Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Additional Railjack Tactical UI keybinds

-Zr-Scroll

Fluidity.

The first thing that descripes Warframe gameplay.

Fast and precise controls allowing advanced maneuvers that add complexity quickly.

So I'd like to suggest additions to UI usability in Railjack. Especially in Tactical Menu and Pilot seat.

Here's a mockup for Tactical Menu

ABxFWy3.jpg

Currently when Tactical Menu is open, you can only use your mouse to access things and keyboard is totally unused.

What if the Tactical abilities were useable with 123 just like the Railjack abilities are on the pilot seat. Shared Warframe Tactical abilities would be bound to QWER.

If you have the 'Teleport to other player' Intrinsic unlocked - SHIFT+E would teleport you to 3rd player on the list, which is my AI crewmate Strategist Torikiza in this case. Often if a crewmate is down you might want to teleport to them really quickly within a POI and very often the majority of the time to transition is taken by finding your cursor on the screen and actually hitting the right super small button. Slowly I've learned which one of the icons is the teleport, but it would be convienient if it was merely a keybind.

Then you could customize the different static teleport locations within railjack how you want, but I selected CSATB solely based on the starting letters of the points.

Having these quick access binds would be similar to using Cipher with Y rather than waiting to find your cursor to press the item you want on the screen.

For the Pilot I'd like to see this:

GjVxRMq.jpg

Press 4 to make a cool transition to Forward Artillery seat. Something like a backwards dash combined with a backflip over the navigation console. This is actually something I do currently :D

This is just a small usability suggestion that would significantly enhance the user experience for these screens.

Thank you!

i just wish you could rebind the tactical menu key for when you're in a railjack vehicle, i.e. turrets or cockpit, because you can rebind it for when you're walking but if you pilot it or enter a turret it becomes L again, it's too far away to access quickly or comfortably

15 hours ago, Daster95 said:

i just wish you could rebind the tactical menu key for when you're in a railjack vehicle, i.e. turrets or cockpit, because you can rebind it for when you're walking but if you pilot it or enter a turret it becomes L again, it's too far away to access quickly or comfortably

That's weird because it works for me. I've bound Tactical Menu to '§/½' key, the one left to '1' on keyboard, below ESC. And I literally just went and tested it out on Gunner and Pilot seats and it works from there as it should.

You should check if there is something weird going on with your Railjack binds. RJ has its separate keybind settings way in the end of Options/Controls pane, in the section where you have the separate mouse sensitivities for your railjack. 'Railjack->Customize Key Bindings'.

Even if they are as they should, make an arbitrary change and save the settings if there is some weird corruption in your settings files that causes the game to revert to defaults in certain situations.

Archived