Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Emblem Input

Mhykiel

Question

Loaded here is a Clan Emblem I want to use.  Any suggestions or likes?  Every place black is transparent.  The way displayed here is a black background for clarity.  For a clan named Shi No Ryoshu

pyBF6MN.png?1

Edited:  New Design after comments:

ud2yAsi.png

Edited by Mhykiel

11 answers to this question

The head ending before the nose is too odd. Even if it has the same pattern but inverted to end above the nose I think would be better but as is my eyes are drawn to that because I dont udnerstand what it's supposed to be

But the nose,mouth chin and teeth (everything else really) looks amazing

I took it from the masks of samurai and other illustrations of the same.  That piece in the head is the bridge that connects to the Samurai's face.  i have to admit your right it looks out of place now that the context is loss.

Thanks for the comments.  So I updated the design.  I hope the details come through.

Glazy the clan name means "Lords of Death" in Japanese.  So says Google.

The emblems in game are glowing white and they look stunning.  I'm debating if I should add color??

ud2yAsi.png

Edited by Mhykiel

I used Gimp.  It's a free design program.  If you have worked in photoshop the learning curve is practically non existent.

I built this in 30 minutes (not counting image research an hour).  I went through Google images grabbing pictures of what I liked.  Kind of collage them together erasing and pasting the bits I liked.  Then on a clean layer with a brush I drew thick lines of what I wanted the piece to look like.  Being sure to close the outside lines.  (could also be done with line tool like a comic style but I was going for fast)

Then I merge the line drawing down onto a white background.  I delete the outside space. 

Create new layer under Line drawing layer.  Invert selection to make drop shadow (white 5px offset 20px fade).  Back to line drawing layer > Transform > "Color to Alpha" > choose black (( This makes the black line go transparent)).  I then Merge Line drawing with Drop shadow layers.  I create ne background layer color Black (or anything)  and I then use the smudge tool to add some shading and depth.

That's How I did It.

Edited by Mhykiel

very nice work bravo again

a little bit complicated for me bcz iam not

familiar with fotoshop i am looking for something simplyer

Thank you,

It's not quite that complicated.  I suggest you download Gimp.  It's free and has a lot of user made tutorials on the internet.  So when you get lost the answer is not hard to find.  Plus the program is full featured so it is only as complicated as you want your work to be.

Edited by Mhykiel