Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Railjack accessable to solo players

TheStewcooker

Like the title says. I got super excited when I heard the PC update changed Railjack to be accessable from a relay, but i spent hours today chasing dead ends only to find out I still have to be in a clan to play this cool and exciting new content. So I whored myself out in recruiting and now have to wait to build a clan key. My question is: Why? Why make it so I can run railjack from a relay if I still have to join a clan to access it? I was able to get archwing solo, why not railjack? You've made it so we can have AI crewmates, why do I have to subject myself to a clan in order to start the quest? 

And for the people who are inevetably going to pop in and tell me what it is i'm doing wrong, I:

(1) Completed Second Dream

(2) Own an Archwing

(3) Have access to the pluto relay

(4) Have tried every dang panel in the drydock, but cannot interact with any of them

Anyway, hopefully this gets some traction so the Solo players get to join in the fun.

I have a clan just for me and made my RJ when they first came out, it wasn't hard then and is much easier now. I recommend you create a clan for you alone, there are bp that can only be obtained through research in the dojo and building and researching stuff is one of the reasons I've stuck with the game during content droughts.

8 minutes ago, Thanatos_13 said:

I have a clan just for me and made my RJ when they first came out, it wasn't hard then and is much easier now. I recommend you create a clan for you alone, there are bp that can only be obtained through research in the dojo and building and researching stuff is one of the reasons I've stuck with the game during content droughts.

That's fair, but I don't play super often. As it is, I'm gonna struggle to ever get the 120,000 Alloy Plat required to build the stupid Kavat Incubator lol, so I doubt I'd be able to build up a dojo to do all that without buy a boatload of formas for plat.

1 minute ago, Genitive said:

And the codex?

The quest is not selectable for me. It says I need the cephalon blueprint from the market but cannot find it either. Honestly how did you get the railjack? It seems like nobody is doing it the way I am haha

3 minutes ago, TheStewcooker said:

The quest is not selectable for me. It says I need the cephalon blueprint from the market but cannot find it either. Honestly how did you get the railjack? It seems like nobody is doing it the way I am haha

Aaah, because you need the Cephalon Cy research to start it, now I remember.

2 hours ago, TheStewcooker said:

And for the people who are inevetably going to pop in and tell me what it is i'm doing wrong, I:

Here's what you did wrong , you could have build your own clan , its not hard nore its very resource intense , the only thing that may bother you is wait times for building and researching . And there's plenty of guides on how to build budget dojo .

If you have your own clan you will never have to fear of being kicked out from being inactive .

Edit : I toked some of my time to assemble layout and information on how to build budget dojo below you will find all information you need in spoilers tab .

Spoiler

Budget dojo layout PNG

1bb41ca6b73fcff773ca8df144588c98850.png

Total room count 14 , main hall doesn't count as it comes pre build . Start of with building cross connector so you can then attach the two reactors , they will provide with all energy you will need for the rest of rooms . 

Once you finished building your own dojo you still will have some room for expansions in future as dry dock has two open wings for construction . I also recommend not increasing clans tier as it will also increase build , research and decoration costs .

The resource cost not counting clan key and research costs ( for ghost clan tier )

Credits - 209.000
                                                                                                         Salvage - 32.950
                                                                                                         Ferrite - 2.200 
                                                                                                         Circuits - 3.650
                                                                                                         Alloy plates - 8.800
                                                                                                         Polymer bundles - 2.100
                                                                                                         Hexanon - 250
                                                                                                         Tellurium - 15
                                                                                                         Orokin cells - 25
                                                                                                         Nano Spores - 4.800
                                                                                                         Forma - 14

Total build time ( provided you have all the forma needed ) - ~ 6 days

2 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

Here's what you did wrong , you could have build your own clan , its not hard nore its very resource intense , the only thing that may bother you is wait times for building and researching . And there's plenty of guides on how to build budget dojo .

If you have your own clan you will never have to fear of being kicked out from being inactive .

Edit : I toked some of my time to assemble layout and information on how to build budget dojo below you will find all information you need in spoilers tab .

Hide contents

Budget dojo layout PNG

1bb41ca6b73fcff773ca8df144588c98850.png

Total room count 14 , main hall doesn't count as it comes pre build . Start of with building cross connector so you can then attach the two reactors , they will provide with all energy you will need for the rest of rooms . 

Once you finished building your own dojo you still will have some room for expansions in future as dry dock has two open wings for construction . I also recommend not increasing clans tier as it will also increase build , research and decoration costs .

The resource cost not counting clan key and research costs ( for ghost clan tier )

Credits - 209.000
                                                                                                         Salvage - 32.950
                                                                                                         Ferrite - 2.200 
                                                                                                         Circuits - 3.650
                                                                                                         Alloy plates - 8.800
                                                                                                         Polymer bundles - 2.100
                                                                                                         Hexanon - 250
                                                                                                         Tellurium - 15
                                                                                                         Orokin cells - 25
                                                                                                         Nano Spores - 4.800
                                                                                                         Forma - 14

Total build time ( provided you have all the forma needed ) - ~ 6 days

I appreciate you taking the time to do all this, but it kinda drives my point home. 14 Formas? I have 3 forma blueprints lmao. I don't play this game much, maybe a couple hours a week, and if the "Best case scenario" is 14 Formas and 6 days of build time (might as well double that for building all the formas) IF i can remember to log in every 24 hours to catch all my builds just as they are finishing...then forget it lol. Maybe I'll work towards it, some day, but it looks like the only solution for hopping into railjack is joining a clan. IMO if building a dojo is so crucial to endgame content then maybe it shouldn't be so time consuming or maybe DE should introduce a solo base thats all the content of a dojo but in one room or something so that solo players don't have to spend their whole time grinding for resources, just for something that they wont need as soon as they finish the Rising Tide quest. 

31 minutes ago, TheStewcooker said:

I appreciate you taking the time to do all this, but it kinda drives my point home. 14 Formas?

That's the nature of the game, unfortunately. Forma, Catalysts, Reactors - all of those are ostensibly Cash Shop items. Sure, you can also earn them in various ways, but the game's design intent is for you to buy at least some amount of them. Then again, that's easy for me to say buying all my Plat on 75% off. I'm told that's not an option on Console. A Solo Dojo is absolutely doable, though, and you're probably going to want one for the labs, as well. A LOT of Warframe's gear is locked behind Dojo research. I built my own Dojo pretty much myself, though a friend of mine carried the majority of the research. We're a dojo with like 1.5 active players.

Warframe is a game of "investment." Most of its content is horribly grindy the first time around, but becomes excessively cheap once you pay the price of entry. The Dojo is one of those. Once you build it up, you have very little extra cost.

1 hour ago, TheStewcooker said:

IMO if building a dojo is so crucial to endgame content then maybe it shouldn't be so time consuming or maybe DE should introduce a solo base thats all the content of a dojo but in one room or something so that solo players don't have to spend their whole time grinding for resources, just for something that they wont need as soon as they finish the Rising Tide quest. 

That would beat the purpose of building clan but I do agree quest could be moved outside of clan .

1 hour ago, TheStewcooker said:

I appreciate you taking the time to do all this, but it kinda drives my point home. 14 Formas? I have 3 forma blueprints lmao. I don't play this game much, maybe a couple hours a week, and if the "Best case scenario" is 14 Formas and 6 days of build time (might as well double that for building all the formas) IF i can remember to log in every 24 hours to catch all my builds just as they are finishing...then forget it lol. 

I just realized , you can skip everything and just build power plant and dry dock ( dry dock will need power plant ) and nothing more .

Would two forma be affordable to you ?

Eddit - typos 

edit: I'll leave what I wrote because below I deserve to look like a fool, but I'll leave most of it in italics so my apology makes sense if anyone reads it.

I apologizse for posting that below, I was very, very wrong and I hope it hadn't left a negative impression on anyone looking to enter the this game mode solo. It's entirely do-able now from what I can tell, I've managed to begin scraping resources together (like the Gallos Rods and Iso Thingamajigs) I could never obtain in order to upgrade the Railjack. Haven't ranked up yet, but done a few missions. It was great fun! I was being rather petulant because I'd sort of felt locked out of a large part of the game for a long time because of the way I play. I like to be able to do things solo in the game mainly to prove I understand the abilities first, I never used to learn much dropping in squads at times early on. Too hectic and you didn't know exactly what you were contributing. Once you know what you're doing when you do play in a squad the experience is better. 

So cheers for any update that has allowed solo players to get into Railjack. I don't feel like going solo in building the Dojo and the Dry Dock was a waste of time afterall! Seems quite viable to do so now. No Limbo/Amesha cheese!

Hi, I've had my solo Dojo/Railjack built for some months now (Dojo longer), so just a heads up before you begin your journey perhaps. I've looked in 'alternative ways' of farming solo for this gamemode and that there may be some out there, but it's pretty clear that they want you to play this in squads. It's always been that way. Maybe I need to check again, but isn't it essentially set up to be impossible to solo farm materials for upgrades once you have built your Dry Dock and the Railjack itself. I have all MK research and dependencies funded sitting there waiting, including each Tellurium required, but cannot continue further. In solo play (this would mean not jumping in on others RJ missions to obtain said resources), unless you go to the market and spend, or farm the materials the 'alternative way', you will get almost inevitably be overcome and more often than not the mission will fail and you'll lose any bonuses and rewards. Regardless of player workarounds, that's how it's set up and structured to me.

i.e it's not letting me put my foot in the door in order to gather gated off resources to play Railjack solo according to game design. Even the initial nodes. This is intentional I feel.

Shame, the feeling isn't really mutual (although it's becoming quite reciprocal), but there you go. I expected to be with it another year or two maybe.

Edit: A solo Dojo is nice, I decided to build one since I'd knew I'd be in for a long haul game, but I don't think they are supposed to function that way (seem obv when building), if you want to engage with (well, look at) what content the game has to offer in a couple of months turnaround to max MR and 'complete the game' (which seems to be the expected way of late) you'd have to join an established Dojo. If I had a couple of forma spare (I've never have around more than 3 at a time) I'd build a room that day or something. Took about a month maybe. Though, aye, I don't think it is meant to work like that perhaps. 

Also, decorating is pretty fun if you can manage to overcome the editor. You can turn off all the lights and fill every room with cosmic dust, fog and lightning or farm for colour pigments and light them from one of a meager selection they have you grind for (really they're just therapy rooms for playing the game  I think). Although, one of the boons is not suffering a virtual Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen like me.

THANKS, SCOTT! For letting us play with your toys! 

7 hours ago, TheStewcooker said:

Yes I have. Cannot select Rising Tide. 

Change the title, because a great portion of "solo players" have their own dojo (including me), that's why most people gives you the advice to build your own or join one.

Your problem it's a bug, since DE clearly said that dojos aren't mandatory anymore for players that doesn't have a dojo (personal or in already created one by another player).

So, go here: 

Read the first post, try to explain your issue clearly and objective as possible (leave jokes or opinions to other threads) and if you can, attach some images (you need to upload them somewhere like imgur.com). You are "soft locked" in the quest right now.

Archived