth the players time then it'll simply be another dead area of the game.

Scott's reaction to being asked about opening multiple relics at once was very strange to me last devstream. Surely he can just calculate how many relics per any given timeframe we can already do with normal fissures and adjust void storms from there, right?

• Like 1

1 час назад, Kamachi сказал:

Agreed, the majority of the playerbase will simply ignore Void storms for relic cracking once they've gotten their Sevagoth parts. I hope DE eventually allow us to crack multiple relics per Void storm.

Now imagine you don't even want this new warframe. There's no reason to play space taxi

• Like 4

1 hour ago, (PSN)IndianChiefJeff said:

It's almost like they should've gone with the original idea of being able to open multiple Relics per person in one round of Void Storms...Ya' know, BECAUSE YOU'RE COMING DIRECTLY INTO CONTACT WITH THE VOID ON A GRANDER SCALE UNLIKE IN VOID FISSURE MISSIONS!

But common sense isn't applicable where it should be, as unfortunate as that is.

That wasnt the original idea. They said on the Devstream that wouldnt be likely as it ties directly into the games main monitisation.

6 hours ago, LSG501 said:

The lack of overlap is fine but to have 'content islands' where you can 'finish' them is the problem, if DE wants things to be 'long life' they need to stop making it so these new bits can be finished, even something as simple as mixing up the rewards from time to time could fix this...

How do you propose making content that can't be "finished"? What does that even look like? 

5 hours ago, chaotea said:

That wasnt the original idea. They said on the Devstream that wouldnt be likely as it ties directly into the games main monitisation.

Then there'll be no real reason to run Void Storms over Void Fissures once you've acquired every unique item from the Void Storm missions. Let me repeat myself; once you get Sevagoth (x2) & Epitaph, there's no other incentive to run these missions over Void Fissure missions, henceforth rendering Void Storm missions irrelevant.

Believe it or not, this doesn't have to be dead content, so long as DE chooses to rectify the issue by making Void Storm missions more rewarding. DE's monetization is hardly an issue due to the likes of Prime Access, the Riven market, Deluxe bundles, TennoGen & so much more, they also have Tencent backing them, meaning that they aren't strapped for cash.

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

How do you propose making content that can't be "finished"? What does that even look like? 

clearly you didn't read the whole post before replying....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

No, I just don't agree with your suggestion. Shocking, I know.

Well maybe you should have said that instead of your previous post..... I can't mind read.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Well, you need to learn! I mean seriously, imagine not having ESP in this day and age?

Unfortunately my upgrade got delayed... got to wait till the current day to day life is back to normal.

• Like 1

True, I managed to farm all the sevagoth and Epitaph parts last night, running extermination corpus storms. And likely won't return to them unless I feel like a chance from regular relic runs for the lulz.

Voidstorms

Solo I managed these in minimum of 3m48s but on average about 4m30s.  In a team this went to 5m30s-8+minutes. And with a good team and pilot that knew what they were doing back down to 4m30s. 

As much as I enjoyed the change, I can see the storms being an island only visited when people need these items or more are added.

Even doing my normal speedruns in the veil still took 6m-8minutes. And I'm running a maxed RJ

Just like to add my own experience in here:

I agree that these missions are destined to be abandoned.

I played a few of them obviously trying to get the weapon parts, but still wanting the relic rewards, but no void enemies spawned on the only ground objective and the rest of my crew just blasted all the crew ships before any reactant could be collected. Afterwards explicitly stating that they don't care that they caused us to loose out on the relic reward and that their only goal was to obtain the weapon components.

So, yes, these are not set up in such a way that players seem interested in playing them for their relic cracking abilities. 

In general what's the point of reactant in RJ, though. It was an AFK deterrent in normal missions, but with shared drops there is no reason for them to still exist.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, (PSN)IndianChiefJeff said:

so long as DE chooses to rectify the issue by making Void Storm missions more rewarding. DE's monetization is hardly an issue due to the likes of Prime Access, the Riven market, Deluxe bundles, TennoGen & so much more, they also have Tencent backing them, meaning that they aren't strapped for cash.

Easiest thing to do would be to crack two relics per player, and you get to keep two rewards per rotation.

1 hour ago, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

Easiest thing to do would be to crack two relics per player, and you get to keep two rewards per rotation.

2 plus any and all relics you get during the mission at least. I could complete 2 capture mission fissures in 1/3 of the time I can finish some of these railjack missions.

okay so when I've heard it suggested before, cracking multiple relics has always been a larger number than two, but two seems reasonable to me.

The problem I would have is... how does DE implement this? When you choose a relic you are timed so people can't just sit in that screen. How do you think it could be implemented without people having to rush desperately to pick their two relics in an endless mission?

I'll be honest, Void storms are awesome looking. But I will stick to captures if there's any.
When you're farming ducats you want to maximize the output with the shortest time investment possible. I love Railjack, but even if they made it baby-proof compared to alpha (wich is good), it's not going to be something people will look up to.

The one-time get items(nautilus,epitaph) are making me turn my nose up in disgust, the time and awareness cost is greater than a normal capture. I wholeheartedly agree with the idea of cracking multiple relics per mission, and,to add my own, I'm shocked they didn't use the void-ripples that damage you as a reactanct spawn. I would've put them to drop reactact if broken before they explode.  Why? because relying on enemy spawn, like in defence or volatile, ends up failing to spawn enough void oranges.

3 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

The problem I would have is... how does DE implement this? 

First, that's not up to us to decide. We're not DE, it's not up to us in the end to set the core design. Best we can do is say what we want.
Second, there could be multiple rows, with either increased timer (of course, limiting relics per player), or rework completely the Relic reward system. Back in the days it was "one relic, as many rewards as you can get", now it is limited, making the grind twice the burden, instead of easing it. Not to mention having to wait for the right mission, some folk get sick at the idea of defence or interception.