Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I am once again begging for changes Dojo (de)construction.

(PSN)N7_Dredgen

Please DE,

As a clan leader of a solo clan, all I want is to be able to mow down my entire Dojo in one straight shot.  I have spent the last 2 days turning Warframe on every 2 hours exact, on a timer on my phone, to be able to destroy my dojo one room at a time.  This is brutal.  

I understand this 2 hour window was maybe to prevent vandals in other clans from taking out a whole dojo - but I thought of a way to deal with that too.  Keep the 2 hour timer.  Give the clan Founder the ability to rush it at any time.  Make it a toggle setting like all the others "Can Rush Demolition?" that can be given out in ranks.

This is all you need to do to alleviate ages of frustration.

I can't begin to tell you how daunting it was to work myself up to work my dojo around, I knew I was in for a week's long task.  I've spent years hoping this was such a glaring issue that one of the devs would have recognized it by now and fixed it, but alas from 2013 to 2021, I still have the same issue.   100s of other complaint threads over time.  

Please help us DE, you are our only hope.  

Dude I feel you. I'm a big dojo designer. I design rooms every other day and there is a ton of complaints for dojo construction.  The founder should have some sort of toggle ability for sure . I should be able to rush to destroy a room and I would also like the bug fixed where you grab a object and it flies the hell away when I go to move it. And another small but annoying thing is the I ability to place objects closer to the door . DE help the tenno  who spend hours a day working on designs just to have them fly into oblivion please. Last but not least people will spend more time in a more active dojo and I'm not talking clan members, the only objects to Interact with is the trade post or contribution post. Additional objects like allow me to put down my own kneeling post like they have at the observation room. I honor the other clan members when they rank up and it would feel memorable if the warlords could kneel . Aquariums for the fish caught would be amazing. Sorry if went off ranting but Interaction with objects give more of a personal experience to a member of the dojo. Right now it's just a pla e to trade. I mean make an area where I can put a foundry so I dont have to leave my ship all the time. 

Just now, Zoero said:

Like everything in this game, it's an absolute outdated mess. Are we surprised at this point? Sucks I'm in too deep to quit

Oh I'm not surprised... just a couple more months until I post my yearly "Trophy Room statue still can't be changed 7 years after saying it would be changeable" thread.  

The Dojo is probably the most severely neglected component in this game besides Conclave.  It's nice they're been dumping alot of decorations and stuff in lately, but until the fundamental basics are fixed, it's just a hobbled Frankenstein of an idea. 

Just now, (PSN)N7_Dredgen said:

Oh I'm not surprised... just a couple more months until I post my yearly "Trophy Room statue still can't be changed 7 years after saying it would be changeable" thread.  

The Dojo is probably the most severely neglected component in this game besides Conclave.  It's nice they're been dumping alot of decorations and stuff in lately, but until the fundamental basics are fixed, it's just a hobbled Frankenstein of an idea. 

Yeah. Dojos are a joke. Decorating is a pain in the neck as well. I don't understand why they don't incorporate new elements that make it easier to place/move. Like, look at decorating in no man's sky. it's infinitely better than WF. And I do mean infinitely. There is no object blocking, there is wall snapping. you name it.

Also, they promised NPCs on dojos and I am waiting for this, no news. Fund all decorations should be a MUST at this point, I recently did an open room which has 1600 capacity, considering most decos have a drain of 1-3 let's assume there's 800-1000 decorations in that room. Going 1 by 1 after I was done, funding it all, it can drive you insane. Takes the fun away HARD. that should never be the goal of ANY game.

DE has lost their magic, idk that's just how I see it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-04-14 at 11:37 AM, MollAgdeduba said:

Demolish a room is just the top of an iceberg.

We need setting for:

- remove all deco in a room

- contribute all deco in a room

- MOVE THE ROOM (yes we really need the ability to move room instead of destroy and build again)

I completely agree with you. Things like moving an entire room would be incredibly useful. As everyone here has been saying, Dojo decoration is painful, I myself am aware of that after being an architect for a clan. Unfortunately, I recently found out that another member of that clan erased my entire work. I don't know how you people handle this, but I definitely quit after that. All my work gone because a douchebag decided to destroy everything related to me after I was inactive for personal reasons. Now I see why people tend to create their on clans and dojos in order to avoid situations like these. If I have to deal not only with a poor building design, but also with people destroying what I do, then I have no choice but to quit. Respect for all of you who continue designing dojos these days, though.

On 2021-04-14 at 6:37 PM, MollAgdeduba said:

Demolish a room is just the top of an iceberg.

We need setting for:

- remove all deco in a room

- contribute all deco in a room

- MOVE THE ROOM (yes we really need the ability to move room instead of destroy and build again)

Yeah especially the move room option. Clan I'm in with my friends was already partially built before I joined and over time we just kept expanding however early on we made a layout mistake due to which it doesn't look symetrical. So in order to fix that I would have to destroy the 2 floors above which is just out of question considering how much was built and decorated there.

A Dojo construction overhaul I've wanted for years:

What you said - A quick way to deconstruct (even linked) rooms. There are so many layers of waiting in Dojo building that make the process about as fluid as a rock at room temperature.

Blueprints system - Click and drag rooms in a 3D blueprint system without having to build them first. This way you can properly plan the Dojo and see how it would look finished.  To top it off: "Preview Dojo construction" -> The to-be Dojo is displayed à la Holodeck and you can run around in person. From birds eye view to ground view. This concept is probably familiar if you've ever used the Warframe Dojo Planner (or any sort of a map editor). And when you're finally done planning, you can just fund the construction via the blueprint system, or do it the traditional way, room by room.

Revised build requirements - Combining the energy, space and room requirements with the one-room-at-a-time construction can make Dojo building feel like a 4D Rubik's cube. "First place that, then build that, then... oh there's not enough resource X, let's rewind." This of course doesn't happen real-time but with day-long construction timers. Instead the requirements could be for powering/enabling functions for the rooms, not building them. While more creative solutions to this problem must exist, being able to add the required rooms later on would bring a touch more fluidity to the builds. I'm not entirely for removing the requirements altogether as the generators add a touch of flavour to the Dojos.

The outside - This is more of a cherry on top / mere wish type, but having visible, customizable exteriors similar to landing crafts and railjacks would be neat and move Dojos a touch beyond the ant-maze corridors. And someone more clever than I could figure out a proper way to see them.

There are bigger QoL issues for dojo's I think. removing rooms and re-structuring is pretty rare, so while its very annoying to deal with its unlikely to be something you will do even one time in a given year.

It would be great if there was just more flexibility to room layouts and organizing. the big one would be the ability to move rooms, or save fully decorated rooms to be placed later. anything like that were a room isnt so locked down.

Hi! Dojo QoL changes and improvements are actively happening, I don't get why people think they've stopped, Helen tries to keep everyone as up to date as she can, commenting on the most recent one is probably to the best way to get your feedback seen. You guys are hardly alone in your frustrations, so if you have constructive feedback that isn't just "haha bad" you should definitely look into commenting on the threads.

Archived