Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need Corpus Railjack Skirmish!

(PSN)GingyGreen

Just because people hated how Grineer was all Skirmishes doesn't mean we don't want ANY skirmish missions for the Corpus!

They have cool designed ships, but you only see them for a brief while before you enter a building bandvthe Railjack literally ceases to exist as you play a generic Defense or Exterminate mission.

If I crew my ship full of customized crewmembers, upgrade my ship and it's guns, I'd WANT to make use of them, no?

No juggling back and forth to keep the ship protected. No integration of Railjack and basic game mode.

I'm okay with how it is right now, but I wouldn't mind if they shuffled the mission types at some point. Especially once the current missions start to get stale.

I like that we are all 'forced' to go into a standard mission in some mission types, and I like that you know going in which mission you are signing up for. It was annoying in scarlet spear to get stuck with guarding the ship, and its nice to not get left out sometimes. Other times, I'd rather just stay on the railjack. So both are good.

That's in solo mode. Just change your matchmaking preference to solo. (Though it would be nice to have a permanent AI crewmember on engineering/defense duty as the 10th intrinsic for command.)

Didn't you just say that you didn't want skirmishes? That sounds like the definition of a skirmish mission.

Agreed. I see no reason not to include a Corpus Skirmish mission or two per Corpus Proxima planet. The Corpus Points of Interest already don't require the crew to keep leaving the interior and the mechanics for that mode should be applicable. More content is more content.

The Corpus railjack missions aren't railjack missions at all, just a taxi to them with no purpose for the railjack which is the main reason why we play railjack missions.

Corpus Skirmish is what we need otherwise I see no reason to continue playing Corpus railjack missions beyond it's basic rewards because Grineer missions are more fun.

I dont remember the planet but its there 2 orphix venom locations in same planet....why not only 1? Needs more balance...some sabotage or spy or skirmish?

Skirmish is what make railjack a true railjack mission....

It feels like they took away the wrong lesson from everyone's complaints about Railjack.  You're not going to make railjacks enjoyable by removing railjacks from 90% of the mission.  It's like saying the Kuva Fortress is Archwing perfected because every mission there is labeled as such due to their being a 1% chance of you needing to fly to the exit.   If I want to run an exterminate mission I'll run an exterminate, if I lose my common sense and want to run defense I'll go run a defense.  I'm not going to go to the Proximas for these just because there's the added benefit of flying in a circle for 2 minutes to destroy a crew ship and shoot some stationary targets that are completely covered up by a UI blip.  As it currently stands these missions are there just for completion's sake, and once I farm 2 sevagoths, the sentinel and maybe the weapon, I probably won't touch them.   When i want to pilot a railjack, i'll just stick to the grineer missions that actually let me do that.  

Exterminate should have had at least 1/2 be outside ship-to-ship exterminate.

Defense should have been outside - using your ship and AW's to defend an object or ship against fighter ships.

Volatile should have been shorten the inside mission time, and once the reactor has been weakened or the engines disabled, there be more RAILJACK fighting vs the ship than just pop 3 waypoints with artillery on a stationary target.

for any of the above, could even reduce the number of enemy ships from a typical skirmish (~90) to 45 and have a bunch of faction specific aw enemies that are in AW missions spawn in, or exit crewships or capital ships to fight.

For that matter, rather than all these extra nodes, could have added Railjacks to traditional AW missions - the mobile defense, pursuit, and maybe even rush could have used some RJ and enemy RJ enemy ships without all the hassle and player dilution of these new nodes.

And Balor Fomarian even should be converted to a RJ mission - its boring and stupidly simplistic in its years-old form.

Archived