Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Call of the Tempestarii: Hotfix 30.0.2

[DE]Drew

1 hour ago, Captain_Rocket505 said:

It'll be like the khora exploit for SE. The abusers get away scott free and they ruin the whole thing in general for everyone. The difference here is that this was a bug, while the khora thing was intended until DE noticed. Just like the endless corpus fighters in those missions. Love the double standards enforced

Ehh. The khora thing wasn't really an *exploit*. It was possible because of poor design of both the frame and means of acquisition for steel essence, but everything that you did in that farm worked as intended at the time, even if it was a little cheesy. This is different in that it is a straight dupe bug that allows you to print resources, if I understand correctly, and is thus hopefully going to be treated differently.

Edited by MasterControl
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, spudster888. said:

What i love most about this update is, the new content is tied to something that isn't warframe. Can you just tell us now if railjack is going to be the primary focus moving forwards so i can just quit the game now? 

To be fair, the "new Railjack content" isn't something many would consider Railjack.  It's just standard Warframe missions shoved into space with a Railjack taxi.  The Grineer Skirmishes are cool (and largely unchanged, bugs and all) but the Corpus missions are not an improvement on Railjack to many (myself included).  And the new weapon and frame drops aren't really behind a Railjack mission, but a standard mission with a Railjack taxi (for the most part).

Railjack 3.0 downgraded so many aspects of Railjack.  There are a few improvements, but mostly things stayed the same or got a little worse (can't force host anymore, so can get stuck on dog sheet tier Railjacks for one example).

• Like 4

There's a bug where sometimes using Sevagoths shadow wont heavy attack. You either have to switch to Sevagoth and back to his shadow or wait a bit before heavy attacks work.

Edited by SplitzyPrime
changed "power attacks" to "heavy attacks"

3 hours ago, Aeoni said:

I actually think that the tactical menu is what interferes with the overlay map. Because the map also goes invisible every time I come out of tactical (aside from randomly at other times).

Luckily there is a workaround (press M twice) - but that still is a hassle in the more stressful missions.

Some people really rely on the overlay map. I have trouble finding enemies without it and navigation is a no-go. <3

Thank you for politely referencing this issue, as I am experiencing it as well.

Void storm effects still make the missions completely unplayable. Between the constant void explosions and void UI effect constantly flickering on and off I have had massive migraines after playing 1 mission both yesterday and today. This isn't just excessive effects, this is visual vomit. I tried tweaking the graphical settings, but this is beyond what that can fix. I would really like to play the new update, but since the void storm rewards are meh compared to normal relic cracks AND are migraine inducing I don't see a point to it. The explosion effects are bad but not anything super new compared to eidolons/orb fights, but the void UI effect is atrocious. I have no history of screen sickness or seizures but this really turned me off from playing warframe, since I do have a couple friends who play that do get screen sick. If it gives me a migraine after 5-10 minutes, I can't imagine them going anywhere near this content.

void explosion happening somewhat offscreen:20210414165750_1.jpg

void UI effect. As is it appears and disappears very rapidly, sometimes multiple times within a second. It is a very strong visual effect which already sucks, but it also has NO transition. magnetic procs have transitions, this just pops up. When you aim down sight, it becomes less intense. Please tone down this effect to the ADS level all the time and add transitions:

20210414165758_1.jpg

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Wheelhouser said:

To be fair, the "new Railjack content" isn't something many would consider Railjack.  It's just standard Warframe missions shoved into space with a Railjack taxi.  The Grineer Skirmishes are cool (and largely unchanged, bugs and all) but the Corpus missions are not an improvement on Railjack to many (myself included).  And the new weapon and frame drops aren't really behind a Railjack mission, but a standard mission with a Railjack taxi (for the most part).

Railjack 3.0 downgraded so many aspects of Railjack.  There are a few improvements, but mostly things stayed the same or got a little worse (can't force host anymore, so can get stuck on dog sheet tier Railjacks for one example).

I mean i refuse to get the railjack on my pc account, i already suffered through that once, i'm not doing it again. So as i said, i'd like for DE to tell us how much future content is going to be hidden behind this garbage so i can just quit playing now. Its sad to see a game i love be ruined because the studio director wants to take the game in a direction which is the antithesis of the game they originally made. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, spudster888. said:

I mean i refuse to get the railjack on my pc account, i already suffered through that once, i'm not doing it again. So as i said, i'd like for DE to tell us how much future content is going to be hidden behind this garbage so i can just quit playing now. Its sad to see a game i love be ruined because the studio director wants to take the game in a direction which is the antithesis of the game they originally made. 

Curious as to what about Railjack you don't like?  Mind sharing?  The Skirmish missions?  Lack of any in-game guidance?

Of the "alternate playstyles" added (Operator, Archwing, Necromech, and LoL K-Drives) it's the only one I find fun to play.  Necro isn't bad, OP is a useful tool in a mission, but AW gameplay is awful and K-drives are pointless.  I wasn't a RJ master or anything before 3.0 (intrinsics all 6 and 7), but I always had fun playing them (when Nightwave called for them).  3.0 is not an upgrade in any aspect that I can see (more bugs, less fun, crappier host ships).  I guess the quest is faster to finish (it was a bad quest with horrid and unnecessary time gates).

I guess I just actually have fun flying a Railjack and shooting at things, and to compare, have no fun flying an Archwing and shooting at things.  What's your opinion on Archwings?

3 minutes ago, Wheelhouser said:

Curious as to what about Railjack you don't like?  Mind sharing?  The Skirmish missions?  Lack of any in-game guidance?

Of the "alternate playstyles" added (Operator, Archwing, Necromech, and LoL K-Drives) it's the only one I find fun to play.  Necro isn't bad, OP is a useful tool in a mission, but AW gameplay is awful and K-drives are pointless.  I wasn't a RJ master or anything before 3.0 (intrinsics all 6 and 7), but I always had fun playing them (when Nightwave called for them).  3.0 is not an upgrade in any aspect that I can see (more bugs, less fun, crappier host ships).  I guess the quest is faster to finish (it was a bad quest with horrid and unnecessary time gates).

I guess I just actually have fun flying a Railjack and shooting at things, and to compare, have no fun flying an Archwing and shooting at things.  What's your opinion on Archwings?

I hate literally everything about the game mode, like it does nothing right. Everything you listed i hate. Even the fact its now just a glorified taxi, it just means i have to waste my time getting to do the part of warframe i like. Why even have it then? Cut the middle man and just do whats worked for the past 8 years, 

Edited by spudster888.
  • Like 2

So I gotta stay that you guys really nailed the quest, it was short but awesome, I hope youll continue the story of the Tempestari.

And now can we please get rid off all the extra explosions and visuals around the screen in voidstorms? The white explosions are like an epilepsy seizure and the effect around the screen makes me feel dizzy and my brain doesnt feel good while Im looking at it.

Also please bring back flux energy, my railjack is a huge taxi now, can not even use my ships powers if I dont limit myself to certain frames.

• Like 2

Dear Orokin Rulers of Warframe, I, a tenno at Mastery Rank 18, noticed that all new weapons such as The [Epitath] is locked for any and all use despite it Requiring Mastery Rank 8. A comprehensive systems check may be in order.  its popping up more regularly. must be the a glitch in transference.

footnote: the front Railjack turret seems to infect AI crew into forms with mental states of isolation despite being ordered to other duties on SOLO mode. This variant of Shore leave was not approved, at least not during battle. also when summoned to aid the tenno, they become quite mute. there should be a toggle perhaps.

the pacing of the Corpus captains voicelines can feel awkward or slow in the wrong places or with flat tone when greater emphasis was meant or required. must be those Solaris Ventkids stealing vocal parts again.

Loved the new quest, and song despite its short beginning, hope to see more in the future. 
  also yes, the other gifts were appreciated and entirely unexpected, The Sundancer, and Sea-wolf will think of it often. thank you. now if only i could equip that void effect to the other older model... via an Ephemera.

Also, if your in the relay needing ideas for new mission types, this Tenno is always ready to share. Good hunting!

• Like 2

Is the drop rate broken on Sevagoth parts? I've been grinding for awhile and I've never gotten a chassis. Been at void storms on neptune, pluto, and veil, no luck. Not a single chass! Would be nice if we could get a part guaranteed after a certain amount of working for it, DE.

Still waiting on my Endo reimbursement for not getting the correct value when scrapping gear, that was sent out in last hotfix.

sort of sucks someone left off a 2 on the value, 25 instead of 225.

Apart from that I'm really liking what's been dropped, that quest music was awesome.

• Like 1